Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

“It’s fun, man, because it’s entertainment,” Durant said. “And I appreciate them letting us give them that opportunity, that experience.

“So if you want to heckle or if you want to cheer, as long as you’re getting a release from whatever is going on in your normal life, that’s cool

Passive aggressiveness not seen since game 7 of the WCF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Was Durant always such a whiny bitch?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He should give in and just say he supports Trump and hates mexicans

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"My name is Kevin Durant. My next chapter is supporting the dismantling of Net Neutrality"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"I'm going to go back to the Peak and face what I have coming to me. It's a decision I made and stand by it. I'm not going to run away like that coward Edward Snowden."

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 11, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"I love being a dub. The ball movement, the sharing, the unselfishness, the all-for-one attitude. We are brothers and we share in everything. But it's important to remember, this is just basketball and not economics. Bernie just doesn't understand that in business you can't pass up a long two to get some other business a better shot"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

"Coach Watson was too polite. I agree with Joe Arpaio; execute all pot smokers."

-Kevin Durant

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Kevin Durant: Actually, I think women make too much money

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"Look man, basketball is a competitive sport. You do anything to win. I knew that Pat Riley had a camera in our locker-room during the Finals. Pop routinely would have Ime Udoka hide in our air ducts. So if the government wants to listen in our the poo poo I say on the phone or read those texts I totally still send to Westbrook, well that ain't nothing new to me I don't see what the big deal is"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

"I will be wearing the Curry VIs starting next year."

-Kevin Durant

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"I don't understand, one terabyte is a ton of stuff. What could you possibly do that requires more than that. These data caps sound more than fair to me."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"Grab them by the pussy"

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I was really looking forward to that game. Ouch. At least the Grizzlies are cool and good. And what did Durant say this time to upset people? I need to keep up with these things.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"Wait, some guy gets diagnosed with a disease or something and the NBA just lets him get drafted? How is that fair man, I worked my way up here."

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"Bret screwed Bret"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

I was really looking forward to that game. Ouch. At least the Grizzlies are cool and good. And what did Durant say this time to upset people? I need to keep up with these things.

He didn't say anything too bad; just a little post-loss hand waving. We're just riffing.

"I pull the plug on my Xbox if I'm playing NBA 2K and losing in the 4th quarter."

-Kevin Durant

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

Chris Paul just got a 20-20 with no turnovers

That might be a first.

IcePhoenix posted:

First player ever to 27k/7k/7k

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/807749687944089602/photo/1

AggressivelyStupid posted:

31st time in his career LeBron was a single rebound or assist shy of a triple double.

Coasted his way to 44/9/10

Thirteen more in the playoffs too. You'd think he'd be a quadruple-double threat but he just doesn't care about blocks. Over 1200 games and he has three games with five blocks.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"Kris Allen deserved to win American Idol"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Has Kibner posted recently?

https://twitter.com/perkinsfor3/status/807604185877409792

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"Sometimes moving leads to better things. This is something I know about. I don't understand all the concern, I think the move means good things for Great British Bake-Off, I think they'll have their strongest season yet."

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Zogo posted:

Thirteen more in the playoffs too. You'd think he'd be a quadruple-double threat but he just doesn't care about blocks. Over 1200 games and he has three games with five blocks.

Ironic since a block is probably going to end up being the most iconic play of his entire career.

Also I think he cares very much about blocks, it's just that he saves them for when it will maximize embarrassment to the opposing player. I love it when he baits people like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0-l1M_870

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tae posted:

"Grab them by the pussy"

Isn't this what the Warriors did when they signed Durant

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"Best part of the movie was when we found out his mom's name was Martha too. I was like, daaaamn that's right"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't even know who or what Troy Williams is and he's starting at the 3 apparently.

I'm really excited to watch the rerun of this game tommorow. Troy Williams was a not very savvy but very long and explosive athlete for the university of Indiana, was undrafted.

I hope the Grizzlies sweep the Warriors in the playoffs with all undrafted players

Noctone posted:

Ironic since a block is probably going to end up being the most iconic play of his entire career.

Also I think he cares very much about blocks, it's just that he saves them for when it will maximize embarrassment to the opposing player. I love it when he baits people like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0-l1M_870

Something I've noticed is that basketball smart atheltic players save the jumps for when they need them, basketball stupid ones just jump everywhere all the time, like a young Gerald Green or Javale Magee

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 11, 2016

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

That's called a Grizz Oop

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm really excited to watch the rerun of this game tommorow. Troy Williams was a not very savvy but very long and explosive athlete for the university of Indiana, was undrafted.

I hope the Grizzlies sweep the Warriors in the playoffs with all undrafted players

Something I've noticed is that basketball smart atheltic players save the jumps for when they need them, basketball stupid ones just jump everywhere all the time, like a young Gerald Green or Javale Magee

Wow I watch Big Ten basketball and can't even recall him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

31st time in his career LeBron was a single rebound or assist shy of a triple double.

Coasted his way to 44/9/10

It angers me he doesn't get MVP chat but I guess I understand.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

Chris Paul just got a 20-20 with no turnovers

And he's negotiating the Cba

Busy man

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Henchman of Santa posted:

Wow I watch Big Ten basketball and can't even recall him.

We just keep finding those cubic zirconia in the rough

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Niwrad posted:

Towards the media yes

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Niwrad posted:

Yes

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
NBA 2K21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbE2IxQgeOc

The graphics could be better.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

"I pull the plug on my Xbox if I'm playing NBA 2K and losing in the 4th quarter."

-Kevin Durant

What he did was basically the real life version of this lmao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

Towards the media yes

Kinda, at the beginning he was all "aw shucks" innocence and the media ate it all up. He was a complete golden boy for a while. You can pinpoint when that changed cuz there was some article about him not being the nice guy anymore and he started acting tough like Russ (only not nearly as incisive) to the media and saying really stupid things about how yall don't understand him

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Russ just seems tired of the media saying dumb things, Bitchmade Kevin Durant seem like a baby.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I would like to put this out here: if we have any talented artists I would very much want to see a commission of Westbrook as Guts, Durant as Griffith, Curry as Void, Klay as Ubik, Draymond as Conrad, and Iggy as Slan during the Eclipse. If you could do this or point me in the direction of someone that could I would appreciate it. Thank you

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Russ just seems tired of the media saying dumb things, Bitchmade Kevin Durant seem like a baby.

Yeah I may have worded it poorly, I meant that he just tried to emulate Russ's confrontational style with dubious results

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I like to imagine that Richard Jefferson taped his cell phone to his forehead for this lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Passive aggressiveness not seen since game 7 of the WCF

I don't see what is passive aggressive about the statement, "I don't mind hecklers, this is just entertainment."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.
If anything, Durant's quote is the correct and not bitchy version of when LeBron called his detractors loser virgins a few years back. This does not in any way excuse KD's terrible political opinions of course.

• Locked thread