Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I cannot wait to see what grumpy Wet Maverick looks like when he has to capture and ride around on a space bunny.

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

It's really weird how they have Raimi sit out the dungeon/plot twice in a row, it might have been okay if Edge being regretful removed him from the party for a while, but here you barely have time to catch Raimi up level wise before she's removed again. It's almost like they had different teams do the writing and they didn't communicate.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:
Episode 44: Everyone is So Sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14uCX_hXsc0

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
Collecting children is making this anime awfulness better, by making it more anime? That's mad scientist logic, guys. If this keeps up, you're gonna start an episode and open the menu to reveal that you've renamed every character to KEVIN.

Jeedy Jay fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 5, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
"Anime as created by aliens" describes this game pretty well.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I have to admit that sometimes Meowmix and Limb's comic relief moments are pretty good. In small doses.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So whats the over/under that by the end of the game she'll learn to believe in her self and in a crucial moment learn to fly, if only in cutscenes?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's a solid bet for final act. Whether it will be final dungeon or before that though... I'd say penultimate? Depends if the character ever matters.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As I said I've grown fond of Limb, but I will never stop thinking of MeowMix as a terrible character. Limb's vocal tic at least has a equivalent in U.S. english (some people really do talk like Mr. Garrison) so I can live with it, but the whole "Nyan"/"Meow" thing just does not translate culturally and me cringe every time she says it. Also, the trope we were all fearing Limb would be playing off of never really came to be, and if you know nothing about the horrors of Anime doesn't even register initially. MeowMix's outfit puts it in your face every time she is on the screen; and you don't need to know a thing about Anime Tropes to understand what kid-in-bondage-gear is trying to convey.

Chuu fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 6, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I can tolerate Limb by just imaging that she talks like that because she's baked out of her gourd.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I can only comprehend Meracle's outfit as being actually flesh-colored fabric and not what it looks like. Not that it makes it any better, but at least it doesn't look painful. I think it could have been interesting if she was actually a fully-grown adult but got treated like a child due to her size, but I knew that was never going to happen.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I broke my plausible mishearing renaming policy (Hedge, Rainy, Face, Buckets) to call Meracle "Dumbass" and it was the gift that kept on giving. Suddenly everyone was as contemptuous of her as all the terrible decisions involved in her design warranted.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 45: TCLF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTK4eSW1Sio

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

First I thought the Church of "Sydonai" in the continent of "Astralia" would be the dumbest thing in the video, but that ending really took the prize.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Lias Warren and the king of Astral were both fairly important NPCs in SO1; both had plot items they eventually gave you and Lias was the father of one of your possible party members. The king looks almost exactly the same as he does in SO1, though Lias is 36 years less bishounen and missing an eye:
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/King_of_Astral?file=AstralKing_FD.png
http://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Lias_Warren?file=Lias_FD.png

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I like how Edge keeps ruining everything.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
He's so emotional and sensitive about things I've always thought it was part of the joke, that it was his thing, his gag. Limb totally took a deep long hit of salvia and never escaped, she shows all the symptoms she recovered enough to be aware of other people's existence but still deep within the haze.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I too enjoy a nice sporting romp through a Colosseum one town over after successfully robbing a king's castle.

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
This game is going downhill faster than I thought was possible.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
So the Archfiend is Sauron returning to Middle Earth and hiding out in Mirkwood right?

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Wow. That coliseum entrance bit was the clunkiest thing I've seen in a JRPG in a long time. A little weird that the king isn't allowed to have a name, too. Definitely interesting seeing what's happening to SO4 now that it's veered off the rails.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

ultrabindu posted:

So the Archfiend is Sauron returning to Middle Earth and hiding out in Mirkwood right?

It could just be a man who arbitrarally turns into a robot.

Or an ancient group of deadly super cyborgs

Or the Admin team of the universal MMO.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 46: Seeds of Hope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84a6HPGdS8

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think you guys have developed jrpg Stockholm Syndrome also what the gently caress

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Bacchus becomes Robert by the end of the game:

*Stiltedly throwing chips into his mouth*
"Oh suree... eeeverybody loves Maverick..."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well, uh, at least there is an explanation for Wet becoming a chess genius in a matter of minutes?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Sindai posted:

Well, uh, at least there is an explanation for Wet becoming a chess genius in a matter of minutes?

And yet he really sucked at adapting to the destruction of an entire planet, unlike SamRaimi.

Tv's Crowe has probably destroyed three planets by now, without a passing thought for any of them.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Anoia posted:

And yet he really sucked at adapting to the destruction of an entire planet, unlike SamRaimi.

Tv's Crowe has probably destroyed three planets by now, without a passing thought for any of them.

Still not as many as Mike, the poor dope.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This game has some really bad background music. Especially during the "dramatic" cutscenes.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Yes yes yesssss!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you could just tweak it so the planet in the background is exploding...

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
Prediction Razzies

We have had a bit of a crisis and put the controller down early last night. The game made us hate everything, especially ourselves.

Today, however, I feel good. I am sending my good friend wateyad messages of encouragement and support.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I was going to say that pic is too big, but then I realized the message of the power of friendship and horrible character name puns could not be contained in a normal image size.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
Prediction Razzies

I'm glad you understand... it was what you said and not that image size is hard to gauge on an iPad

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

is this you, Porklift?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There really needed to be a hand slammed down on a table for the "THEN SO WILL WE"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This is really inspirational. That "THEN SO WILL WE! Sounds like it's from every 90s sports movie.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I love the adventures of Pork Limb and Wetayad Maverick. They are much better than the videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I feel kinda bad for Wallpaper. He was gonna do something plot relevant just now and save his friend, but then Wet decided to finally have that character development he was saving up. All well, maybe he'll end up marrying that bunny ranch girl and have a nice life by the end of all this.

• Locked thread