Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I guess Chiyuri Kitakatashirashitauenakatakaharakawa should be in there somewhere too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
So obviously this requires TRUST but this was all off the top of my head 100% I swear
There's also some missing bits because I do admit I don't remember every stage theme, and I think there's a lot of songs here that are only like half the title.

6. Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil
Stage 1.) A Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry / Apparitions Stalk the Night - Rumia
Stage 2.) Lunate Elf / Tomboyish Girl in Love - Cirno (Daiyousei/Great Fairy appears here too)
Stage 3.) Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea / Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 - Hong Meiling
Stage 4.) Voile the Magic Library / Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room - Patchouli Knowledge (Koakuma/Little Devil appears here too)
Stage 5.) ??? / Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial - Sakuya Izayoi
Stage 6.) Young Descendant of Tepes / Septette for the Dead Princess - Remilia Scarlet
Ex Stage.) Millenial Festival for Magical Girls / U.N. Owen was Her? - Flandre Scarlet

7. Perfect Cherry Blossom
Stage 1.) Deep Mountain / Crystallized Silver - Letty Whiterock
Stage 2.) The Fantastic Legend of Tohno / Diao Ye Zong (??) - Chen Yakumo
Stage 3.) The Dollmaker of Bucharest / Doll Judgment ~ The Girl Who Played with People's Shapes - Alice Margatroid
Stage 4.) The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky / Phantom Ensemble - Prismriver Sisters (Lunasa, Merlin, & Lyrica)
Stage 5.) Ancient Temple / (Something) Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Til When? - Youmu Konpaku
Stage 6. )Ultimate Truth / Bloom Nobly, Pure-Black Cherry Blossoms ~ Border of Life / Border of Life - Yuyuko Saigyouji
Ex Stage.) Charming Domination / Necro-Fantasy - Ran Yakumo
Phantasm Stage.) Charming Domination ~ Who Done It? / Necrofantasia - Yukari Yakumo

7.5. Immaterial and Missing Power
Final Stage.) Broken Moon / Oni's Island in the Fairyland ~ Missing Power - Suika Ibuki

8. Imperishable Night
Stage 1.) Illusionary Night ~ Ghostly Eyes / Mooned Insect - Wriggle Nightbug
Stage 2.) Night Bird / Deaf to all but the Song - Mystia Lorelei
Stage 3.) Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World / Plain Asia - Keine Kamishirasawa
Stage 4.) ??? (It's like the Title Theme) / Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle / Love-Colored Master Spark - Reimu Hakurei or Marisa Kirisame
Stage 5.) Cinderella Cage ~ Kagome, Kagome / Lunatic Eyes - Reisen Udongein Inaba (Also Tei Inaba is here)
Stage 6.) Voyage 1969 / History of the Moon / Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess / Voyage 1970 - Eirin Yagokoro or Kaguya Houraisan
Ex Stage.) Extend Ash ~ Hourai Person (Or the other way around??) / Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke - Fujiwara no Mokou

9. Phantasmagoria of Flower View
Stage n.) Lord Usa's Elemental Flag - Tei Inaba
Stage n.) Poison Body ~ Forsaken Doll - Medicine Melancholy
Stage n.) Wind God Girl - Aya Shameimaru
Stage n.) Gensokyo, Past and Present - Yuka Kazami
Stage n.) Higan Retour ~ Riverside View - Komachi Onozuka
Final Stage.) Eastern Judgment in the 60th Year ~ Fate of 60 Years - Eiki Shiki, Yamaxanadu

10. Mountain of Faith
Stage 1.) ??? / Because Princess Inada is Scolding Me - Minoriko Aki (Also Shizuha Aki is here)
Stage 2.) Road of the Apotropaic (sic) God ~ Dark Road / Dark Side of Fate- Hina Kagiyama
Stage 3.) The Gensokyo the Gods Loved / The Kappa of (Something Something) ~ Candid Friend - Nitori Kawashiro
Stage 4.) Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall / Wind God Girl (Again) - Aya Shameimaru (Also Momiji Inubashiri is here)
Stage 5.) ??? / Faith is for the Transient People - Sanae Kochiya
Stage 6.) ??? / The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field - Kanako Yasaka
Ex Stage.) Tomorrow will be Special, Yesterday was Not / Native Faith - Suwako Moriya

10.5. Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
Stage n.) (Something??) ~ Legendary Fish - Iku Nagae
Final Stage.) Flawless Clothing of the Celestials / Catastrophe in Bhava-Agra ~ Wonderful Heaven / Bhava-Agra as seen Through a Child's Mind - Tenshi Hinanai

