Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Moldy Taxes posted:

I dunno exactly when it happened, but at some point while I was in the sewers Gladio just up and disappeared

http://puu.sh/sM1jn/5d3ba8b140.jpg

I spent all of my session yesterday with an only half-there Prompto myself.

Someone is making these boys disappear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Did you go back into the past and blow up the lab where Prompto was created?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

During another session whenever I'd look away for a second Gladio would immediately respawn on top of Ignis' head and stay perfectly balanced.

I adore these weird harmless glitches

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Any help finding the headlights? I've reached the marker and everyone talked about how we're here at last, but there's nothing here.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Fedule posted:

Any help finding the headlights? I've reached the marker and everyone talked about how we're here at last, but there's nothing here.

It's loving terrible but there's a hallway hat has like three or four pipes that look like they all go to the same place but one leads to a chamber where there's nothing in it but the headlights. It within the blue circle.

e: watch which one this guy goes into https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jl22Khvl3PQ

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Help

I wanna get the thing

I can't get the thing :(

It's a common bug. Just reload.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Yodzilla posted:

It's loving terrible but there's a hallway hat has like three or four pipes that look like they all go to the same place but one leads to a chamber where there's nothing in it but the headlights. It within the blue circle.

e: watch which one this guy goes into https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jl22Khvl3PQ

That's some stellar game design.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Fedule posted:

Maybe this will help without watching video.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Fedule posted:

It's two floors below you, unless you already realized that.

Then, when you go down the stairs, it's in the room before the switch panel.

Hey, I can warp back to Altissia after I leave, right?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Those headlights have nothing on the Balouve Mine Royal Tomb location

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Argh, now I'm apparently searching for switches. I want to find the person who designed the map menu in this game, and explain to them in minute detail all of the ways in which it is not good.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Those headlights have nothing on the Balouve Mine Royal Tomb location

The sealed door in that place pissed me off too.

Oh AND the blue steampipe quest in Lestallum. That was god drat aggravating.

air- fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 11, 2016

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

All the switch hunt needed to be tolerable was someone telling you to look for them at the start of the dungeon. The consoles just looked like generic background decorations to me so I had to backtrack looking for them so much.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
By the by, anyone know how much exp you need to hit max level? I'm sitting on about 350k right now, at level 53.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Fedule posted:

By the by, anyone know how much exp you need to hit max level? I'm sitting on about 350k right now, at level 53.

A lot more than that

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

When I expericasted myself from 60ish to max, I wanna say it took about 2.5-2.8 million. Maybe 3 million tops.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Fedule posted:

Something like close to a million.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Yodzilla posted:

Bloodborne had more frequent load times? If you're running around doing side quests/hunts in FFXV you hit a load screen every five minutes. Take hunt, load screen to destination, do quest, load screen back to car, load screen to tipster, rinse/repeat and maybe throw a drive in between the first load screen and the quest destination. It's goddamn terrible.

I think I'm going to shelve this for a while as I really want to see what they do over the next few months. I'd really like to see them clean up battles such as:
  • Let me assign any three techniques to the slots or more importantly let me quick-switch techniques in battle because you can already do it without penalty but it's just incredibly inconvenient. Bad interface shouldn't infer gameplay.
  • loving tell me WHY I can't use a certain technique when I have enough bar filled. Tell me if a bro is too far away or if it's status ailment blocked. I've had so many instances of a bro standing right next to me not doing a drat thing with no negative status and been unable to use a certain technique.
  • Do something about techniques whiffing due to AI getting hung up on random poo poo in the environment or whiffing for unknown reasons. If it's a dice roll to land (which I don't think it is) tell me but otherwise just clean up dumb AI.
  • Stop taking control away of the camera constantly for every technique and sometimes just "because" in battle. Battles are already a clusterfuck with 4+ people and an unresponsive or stuck camera is killer.
  • Fix the wait-time targeting bug. Sometimes in wait-time you can only target one enemy and pressing left or right to swap targets just doesn't work. Right now you have to exit wait time and go back into it to correct.
Obviously there are lots of other places this game could be hardened but the above aren't new features, they're just improving on or fixing existing ones.

I mean if you chain hunts?

But no I just got quests from as many people as possible and almost all the hunts are within the same zone as the quest giver.

Zu?
The mountain top like 600 feet from the rest station. Very few hunts are far from where the quest giver is. Few examples are the ones in The power plant city, mainly the fat guy, the rest are quests that can be taken simultaneously allowing you to focus on quests in an area then move on. To top it off, all hunts can be taken to any hunt person.

-You can't use techniques with the bar filled when the person is being attacked or is petrified, or is currently getting the poo poo knocked out of them or in danger mode. health bar right on the other side of the screen is a big tell.
- thats 0 to do with interface and more to do with the user experience. How would you go about swapping mid fight without even more menus? Like they want you to use a menu that freezes time and has no loading time. or you'd rather scramble through something that would require you to hold multiple buttons down mid battle?
-The camera is taken away during techniques because most techniques grant you invincibility during their use and also some (overwhelm) have scripted interactions to your benefit more often then not, Like a follow up attack that can also flip the aggression off of your party because noct has a follow up. I've had some hosed up glitches and I can't think of a time I can pin it on the game making me invincible and shifting focus to the enemy I already have targeted.
-I can't comment on wait time because i've never used it, this may be valid.

