Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It doesn't go into the Pyrenees :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Hey! You get the French alps and you will bloody well like it! :mad:

To be fair I was surprised that they included a small part of Italy but yeah, no Pyrenees.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'm way more hype for France than I am for the ATS rescale, tbh. :france:

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

Has Oculus support been dropped recently in ATS?

I re-installed today and it simply crashes to desktop after selecting the profile and save game. I've tried swithing between the normal and the Oculus beta and the launch switch.

Anyone else had this issue? Also the Oculus beta doesn't support the new Peterbilt, boo!

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

ElZilcho posted:

Has Oculus support been dropped recently in ATS?

I re-installed today and it simply crashes to desktop after selecting the profile and save game. I've tried swithing between the normal and the Oculus beta and the launch switch.

Anyone else had this issue? Also the Oculus beta doesn't support the new Peterbilt, boo!

Pretty sure you need to go into the betas tab on steam and enable some special build for it to work. There is one for experimental oculus support so I guess thats it.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Have anyone had problems using Steam Controller with ATS? I tried using the official config but it won't register the axes when turning the wheel or trying to setup in options.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

So what's the verdict on the rescale as far as mods and everything else goes? I should get my video card back from the EVGA step-up (which took like 6 months to finally become available) this week I'm hoping. I haven't played ATS in a while because I've really wanted the rescale.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Anyone interested in a G27? I'm getting rid of mine. Some more details in the general simulator thread.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
"Next week, we will make an anouncement regarding Vive la France! DLC which we believe will make Euro Truck Simulator 2 fans very happy."

My guess is announcing the release date for the DLC and also the price.

What would make fans really drat happy would be 'Free' as the price for it. As ATS is getting their big map rescale, giving ETS2 fans who have been patient the DLC for free for a limited time would make them really happy as well.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

IAmTheRad posted:

"Next week, we will make an anouncement regarding Vive la France! DLC which we believe will make Euro Truck Simulator 2 fans very happy."

My guess is announcing the release date for the DLC and also the price.

What would make fans really drat happy would be 'Free' as the price for it. As ATS is getting their big map rescale, giving ETS2 fans who have been patient the DLC for free for a limited time would make them really happy as well.

Or free if you've hit a certain milestone on hours on Steam, like a couple of recent DLCs have been.

I would almost certainly hit any mark they set :goleft:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm perfectly happy to keep paying for truck map DLC if that means they keep making it.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm perfectly happy to keep paying for truck map DLC if that means they keep making it.

:same:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Speaking of, :siren: DLC coming out in a week and will be the same price as the Scandinavia DLC :siren:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

$4.74? :v:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TjyvTompa posted:

Pretty sure you need to go into the betas tab on steam and enable some special build for it to work. There is one for experimental oculus support so I guess thats it.

The Oculus support is also kind of terrible. It's not optimized at all so even on a relatively high-end PC I had a choice between turning all the graphics settings down to "muddy garbage" or having a framerate so bad it caused immediate motion sickness. It's a shame because it does feel cool but it needs some serious work.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Well, I will get the France DLC when it's on sale.

$19.99 in Canada. drat exchange rate.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Is there a non-mod way to make my ETS2 look this good in motion? Because i swear, while it's not ugly, it looks worse than, say, GTA4, but these screenies make it look like it has a modern lighting engine. I crank up everything and it's still not very appealing to look at.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I have but one question: Since the Oculus version is its own branch (selected independently from Beta) does that mean 1.5 doesn't have native Oculus support?

I only have a DK2 but I can only play the Truck Simulator games in VR and I wanna get back into this.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Morter posted:

Is there a non-mod way to make my ETS2 look this good in motion? Because i swear, while it's not ugly, it looks worse than, say, GTA4, but these screenies make it look like it has a modern lighting engine. I crank up everything and it's still not very appealing to look at.

Out of curiosity, do you not have the Scandinavia DLC? At one point, the Scandinavia DLC came with some lighting modifications. I dunno if they ever made it into the main branch or if you need to have Scandinavia for it. Just a long shot.

Where'd you get that screenshot?

Also, this is outdated but probably should still work: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761915&pagenumber=16#post455899180

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

Out of curiosity, do you not have the Scandinavia DLC? At one point, the Scandinavia DLC came with some lighting modifications. I dunno if they ever made it into the main branch or if you need to have Scandinavia for it. Just a long shot.

Where'd you get that screenshot?

Also, this is outdated but probably should still work: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761915&pagenumber=16#post455899180

I have the Scandinavia DLC. Also, I got the screenshot from the link I quoted. It's from the SCS software blog :v:

Edit: I realize that part of the reason I'm annoyed with the trucker games is that I only have one garage--in my starting town--and I only play often enough that it always ejects me to my starting town because of new updates or whatever. Ugh.

Morter fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 2, 2016

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Mr Scumbag posted:

I have but one question: Since the Oculus version is its own branch (selected independently from Beta) does that mean 1.5 doesn't have native Oculus support?

I only have a DK2 but I can only play the Truck Simulator games in VR and I wanna get back into this.

