Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think it is okay, for Helck and Anne from management not to save the torturer guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

I think it is okay, for Helck and Anne from management not to save the torturer guy.

he'll be like oliver from fire emblem 10 and force himself into the party

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Well this chapter confirmed a lot about what I already guessed Raphaed's reasoning to be. I still have no idea how any of this could possibly lead to a 'New World' or whatever, but I already figured Raphaed was only supporting this scheme because he's accepted there's no other choice. And that he doesn't really hate the demons or anything. Anne was right back in her confrontation with him when she noted he's just too gloomy. If the dude was more optimistic he might be able to think of a plan that doesn't involve the genocide of basically two species.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

new world as in new world organisms, as in wherever they come from, which seems like the source of human heroes as well

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, it is true that humans were way too weak. they couldn't even handle a slight (by demon standards) surge in monsters, and they can't really survive in the demon country. even though the demons are good and cool it doesn't matter if going to visit is a death sentence for non-heroes.

i think a bigger problem is that they are huge jerks, though. the entrenched noble class barely cared that humans were in danger of becoming extinct, and when a rare hero appeared they wasted his life sending him after some random demon. if they had banded together and put all of their resources toward survival that would be one thing, but that isn't really how humans work.

i don't think the dudes in charge who presided over that clusterfuck have much room to talk, though!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

new world as in new world organisms, as in wherever they come from, which seems like the source of human heroes as well

Yeah, I get that there's a connection but I don't see why it's something to work towards or is better than even the pretty sucky human world status quo. Like, new world organisms might be stronger or whatever but they seem more like mindless monsters than the next level of humanity. Becoming one of them seems like a fate not too different from death (though I guess Edil at least seems to have retained some small amount of conscious thought).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think that's what he's saying. pretty sure he meant that it's coming either way and humans have to evolve to keep up

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

graybook posted:

Apparently according to Kirei Cake, "Piwi" will be used going onward due to someone on Batoto determining that that's the proper spelling.

NEW CHAPTER OUT, BY THE WAY

It should really be Pee-wee, tbh.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I think that some big apocalyptic rush of monsters (particularly New World Organisms) is going to happen, the kind of massive onslaught even the demons wouldn't be able to hold up to. I mean, it's right there in the name 'New World Organisms,' they are the standard creatures of what the world is eventually going to turn into. So from the nobility's perspective, the only way to have humanity survive was to turn them into something stronger that could actually survive in the massively hostile place the world is going to become. They're attacking the demons specifically to increase their power, since they'll need to be at least as powerful as the demons in order to achieve their goals

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

piuy or abandon comic

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

And More posted:

It should really be Pee-wee, tbh.

pee-wee's sparkling breakfast machine

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

chumbler posted:

I bet Piuy won't even say hello to him.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Lots of new Omakes. Also, there's some great art along with it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Piuy made friends. :3:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
hi ho buds would you look at the time that it is that the time is now

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they've discovered the lost ruins of capsule corp

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's totally supposed to be a city from the "real world" isn't it.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
"So yeah, this ancient castle that was built thousands of years ago by demons? No big deal, there are EVEN ANCIENTER future city ruins under this enormous castle." We are reaching Blame! levels of room size here.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

new world actually very old world

I hope the explanation for 'why things are' doesnt get convoluted and overwrought

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

All good fantasy settings are required to have an ancient future civilisation.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Megafunk posted:

"So yeah, this ancient castle that was built thousands of years ago by demons? No big deal, there are EVEN ANCIENTER future city ruins under this enormous castle." We are reaching Blame! levels of room size here.

Didn't that fucker encompass like half the solar system or something and was continuously being built by autonomous robots who just continued their task after everybody died, or am I mixing it up with something else

Blame! was so trippy at times that this is plausibly true tho

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shugojin posted:

Didn't that fucker encompass like half the solar system or something and was continuously being built by autonomous robots who just continued their task after everybody died, or am I mixing it up with something else

Blame! was so trippy at times that this is plausibly true tho

IIRC one of the "rooms" was big enough to hold Jupiter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

~foreshadowing~

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Stuff what all Kirei Cake has upped!

e: huh why was that marked as new

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Is it just me, or has just about all conversation completely dried up since Kirei Cake switched to the biweekly normal chapter schedule?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Well, they haven't been stirring our hearts lately. Can Helck and Anne defeat the powerful golems, imbued with a mysterious ability to oh they're all dead. The real questions are, can they save the humans? Can the demons hold out long enough? Is Puii a bird? And none of those questions are being addressed

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The story hasn't really progressed much at all because Kirei Cake has been doing nothing but omake chapters for a long time. We're just now starting to get new stuff.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
Having just reread it, yeah - the reason it feels slow at the moment is because of slow updates, not slow pacing.

It has been precisely 20 chapters since "Lets save the humans", which is a fair chunk, but lots of stuff has happened since then.

TL;DR I beleive in Anne from management.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Helck chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-079-002--Underground-Establishment--002-?id=339354

Yup, Helck's world is post-post-apocalypse.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well

This explains a lot
And makes many more questions

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sounds like the ancients did a little oopsies.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Looks like he failed his perils of the warp roll.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ah, Argent energy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xarbala posted:

Ah, Argent energy.

Helck is doomguy
But nice

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

New Helck every day until we've caught up?? :dance:

But can I truly believe such words. They sound too good to be true.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

SyntheticPolygon posted:

New Helck every day until we've caught up?? :dance:

But can I truly believe such words. They sound too good to be true.

Believe in Kirei Cake, who believes in Anne from Management.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

An orbal elevator??

We've been in Zemuria all along.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Annointed posted:

Looks like he failed his perils of the warp roll.
Literally thought this. Like, totally made me think of the warp, seems all hunky dory and whoops unleashed a chaos god.

And if I had some extra cash I'd donate to kirei cake. If he's telling the truth, I feel for him, I know how that situation is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Messing with other dimensions never ends well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
So I guess the king (the "fallen country's king") is a past ruler of the "ancients", maybe in some kind of robot body or something?

• Locked thread