There are SO very MANY things that can be improved in this game

EX- why can't cid let me choose which weapon to upgrade? He should have a regular menu like nearly any other useful NPC in the game
-chapter 13 is more pressing then most of this.
-Wait time skills costing AP at all
-the later skills costing ludicrous amounts of AP
-Emeny varience
-Lack of a bestiary
-A more usable scan feature
-optimizing load times here and there wouldn't hurt a soul clearly, as it stands they aren't any where near as bad as bloodbornes which you needed to use heftily dying or not if you leveled your character up with any sort of frequency. here the longest load is starting the game
-Weapon variance.
-The royal arms take too much damage away from you when being used and should all be on the level of the one you receive in chap 13. which has little to none. Up until they point they are heavily based on how much damage you deal.
-Having a stamina gauge at all when it is the same thing as MP but for running.

Like I love this game but dislike a ton, but the things that need to be fixed are glaring, the other things are usually self inflicted.

Like if you decided to quick travel to an area less than a mile from you instead of jumping on a chocobo, you're gonna have to face a load time :shrug:
While not optimal and something that should be fixed if possible, it has a solution that's right there.

Even the witcher 3 had hosed up loading glitches when loading it from auto saves instead of files for the first year.
If you lost a battle and didn't load a save you waited like 4 times longer for no reason.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 11, 2016

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Based on how they keep saying the Empire has killed them and Leviathan is seen destroying stuff again is it safe to assume you having the summons is not canon?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Nina posted:

Based on how they keep saying the Empire has killed them and Leviathan is seen destroying stuff again is it safe to assume you having the summons is not canon?

leviathan was destroying things for you.

They are being killed after they give you their power

TBH :shrug: FFXV story as usual.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
The locked Costlemark boss is some bullshit. Or maybe it wasn't even the boss, I couldn't find a door. But wow. What loving garbage.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Nina posted:

It seemed to me that Shiva faked her death and disguised herself as Gentiana for reasons. Titan and Leviathan had the illusion of dying when they gave you their power. Ramuh was in hiding as was Bahamut was in the Crystal the whole time and Ifrit is just a plain jerk.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

SectumSempra posted:

I mean if you chain hunts?

But no I just got quests from as many people as possible and almost all the hunts are within the same zone as the quest giver.

Zu?
The mountain top like 600 feet from the rest station. Very few hunts are far from where the quest giver is. Few examples are the ones in The power plant city, mainly the fat guy, the rest are quests that can be taken simultaneously allowing you to focus on quests in an area then move on. To top it off, all hunts can be taken to any hunt person.

-You can't use techniques with the bar filled when the person is being attacked or is petrified, or is currently getting the poo poo knocked out of them or in danger mode. health bar right on the other side of the screen is a big tell.
- thats 0 to do with interface and more to do with the user experience. How would you go about swapping mid fight without even more menus? Like they want you to use a menu that freezes time and has no loading time. or you'd rather scramble through something that would require you to hold multiple buttons down mid battle?
-The camera is taken away during techniques because most techniques grant you invincibility during their use and also some (overwhelm) have scripted interactions to your benefit more often then not, Like a follow up attack that can also flip the aggression off of your party because noct has a follow up. I've had some hosed up glitches and I can't think of a time I can pin it on the game making me invincible and shifting focus to the enemy I already have targeted.
-I can't comment on wait time because i've never used it, this may be valid.

There are SO very MANY things that can be improved in this game

EX- why can't cid let me choose which weapon to upgrade? He should have a regular menu like nearly any other useful NPC in the game
-chapter 13 is more pressing then most of this.
-Wait time skills costing AP at all
-the later skills costing ludicrous amounts of AP
-Emeny varience
-Lack of a bestiary
-A more usable scan feature
-optimizing load times here and there wouldn't hurt a soul clearly, as it stands they aren't any where near as bad as bloodbornes which you needed to use heftily dying or not if you leveled your character up with any sort of frequency. here the longest load is starting the game
-Weapon variance.
-The royal arms take too much damage away from you when being used and should all be on the level of the one you receive in chap 13. which has little to none. Up until they point they are heavily based on how much damage you deal.
-Having a stamina gauge at all when it is the same thing as MP but for running.

Like I love this game but dislike a ton, but the things that need to be fixed are glaring, the other things are usually self inflicted.

Like if you decided to quick travel to an area less than a mile from you instead of jumping on a chocobo, you're gonna have to face a load time :shrug:
While not optimal and something that should be fixed if possible, it has a solution that's right there.

Even the witcher 3 had hosed up loading glitches when loading it from auto saves instead of files for the first year.
If you lost a battle and didn't load a save you waited like 4 times longer for no reason.

