Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
turns out the white rural/small town poor are still a key voting demographic and we need their support if we ever want to regain power so let's call them degenerate sisterfucking inbreds!
-Phi230

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

nice impression of a Hillary fan before the election

lol just before? the liberals and centrists are still doing it

Serf
May 5, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Is this a really sad attempt to be funny, or just being a lovely person? I honestly can't tell.

Tezzor doesn't really get it

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
its yalls own classism that associates disillusioned white working class with nazis but hey im just a shitposter

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

turns out the white rural/small town poor are still a key voting demographic and we need their support if we ever want to regain power so let's call them degenerate sisterfucking inbreds!
-Phi230
best part is that the literally motherfuckers are the kind of people who'd never vote for "not lavos", but the neighbors who are stuck with them who are statistically much less likely to be inbred would

current idpol is counterproductively reductionist

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Phi230 posted:

its yalls own classism that associates disillusioned white working class with nazis but hey im just a shitposter

I've known shitposters, shitposters have been friends of mine, and you Phi230 are no shitposter. You're just a moron.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Tezzor why do you suck so much

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ace of Baes posted:

Imagine a future where Democrats win a wave election with gun control as a major platform plank.

I'd rather racist laws not get passed tyvm.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I've known shitposters, shitposters have been friends of mine, and you Phi230 are no shitposter. You're just a moron.

why are you so high strung that you take everything so seriously in fuckin cspam dude

youre like a grey storm cloud on this thread

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Phi230 posted:

why are you so high strung that you take everything so seriously in fuckin cspam dude
:ironicat:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
goddamnit you cucks are metaposting

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

goddamnit you cucks are metaposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5k34Bwj7Mw

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Hey, remember a few pages back, when I said:

Since apparently people miss my posts sometimes because I don't have a distinctive avatar and because I'm feeling more generous than usual, I'll post it a second time.

There will not be a third.

Let's also ban chat about healthcare and income inequality, wouldn't want to adress any reason we lost the presidential election.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
It's not like the DNCs image when it comes to gun control could have any effect in states like MI, OH, PA, or WI.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
gunchat is just evidence that the shackles of the left placed by liberal centrists have been thrown off

we are

bernie unchained

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

guns make neoliberals clutch their pearls as they give blank checks to police to buy armored personnel carriers and mortars to suppress the population

the fact that gun control was invented by racists specifically to suppress minorities buying guns is loving precious and the modern proponents of it don't understand how easily it can be used to apply only to minorities

the genie is out of the box and the only cure is a microbe that instantly rusts all metal

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

guns make neoliberals clutch their pearls as they give blank checks to police to buy armored personnel carriers and mortars to suppress the population

the fact that gun control was invented by racists specifically to suppress minorities buying guns is loving precious and the modern proponents of it don't understand how easily it can be used to apply only to minorities

the genie is out of the box and the only cure is a microbe that instantly rusts all metal

quick and pleasant reminder that the cherished CA assault weapons ban/ban on open carry was in direct response to African Americans exercising their 2nd amendment rights

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Phi230 posted:

quick and pleasant reminder that the cherished CA assault weapons ban/ban on open carry was in direct response to African Americans exercising their 2nd amendment rights
yep

delicious ferrous material

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Ace of Baes posted:

Let's also ban chat about healthcare and income inequality, wouldn't want to adress any reason we lost the presidential election.

This is actually the second relevant piece of policy subject matter we aren't allowed to talk about, so we're getting there.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
life comes at you fast

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

like seriously this is politics, if you aren't willing to use bullshit terms and pandering to the lowest common denominator to get your agenda accomplished then why are you even playing the game

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

-Phi230

Serf
May 5, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

This is actually the second relevant piece of policy subject matter we aren't allowed to talk about, so we're getting there.

this thread in 6 months:

capitalism... good?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

"displacing tons of working class people including minorities into the ocean is good, actually"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Joementum posted:

life comes at you fast

is this supposed to be a gotcha

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

is this supposed to be a gotcha

you've got got

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Joementum posted:

life comes at you fast

This uh... what exactly are you pointing out here?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as goofy as it sounds, i've been trying to come up with something for, at the very least, building a sense of community in my area.

calling it the 'cornbread coalition.' the idea is to have regular meetings with free soupbeans and cornbread for attendees to talk about problems they're facing and brainstorm on solutions or find the people and resources who could help them out. at the very least, giving them a sympathetic ear into which they can grouse.

