Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

gently caress, this one's real good too
e: last one promise, these have been fun to do

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Ronan summoned an invisible brick! :rip: Spoder-Man

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its killing me how Space Judge vs Spiderman is being drawn with way less action than 'Spider-man is punched in the head repeatedly in the dark'

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its killing me how Space Judge vs Spiderman is being drawn with way less action than 'Spider-man is punched in the head repeatedly in the dark'

Time to get beefy, time to get RRRIIIPT

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

keep it up spidey, clearly ronan using its powers is causing the universal weapon to deflate. little more and he'll be flailing around with an empty, hammer shaped balloon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RRRIIIPT?

The "IT!" that Ronan was looking for was the bathroom and after fighting Peter he can't hold in his farts any more :ohdear:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Synthbuttrange posted:

I love how much more Kirby-esque Ronan is compared to everything else :allears:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is the weirdest Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff spinoff yet.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I love how there is literally no indication Peter webbed him up

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

At this rate he's gonna need Iron Jonah or Clown-9 to intervene on his behalf.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

I love how there is literally no indication Peter webbed him up

the stuff around ronan is the webbing. he seems to have destroyed it with his hammer

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Manatee Cannon posted:

the stuff around ronan is the webbing. he seems to have destroyed it with his hammer

It looks like he destroyed it by lifting his arm lazily.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I assume that's what he's ripping in the panel.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Choco1980 posted:

I assume that's what he's ripping in the panel.

So it wasn't a mighty fart?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I mistook it for cross hatching

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Okay, so as someone who isn't clued up on obscure Marvel villains, hasn't seen GotG, but is a huge Judge Dredd fan (Ronan having been compared to him): what's Ronan's deal again? Dredd doesn't 'accuse' people. Dredd loving judges them on the spot and brings them down. Does Ronan basically go "I accuse you of obstructing me from getting whatever it is I want at this time" and smack them with his hammer Universal Weapon?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah pretty much. He's the Accuser, Judge, Jury and Executioner. Ronan's primary weapon is an Accuser Cosmi-Rod called the "Universal Weapon". At its wielder's will, the device can absorb and fire cosmic energy, manipulate matter, generate force-fields, control gravity, and create "time-motion displacement fields". It also allows for interstellar teleportation, hyperspatial passages and flight.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Payndz posted:

Okay, so as someone who isn't clued up on obscure Marvel villains, hasn't seen GotG, but is a huge Judge Dredd fan (Ronan having been compared to him): what's Ronan's deal again? Dredd doesn't 'accuse' people. Dredd loving judges them on the spot and brings them down. Does Ronan basically go "I accuse you of obstructing me from getting whatever it is I want at this time" and smack them with his hammer Universal Weapon?

Pretty much.

In the main continuity he's been the ruler of the Kree Empire for a while, second only to the Supreme Intelligence which he revived but I think is currently dead again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY loving GOD

HE'S GOING TO BE DEFEATED BY HOSTESS FRUIT CAKES I JUST KNOW IT

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Ronan's To-Do List
[X] Beat up inhabitants of small diner
[X] Kick Spider-Man's rear end
[X] Light brunch
[ ] Walking tour of New Mexico
[ ] Find "it"? (Optional)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY loving GOD

He was hit so hard his shirt changed colors :stare:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ronan is pretty loving baller. They shouldn't have wasted him in GotG when they could've wait a few years to adapt this instead.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I want that panel of Ronan absorbing a hearty breakfast directly into his torso framed on my wall :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh, I see what happened here. Someone told them to make Ronan as Kirby as possible and the artist just drastically misunderstood.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Synthbuttrange posted:

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY loving GOD

Oh my loving god :allears:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

They should just throw all that Renaissance junk away and put Newspaper Spider-Man in museums.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY loving GOD

I like that the last thing Peter does before he passes out is to squeeze out a passive-aggressive line at MJ.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I forgot for a moment that Ronan had that mark on his chin. I though he had his mouth hanging wide open as adsorbed all the food.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I love that all the food stuff is distracting from the grand tradition that is busting through walls rather than use the door.

Made all the more impressive because Ronan actually used door already, multiple times. Like seeing the old couple out before walking right back inside to get back to accusing people.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

They set this whole act in a diner just so they could show Ronan replenishing his energy. :allears:

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 11, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I like how after Pete's outside, Ronan just holds his hammer out the window. "YES, IT WAS I WHO DID THIS."

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ikasuhito posted:

I forgot for a moment that Ronan had that mark on his chin. I though he had his mouth hanging wide open as adsorbed all the food.

That's okay, so did the colourist.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I see what happened here. Someone told them to make Ronan as Kirby as possible and the artist just drastically misunderstood.

Nice

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

This is good and also a video game reference I actually understand, so double good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So nice we did it twice!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

... the sentry? well that's disappointing

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also he names IT

Either it's a Kree Sentry, since they're associated with him. The problem with him asking about it in a diner is that a Sentry robot is about 10 stories tall.

Or its this guy, who is Superman but insane:

Either way still spells bad news for Spidey if he survives his concussion.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Searching for a Kree sentry is literally the thing Ronan first came to earth for back in the very first story he appeared in, where he fought the Fantastic Four.

Giving more weight to the theory that this comic really is still written by Stan Lee!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hope it is a kree sentry after all and also that the perspective pans back to show a massive robot trying to hide itself behind the diner by lying down behind it

the sentry is lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I hope it's the giant robot because that's way funnier of a thing to try to find in a diner, and also the other one sucks.

• Locked thread