Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

For people who feel bad about the crones questline, I just found out that there is an ingame book that says that the spirit in the whispering hillock is the crones' mother. She went too crazy even for them. So if you freed her, she's probably out there killing plenty of people right now.

Written by the crones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I AM BRAWW posted:

Speaking of endings, HoS: I wish Geralt could attempt to save Olgierd (not that I did) but he would just fail. Push the enveloppe that there are things out there that Geralt really has no power over, and there is poo poo way more powerful than him. Beating what is pretty much the Devil felt like a cheap cop out.

:agreed:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Fuzz posted:

Finally upgraded my video card and can now run this thing maxed out on my 5+ year old rig. Started last night, imported my Roche save (long live the tatt) where Henselt is dead, I'm assuming that will have a lot of bearing on the story.

I'm using a DS4 via DS4Windows and it works perfectly except for a couple issues that are only with this game:

- D-Pad always toggles by two steps in every direction, not one.

- The X (Xbox A button) confirmation on a lot of things (board postings, gwent cards) also double clicks and often selects multiple things (whenever I toggle signs/bombs in the quick menu Geralt always rolls on exit, which can be problematic).

- Holding Circle (B equivalent) while on horseback doesn't seem to want to let me dismount, I have to hit E on the keyboard.

I'm unsure of what settings I'd have to gently caress with in DS4Win to fix all of these, but I'm also thinking maybe it's a framerate issue... I have max FPS set to 60 and everything on ultra but I'm still swinging 90+ fps and getting lots of tearing on my trusty old 60Hz monitor (yes, I know. That's the next step) to the point where I actually had to turn on V-Sync because Adaptive wasn't cutting it, but with V-Sync on it's still having the issues which leads me to believe it's a polling rate issue or something with the controller emulation.

Anyone have experience with this and have a suggestion? And no, going out and buying a bone/360 controller isn't an ideal suggestion since I hate both controllers and already have a 360 pad that I'm specifically not using (because it's terrible).

Well, yeah, since ds4windows works by copying all the ds4 inputs to emulated xbox360 inputs, so the computer and as a result the game sees two inputs for every button press. Search for ds4windows double button press, or turn off ds4windows. There must be something special with how this game sees your* ds4 inputs, or your settings got changed.

e: added a word. For me, it works either way. ds4windows on its 360 controller buttons, without is just ps4

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 8, 2016

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

For people who feel bad about the crones questline, I just found out that there is an ingame book that says that the spirit in the whispering hillock is the crones' mother. She went too crazy even for them. So if you freed her, she's probably out there killing plenty of people right now.

It occurred to me after I let her go, I thought at least she honored the deal by rescuing the orphans, then I thought "well... she took the orphans, and now I don't know where they are". I think maybe the orphans are hosed either way, and at least the Crones get killed as part of the main quest, so probably best to kill the forest spirit while you can.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I tend to meta game & save everything, good or bad. That way I dont miss out on any future cameos!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

2house2fly posted:

It occurred to me after I let her go, I thought at least she honored the deal by rescuing the orphans, then I thought "well... she took the orphans, and now I don't know where they are". I think maybe the orphans are hosed either way, and at least the Crones get killed as part of the main quest, so probably best to kill the forest spirit while you can.

Perhaps there are other orphanages somewhere maybe? Worth a look if you come across one.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

2house2fly posted:

Helith posted:

Perhaps there are other orphanages somewhere maybe? Worth a look if you come across one.

Full spoiler: They end up in the schoolhouse/orphanage in the Novigrad slums. You can find a note there explaining their arrival

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Well, yeah, since ds4windows works by copying all the ds4 inputs to emulated xbox360 inputs, so the computer and as a result the game sees two inputs for every button press. Search for ds4windows double button press, or turn off ds4windows. There must be something special with how this game sees your* ds4 inputs, or your settings got changed.

e: added a word. For me, it works either way. ds4windows on its 360 controller buttons, without is just ps4

Didn't even know the game had built in DS4 support, had never seen that before. Turned off DS4Win last night after reading about it on the Steam forums and everything works perfectly, good call!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Jesus, started up a new game and thought it'd be fun to have a go at killing the Bovine Defence Force Initiative at level 1. I did it, but gently caress me, it's infinitely spawning. I can't talk to Vesemir to continue the Griffin killing quest, because now we're both stuck farming Chorts.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Jesus, started up a new game and thought it'd be fun to have a go at killing the Bovine Defence Force Initiative at level 1. I did it, but gently caress me, it's infinitely spawning. I can't talk to Vesemir to continue the Griffin killing quest, because now we're both stuck farming Chorts.
That seems....a little extreme.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Fuzz posted:

Didn't even know the game had built in DS4 support, had never seen that before. Turned off DS4Win last night after reading about it on the Steam forums and everything works perfectly, good call!

