Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

"These aren't the Noids you're looking for."

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Fidel Castronaut posted:

it's going to be cool when i can strap on my oculus and drink a big gulp while watching actual live missile strikes like I'm standing on a roof of a nearby building.

need haptic feedback so you can feel the explosion

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

it's going to be cool when i can strap on my oculus and drink a big gulp while watching actual live missile strikes like I'm standing on a roof of a nearby building.

i dont think ill have the attention span to watch it live by then. im just gonna go straight to the songified version with all the good vuts

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Fidel Castronaut posted:

"in times of public danger" is the next eight years.

Hmm has that phrase been explored much? I didn't realize it was even there

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Karl Sharks posted:

lol why are the caps painted like billiards?

Besides that it's a generally obvious thing for a bunch of 60s young men to find cool - The Hustler came out a few years prior - my totally uncorroborated theory is this:

-The USS Sam Rayburn was formally commissioned on December 2nd, 1964
-Goldfinger was released on December 21st, 1964, and was the first time "Bondmania" fully took hold of America - theaters sold out for weeks
-Goldfinger has a billiards table that is also a sweet secret control panel
-Goldfinger specifically references Polaris submarines ("perhaps the Polaris submarine pens at New London...") - the USS Sam Rayburn was stocked with Polaris SLBMs
-The movie is about a nuclear friggin' bomb

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
and sometimes you just need some make work to keep people from doing stupid poo poo

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

and sometimes you just need some make work to keep people from doing stupid poo poo

Well, obviously, but you trick them into liking it by letting them pick the theme - and Goldfinger would have been the hot topic when they first boarded the ship. Fun fact, some years later those caps were repainted to say "B E A T A R M Y" for a nuclear football taunt

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

from a certain pov wasn't this the entire cold war?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
was this linked yet cuz its good

https://twitter.com/jrdnrzk/status/807640554968334338

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This guy has become the symbol of America to the whole world.

Edit: yesterday I went to a bookstore and found a display of "who is Donald Trump?" books. Foreigners need them but Americans don't; we know exactly what he is about by now.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 11, 2016

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

It was always going to end this way, wasn't it?

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Samurai Sanders posted:

He IS America, taken human form.He is all that is great and terrible about us.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FabioClone posted:

yup. he is a mirror.

trump. is. the. best. TRUMP!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ドナルド・
トランプ

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Born rich, didn't get more rich in any meaningful way, said a black guy couldn't possibly be President, ran as the least qualified Presidential candidate in history, won against a woman who was the most qualified Presidential candidate in history.

It's America, distilled.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Edit: yesterday I went to a bookstore and found a display of "who is Donald Trump?" books. Foreigners need them but Americans don't; we know exactly what he is about by now.

huh neat, can you tell us more about the reaction to trump in japan?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Baloogan posted:

huh neat, can you tell us more about the reaction to trump in japan?
People are worried he's going to start a war.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

all american presidents start wars. the question is where

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Prav posted:

all american presidents start wars. the question is where

And the danger with Trump is it could be anywhere. At least with Hill we know it would be Where The Oil's At.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague posted:

And the danger with Trump is it could be anywhere. At least with Hill we know it would be Where The Oil's At.

how many countries do you think trump knows?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Karl Sharks posted:

why haven't you committed suicide then?

i mean why bother living if you will die at some point

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

crazy cloud alt found lol

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

People are worried he's going to start a war.

Are you in Japan? Have you told them that he wants to consider giving them nukes? That seems like a thing that they might be very happy about because who doesn't like nukes? It's Christmas and every kiss begins with kilotons.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Here in Portugal for example Friday morning the biggest radio talk show in the country talked about Donald keeping the executive producer position in the apprentice and the guys just.. Didn't believe it. There was a silence for like 5 seconds in the emission and people were incredulous. And this talk show has like 5 people. People are more scared than anything but I think everyone embraced the fact we can't do poo poo about it so we just have fun until we all die in a huge nuclear winter because you guys were too stupid not to vote on the reality show star.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Are you in Japan? Have you told them that he wants to consider giving them nukes? That seems like a thing that they might be very happy about because who doesn't like nukes? It's Christmas and every kiss begins with kilotons.
Right wingers are interested in that of course but not the other disastrous things that will come with it I think.

edit: there are some on 2ch who say that Donald will save them from the resident Koreans they hate so much. As if he even knew there have been Koreans living in Japan for generations.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 11, 2016

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

how many countries do you think trump knows?

China Russia Mexico and Taiwan

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Right wingers are interested in that of course but not the other disastrous things that will come with it I think.

Akira? Is that what you're hinting at?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

haven't japan been a screw-turn away from nuclear for decades now anyway

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Princess Di posted:

Do you mean this guy?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: there are some on 2ch who say that Donald will save them from the resident Koreans they hate so much. As if he even knew there have been Koreans living in Japan for generations.

"koreans in japan? yeah, we're going to fix that bigly." -Trump, upon meeting a Japanese person asking him about this, immediately followed by him forgetting the interaction completely

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Prav posted:

haven't japan been a screw-turn away from nuclear for decades now anyway
Yeah, but the majority of the population doesn't even want nuclear power in Japan. I doubt there have been any serious polls about who wants nuclear weapons but it can't be more than a crazy few.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, but the majority of the population doesn't even want nuclear power in Japan. I doubt there have been any serious polls about who wants nuclear weapons but it can't be more than a crazy few.

yeah if they wanted nukes they'd already have them

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

*pins string between card labeled ZAPRUDER TAPES and PIZZAGATE on giant conspiracy wall*

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I got a vasectomy on Friday so I say bring on the loving nukes you orange bitch, you can kill me starve me and my family but I'm always a step ahead

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

FabioClone posted:

trump would be the perfect ceremonial monarch for america. he represents all that we are perfectly. too bad our head of state isnt ceremonial.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

trump would be the perfect ceremonial monarch for america. he represents all that we are perfectly. too bad our head of state isnt ceremonial.

imo america should have a separate head of state and head of government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

well that's just your opinion

• Locked thread