Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

He at least made neat games though, DSP is just a big rear end in a top hat with no talent or likable qualities, I'd almost like to lie to myself and say it's pity dollars but I know better.

Likable? How was I supposed to know I had to be likeable to get a YouTube audience! This loving sucks, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
rare george wood archival footage

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/paullawrencevann/2008/02/20/george-woods-ceo-avatoy-inc-discusses-casual-gaming-cloris-leachman

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
also george wood is training to become a lucio main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYC19y1mLjs

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
He never turns his heal on

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Suspicious Dish posted:

also george wood is training to become a lucio main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYC19y1mLjs

I like their channel's About Me:

Description
Note to uploader, with IE, select the newest files first. Formerly, last ctrl-selected became first uploaded, so first ctrl-selected appeared as most recent. Therefore, it was recommended to select the oldest files first because though they appeared to upload in the reverse order they displayed in the opposite and chronologically correct order. However, this bug appears to have been corrected.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't quite understand the situation but Pewdiepie is apparently threatening to delete his channel at 50 million subscribers in order to pressure Youtube into changing their guidelines?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-_4Uoo_7Y4&t=478s

EDIT: Oh, I just had a joke go over my head, woops. I think?

HGH fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 5, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I hope it's not a joke, both in that it'd be nice to see someone with actual influence realizing they could do something good rather than happily keep eating the massive company's poo poo, also in that I'd never have to see his stupid rear end thumbnails ever again.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The basic story is that Youtube has some fancy tech in place that just screwed over a lot of big LPers, and PewDiePie is threatening to leave if things don't get fixed (My personal theory is that he's probably got tons of cash in the bank and he's ready to retire or get a different job).

What it amounts to is that YT has a new system/glitch that auto-unsubscribed people from accounts if they didn't visit videos from those accounts every few days. PewDiePie, alongside Markplier, JackSepticEye and some others, lost a fair share of subs as a consequence. Adding in the various false copyright scandals, the WTFU situation from earlier in the year, and the new content guidelines, a lot of people are looking for an alternate video service to Youtube, especially as they're seen as being complacent because of the lack of any real competition (Barring Facebook's potential streaming service).

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015

incoherently, YT seems to have beaten him to the punch on it deleting and terminating channels, that is

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

And part of the reason he thinks YouTube is trying to kill him is because he's white, using his own words, because of course he does.

Bliss Authority fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 6, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Did you even watch the video? That part was clearly sarcasm done to mock crazy conspiracy theories. I hate the guy's content but you'd have to either be daft or willfully obtuse to come out with that conclusion.
Or do you just believe the headlines of any TMZ clickbait tabloid? Good ol' "fake news" made it all the way here I see.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 6, 2016

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah whether you hate or love his content, PDP himself has always come across as a pretty stand up person.

He doesn't seem to have any skeletons outside of the tasteless humor of his early videos that he cut down on after people brought up how offensive rape jokes are.

I'll never watch his stuff but I can't hate a guy who does so much charity work seemingly for the right reasons.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Like he said in the video he would delete the channel and remake it with a new name. I started watching some of his stuff since about a month ago, it's clearly different from what he used to do. Actually funny sometimes, for one. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave some of that early baggage behind in some way.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How quickly would he regain his subs if he did delete and recreate though. If he wants to make a statement he'd delete and just move to a competitor (which I don't think he actually can because what's even the competition and maybe there's some contract stuff going on)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Calaveron posted:

How quickly would he regain his subs if he did delete and recreate though. If he wants to make a statement he'd delete and just move to a competitor (which I don't think he actually can because what's even the competition and maybe there's some contract stuff going on)

Well, he made a second account called jacksepticeye2 a while ago and it got a million subs relatively quickly. It didn't even have videos on it, he just pointed at it and that was it.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

IGgy IGsen posted:

Well, he made a second account called jacksepticeye2 a while ago and it got a million subs relatively quickly. It didn't even have videos on it, he just pointed at it and that was it.

And Youtube sent him a golden play button for it

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Wait, did PewDiePie make an account called jacksepticeye2? Because if so that is really funny.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

JordanKai posted:

Wait, did PewDiePie make an account called jacksepticeye2? Because if so that is really funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2J5qHBDu8

he sure did.

edit: And it got verified, too.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 8, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

tiistai posted:

Like he said in the video he would delete the channel and remake it with a new name. I started watching some of his stuff since about a month ago, it's clearly different from what he used to do. Actually funny sometimes, for one. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave some of that early baggage behind in some way.

He's gotten a lot better lately, and actually he credited the Adults React to PewDiePie video with inspiring him to look at his poor taste humor with a more critical eye.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

He's gotten a lot better lately, and actually he credited the Adults React to PewDiePie video with inspiring him to look at his poor taste humor with a more critical eye.

I mean, yeah, I still don't like his stuff, but at least he's likable now.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Given that he's basically a children's entertainer at this point, I'm just glad he's not like Notch or other people the children of tomorrow look up to and are basically fuckwads

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Isn't that the guy who called Lowtax a oval office that one time?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Looks like it's happening.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
2016 strikes again!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y39LE5ZoKjw

He deleted that 2nd channel that was mentioned a few posts up

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:rolleyes: Well in hindsight I guess it was obvious.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
He probably can't delete his main channel without legal repercussions. Contracts and all that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

He probably can't delete his main channel without legal repercussions. Contracts and all that.

Instead, he exploits loopholes and makes every video private.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I'm both disappointed and glad

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

I mean, yeah, I still don't like his stuff, but at least he's likable now.

Probably fake but I still smiled when I came across it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm only disappointed.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I subscribed specifically so he would see it through. I am not happy about this turn of events.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm sure he'll be taken very seriously by youtube when he does a fakeout like that.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Honestly, I kinda expected it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a shame because he had like the perfect opportunity to make a statement on youtube being lovely to its users, but he only took it halfway. Ah well. Like Mokinokaro said, he probably has contracts from advertisers/channel networks that would prevent him from actually doing it anyway.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
did he say this was about youtube being lovely in his original video?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Suspicious Dish posted:

did he say this was about youtube being lovely in his original video?

Yes, that was the whole premise of the video.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
So I am kind of new at this (and tied, but failed, to see if this subject was mentioned somewhere in this 200+ pages thread)
But switching to more... positive, things
What is the general opinion here on the super best friends/best friend zaibatsu lets plays?
In particular more famous (or infamous) ones like omikron?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

SBF are all right. I enjoy their content every once in a while. I only watch the playthroughs of games I'm interested in, though. So I'm not a super hardcore fan.

They seem to mostly play games they actually care about rather than the flavour of the month for no reason and they finish the majority of their playthroughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
They have their own thread here btw: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585043
It's in the podcasts subforum for reasons.

• Locked thread