Yeah, there are a ton of games getting it these days. It seems like over half the new games i get have ds4 support, barring games fully for mouse and keyboard. More often than not now i just leave it turned off, with the exception of the computer i control via controller companion.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Isn't there a trophy for killing X number of cows?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Hobo Clown posted:

Yep. It's called Moo-derer.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Hobo Clown posted:

Yeah, but the cows don't respawn any more. Just the Chorts. The endless Chorts.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm playing on death march with level scaling and the camera pulled way in behind the shoulder, and gently caress wraiths. There's a POI with six of those bastards at once, and it took me like a dozen attempts.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Very Important Info For Those Who Might Not Know:

Witcher 3 and DLC soundtracks are available on Spotify. I was just hearing "Hearts of Stone" and holy poo poo it is so good :five:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
If i make Grandmaster wolven/Ursine/Manticore and throw that rune enchant that makes armor light, I will receive the perks from the Cat School Technique ability?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yes

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is Witcher 3 still goddamn unplayable with freezes every 20-50 minutes for NVIDIA GTX graphics laptops? Has CDPR fixed this yet?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Grouchio posted:

Is Witcher 3 still goddamn unplayable with freezes every 20-50 minutes for NVIDIA GTX graphics laptops? Has CDPR fixed this yet?

I don't know about laptops specifically, but the freezes they were getting with Nvidia cards at launch have been fixed for desktops.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 10, 2016

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't know about laptops specifically, but the freezes they were getting with Nvidia cards at launch have been fixed for desktops.
When did they fix that? I haven't played Witcher 3 since the summer.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Grouchio posted:

When did they fix that? I haven't played Witcher 3 since the summer.

Yeah probably before that.

I remember one of the fixes at the time was also to be in fullscreen rather than borderless and to make sure the card isn't switching into power saving mode through the Nvidia control panel.

shinyshinx
Nov 15, 2012

chomp

Transmetropolitan posted:

Very Important Info For Those Who Might Not Know:

Witcher 3 and DLC soundtracks are available on Spotify. I was just hearing "Hearts of Stone" and holy poo poo it is so good :five:

If you bought the game off of Steam, the soundtrack for the main game and all the DLCs are included in your Steam folder! For the main game OST it only has 35 of the 56 tracks I see on iTunes though.

The file path should be Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3 (or just right click the game in your Steam library to find the files)
There's also lots of other nice goodies in there like wallpapers, comics, and an artbook.

Whenever I hear the wedding party music I can't help but grin cuz the scene with Geralt and Shani dancing are so fun :3:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hehe Dudu

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

what a game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

shoulda been a screenshot of him smiling at the camera. A cheesy moment but by god they earned it

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

SirSamVimes posted:

shoulda been a screenshot of him naked on a horse. A cheesy moment but by god they earned it

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
https://gfycat.com/DefiantSpiritedGermanwirehairedpointer

:heysexy:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Grouchio posted:

I have had no dramas and I am playing on a laptop with a GTX 980.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

What conversation is that?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Are there any good must have mods, anyway? I've been playing around with ReShade a little but my rig is just barely able to maintain a consistent 60fps with everything on, so I'm pretty lined in what I can do.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

SirSamVimes posted:

shoulda been a screenshot of him smiling at the camera. A cheesy moment but by god they earned it

Agreed, I took this like an hour ago: https://puu.sh/sLGNX/efc469d9b8.jpg

Before finishing I loaded up on the coolest looking grandmaster witcher gear and equipped the cool high level swords from Candyland, on the assumption that your equipment carries over to NG+. I'll give it a few months to let my memories of the cool bits wash away the huge laundry list of things I didn't like and then probably start over. Unless I get a new PC any time soon; it's a good enough game that I'd buy it again to start from scratch on the platform it was designed for, but not good enough that I see myself playing through it three times.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
what am i suppose to do with my life now that i am finished the video game..

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I AM BRAWW posted:

what am i suppose to do with my life now that i am finished the video game..

Newgame+

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I mean, aren't you curious to see what would happen if you made different choices

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

headbutt a wall until you forget about witcher 3 and can play it again

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

I mean, aren't you curious to see what would happen if you made different choices

I feel like the odd one out saying that I enjoy a story-driven game once, and stick to my choices/decisions and the outcomes of such.. I mean for bigger stuff such as the Baron I did go read the other outcomes. It'd feel weird replaying the same thing but going against my own decisions, in a way.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Xander77 posted:

What conversation is that?

It's when Eskel asks you if you want to race back to Kaer Morhen, after defeating the wyvern. If you say no Eskel calls you a stick in the mud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

SirSamVimes posted:

This is the truth. I almost skipped Wild At Heart because the notice just said "find my missing wife" and I thought it would be boring. I'm so glad I didn't skip it.

Did I miss something? Seemed like a pretty boring/typical little quest.