Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I for one am done fighting the inevitable; full totalitarianism now.

EDballsIT: :69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Lol Reagan. Neoliberalism has been such a disaster.

Serf posted:

120k is like twice the average American income lol

It's actually four times the amount.50% of Americans make less than 30k.

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 10:30 on Dec 11, 2016

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

ScrubLeague posted:

Running a national media program is a job that probably demands a lot more than $120k. I'm certain Kellyanne made more than that in her 3 months with Trump.

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/807075740751691776

this is leaving out pac money her firm made during the campaign season as well, which was a couple million dollars

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Yeah, but she, like, won the election 'n stuff.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

obama in 2008 got 69 million votes. i wonder if anyone will ever do that again

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

blamegame posted:

obama in 2008 got 69 million votes. i wonder if anyone will ever do that again

nice

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I mean concerned citizen isn't even wrong really. Normally bigger fuckups are getting paid bigger paychecks. Crashing the world economy as a CEO pays millions, and that is a full-time position rather than seasonal. Like if you put in the comparative earning vs. incompetence, you are getting MUCH higher dividends in the banking world still. I mean poo poo, Mook's salary isn't even in the range of a regional chemical company that has been dumping poison in the river until nothing can survive in the waters. $120k is just barely at the fuckup level of a multiple mcdonalds franchise owner who has employees mow his lawn in exchange for not cutting their hours at work.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

also its pretty trumpian to be like 'ok you did a poo poo job so i'm not paying what we agreed' just in regards to the 'wow thats a lot of money for a loser.'

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

i do wonder why concerned citzen thinks obama's 2008 campaign was bad though. everything i've read says it was like legendary and basically the best ever?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

salary chat: how much is rent at your place? e: this is a q to all

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
My mortgage + escrow is $870 a month.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Concerned Citizen posted:

and i think if you're going to blame anyone for that, it's probably elan kriegel, the head of hfa analytics.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I love how the blame for losing the most winnable election is ever shifting. It's Bennenson. No, it's Kriegel. No, actually it's he fact that she just had NO TIME to get a good crew. It's actually the media ad buyers. It was Comey and Putin! It was the guys from the '08 Obama campaign that were the real fools! :abuela: ran a well-oiled machine :downs:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

This makes more sense if you believe CC is Mook white knighting hfa

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

blamegame posted:

i do wonder why concerned citzen thinks obama's 2008 campaign was bad though. everything i've read says it was like legendary and basically the best ever?

Probably the best laugh is how in term of popular vote share Abuela underperformed Obama's win even in the popular vote and she also managed to lose lots of safe blue states such as Wisconsin.

She also almost lost Minnesota and VA despite giving TPP loving step dad her VP pick.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ScrubLeague posted:

Sup affordable home buddy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

blamegame posted:

Not to mention he didn't make blunders like not realizing GOTV should be focused on converting people such as independent voters.

etalian has issued a correction as of 15:33 on Dec 11, 2016

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

blamegame posted:

I guess if you really want to look for problems, you could bring up that Obama's campaign model was custom molded to work really well with a candidate like Obama himself, who is let's face it one of the best if not the best campaigners of his generation, and as such won't work as well with the next Democrat coming down the road that isn't him. Not that that has much if any bearing on Hillary's campaign, since by all accounts they decided to ignore what made his two victories so decisive and just 2008-harder this time, with the few changes they made to her previous failed run being mostly bad, mistaken ones.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/807707528037593088

Lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I guess if you really want to look for problems, you could bring up that Obama's campaign model was custom molded to work really well with a candidate like Obama himself, who is let's face it one of the best if not the best campaigners of his generation, and as such won't work as well with the next Democrat coming down the road that isn't him. Not that that has much if any bearing on Hillary's campaign, since by all accounts they decided to ignore what made his two victories so decisive and just 2008-harder this time, with the few changes they made to her previous failed run being mostly bad, mistaken ones.

Hillary's campaign vision was basically a sad knockoff of Obama's, with a clueless uncharismatic policy wonk leader at the top.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Any good campaign should be custom molded to work well with the candidate the campaign is being run for, that is kind of an integral part of what makes a campaign good

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 15:51 on Dec 11, 2016

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I miss Sanders, too.

Edit: You fixed it.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

tower time posted:

I mean concerned citizen isn't even wrong really. Normally bigger fuckups are getting paid bigger paychecks. Crashing the world economy as a CEO pays millions, and that is a full-time position rather than seasonal. Like if you put in the comparative earning vs. incompetence, you are getting MUCH higher dividends in the banking world still. I mean poo poo, Mook's salary isn't even in the range of a regional chemical company that has been dumping poison in the river until nothing can survive in the waters. $120k is just barely at the fuckup level of a multiple mcdonalds franchise owner who has employees mow his lawn in exchange for not cutting their hours at work.

And just look at one Donald Jefferson Trump, the biggest fuckup of all time, hosed up all the way to the presidency, now gonna loot the us treasury as a reward for loving up nonstop for the last 18 months

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Accretionist posted:

I miss Sanders, too.

Edit: You fixed it.

;)

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

https://mobile.twitter.com/amsmadwoman/status/807636172230922241

Lol x2

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

what the hell is the wwcvoter the Fulchrums are complaining about now

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

etalian posted:

Hillary's campaign vision was basically a sad knockoff of Obama's, with a clueless uncharismatic policy wonk leader at the top.

