Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You can also allegedly get them in the poké-coal mine on the Pelago, but I've yet to see it happen. I've gotten them from both fishing and the lottery place multiple times though.

You can get golden bottle caps from the Treasure Hunt, but they're pretty rare. I've done around 15-20 hunts and only gotten one.

Another good way of farming bottle caps is fishing. If you use the bubble spot in the Steelix boat you can farm them pretty efficiently, according to one goon at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Anybody got a good super singles team comp for the Battle Tree? Trying to get the starf berry for the first time ever.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Nihilego/Aegislash/Toxapex. Whatever you don't annihilate with the first two gets stalled out by the last one.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Eox posted:

Nihilego/Aegislash/Toxapex. Whatever you don't annihilate with the first two gets stalled out by the last one.

Including ground types? That seems like an oddly fatal weakness for literally the entire team to have.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Supremezero posted:

Including ground types? That seems like an oddly fatal weakness for literally the entire team to have.

Most ground types are really slow

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Garchomp still exists, doesn't it? That's in the same speed tier as Nihilego, which is far faster than the other 2. And Nihilego has no counter to Garchomp anyway. The best it manages is a 3HKO with Sludge Wave, whereas Garchomp murders it 5 times over with Earthquake. And Dugtrio's faster than either of them, and has a solid offensive presence now. Nevermind that everything and it's mother gets Earthquake anyway.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 11, 2016

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Wouldn't you get wrecked by any sturdy earthquaker?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Supremezero posted:

And Nihilego has no counter to Garchomp anyway.

HP Ice

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Boy does Alolan Persian have a big noggin.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mizuti posted:

It looks like Stewie from Family Guy

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

Ways to get bottle caps:
Festival plaza lottery.
Haunted house.
Find shards via Isle Aphun and trade them to the old guy in your festival plaza castle.
Fishing apparently.
Battle Tree.

And if you really want to grind bottle caps, you should read this dicussion: https://m.reddit.com/r/PokeMoonSun/comments/5f9x25/how_to_get_bottle_caps_guaranteed_for_the_price/?compact=true

I actually got a gold bottle cap from doing Isle Aphun's Level 3 rare treasure finding. Its worth doing every 12 hours for that small chance.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If anyone gets a reject shiny eevee and decides "you know what I DONT want this thing" hit me up please

I've hatched so many eggs trying to get one. So many eggs. Worst part is I'm not even trying to get it for myself, a good friend always wanted a shiny Umbreon named Eclipse so I've been trying for the past 2-3 days for this thing.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Oh jesus gently caress, I wonder traded away my destiny knot. Somebody just kill me.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I just traded for a dratini named Mickie James. It gave all my Pokemen the Pokerus. Which of you was it.

Having pretty good times filling out my Pokedex, I got a Horsea early on and I've been pumping out Horsea eggs to trade for basically anything I don't have. Earlier I got a Magmortar for a Horsea :coal:

Diet Poison posted:

Oh jesus gently caress, I wonder traded away my destiny knot. Somebody just kill me.

Oh no :( I nearly gave away my Everstone earlier with a WT, I saw EVERSTONE down at the bottom of the screen and turned off wifi immediately. Crashed my game, but it was worth it!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
I WANT A BULBSAUR HOW TO I GET A BULBASAUR!!

Seriously I am sad. I havent played since Pokemon red when I was in middle school or whatever.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bum the Sad posted:

Seriously I am sad. I havent played since Pokemon red when I was in middle school or whatever.

wait until january if you really must have a bulbasaur

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Bum the Sad posted:

You don't. Deal with it. Burn the past. The new bulbasaur is a dead owl.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Prop Wash posted:

I just traded for a dratini named Mickie James. It gave all my Pokemen the Pokerus. Which of you was it.

Having pretty good times filling out my Pokedex, I got a Horsea early on and I've been pumping out Horsea eggs to trade for basically anything I don't have. Earlier I got a Magmortar for a Horsea :coal:

Oh no :( I nearly gave away my Everstone earlier with a WT, I saw EVERSTONE down at the bottom of the screen and turned off wifi immediately. Crashed my game, but it was worth it!

you get a million everstones out of the pelago and some wild rock types carry them.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If anyone gets a reject shiny eevee and decides "you know what I DONT want this thing" hit me up please

I've hatched so many eggs trying to get one. So many eggs. Worst part is I'm not even trying to get it for myself, a good friend always wanted a shiny Umbreon named Eclipse so I've been trying for the past 2-3 days for this thing.

I got one throughly GTS that actually doesn't appear to be hacked if you are interested. I'm never gonna use it because it's not in a good enough ball for me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Note Block posted:

I got one throughly GTS that actually doesn't appear to be hacked if you are interested. I'm never gonna use it because it's not in a good enough ball for me.