so far, i've managed to get four local people on board, but actually putting anything together is something a little different. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

as goofy as it sounds, i've been trying to come up with something for, at the very least, building a sense of community in my area.

calling it the 'cornbread coalition.' the idea is to have regular meetings with free soupbeans and cornbread for attendees to talk about problems they're facing and brainstorm on solutions or find the people and resources who could help them out. at the very least, giving them a sympathetic ear into which they can grouse.

so far, i've managed to get four local people on board, but actually putting anything together is something a little different. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it's going to be Dem affilitiated, you can try asking for organization advice in the DPP thread

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GlyphGryph posted:

This uh... what exactly are you pointing out here?

I honestly don't know what Joementum is trying to say unless his reading comprehension has completely gone to poo poo. Both those posts are completely consistent with each other I'm pretty sure :confused:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Like seriously I don't understand how he doesn't grasp the underlying message which is that even if you think a group are despicable morons you shouldn't, as a general rule, call them despicable morons to their faces if you want them to support you.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Like seriously I don't understand how he doesn't grasp the underlying message that even if you think a group are despicable morons you shouldn't, as a general rule, call them despicable morons to their faces if you want them to support you.

those 2 posts meant literally the same thing so its just Joementum being Joementum

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
like seriously if Tezzor and Joementum are trying to RP as die hard Hillary apologists I guess that's fine but I really don't see the point apart from nihilistic laughs... oh, wait, I get it now

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Ace of Baes posted:

Gun control might be worth discussing, had it been at all a major issue in the outcome of the election (it wasn't, and I can't think of a time it even came up at all outside of Boosted's perpetual whining), or if there was any indication it would be a useful or even non-suicidal path for the Democrats to take (it isn't). Gunchat is the sort of mindless babbling about "stopping power" of various handguns and whether to bury a mosin or an AK in anticipation of the revolution that even more than the previous subject inevitably devolves into the worst kind of shitshow, a point you missed worse than a Ruger Mini-14 over open sights.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

like seriously if Tezzor and Joementum are trying to RP as die hard Hillary apologists I guess that's fine but I really don't see the point apart from nihilistic laughs... oh, wait, I get it now

like dude I went on a "burn down the capitalist system" meltdown like yesterday and you think I'm a hill apologist?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Gun control might be worth discussing, had it been at all a major issue in the outcome of the election (it wasn't, and I can't think of a time it even came up at all outside of Boosted's perpetual whining), or if there was any indication it would be a useful or even non-suicidal path for the Democrats to take (it isn't). Gunchat is the sort of mindless babbling about "stopping power" of various handguns and whether to bury a mosin or an AK in anticipation of the revolution that even more than the previous subject inevitably devolves into the worst kind of shitshow, a point you missed worse than a Ruger Mini-14 over open sights.

So are you saying we can discuss gun controls place in the DNC platform or not?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

So can gun control discussion continue then? We might disagree about whether it was a major issue but it is certainly the reason a lot of rural folks i know dont vote dem, and its an area the party should work on changing its image if it wants to gather more votes in rural states at all levels of government, something it does desperately need to do

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Phi230 posted:

like dude I went on a "burn down the capitalist system" meltdown like yesterday and you think I'm a hill apologist?

I am convinced everyone involved in this discussion is being pretty dumb

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Phi230 posted:

Apparently I'm also a Clinton apologist because I think hiring message consultants to talk down to people he can't help calling the "lowest common denominator" is a bad idea.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

The accusation of Joe being a clinton apologist is probably the dumbest bit though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Ace of Baes posted:

So are you saying we can discuss gun controls place in the DNC platform or not?

If you can find a way to make a relevant argument as to why it'd be a good idea for the Democrats to pursue (which it should be obvious I have my doubts about), and not devolve into dumb gunwank or reflexive "you elitist hate freedom and want everyone disarmed so the blue helmets can take over" vs "lol more like tiny penis-havers who only get erect when there's a mass shooting" garbage, then yes.

If however things go the way they usually do with gun- or gun control debates, I won't be issuing any more warnings because I've seen too many threads ruined in that way.

GlyphGryph posted:

The accusation of Joe being a clinton apologist is probably the dumbest bit though

:agreed:

• Locked thread