Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
*farts*

silver 1

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What? I love laning against Singed, it's a really good test of your footwork and positioning.

Not if they're playing proxy and rush a zz'rot, then it's just uninteractive poo poo while your tower slowly dies

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
So what happened to Nunu. He jumped to an almost 55% win rate about 5 patches ago and has dropped almost 10 points since then. I never really quite understood what made him OP for about 3 or 4 patches (power farmer and gobs of HP I think?), but is it a combination of the new mastery (which he can't use), the new jungle (which slows his clears), and a few nerfs?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Flex is such a weird Queue. Placed in Bronze 1, my first "bronze" game i have two diamond players on my team and get 25 LP for the win. I'm not complaining because silver is pretty much a joke and it'll take like a month to hit gold if i put any effort into it but I'm kinda laughing at the double-diamond pair in that first game.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Gripen5 posted:

So what happened to Nunu. He jumped to an almost 55% win rate about 5 patches ago and has dropped almost 10 points since then. I never really quite understood what made him OP for about 3 or 4 patches (power farmer and gobs of HP I think?), but is it a combination of the new mastery (which he can't use), the new jungle (which slows his clears), and a few nerfs?

They gave a huge scaling HP buff to his Q (3% max health per stack up to 5 stacks) and then nerfed it the next patch (2% max health per stack).

He'd be fine if any of the keystones did absolutely anything for him.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

kingcobweb posted:

They gave a huge scaling HP buff to his Q (3% max health per stack up to 5 stacks) and then nerfed it the next patch (2% max health per stack).

He'd be fine if any of the keystones did absolutely anything for him.
I think most of the jungle changes were bad for him too. He's probably the worst jungler in the game for killing krugs and raptors, and other champions got comparatively more benefit from the changes to smite.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Man Hecarim is a lot of fun.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

misguided rage posted:

I think most of the jungle changes were bad for him too. He's probably the worst jungler in the game for killing krugs and raptors, and other champions got comparatively more benefit from the changes to smite.

Yeah, the heal-on-every-smite was an absolute blessing from the gods for junglers that take a lot of damage and absolutely meh for sustain-focused junglers. Willump's whole thing is sustained jungle clearing/easy counterjungling, and now it seems like everyone has that, so why bother.

It's weird that they've seemingly flip-flopped on how difficult the jungle should be. Remember when they purposefully made it super punishing so that the Lee Sins and Khas of the world had to choose between early farming and camps? I literally cannot remember the last Warwick I saw.

edit: once you get Bami's Cinder you can clear chickens but that's also true for Sack of Potatoes: The Champion

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You know what would be good? If they made a champ that had max %hp damage, true damage, had an AoE slow, an AoE heal, an attack speed steroid, a stun, auto attack resets, AoE knockback/lockdown, total %hp shields, current %hp damage, could build tanky and still do damage, long distance mobility and wall jumps. What a slick champ that would be.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Please god make it a support just this one time

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kingcobweb posted:

Please god make it a support just this one time

I have sad news for you, friend

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

but if they make it a support nobody will buy it because support champs cant do anything and always lose the game and my adc can't cs but since im a support i obviously can

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
A support that makes an ally do true damage as their ult. hire me, rito

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

A support that makes an ally do true damage as their ult. hire me, rito

why would you ever want to help your allies, as the support?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you can use it on yourself too, duh.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah, the heal-on-every-smite was an absolute blessing from the gods for junglers that take a lot of damage and absolutely meh for sustain-focused junglers. Willump's whole thing is sustained jungle clearing/easy counterjungling, and now it seems like everyone has that, so why bother.

It's weird that they've seemingly flip-flopped on how difficult the jungle should be. Remember when they purposefully made it super punishing so that the Lee Sins and Khas of the world had to choose between early farming and camps? I literally cannot remember the last Warwick I saw.

edit: once you get Bami's Cinder you can clear chickens but that's also true for Sack of Potatoes: The Champion

it's because riot has decided champions with insanely telegraphed but "you can't technically outplay it after you've already let them get into position with no dashes" abilities are unfun while they reiterate forever over how fun "what if we made a high damage high mobility champion that died if you got chain cc on them" is as a design concept.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

ArbitraryC posted:

"what if we made a high damage high mobility champion that died if you got chain cc on them"

this is, just imho, the worst loving thing in the game

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Most glass cannons tend to die if they get chain CCed, but let's try to avoid having a high mobility high damage character with 2+ AOE stuns that can wipe out most characters before they can even move, like say, Riven.

