Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.

Arione posted:

my E4 mobile was a Porsche Boxster S, my E5 mobile is a 911. Whats an 01 mobile like?

Mazda Miata, just like my lovely DIVO had when I first went to a ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Hobolicious posted:

Mazda Miata, just like my lovely DIVO had when I first went to a ship.

sounds like you should have enlisted

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Arione posted:

my E4 mobile was a Porsche Boxster S, my E5 mobile is a 911. Whats an 01 mobile like?

I went straight for the 911 turbo E-5 mobile *mic drop*

Nuke life

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

I'll just chime in that buying an O-3mobile is way more rewarding than O-1mobile.

When I was getting close to commissioning in ROTC, one of the LTs who worked at the unit pulled me into his office and said "Okay, I know you're going to buy an ensignmobile because they all do, what are you planning on?"
I had just bought a car so I told him, "I just got a 3 year old Buick, why?"
He paused and told me I could go.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

M_Gargantua posted:

I went straight for the 911 turbo E-5 mobile *mic drop*

Nuke life

one of my nuke buddys in hawaii bought a lotus exiege, thing was sexy as gently caress, also knew a nuke e7 with a lamborghini countach, lime green, thing was a panty dropper.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Arione posted:

one of my nuke buddys in hawaii bought a lotus exiege, thing was sexy as gently caress, also knew a nuke e7 with a lamborghini countach, lime green, thing was a panty dropper.

There was always some garbage car with a lime Lamborghini body kit (either that or the thing had been in an awful wreck and got repaired badly) by the IMF/NRMD building. Knew a few guys who got 370Zs or vettes, no Lotus'a that I ever met though.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
the lotus dude lived in seawolf tower.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Arione posted:

At the time, 350Zs and Acuras. I just refinanced my 2 year old Focus instead.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
In proof that we all hate the Navy, no one has posted that we lost the Army V Navy game yet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Only people I knew that ever gave a gently caress were academy grads.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I don't care about football or the stupid service academies.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Null Integer posted:

In proof that we all hate the Navy, no one has posted that we lost the Army V Navy game yet.

i literally did 3 posts ago

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
hey shipmates whenever i see anyone in the navy I call them "shipmate" does that make them as mad/annoyed as I hope?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

hey shipmates whenever i see anyone in the navy I call them "shipmate" does that make them as mad/annoyed as I hope?

Its the typically only used when chewing people out and probably does irritate them.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Im so out i didnt even realize that there was an army navy game on.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its the typically only used when chewing people out and probably does irritate them.

mission accomplished thanks

In the army we'd probably say "Hey hero" or something like that so I'm glad I can sarcastically spread that base level irritation to anyone

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If it's a greeting you gotta sustain the vowels on the "mate" part

Saying just "Shipmayyyyyyte..." translates to 'sarcasticly acknowledging your presence while staring through your glazed eyes and marveling at your lack of grey matter, you're hosed up and you probably don't know it and are too dumb to understand'

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so i see a navy recruiter and i'm like "HEY SHIPMATE"

in like hte least sarcastic literal pronunciation of the word for maximum awkwardness but maybe with a wink or unnoticeable eyebrow furrow/wink because i'm dry as gently caress

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Depends, 'hey shipmate' is more of a general jolly go gently caress yourself.

Just 'shipmate', preferably with a nice long drawl at the end, doubly so if you can scan their uniform and back to their face right before you say it, is just the most passive aggressive way of calling someone a shitbag.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the guy i always do it to is an E6 I think with gold rank so I think that means I should be as sarcastic as gently caress

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
not sarcastic, just the most condescending way

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
really I just want to piss people off so help me out

would the dumb "200 sailors/100 couples" joke be more effective?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I love being called shipmate because I'm a stupid reservist who's never been on ship.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

really I just want to piss people off so help me out

would the dumb "200 sailors/100 couples" joke be more effective?

go call a chief "chief petty officer" the looks are great

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i dont even know what a chief is all your ranks are the same poo poo some are gold and they're fat old guys that look miserable and probably lovely because if you're a gold rank and you didn't outrank me at the time then lol

i wasn't even a fast tracker in the army but lol if you think i give a gently caress about your gold rank and you're not at least a 7

but like seriously if you're not a 9 then who cares unless youre my rater

IDK navy seems gay as gently caress and I got respect for you dudes sitting on a boat with a bunch of enlisted fuckers months at a time

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

i dont even know what a chief is all your ranks are the same poo poo some are gold and they're fat old guys that look miserable and probably lovely because if you're a gold rank and you didn't outrank me at the time then lol

i wasn't even a fast tracker in the army but lol if you think i give a gently caress about your gold rank and you're not at least a 7

IDK navy seems gay as gently caress and I got respect for you dudes sitting on a boat with a bunch of enlisted fuckers months at a time

chiefs are the guys in khakis that aren't officers. they have anchors of some sort on their collar. To irritate them just always call them sir/ma'am.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Whole lotta loving going on from what I've heard.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5qi3IooOVI

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Seabees unironically say shipmate for reasons that will never be understood

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
So dumb question, but for OCS is it boxers or briefs? The packing list in the survival guide says briefs but recent graduates have been saying they dont care there.

Also anything people reccomend bringing? So far I have lots of socks and underwear, mess laundry bag, wristwatch, cash and clear nail polish.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Clear nail polish?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

LingcodKilla posted:

Clear nail polish?

Sealing up frayed ends on clothing. I used superglue, either one is pretty useful.

As I recall you need a few pairs of briefs to have in your locker for inspection, but as far as what you're wearing on your body it probably doesn't matter (one exception being the female candidate who thought it would be a good idea to wear a red thong underneath her dress white pants). You really don't need to bring much yourself; you'll get issued (sold) a sack full of stuff whether you need it or not. Anything extra is just more stuff to hide somewhere prior to inspections. Some styptic pencils or swabs is a good idea, since everyone ends up cutting themselves shaving at least a couple of times.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Sealing up frayed ends on clothing. I used superglue, either one is pretty useful.

As I recall you need a few pairs of briefs to have in your locker for inspection, but as far as what you're wearing on your body it probably doesn't matter (one exception being the female candidate who thought it would be a good idea to wear a red thong underneath her dress white pants). You really don't need to bring much yourself; you'll get issued (sold) a sack full of stuff whether you need it or not. Anything extra is just more stuff to hide somewhere prior to inspections. Some styptic pencils or swabs is a good idea, since everyone ends up cutting themselves shaving at least a couple of times.

There's always one. At least. Had a male with red polka dot boxers once.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Huh. I was able to use my Chiefs lighter in boot for threads.

I could imagine walking into a bunch of idiots huffing the nail polish.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Mr. Nice! posted:

To irritate them just always call them sir/ma'am.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Also ask them what rate they are.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

LingcodKilla posted:

Huh. I was able to use my Chiefs lighter in boot for threads.

I could imagine walking into a bunch of idiots huffing the nail polish.

As opposed to walking into a pile of rubble because someone burned the barracks down after lighting their pants on fire.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Wingnut Ninja posted:

As opposed to walking into a pile of rubble because someone burned the barracks down after lighting their pants on fire.

Well yes. The kids had to use nail clippers but I got the lighter use after repairing some small stuff for knots practice.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Sir Lucius posted:

Also ask them what rate they are.

Too soon shipmate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Navy v Army game is proof that without ratings we can no longer win.

• Locked thread