Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He didn't say anything too bad; just a little post-loss hand waving. We're just riffing.

"I pull the plug on my Xbox if I'm playing NBA 2K and losing in the 4th quarter."

-Kevin Durant

Lol, some riffing going on. I feel for him now, tbf. I mean he made his bed, but it's got rocks in it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

"Sometimes moving leads to better things. This is something I know about. I don't understand all the concern, I think the move means good things for Great British Bake-Off, I think they'll have their strongest season yet."

This is ice-cold man. Even though I rationally know this is just a hypothetical Durant quote, my personal Q-score for him has gone down.

Mr. Mambold posted:

Lol, some riffing going on. I feel for him now, tbf. I mean he made his bed, but it's got rocks in it now.

No it doesn't, he's playing on a team that is the overwhelming title favorite, which is exactly what he wanted.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I would like to put this out here: if we have any talented artists I would very much want to see a commission of Westbrook as Guts, Durant as Griffith, Curry as Void, Klay as Ubik, Draymond as Conrad, and Iggy as Slan during the Eclipse. If you could do this or point me in the direction of someone that could I would appreciate it. Thank you

I have no idea what this is but would like to see it happen

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Lockback posted:

This is ice-cold man. Even though I rationally know this is just a hypothetical Durant quote, my personal Q-score for him has gone down.

No it doesn't, he's playing on a team that is the overwhelming title favorite, which is exactly what he wanted.

Might I remind you [cough]threeone[/cough] they have a dicey history of being the overwhelming favorite.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Papercut posted:

I don't see what is passive aggressive about the statement, "I don't mind hecklers, this is just entertainment."

"you’re getting a release from whatever is going on in your normal life"

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 11, 2016

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Old but entertaining account of Tony Allen at a Habitat for Humanity building site
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/27/tony-allen-memphis-grizzlies-grindfather

Look at these pictures of Myles Turner

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I would like to put this out here: if we have any talented artists I would very much want to see a commission of Westbrook as Guts, Durant as Griffith, Curry as Void, Klay as Ubik, Draymond as Conrad, and Iggy as Slan during the Eclipse. If you could do this or point me in the direction of someone that could I would appreciate it. Thank you

You could try TFFs febreeze/the farthouse as a whole. Alternatively google translate the request for that awesome thunder fan lady

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
we may have run a little far with that quote but it was like 1 AM.

Meanwhile Gordon now has 9 consecutive games with a three, the fourth longest in NBA history (Curry is the first three)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Mr. Mambold posted:

Might I remind you [cough]threeone[/cough] they have a dicey history of being the overwhelming favorite.

28 other teams wish they were so dicey. They are still the favorite even if I'd give them a 50% chance at the chip right now. I'd say Cleveland is 25% and the field is 25%. You still need to play the games but this is the biggest favourite Durant had ever played on by a long shot.

I also look forward to him getting knocked out in the second round.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

AggressivelyStupid posted:

You could try TFFs febreeze/the farthouse as a whole. Alternatively google translate the request for that awesome thunder fan lady

I'm on it. I need to see this vision realized.

Also can someone please make this avatar sized for me. Thank you in advance.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

Old but entertaining account of Tony Allen at a Habitat for Humanity building site
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/27/tony-allen-memphis-grizzlies-grindfather

Look at these pictures of Myles Turner

"Cameras, man—10, 20 cameras, man. All the news. Man, with the big scissors, too. I need them big—you gotta get them REAL BIG scissors. I need to cut. 'Ey, I want the real big scissors. Y'all gotta find me. I want them BIG scissors."

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

WhyteRyce posted:

That is literally the point of entertainment, you're all being dumb babies.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Chairchucker posted:

Actually my life is great and satisfying, but all the sports teams I like are bad and frustrating. Thesis needs work

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Papercut posted:

I don't see what is passive aggressive about the statement, "I don't mind hecklers, this is just entertainment."

Noone here likes GS here anymore so everything they do/say is shook bitchmade or sus

WhyteRyce posted:

Thats true though?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 11, 2016

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

SAS NBA2016-17 N/V: Where we psychoanalyze superstar players and one another

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

SAS NBA2016-17 N/V: Where we psychoanalyze superstar players and one another

let's talk about durant's oedipus complex

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

He still shot well last night so I don't know about his eyes, but he has said how much he loves his mother...

