Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Proton, if you ever rewatch DBZA, turn the captions on.

*Cell screaming in D*
*Cell screaming in G*
*Cell screaming in C*

Awwwww I wish I had known this when I had first watched it a few weeks ago. :(

Oh well might as well start over!

edit: Ohhhh I am become error

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I absolutely adore dragon ball when it's about the gang doing an everyday activity so yeah this episode ruled.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 12, 2016

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This episode was mondo cool.
That's right boys, MONDO COOL.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just watched the episode and goddamn that was good. everything about yamcha was pitch perfect

the fly on the ball is an underappreciated joke in this thread imo

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

actually, the underappreciated joke is krillin with two catchers mitts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I have to admit that I made a noise that I feel a 30 year old man watching Japanese cartoons shouldn't make out loud when that happened, but I was just so happy. This whole episode was great.

I had to pause this part because I started laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes and couldn't read the subs. I expected it to be a 'Yamcha stole home while you were fighting' joke but I 100% was caught off guard by not only the pose but the reference to 'hey this looks familiar' everyone had.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
The Yamcha spinoff manga is loving awesome. Awakened potential Yamcha :vince:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Veg posted:

The Yamcha spinoff manga is loving awesome. Awakened potential Yamcha :vince:

i cant wait to see where that dumb thing goes. someone needs to translate it all asap

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I fell asleep and forgot to watch but everything I'm reading is giving me a grin. Maybe my friend who hates super will like this episode. If he doesn't it's time to sever.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Manatee Cannon posted:

just watched the episode and goddamn that was good. everything about yamcha was pitch perfect

the fly on the ball is an underappreciated joke in this thread imo

Maybe they're just going to kill a Doctor Slump character every episode for a while?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Well we know Goku dies next episode. He's kind of a Doctor Slump character.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Member when Yamcha died haha

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Edit: On a related note, is this the first American dub to use the name Usagi, or has Sailor Moon gotten a new dub since DiC?

Viz has been redubbing it for DVDs for the past couple of years, I think.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Well we know Goku dies next episode. He's kind of a Doctor Slump character.

We don't know that.

______________He doesn't___________________

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

We don't know that.

______________He doesn't___________________

I'm guessing Goku dies but like in a way where his heart gets restarted a minute later or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Goku has already died twice before, it's not really that big of a deal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's gonna be a fakeout and also hit will be there to help goku against the real assailant

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I mean, he might die even though it's unlikely, but the episode description for the episode after next week is a continuation of the fight between Hit and Goku, so he's not dead next week at least.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He dies for realsies, but no one cares and once we see their blasé reaction there's a time skip to 6 months later as a clearly annoyed Shenlong is used to wish him back after 6 months training in the after life while Goku waits at a revolving door.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Literally doesn't matter Goku trains in the after life more than he does in the real world and he has a wish on standby.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think Hit is going to kill Goku inside the next few episodes with the full and unrestrained power of his Stand 「World 6」 and then some hosed up poo poo is going to go down whilst he's stuck on the benches and Gohan is going to have to step up and make his long awaited return. What would Super even be if Goku didn't spend at least one major arc out of action for 80% of the fights anyway?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Goku's obviously gonna do his new best buddy a solid and let him kill him, because they can just use the Dragon Balls to undo it. Hit gets paid. Goku gets to bug King Kai some more. Everyone wins!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

The Bee posted:

Goku's obviously gonna do his new best buddy a solid and let him kill him, because they can just use the Dragon Balls to undo it. Hit gets paid. Goku gets to bug King Kai some more. Everyone wins!

Hit has to earn it tho. Goku doesn't do freebies.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the preview is a bait-and-switch, that last scene where Goku dies is the first scene of the episode, and the rest of the scenes happen after they revive him

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

The Bee posted:

King Kai is going to be so pissed when Goku gets revived before him again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This was definitely the funniest episode of Dragon Ball Super and possibly Dragon Ball in general ever. Also, Yamcha's Wolf Fang Spirit Ball pitch was awesome as hell. He's found the perfect calling for his useless technique: cheating at baseball.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
There's no rule against it?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Yea, basically seems like throwing a curve ball or something to me. You're just throwing in such a way that the ball moves in a manner the batter is ideally not able to anticipate, but which he can hit if he's good enough since even if Yamcha changes the direction of the ball Goku or someone fast enough would still be able to observe it and presumably be fast enough to hit it regardless.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He switched the direction halfway into Champa's bat swing. That's straight up loving cheating. In a for funsies match it's fine but he should be banned from the big leagues if he ever does that to win a real game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

There's no rules against the use of Ki. This is outright stated in the episode.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Are you suggesting it's impossible to change the trajectory of a swing once it's begun?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

tsob posted:

Are you suggesting it's impossible to change the trajectory of a swing once it's begun?

In real life? Not really. In a land were you can infuse a ball with magic, probably.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yamcha cheats in real matches against regular humans and is lauded as a professional player for it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Yamcha cheats in real matches against regular humans and is lauded as a professional player for it.

I'm proud of him.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's not cheating because if loving Yamcha can do it then we can rest assured that anyone could learn to do the same with some dedicated practice.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If using ki in baseball is cheating then so was using it on the tourney.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
There are literally no rules in any sports league about anything involving super powers.

I mean the second anyone actually obtains superpowers and dominates the league(anyone who could fly would break 2.5 of the 4 major sports leagues ) rules would be implemented. but poo poo if they never implement rules to stop it it's just a dude who can put a ton of loving spin on the ball to cause a late direction change.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm proud of yamcha for finally finding a use for his otherwise utterly useless spirit ball technique

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
gently caress all of you and your Air Bud "if it's not in the rulebook then it's legal!" poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It isn't Yamcha's fault those other scrubs can't figure out something innate to all human beings. What next, you're saying people should run slower because those other craplords can't keep up?

• Locked thread