11. Subterranean Animism
Stage 1.) The Dark Blowhole / The Sealed-Away Youkai ~ Lost Place - Yamame Kurodani
Stage 2.) The Bridge People no Longer Cross / Green-Eyed Jealousy - Parsee Mizuhashi
Stage 3.) Walking the Streets of a Former Hell / A Flower-Studded Dish on Mt. Ooe - Yugi Hoshiguma
Stage 4.) Heartfelt Fancy / Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye - Satori Komeiji
Stage 5.) Lullaby of a Deserted Hell / Corpse Voyage ~ Be of Good Cheer!! - Rin Kaenbyou
Stage 6.) Hellfire Mantle / Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - Utsuho Reiuji
Ex Stage.) Last Remote / Hartmann's Youkai Girl - Koichi Komeiji

12. Undefined Fantastic Object
Stage 1.) At the End of Spring / A Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander - Nazrin
Stage 2.) The Sealed Cloud Route / Beware the Umbrella Left There Forever - Kogasa Tatara
Stage 3.) Sky Ruin / The Stylish Young Girl and the Traditional Old Man - Ichirin Kumoi & Unzan
Stage 4.) ??? / Captain Murasa - Minamitsu Murasa
Stage 5.) Rural City Makai Esoterica / The Tiger-Patterned Vaisravana - Shou Toramaru
Stage 6.) Fires of Hokkai / Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind - Byakuren Hijiri
Ex Stage.) ??? / Heian Alien - Nue Houju

12.3. Hisoutensoku
Final Stage.) Unfound X ~ Unfound Adventure - Unnamed Giant Catfish
Last Spell.) X, the Floating Object in the Sky - Suwako, Again

12.5. Double Spoiler
I don't remember if Hatate actually has a theme associated with her but she shows up here.

12.8. Fairy Wars
Stages 1. & 2.) Staking your Life on a Prank - Three Fairies (Sunnymilk, Lunachild, Star Sapphire)
Final Stage.) The Great Fairy Wars - Three Fairies, Again
EX Stage.) Magus Night - Marisa Kirisame

13. Ten Desires
Stage 1.) Night Sakura of Dead Spirits / Ghost Lead - Yuyuko Saigyouji
Stage 2.) Welcome to Youkai Temple / Youkai Girl at the Gate- Kyouko Kasodani
Stage 3.) Let's Live in a Lovely Cemetary / Rigid Paradise - Yoshika Miyako
Stage 4.) Desire Drive / Old Yuanxian - Seiga Kaku
Stage 5.) The Dream Palace ~ Great Mausoleum / Legend of the Great Gods - Mononobe no Futo (Also Soga no Tojiko is here)
Stage 6.) A Small Desire's Starry Sky / Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator - Toyosatomimi no Miko
Ex Stage.) Youkai Back Shrine Road / Futatsuiwa from Sado - Mamizou Futatsuiwa

13.5. Hopeless Masquerade
Stage n.) Futatsuiwa from Gensokyo - Mamizou Futatsuiwa, Again
Final Stage.) The Lost Emotion - Hata no Kokoro

14. Double Dealing Character
Stage 1.) Mist Lake / ??? - Wakasagihime (The only character I can't remember the theme of!!)
Stage 2.) ??? / Dullahan Under the Willows - Sekibanki
Stage 3.) Bamboo Forest of the Full Moon / Lonesome Werewolf - Kagerou Imaizumi
Stage 4.) Magical Storm / Illusionary Joururi - Tsukumo Sisters (Yatsuhashi & Benben)
Stage 5.) The Shining Needle Palace Sinking in the Air / Reverse Ideology - Seija Kijin
Stage 6.) ??? (That Stage 5 Theme could be this?) / Inchling of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess - Shinmyoumaru Sukuna
Ex Stage.) Thunderclouds of Magical Power / Primordial Beat ~ Pristine Beat - Raiko Horikawa

14.5. Urban Legend in Limbo
Stage n.) Battlefield of the Flower Threshold - Kasen Ibaraki
Final Stage.) Last Occultism ~ Esotericist of the Present World - Sumireko Usami
EX Stage.) Unknown X ~ Occultly Madness - Fujiwara no Mokou, Again

15. Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom
Stage 1.) ??? / The Rabbit has Landed - Seiran
Stage 2.) ??? / September Pumpkin - Ringo
Stage 3.) The Mysterious Shrine Maiden Flying Through Space / Eternal Spring Dream - Doremy Sweet
Stage 4.) Frozen Capital of Eternity / The Wheel of Fortune Turning Over - Sagume Kishin
Stage 5.) Voyage of 380,000(?) Kilometers / Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner - Clownpiece
Stage 6.) The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects / Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart - Junko
Ex Stage.) A Never-Before Seen World of Nightmares / Pandemonic Planet - Hecatia Lapislazuli

This took me like nearly an hour.