Lotta self inflicted complaints here!! If things are costing too much AP, just don't spend any AP! Royal arms causing too much damage? Don't use em! Stamina gauge? Just stop sprinting! Emeny varience? Just run from every fight!

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Lotta self inflicted complaints here!! If things are costing too much AP, just don't spend any AP! Royal arms causing too much damage? Don't use em! Stamina gauge? Just stop sprinting! Emeny varience? Just run from every fight!

Actually
I dont use them :shrug:
I cook something that makes my stamina unlimited or use a chocobo :shrug:
I want to fight more types of enemies why would i run :shrug:

There's a difference between "man i wish I could use techs while promto was petrified" and "Holy poo poo They don't ever loving tell me why the gently caress I can't loving use a skill the bar is loving full, who cares if he's dead"
So if that's all you took out of what i said, fair man.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It seemed to me that Shiva faked her death and disguised herself as Gentiana for reasons. Titan and Leviathan had the illusion of dying when they gave you their power. Ramuh was in hiding as was Bahamut was in the Crystal the whole time and Ifrit is just a plain jerk.

Shiva has her consciousness divided between multiple things, thats why during her summon there are like 6
Titan was trying to test your power before giving it to you, the empire jerks just also decided lets attack him

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

C12 Luna was dying already? Ravus was a good guy all along?

I'm so confused about everything that doesn't have to do with my boys. :sweatdrop:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SectumSempra posted:

Shiva has her consciousness divided between multiple things, thats why during her summon there are like 6
Titan was trying to test your power before giving it to you, the empire jerks just also decided lets attack him

Eh, no regarding the first part. That doesn't make sense. The train scene doesn't suggest that at all.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
:lol: This Imperial Infiltration quest, the second base assault? Good grief, what nonsense between the story and the boss fight.

"Oh here's that character everyone liked!"

(nukes her with magic and one Prompto technique, fight over)

:effort:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Nina posted:

C12 Luna was dying already? Ravus was a good guy all along?

I'm so confused about everything that doesn't have to do with my boys. :sweatdrop:

The first part is mentioned numerous times. The second one is only even remotely suggested if you are super diligent about listening to people talk and reading the newspaper, which is Real Fuckin Bad

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I'm really curious about how they're going to do new game plus. My wishlist of things to carry over (in rough order of importance):

-ASCENTION LEVELS AND AP
-Skill levels
-The aesthetic car parts and CDs, along with carrying over any body colors you unlocked
-Fishing records and cooking recipes

Just as long as it isn't something dumb like "carry your levels over". Hopefully they put in a hard mode, would really benefit a NG+.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Regarding my quick swap technique comment, there are many, many action games that have interfaces that allow you to select between more than three items or weapons in realtime. The UI in FFXV is loving garbage.

And yeah it sucks poo poo that switches look like generic background props and don't get called out as interactable until you're right on top of them...and then you'll probably jump anyway.

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 11, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Regarding my quick swap technique comment, there are many, many action games that have interfaces that allow you to select between more than three items or weapons in realtime. The UI in FFXV is loving garbage.

And yeah it sucks poo poo that switches look like generic background props and don't get called out as interactable until you're right on top of them...and then you'll probably jump anyway.

It would also just be nice if you could pick three techniques instead of one from each because frankly I'd rather slot in Ignis's stuff.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

SectumSempra posted:

The summons can die, and leave a corpse, but they are perfectly capable of "reawakening" on their own as Shiva/Gentiana did, or being reawoken by the Oracle. Dying isn't the end for the gods, it's just like a time out. Killing Titan after you got the blessing was pointless for the Empire, because now you can incarnate him whenever you need. Same with Leviathan. That's why they tried to kill them before you made the pact, because then Luna would have to do her bit over again.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I can't wrap my head around this game. I love it but it's so full of completely bizarre poo poo.

It really is just like Nier.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

lol

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The summons can die, and leave a corpse, but they are perfectly capable of "reawakening" on their own as Shiva/Gentiana did, or being reawoken by the Oracle. Dying isn't the end for the gods, it's just like a time out. Killing Titan after you got the blessing was pointless for the Empire, because now you can incarnate him whenever you need. Same with Leviathan. That's why they tried to kill them before you made the pact, because then Luna would have to do her bit over again.

I subscribe to this line of thinking. It would explain why Shiva is way smaller than her corpse.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

ImpAtom posted:

It would also just be nice if you could pick three techniques instead of one from each because frankly I'd rather slot in Ignis's stuff.

Yep.

Like what I'm talking about for quick switching would work quite well if you could, for example, hold down a button and press up, left, or right to go to the next technique for each bro. It'd be a simple and elegant way of handling something that's very clumsy right now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Except the game specifically says that the gods dying was having an impact on the environment and Gladio treated it like a significant issue, not a time out.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just got to Chapter 14. Pretty bold to recast Keanu Reeves as Noctis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Maybe you're supposed to be using a magicite-type thing, a fragment of the gods' powers while the actual being is dead, but the game is just confusing about that

• Locked thread