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Durant's recent comments about fans booing him or whatever, the same as with Lebron's almost identical comments from the past , are perfectly harmless and reasonable things for an athlete to say. They didn't say that their haters are all losers, nor did they really even imply that. Whether are lives are great or lovely, we all use sports as a distraction, that's the whole point. Y'all love to read waaaaaay too much into what players say and what that means about their personalities.

Worst you can say about Durant here is that he's just copying what Lebron said first a few years ago, which indicates low character and bitch-made status.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

chunkles posted:

Chris Kaman killed a deer in a sacred grove, so Lamar Odom's child had to die to appease Artemis and bring wind to the sails of Lebron's fleet. In this reading of the myth, KD is Paris.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The B_36 posted:

Durant's recent comments about fans booing him or whatever, the same as with Lebron's almost identical comments from the past , are perfectly harmless and reasonable things for an athlete to say. They didn't say that their haters are all losers, nor did they really even imply that. Whether are lives are great or lovely, we all use sports as a distraction, that's the whole point. Y'all love to read waaaaaay too much into what players say and what that means about their personalities.

Worst you can say about Durant here is that he's just copying what Lebron said first a few years ago, which indicates low character and bitch-made status.

Exactly. Talk is cheap. What matters is how people act.

Like joining the team that beat you.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

Noone here likes GS here anymore so everything they do/say is shook bitchmade or sus

This thread is shook as gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i hope the fans don't get into durant's head; otherwise he'll be forced to retire and join them

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only reason why lebron wasn't as hated during the heat days was because Bill simmons was still in prominent main stream and calling him a scrub that quit on his team (while having a triple double)

whatever happened to steven a smith the racist poo poo

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i hope the fans don't get into durant's head; otherwise he'll be forced to retire and join them

I ain't think there's room for them in there since LeBron and Russell take up the whole drat complex

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Who's Casca? Scott Brooks?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Who's Casca? Scott Brooks?

Steven Adams

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Jack's Flow posted:

Chris Kaman killed a deer in a sacred grove, so Lamar Odom's child had to die to appease Artemis and bring wind to the sails of Lebron's fleet. In this reading of the myth, KD is Paris.

I respect this post so much lol

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I respect this post so much lol

Everybody's a homer

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mr. Mambold posted:

Everybody's a homer

lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Chairchucker posted:

It's a passive-aggressive way of saying "my haters have crappy lives". Or another way, a passive-aggressive way of doing what LeBron pointedly did once, therefore reaffirming Durant's beta status

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
It's cool when everyone piles on the Warriors every time they lose. But when they were playing like poo poo and still stomped the clippers y'all were nowhere you be found

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

E2M2 posted:

It's cool when everyone piles on the Warriors every time they lose. But when they were playing like poo poo and still stomped the clippers y'all were nowhere you be found

drat y'all just got owned

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I keep getting confused and surprised every time I look at the standings and the Spurs are still second in the west somehow
West bad y'all

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's cool when the Warriors have good players but when they were starting Troy Murphy y'all where no where to be found.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Who knew that Joe Johnson was the 2nd most clutch player in the league??

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/775343220159111169

It's not updated for this season, it was made to demonstrate how improved PG is because this year he is 57% or something.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 11, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I keep getting confused and surprised every time I look at the standings and the Spurs are still second in the west somehow
West bad y'all

not for long boyo!!! rockets are going to prove once and for all that defense is lame

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

chunkles posted:

not for long boyo!!! rockets are going to prove once and for all that defense is lame

You really can't pull the "gently caress defense" thing when the Rockets aren't even top 10 worst

They're actually pretty average on defense

In fact they are literally 1 spot below the cavs

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

rockets are bad defenders in spirit if not in statistics. james harden still gets lost like the gluttonous children in willy wonka's chocolate factory

but they've actually moved up a few spots since I last checked, they were definitely #24 a week ago

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

E2M2 posted:

I literally only watch them when they're losing. It's too disgusting to watch otherwise. I will hold my nose and watch them in the playoffs, but otherwise I prefer watching noble mortal teams and the drama the comes with their struggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I like watching GS play basketball. I don't like when they beat my team or players on other teams that I like. Other than that, they are fun to watch. I know this is haram and I am sorry

• Locked thread