Edit: I fixed some ~embarrassing mistakes~ (a couple games and characters renamed, I forgot Momiji and Tojiko.)

mdct fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 11, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

El Burbo posted:

Not good enough until you can say, from memory, every touhous name in order by stage appearance.

Rumia, Daiyousei, Cirno, Meiling Hong, Koakuma, Patchouli Knowledge, Sakuya Izayoi, Remilia Scarlet, Flandre Scarlet
Letty Whiterock, Chen, Alice Margatroid, Lily White, Lunasa + Merlin + Lyrica Prismriver, Youmu Konpaku, Yuyuko Saigyoji, Ran Yakumo, Yukari Yakumo
Suika Ibuki
Wriggle Nightbug, Mystia Lorelei, Keine Kamishirasawa, Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirsame, Tewi, Reisen Udongein Inaba, Eirin Yagokoro, Kaguya Houraisan, Mokou Fujiwara
Medicine Melancholy, Aya Shameimaru, Yuuka Kagami, Komachi Onozuka, Eiki Shiki
Shizuha Aki, Minoriko Aki, Hina Kagiyama, Nitori Kawashiro, Momiji Inubashiri, Sanae Kochiya, Kanako Yasaka, Suwako Moriya
Iku Nagae, Tenshi Hinanawi
Kisume, Yamame Kurodani, Parsee Mizuhashi, Yuugi Hoshiguma, Satori, Rin Kaenbyou, Reiji Utsuho, Koishi
Nazrin, Kogasa Tatara, Ichirin Kumoi, Minamitsu Murasa, Shou Toramaru, Hijiri Byakuren, Nue Houju
Unperceiving of Natural Law (Chase the Enigma of the Gargantuan Guignol)
Hatate Himekaidou
Sunny Milk, Luna Child, Star Sapphire
Nameless Spirit Thing, Kyouko Kasadini, Yoshika Miyako, Seiga Kaku, Tojiko Soga, Futo Mononobe, Miko Toyosatomimi,Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Kokoro Hata
Wakasagahime, Sekibanki, Kagero Imaizumi, Benben + Yatshuhashi Tsukomo, Seija Kijin, Shinmyumaru Sukuna, Raiko Horikawa
Kasen Ibaraki, Sumireko Usami
Seiran, Ringo, Doremy Sweet, Sagume Kishin, Clownpiece, Junko, Hecatia Lapislazuli

Honestly making it by stage appearance makes it super easy.

I will admit to having to look up the last names for the TD crew though. I only ever remember their first names.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nages posted:

There is only one right answer to "name pc-98 characters"

Refusing?

Anyway the true test of skill would be to name the titles of every character, including the new titles they get whenever they appear in a different game. :colbert:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
The true test of skill is to call out the names of every character in the next game

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Refusing?

Anyway the true test of skill would be to name the titles of every character, including the new titles they get whenever they appear in a different game. :colbert:

I do wish i remembered more character titles than i do, some of them are real fun

Well the limits of my memory in that department are

Reimu Hakurei, The Shrine Maiden of Paradise
Marisa Kirisame, The Ordinary Magician
Suika Ibuki, The Night Parade of a Hundred Demons
Keine Kamishirasawa, The History-Eating Half Beast
Eiki Shiki, The Supreme Judge of Paradise
Rin Kaenbyou, Hell's Traffic Accident (lol)

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

All that and you still messed up the name of the 9th game.

Shameful :colbert:.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The one weird character title I remember is Letty's because I think "What Winter left behind" is a surprisingly cool description for a stage 1 boss.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I always remember Shiki's because of bkub

(BATTLE MODE)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wait, the other character title I remember is "Half-human, Half Phantom, Half-baked" because it is very rude to my good friend Youmu. :(

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

10. Mountain of Faith

Stage 3.) The Gensokyo the Gods Loved / The Kappa of (Something Something) ~ Candid Friend - Keine Kamishirasawa

Nooooot exactly.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

13. Ten Desires

Stage 5.) The Dream Palace ~ Great Mausoleum / Legend of the Great Gods - Mononobe no Futo

You forgot my favorite midboss :(

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I don't blame anyone for replacing Nitori with Keine in their minds.

Nitori is so bad in FMW, god drat.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm not sure it matters whether you can name poo poo in order as long as you aren't a filthy secondary.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

BlitzBlast posted:

I don't blame anyone for replacing Nitori with Keine in their minds.