I'm drawing a blank on any other character besides Riven that has access to 2 stuns and some of the highest mobility and damage all in the game, all on short cooldowns.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 10, 2016

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Ekko's slow + movespeed, hard stun + shield, double dash and massive AP scaling heal + blink is balanced because if you can perfect chain cc and damage he

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

irelia was the beginning of the end for league of legends

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

flyingkiwi posted:

Ekko's slow + movespeed, hard stun + shield, double dash and massive AP scaling heal + blink is balanced because if you can perfect chain cc and damage he

Ah right right, Ekko has been up there with Riven for problematic damage dealer with a stun and heavy slow with high mobility and much tankier or can be built tankier then expected.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I got placed in bronze 4. gently caress yes.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Both riven red (riven classic) and riven blue (ap riven) are bad champs that shouldnt be in the game.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Riven was the first hero with AD scaling on a utility skill, the true root of all evils

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

at least tank riven isn't viable

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I don't think that Riven's design is at all bad. She's really rewarding to learn, can make flashy plays, but she's not overpowered in the slightest: she doesn't pass 50% win rate for Plat players until they have 50+ games on her.

If a champion feels overpowered and is super popular despite being absolutely average statistically... it might actually be a well-designed champ!!

It's me, the Riven/Zed/Fizz defender

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

kingcobweb posted:

you are exactly half right.

meant nautilus not nasus. doop.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

henkman posted:

Not if they're playing proxy and rush a zz'rot, then it's just uninteractive poo poo while your tower slowly dies

Okay fair. Pretty much all the Singeds I see are one tricks who might proxy the first wave but after that lane and try to kill me.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I've got like 100 games on renekton in the past 3 years and he's still pretty good, especially now that I stopped building him as an assassin when I want to win games. Thanks for reading

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Flex queue matchmaking seems like its 100% uninformed by previous data, my placement matches were mostly with/against players who were gold or plat last season, i went 6-4, and it put me in silver 5 where i'm continuing to get gold/plat players in my games (along with actual silver scrubs like me)

It makes for some wildly unbalanced games. But bonus IP so i'll keep putting myself through the wringer I guess.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

I don't think that Riven's design is at all bad. She's really rewarding to learn, can make flashy plays, but she's not overpowered in the slightest: she doesn't pass 50% win rate for Plat players until they have 50+ games on her.

If a champion feels overpowered and is super popular despite being absolutely average statistically... it might actually be a well-designed champ!!

It's me, the Riven/Zed/Fizz defender

The way to make Riven a champion that can pass for a good one: make her Q's cooldown start on the third cast, not the first. Maybe shorthen it by a few seconds. Boom, she now has a reall tradeoff in her kit.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Riven's design is bad imo because there's not a lot of room to out play her if she gets even the slightest bit ahead.
Nothing has to "line up" or work in her favor for a successful trade or all-in -- it's pretty much the same combo.

I'm probably more concerned going up against a Darius, but at least he has to land his abilities and you have a decent chance at avoiding/baiting them out. Riven will just keep coming at you in a straight line if she wants to, usually a hell of a lot faster than you can get away.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
She also really epitomizes the obnoxious design of a hero with so many low CD dashes they may as well have 100% slow resist. Which also cuts down on counter options.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

She also really epitomizes the obnoxious design of a hero with so many low CD dashes they may as well have 100% slow resist. Which also cuts down on counter options.

The fact that slows don't cut down dash distances will never stop bothering me. I understand why (for purposes of consistency), but it makes slows feel dogshit useless against high mobility characters like Lee Sin or Riven. Most of the time, they only seem to be there to punish people who already struggle with their mobility.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

It seems like they're afraid to make any significant changes to some of those flashy champs with rabid fanbases like Riven, Lee Sin, Yasuo

I remember back in season 4 they removed ward jumping from Lee Sin's W on the PBE and there were massive threads on reddit full of thousands of people angrily yelling about it and threatening to quit the game

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016

idk, I think the next video had substantially wiser words

:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBOOc7D-wIM:nws:

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

LegalPad posted:

Riven's design is bad imo because there's not a lot of room to out play her if she gets even the slightest bit ahead.
Nothing has to "line up" or work in her favor for a successful trade or all-in -- it's pretty much the same combo.

I'm probably more concerned going up against a Darius, but at least he has to land his abilities and you have a decent chance at avoiding/baiting them out. Riven will just keep coming at you in a straight line if she wants to, usually a hell of a lot faster than you can get away.

God's own way of outplaying riven is picking rammus and repeatedly ganking for the first ten minutes of the game. Tilts them off the face of the earth. Also works on Yasuo.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Shelvocke posted:

God's own way of outplaying riven is picking rammus and repeatedly ganking for the first ten minutes of the game. Tilts them off the face of the earth. Also works on Yasuo.

OK

Orv
May 4, 2011
What are some champs like Aatrox that aren't the hottest garbage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXYF83bORLQ
(he was ezreal so this fits gently caress you)

• Locked thread