There is no Oculus option in the display menu, but you might be able to get it to work by starting it with additional commands.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I will make my new HQ in Brest.
Put all my MAN trucks there.
--
DLC is out now. $21.99 in Canada. I bought it.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 5, 2016

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
France DLC is out now.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Fish and Chimps posted:

Have anyone had problems using Steam Controller with ATS? I tried using the official config but it won't register the axes when turning the wheel or trying to setup in options.
Tried a new profile and switched to official config. Had no trouble with input wizard detecting triggers or joystick. Might want to double-check the controller configuration. Steam defaults to the most popular community config if the developer hasn't set an official config. That happened when I first tried SC with ATS; I ended up with a config that outputted only keyboard inputs to the game.

Message me on Steam if you're still having trouble.

wolffenstein fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 5, 2016

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Vive la France has all new achievements!

Also nuclear power plants.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

and is $0.38 over my budget right now :(

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

wolffenstein posted:

Tried a new profile and switched to official config. Had no trouble with input wizard detecting triggers or joystick. Might want to double-check the controller configuration. Steam defaults to the most popular community config if the developer hasn't set an official config. That happened when I first tried SC with ATS; I ended up with a config that outputted only keyboard inputs to the game.

Message me on Steam if you're still having trouble.

Thanks but I decided it was foolish to try and setup for trucking' on the couch, where I can't use my EDtracker, an essential part of my truckin' experience

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Fish and Chimps posted:

Thanks but I decided it was foolish to try and setup for trucking' on the couch, where I can't use my EDtracker, an essential part of my truckin' experience
I'm guessing you're also using a Steam Link. You can use VirtualHere to setup USB devices that Steam Link doesn't officially support.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Oh nice, might need to pick up a link and this so I don't need to move my rig each time I want to drive. This work good with dfgt?

Feats of Strength
Feb 9, 2012

Man, If god told me to sacrifice my son I'd tell
him to fuck off.

Kilonum posted:

OH GOD I AM IN THE UK

You poor soul. Just remember to drive on the left and all the speed limits are in miles per hour and not kilometers per hour. (30mph = 50km/h, 50mph = 80km/h, 60mph = 100km/h)

Being someone who learned to drive in the UK, I find it the complete opposite, when i'm not getting speeding tickets for zones which arbitrarily change from 50mph to 31mph when coming close to a city, or having someone crash into the back of me as the lane's onto duel carriageway's don't lead into a new lane I find it a sweet relief whenever I pull into hull after a jaunt around Europe.. I'd never have though I'd be so relieved arriving in Hull in all my life!

Roundabouts though however terrify me in game as much as they do in real life, they are essentially designed to trigger panic attacks.

Does anyone have any specific Wheel/Brake/Gearstick hardware that they could recommend for this game? I'm currently using a keyboard and i'd like it to be more "immersive".

Feats of Strength fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 7, 2016

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Feats of Strength posted:

Being someone who learned to drive in the UK, I find it the complete opposite, when i'm not getting speeding tickets for zones which arbitrarily change from 50mph to 31mph when coming close to a city, or having someone crash into the back of me as the lane's onto duel carriageway's don't lead into a new lane I find it a sweet relief whenever I pull into hull after a jaunt around Europe.. I'd never have though I'd be so relieved arriving in Hull in all my life!

Roundabouts though however terrify me in game as much as they do in real life, they are essentially designed to trigger panic attacks.

Does anyone have any specific Wheel/Brake/Gearstick hardware that they could recommend for this game? I'm currently using a keyboard and i'd like it to be more "immersive".

The Logitech G27 is the 'go-to' for entry-level wheels. Good enough to not suck and let you know if it's for you, but still relatively cheap enough to be able to afford it. The G25 is essentially the same wheel with less face buttons on the wheel and a slightly different shifter that allows sequential.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

There's nothing like running out of fuel on the freeway, drifting up an off ramp and through various signs/intersections to get to a gas station only to accidentally slam on the brakes merely inches away.

:negative:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Apparently the ATS rescale is LIVE!

Also the game is 30% off this week in celebration.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 12, 2016

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Apparently the ATS rescale is LIVE!

Also the game is 30% off this week in celebration.

code:
Better trailer air pressure simulation
Wonder if that means the air pressure in ATS no longer always drain instantly without a trailer. I had to turn that off in the options it was so annoying compared to how it worked in ETS2.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Haven't played this in awhile, and I'm really liking the ATS rescale so far.

ATS question: what's the American equivalent of the MAN -- i.e. what truck has the biggest front window for staring at scenery? I'm driving a Kensworth right now and the view seems so drat narrow.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Ugh, I've really plateau'd on ETS2 (1 garage, 3 workers). I don't hate the gameplay but I feel like progress is stagnant. Something inside is telling me playing ATS will be different enough that I'll enjoy it more/longer.

How wrong am I?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Morter posted:

Ugh, I've really plateau'd on ETS2 (1 garage, 3 workers). I don't hate the gameplay but I feel like progress is stagnant. Something inside is telling me playing ATS will be different enough that I'll enjoy it more/longer.

How wrong am I?

ATS probably won't hit it for you. The game isn't for everyone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

When figuring whether TruckSim is for you you need to ask how into the idea of driving for over an hour just listening to the radio you are. There's a reason some people call it the best Winamp plugin ever made.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Morter posted:

How wrong am I?

It's the same game, but if you like driving through the southwestern US, it's very pretty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

It certainly looks a lot prettier, which is part of why I want to get it.