Nitori is so bad in FMW, god drat.

how did they make the character who made a giant robot bad in a game from giant robots

it boggles the mind

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Namtab posted:

I'm not sure it matters whether you can name poo poo in order as long as you aren't a filthy secondary.

one thing we can all agree on

Gamerofthegame posted:

how did they make the character who made a giant robot bad in a game from giant robots

it boggles the mind

Hiso Tensoku was only a parade float marketing ploy, though.

Robot Nessie with laser guns is great, however.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Gamerofthegame posted:

it boggles the mind

Because they want to make very clear that MAlice is the best pairup in FMW3 accept no substitutes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Touhou 15.5: Antimony of Common Flowers has been announced

http://tasofro.net/touhou155/

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
get this though: clownpiece

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Tasfro, so it's a fight game? If yeah then is it a totally new design or will they still be going off an HM base

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Namtab posted:

What, dare I ask, is a "secondary"?

Pureauthor posted:

Oh boy. I'm going to look forward to this.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i hope it's the new age pofv

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Roland Jones posted:

What, dare I ask, is a "secondary"?

Someone who claims to be a fan without actually playing/liking the shmups.

I think most people here use it jokingly but it was an actual insult back in ye olde /jp/

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Here's the translation

quote:

A strange phenomenon called "Perfect Possession" is taking place.
A phenomenon where one is taken over by a completely different person, not only in mind, but also in body.
But have no worry: Reimu is already on her way to investigate the cause behind its occurrence.

"The strongest duo have joined forces."
"Something bad may be in store for us humans."
"An opponent impossible to defeat by anybody alone?"
Ludicrous rumors are circulating, seemingly out of the fear in human villagers' hearts.

The so-called "Urban Legend Incidents," yet to be resolved, have bestowed unsubstantiatable rumors with a tendency to manifest in concrete forms.
And this time, the Perfect Possession is obviously yet another Urban Legend Incident.

This story is about those who keep watch on Perfect Possession, those who exploit it, those unwittingly dragged into it, and those working to expose the threat behind it...
Those who have made the mistake of seeing themselves as the strongest duo. This is a bittersweet story about them.

It's a fighting game, reusing the assets and design of ULiL. The PS4 Reisen story was a set up for this.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Which, eh, I kinda wanted something different this time, something like a more traditional fight game

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i am dead serious about secondaries

To be honest, though, I think it's pretty weird to say you're into a series and its characters but not actually read or care about the works by its author. I get not being into shmups what with it being a niche genre end all, but the barrier of entry for manga and short stories is pretty low.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

quote:

ah, we'll finally fight Taisui Xingjun

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

How i long for a traditional touhou fighting game instead of whatever the hell they currently are,

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Simulacra posted:

How i long for a traditional touhou fighting game instead of whatever the hell they currently are,

:same:

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

El Burbo posted:

This is the game guys, I can feel it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yes, finally, I'll get Suika and Yuugi in the same game doing tag team wrestling

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'd say it's going to be Melty moon phases where suika isn't going to be in the game but she'll possess marisa and marisa will play like suika

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nages posted:

This is the game guys, I can feel it.

mima will not be in it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

I'd say it's going to be Melty moon phases where suika isn't going to be in the game but she'll possess marisa and marisa will play like suika

Well that's one way to avoid making more assets

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Golden Battler posted:

All that and you still messed up the name of the 9th game.

Shameful :colbert:.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Nooooot exactly.

You forgot my favorite midboss :(

gently caress!! Heck! That's what I get for copy + pasting to keep the format easier to write.

(Though I legitimately forgot about Tojiko and Momiji, so I guess I did gently caress up too!!)

Pureauthor posted:

Nice.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

mima will not be in it

don't be rude

ikaragu
Oct 24, 2010

Simulacra posted:

Also agreed.

Still, having a tag-team version of the game could be interesting, if that's what's happening. Some of the characters in ULiL have obvious partners, other don't. It'd be a good opportunity to bring back Yukari and Patchouli, as well as the inevitable LoLK character; that would make bring us to at least one character from every game in the series (that wasn't already a dream battle like PoFV or irrelevant like the PC-98 games). They've mostly been avoiding using characters who've appeared in the older Touhou fighting games, but Reisen's in ULiL now so they're not completely averse to it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Oh yeah, I forgot to post this earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2DkY4azuP0

Hard to believe the first trailer was posted almost a year ago.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

a cartoon duck posted:

mima will not be in it

uh, he MEANT yorihime!!

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Don't twist my words, only good characters like Mima will be added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
it has flower in the name, therefore yuuka

(but then the story summary doesn't actually sound like it has much to do with flowers, unless you're talking crazy mind control flowers)