Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Mak0rz posted:

Eggerland/Lolo is the only one I can think of too, shame it isn't co-op though. Actually now that I think about it there's also co-op Lode Runner game for XBLA that my buddy and I played to death that was pretty good.

I haven't played Adventures of Cookie & Cream yet because I want to play it co-op, so I don't know if it's at all similar but it seems like it would have some similarities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

chumbler posted:

And to be clear, scimitar is completely busted.

It actually seemed a bit less busted than in previous games at least. Not much, but a little less anyway. Still not much reason to use any of the other magics though.

Though in Pirate's Curse it was really the Monster Milk that was super broken more than anything.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It actually seemed a bit less busted than in previous games at least. Not much, but a little less anyway. Still not much reason to use any of the other magics though.

Though in Pirate's Curse it was really the Monster Milk that was super broken more than anything.

Monster milk should have been the default level of damage, honestly.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Or, you know, actually make the damage upgrades do something.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-L7CojRahI

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I beat FFXV after 56 hours and 60 levels. The game definitely changes tone halfway through and the pacing suffers quite a bit, but I liked the story they were desperately trying to tell. There's just not enough explanation or set up for too many events for it to get a pass on the plot, but I did enjoy how my party grew over time. One thing that I think justifies the rapidity of the second half is to emphasis the sense of the first half being "the good times" as events become more and more streamlined. I think that it's a game that is so strongly connected to its core coming of age story that both the plot and the gameplay reinforce making sacrifices and accepting changes with maturity

I was also left feeling that, even at 56 hours, it was too short. This isn't a critique of the time it takes to beat but the amount of traveling I actually did, when broken down into number of towns and locales visited compared to other RPGs. Most of it was driving around in circles, and just following the main quest would probably only take 18 hours or so. It's an effect of an open but empty world, which itself results from problems of scale. The meat is really in the combat and exploration, which the post game happily provides in spades.

Was it worth the wait? Absolutely. Does it suffer from an unfocused development? You bet. Ultimately it's a numbered Final Fantasy game with the requisite warts but hopefully they can do a little better for XVI.

e: post-post proofreading

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 11, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hi doctor Nick

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Hey bud

What are you up to today?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My fiancee and I decided "gently caress it" and now we're making mac & cheese pizza

:911:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's when you bake a pizza with macaroni and cheese on top

jk it's when you tie a noose and hang yourself they're the same fuckin thing!!!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

My fiancee and I decided "gently caress it" and now we're making mac & cheese pizza

Good! That is a dinner for kings.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean it's hard to write good stories when you're dead

*nods sagely*

FirstAidKite posted:

:patriot:

FirstAidKite posted:

jk it's when you tie a noose and hang yourself they're the same fuckin thing!!!!

:eyepop:

Sometimes you just want a pizza with some mac and cheese on top. Is that a crime?!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Mac n chz pizza sounds pretty good, especially if it had some breaded chicken on top too.

We once made breakfast pizza with sausage, bacon, and eggs and then gravy for the sauce

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

God dammit Ness why do you always pick boss battles to start loving around and getting homesick, you just talked to your mom like 5 minutes ago

Wamdoodle posted:

Bolded part tells you everything you need to know about how the story is going to go in the game

Isn't Tom Clancy just shorthand these days for "war crimes but it's okay because America"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean it's hard to write good stories when you're dead

Being alive didn't help much either.

Like, apparently some of his books were just straight-up transcriptions of his tabletop wargaming games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

Being alive didn't help much either.

Like, apparently some of his books were just straight-up transcriptions of his tabletop wargaming games.

I mean that's not really a bad way to write fun stories.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It must suck to be one of the parents who spend hundreds of dollars buying Disney Infinity toys only to have them release a version of the game with every single unlockable included for the price of one figurine set.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

Mac n chz pizza sounds pretty good, especially if it had some breaded chicken on top too.

We once made breakfast pizza with sausage, bacon, and eggs and then gravy for the sauce

please stop this

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pizza update: it was good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Would anyone believe me if I said I've never tasted pizza

because it's true

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

because it's true

Until you try pizza, your username remains inaccurate. You have not lived until you have tried it, my dude

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it is alright

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Until you try pizza, your username remains inaccurate. You have not lived until you have tried it, my dude

If you pizza, you die

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

FirstAidKite posted:

Pizza update: it was good

im glad of it.

Help Im Alive posted:

I had a friend who didnt eat a hamburger until he was 30 years old even though he likes, you know, beef and bread just fine

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Guy Mann posted:

It must suck to be one of the parents who spend hundreds of dollars buying Disney Infinity toys only to have them release a version of the game with every single unlockable included for the price of one figurine set.

Yeah but they also made the pc version single player only for gently caress knows what reason, and if you're not collecting your favorite figures there's really no good reason to play the campaigns solo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

a.lo posted:

please stop this

Pizzas are a canvas for creativity. Anything goes as long as it's not fish (or corn)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

because it's true

That's impossible.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

also known as the "david carradine"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mamma mia

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

We had pizza last night from a new place. Not mac n cheese but it was still good and we watched tangled while eating it.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Help I'm Alive, you gotta Live it Out and try pizza. Only some sort of Sick Muse would go through their life without it.

What should Help I'm Alive's first pizza be?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

a.lo posted:

mamma mia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtYHPSTUho

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think if you've never had pizza, the experience will have been so built up by now that it won't live up to expectations.

It's like very similar to a sandwich or a burger in that its Chef Kissing Fingers quality depends entirely on the quality of the place you order from, the kind of pizza you order, and how fresh it is by the time it gets to you.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

plz dont pull out posted:

Help I'm Alive, you gotta Live it Out and try pizza. Only some sort of Sick Muse would go through their life without it.

What should Help I'm Alive's first pizza be?

Pepperoni. Duh.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The best pizza is cold leftovers. Fresh pizza is for fools

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

tap my mountain posted:

don't listen to this maniac.

first should be pepperoni, new york style, from the best local place possible

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I had a good pizza for lunch on friday. It's called a meter of pizza and you get a 1m long pizza divided into 4 flavors. There were 6 of us and we ate it together, it was pretty nice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Palpek posted:

I had a good pizza for lunch on friday. It's called a meter of pizza and you get a 1m long pizza divided into 4 flavors. There were 6 of us and we ate it together, it was pretty nice.

That sounds pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

This post is more evil than Ex-Death himself.

• Locked thread