I'd be absolutely thrilled if you're fine with parting with it

FC is 0559-7788-3901 and in game name is just Jason, shame you can't name something gotten from the GTS but will take anything at this point :v:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'd be absolutely thrilled if you're fine with parting with it

FC is 0559-7788-3901 and in game name is just Jason, shame you can't name something gotten from the GTS but will take anything at this point :v:

I'll keep you in mind if I hatch one of my own, I'm actually not that interested in Shiny Eevee (almost none of their evolutions besides Umbreon and maybe Sylveon look good as Shiny)

When will you be online?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Note Block posted:

I'll keep you in mind if I hatch one of my own, I'm actually not that interested in Shiny Eevee (almost none of their evolutions besides Umbreon and maybe Sylveon look good as Shiny)

When will you be online?

I can be on right now if that shakes out for you! Here all day today.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Note Block posted:

Espeon is a lovely shade of acid green :v:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I love Sick Bubbler the shiny vaporeon with all my heart

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Does anyone have a spare 0 speed IV Porygon for trade?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Goon VGC17 Tournament #1

When: Starts on Saturday, December 17th
Rules:Standard VGC17 rules. Single elimination. Best of One. 24 hours to complete each game.
Prizes:Pride. Something cool if I can think of something cool.

Signup at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mgg_6_R-U9El0rcZewgDQGEkdgipLHdTBm1DCT0yapg/edit?usp=sharing

- I will close signups on Friday the 16th and generate the bracket.
- Both players must report the results.
- If a match is not completed within 24 hours the person who fails to contact me loses.
- If both players contact me I'll try to setup a special time.
- You can change teams between rounds.
The following people showed interest.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

FishBulb posted:

You don't. Deal with it. Burn the past. The new bulbasaur is a dead owl.

:smith:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Great! I see you already added me too. I'm online now. Keep in mind this Eevee has no perfect IVs and its nature is pretty blah for an Umbreon without egg moves.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Note Block posted:

Great! I see you already added me too. I'm online now. Keep in mind this Eevee has no perfect IVs and its nature is pretty blah for an Umbreon without egg moves.

Yeah that's fine, it's just for fun anyway!

I'll be in the plaza waitin around, and thanks again.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Asking again: does anyone have a Snow Warning Vulpix? My FC is 3179-6070-7987, IGN Star. I'll give you Pokerus in exchange :pervert:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah that's fine, it's just for fun anyway!

I'll be in the plaza waitin around, and thanks again.

No problem, I hope your friend enjoys. It was just gonna rot in my bank anyways.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Asking again: does anyone have a Snow Warning Vulpix? My FC is 3179-6070-7987, IGN Star. I'll give you Pokerus in exchange :pervert:

Half the goons here do and I have two extra! HA Timid Vulpix with Freeze-dry+Moonblast egg moves, in a Dive or Lure ball (THE BEST BALL). IVS are garbo tho.

FC: 5129-2001-9949, IGN: Athena

I'm online now.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Finally, a Goomy from Route 17! Started playing today and it turned out to be the very first call for help the Panchan put out. That was lucky.

It seems like Pancham calls only Goomys as their weather SOS, at least, it was a Goomy both times Pancham called and something other than Pancham/Pangoro appeared. Does this mean Pancham can't call Castforms, or is it just RNG and happened to pull Goomy both times?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Mizuti posted:

it's the anti-magda

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

Finally, a Goomy from Route 17! Started playing today and it turned out to be the very first call for help the Panchan put out. That was lucky.

It seems like Pancham calls only Goomys as their weather SOS, at least, it was a Goomy both times Pancham called and something other than Pancham/Pangoro appeared. Does this mean Pancham can't call Castforms, or is it just RNG and happened to pull Goomy both times?

RNG. Goomy is pretty rare and Castform is SUPER rare.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Hey those pretty wings and star dust I got from the demo I just sell right?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bum the Sad posted:

Hey those pretty wings and star dust I got from the demo I just sell right?

Yup.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How does this sound for a battle tree team
Dhelmise
Araquanid
Salazzle

I really like the first two in general and was looking for a reasonable third alolan Pokémon to help with type coverage but I'm also dumb and bad so I'm not really sure

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Beast Balled a Magby today! It is evolved and ready to breed, if anyone wants one.

I also have BB Skarmories with Egg Moves, and a bunch of other stuff.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Dwall posted:

Finally got some time in on this, and it looks like just about the only Beast Ball critters that I still have a monopoly on are Carbink, Finneon, and Komala. If anyone wants these, I'll be here pretty much all day.

What's your info? I could use those and breed some more to pass the love along. Also need a BB Digglet.

Sukimin | 3265-5893-6274

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

don't take five level one abras to catch an eelektross