And a childishly stupid slogan. I'm with her, love trump's hate, etc.

Hell, she probably would have done better if they just lifted Obama's "hope and change" rhetoric for her campaign.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I hate that all the people in the Clinton camp will not learn any lessons because they are too busy blaming comey and the Russians for her loss and ignoring the entire preceding train wreck.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I hate that all the people in the Clinton camp will not learn any lessons because they are too busy blaming comey and the Russians for her loss and ignoring the entire preceding train wreck.

Not surprising given the information bubble type leadership she prefers.

Can't wait until someone writes a tell all book on her failed general election campaign and all the things which went wrong.

For all his various flaws Trump was actually able to flip blue states with his rallies and more in tune messaging.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ScrubLeague posted:

nice. I pay twice this for a 1br on the outskirts of Boston. our housing is egregiously hosed :( at least we're starting to push for more affordable housing, tho ill believe it when I see it

GlyphGryph posted:

what the hell is the wwcvoter the Fulchrums are complaining about now

that's a typo, they're taking about fans of WCW

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Pollyanna posted:

salary chat: how much is rent at your place? e: this is a q to all

I live in a home in rural TN with 2 other dudes that is 900/month mortgage that I pay 1/3 of.

Super cheap housing but one of the guys is a hoarder and I'm currently looking to find another place but most rent near the city is $800-900/month. :(

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

The Hillfolk remind if an egotistic neophyte programmer who insists their algorithm deserves a perfect test score because its well formatted and compiles and runs in o of n time and you telk them no, actually, I am going to fail you because it is a lovely algorithm because the assignment was to write a program that adds two numbers and your algorithm always just outputs five.

and then instead of realizing that they were wrong they start arguing that no it really is good because if you add any two single digit numbers togrther five is the most likely outcome

and you cant do anything but stare and wonder how someone so stupid got this far in life

a campaign is good if it does what you need it to do. hillarys campaign was poo poo

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

blamegame posted:

because they won, so everyone thinks they're legendary i mean the messaging and candidate were obviously spectacular and i think axelrod is the best in the business. but then you have decisions like "let's fill montana with field staffers," a total failure to put together a coordinated programs, issues getting payroll together in time to pay people, etc. the kind of stuff you'd expect from a slapdash program thrown together by people who didn't really think they were going to win.

GlyphGryph posted:

a campaign is good if it does what you need it to do. hillarys campaign was poo poo

i mean i get what you're saying here but in essence saying "they were bad because they lost" is useless. i mean, i suspect on some level we're talking about different things. hillary for america - the organization that exists to elect hillary clinton, separate from the candidate herself - largely hired good people and adhered to best practices in every department. it wasn't perfect by any mean, but it worked pretty well for what it was. hfa's senior staff also made a series of small strategic errors that happened to combine into one greater problem once the race became close. i think it's fair to question whether the best practices hfa adhered to as an industry standard should not be questioned, and i suspect that will be something consultants will be talking about for the next couple of years.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Dec 11, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
more like camplame

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

nice. I pay twice this for a 1br on the outskirts of Boston. our housing is egregiously hosed :( at least we're starting to push for more affordable housing, tho ill believe it when I see it

that's a typo, they're taking about fans of WCW

WCW as in... wrestling? what is wrong with wrestling?

i am paying 2k a month rent for a 3bedroom, not including utilities

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

because they won, so everyone thinks they're legendary i mean the messaging and candidate were obviously spectacular and i think axelrod is the best in the business. but then you have decisions like "let's fill montana with field staffers," a total failure to put together a coordinated programs, issues getting payroll together in time to pay people, etc. the kind of stuff you'd expect from a slapdash program thrown together by people who didn't really think they were going to win.

He won both elections in landslides and Obama actually understood the human parts of campaigning.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

so if the only thing the obama campaign got right was messaging and he won twice in a big way, and hillary campaign got everything else right but stumbled on messaging and lost in a big way multiple times to "inferior" campaigns that managed to do really good messaging, one would begin to take that as an indicator of what things are actually most important in a campaign for a campaign to be considered good

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

WWC = White Working Class. People doubling down on the "gently caress the poor" message, basically.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

These sound like minor problems compared to the poo poo show of the Clinton campaign.

You have such a clear pro-Hillary-campaign bias it's hilarious. Obamas campaign was way better than yours. And it's patently clear you don't want to admit it because of your hosed up sense of honor or whatever. :sad:

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica
The margins in PA, MI, and WI were so thin that you could blame almost literally anyone for Hillary's loss and be correct. Macedonian teenagers, Wolf Blitzer, Caitlyn Jenner, Jimmy Fallon, Anthony Weiner, Colin Kaepernick, a butterfly flapping its wings in Tokyo... if any of these people had behaved in a different way it probably could have changed the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

These sound like minor problems compared to the poo poo show of the Clinton campaign.

You have such a clear pro-Hillary-campaign bias it's hilarious. Obamas campaign was way better than yours. And it's patently clear you don't want to admit it because of your hosed up sense of honor or whatever. :sad:

it's funny because i briefly worked for hfa and i quit before primary, partially because i hated almost every employee i worked and found it an obscenely annoying place to work at. i worked on obama's campaign and enjoyed it a lot. i really do not have a pro-hillary campaign bias. i have a hundred criticisms i could lodge against hfa, as i have done so in this thread repeatedly. but i also found it to be one of the smoothest and most professional operations i have ever seen, except for obama '12.

• Locked thread