Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

same. maybe they are only sending it to people that didn't get 10 free dollars last month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

If you haven't even received the email and were previously subscribed, I'd say wait and you'll probably get the email. It's been very inconsistent with me as far as when I get their newsletters, flash sales, holiday sales, etc. They must stagger them or something. If you got the email but no code, don't know what to say but I didn't get the :10bux: last month.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Oh dang I definitely wasn't subbed to their mailing list - fixed that just now.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, I disabled adblock and it showed up. 20% off code that expires on the 19th

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
What are some good rhythm games for Vita other than the Project Diva ones (Canada if it matters)? I have nothing against weeb games, I just really dislike the game interface with the notes flying all over the screen.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

persona 4 dancing all night

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

DJ Max Technika Tune (Touchscreen game)
Superbeat Xonic
Taiko no Tatsujin (I believe there was a Vita release)

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Comedy answer: Senran Kagura: bon appetit

Real answer: IA/VT: Colorful

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Real hurthling! posted:

same. maybe they are only sending it to people that didn't get 10 free dollars last month?

99% sure that was for people who got a pro or new ps4 in that recent time period

From reddit:

So I guess make sure you're signed up for future?

http://us.playstation.com/email-signup/
(doesn't work for me, just spins and spins)

From PS site account settings > notification preferences at bottom > check top box

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Has anyone in Europe gotten those Golden Tickets or 20% coupons?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Nope, discounts are just not SCEE's style.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Chalupa Joe posted:

Yeah but you guys usually get way better sales/prices in general, plus a return policy.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Their digital stuff is over priced and in the end their sales are almost as good as ours and they don't get Sony rewards or the spend 100, get 25 promo.

Also they don't get flash sales like we did if I remember right. They never got those one dollar game flash sales.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Don't worry I'm sure they will get their copy of Battleborn soon enough.

... I just realized Battleborn is a prime candidate for a PS Plus game

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My email was from the 8th, so don't forget to check a little further back.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If somebody doesn't want their 20% off code, I'll take it off your hands. :shobon:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hi. A while ago I bought Dark Cloud 2 on PS4, but no one else on my PS4 can play it. It's the only game on the PS4 locked to an account (that I've seen), including the Dark Cloud 1 someone else bought that I've played a bit of. I'm not entirely sure why?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nihilarian posted:

Hi. A while ago I bought Dark Cloud 2 on PS4, but no one else on my PS4 can play it. It's the only game on the PS4 locked to an account (that I've seen), including the Dark Cloud 1 someone else bought that I've played a bit of. I'm not entirely sure why?

Your account likely doesn't have your PS4 set as the primary console for the account.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

but wouldnt that affect his other games too?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

univbee posted:

Your account likely doesn't have your PS4 set as the primary console for the account.
oh, whoops. Yeah, that fixed it. Thanks!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Awesome! posted:

I'm guessing they were owned by other people's accounts who had that PS4 set as their primary.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Awesome! posted:

probably, if I'd bought any other digital games.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nihilarian posted:

probably, if I'd bought any other digital games.

ok your post made it sound (to me) like you were playing other games without issue so i guess that makes more sense

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Chalupa Joe posted:

Uncharted 4 is AUD$31 right now as part of the 12 Deals of Christmas thing, so um.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of Uncharted 4, apparently Sony is pulling what so many others did before and is getting cold feet about the price of the Uncharted 4 Season Pass being too low, so they're going to pull it on Tuesday, after which it will only be possible to get that storyline thingy announced at PEX via a standalone release a la TLoU Left Behind. But if you get the season pass by then you get everything with it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

univbee posted:

Speaking of Uncharted 4, apparently Sony is pulling what so many others did before and is getting cold feet about the price of the Uncharted 4 Season Pass being too low, so they're going to pull it on Tuesday, after which it will only be possible to get that storyline thingy announced at PEX via a standalone release a la TLoU Left Behind. But if you get the season pass by then you get everything with it.

what exactly is everything?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

what exactly is everything?

a pile of useless mp currency and the stand alone dlc

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so basically they are going to let me buy the only thing i would care about by itself? ok

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

so basically they are going to let me buy the only thing i would care about by itself? ok

it will probably be the same price or like maybe a few dollars more cause right now you are getting like 15 dollars worth of currency in the 20 dollar explorer pack season pass. it will probably be physical though so you can dump it as soon as its over to recoup the difference imo.

also in uc4 news, we are getting what is billed as a pretty awesome horde mode this week.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If we know for sure that the story dlc will be the same price as the current season pass at $25, then yeah I'd just buy it now for extra currency, which might help with the horde/coop mode stuff.

But it feels like it's gonna be $20, so I'm probably just gonna wait for the standalone.

Probably was a decent move to buy the digital deluxe edition back when it was coming out, since it was only $20 more, and I have a feeling the story DLC won't be $15. Left Behind was $15 I think, but DLC stuff this generation feels more expensive, so I'd wager it'll be closer to $20.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Never buy the season pass.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Why does Uncharted have f2p currency?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Because modern gaming

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Volfogg posted:

Superbeat Xonic
Taiko no Tatsujin (I believe there was a Vita release)

Superbeat Xonic looks pretty cool. I didn't think to look for Taiko no Tatsujin before, but I really like the game series. Is it possible for me to buy it from the JP PSN store when I already have my main account, or would it be easier to just import the card, and forget about dlc?

Ryoga posted:

Comedy answer: Senran Kagura: bon appetit
:fap:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

elf help book posted:

So you can skip the unlock tree, thus invalidating any point in playing the game.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So you can skip the unlock tree, thus invalidating any point in playing the game.

I played it for fun. hosed up, I know

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fun is not allowed.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

elf help book posted:

Because goddammit, after they milk that cash cow, they're gonna gently caress that cash cow.

Call it "micro-transaction dlc" :v:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
honestly, Uncharted's f2p stuff is pretty inoffensive. most of it's cosmetic and the gameplay stuff isn't unbalanced. I've always done about as well I expect to with the non-DLC weapons/skills. you never have to spend money to do well, and the only real complaint I have is how long it takes to unlock things, but such is the nature, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Actually its a loving nightmare. The non-premium currency drips in at 20 per win or 10 for a loss while the new gameplay dlc chests cost 3000, with no guarantee that you will even get a new weapon, the first one i opened had two boring perks in it or something.

There are challenges to complete for extra currency but they only replace them at a rate of one a day, so you're limited to how much you can earn from these.

It would be fine if everything was half the cost it is, or if you could unlock specific items with the non-premium currency, but at the moment it's a lovely grindy dice roll designed to make you open your wallet.

• Locked thread