Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Matt Moore is a better QB than Ryan Tannehill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Matt Moore is a better QB than Ryan Tannehill

he'll get his chance to prove you right

you aren't

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wouldn't be upset if I was a fins fan anyway, even with your big money WR injured the corps is good enough to pick up the slack

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

That sounds awful oh my god :gonk:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I wouldn't be upset if I was a fins fan anyway, even with your big money WR injured the corps is good enough to pick up the slack

I get this joke

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Man the Jets can't even tank right. And Petty is terrible.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

mcmagic posted:

Man the Jets can't even tank right. And Petty is terrible.

I legit think the Jets would have clobbered the 49ers if Fitz started. Not because Fitz is good, but because Fitz at least has an internal clock. Petty got sacked like 6 times and each time was because he just held onto the ball for ages and each sack killed a drive.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's time

to hack

the NFL

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Febreeze posted:

I legit think the Jets would have clobbered the 49ers if Fitz started. Not because Fitz is good, but because Fitz at least has an internal clock. Petty got sacked like 6 times and each time was because he just held onto the ball for ages and each sack killed a drive.

He also had like three completions that were basically dead ducks that his WR made a decent play on. There was nothing on his throws most of the day.

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's time

to hack

the NFL

That was the worst quarterbacked game I've ever seen. And I've had Rutgers season tickets for 12 years so you can imagine the horrible QB play I've seen.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Titans have a winning record in December for the first time since 2011 and also are sitting on a top 5 draft pick.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ehud posted:

Cool, does the best OL and RB in the NFL come with him?

It's hilarious to me that you want the guy who is propped up by the best supporting cast in football while you are also hypercritical of Tannehill because he cannot overcome four years of the worst offensive line in the league.

I just call Tannehill what he is: a mediocre QB who is never going to win a big game in his career. I'm sorry your over-sensitivity and fear of a return to Cleo Lemon make you think he is actually good. I feel like maybe he was coming on finally, but he left a lot of points on the field this season and that backwards pass for -21 yards? i mean, thanks for all the fish Tannehill, you were a tough mofo, but go be inconsistent for Jacksonville or San Francisco.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm stunned PFZ somehow thinks this year has done anything but prove how absolutely wrong he is lol

I thought it was impossible for you to be any dumber than you were posting about basketball but nope here we are again with the dumbest mother fucker in the forums continuing to pretend he has the faintest clue as to what he's talking about

I've been wrong. When? Yeah, you're full of poo poo and uninteresting. Try to be better.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

I feel like maybe he was coming on finally,

Stopped reading here glad we came to an agreement

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Titans have a winning record in December for the first time since 2011 and also are sitting on a top 5 draft pick.

Under Mike Mularky of all people.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

PantsFreeZone posted:

I've been wrong. When? Yeah, you're full of poo poo and uninteresting. Try to be better.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Dubious posted:

The Vikings Won I am happy

Stop running up the gut for 1 yard or a loss pls tia

I'm still trying to process the game.

They won: Good.
They still struggled, and against a 2-10 team: Not so good.

At the very least the offensive line didn't look like utter crap. Again, against a 2-10 team so....

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo just saw the Rex Ryan postgame int.

That denial was so thin it actually cut atoms in half. :stare: If only his halfwit brother was going with him.

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm still trying to process the game.

They won: Good.
They still struggled, and against a 2-10 team: Not so good.

At the very least the offensive line didn't look like utter crap. Again, against a 2-10 team so....

They were led to victory by a one-eyed wisened man. There's nothing more :black101: than that.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Tannehill is 28, is it time to draft a replacement? He'll be drat near 30 by the time he starts again and the fins will be basement dwellers in a trash division for the next 5 years.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Waroduce posted:

Tannehill is 28, is it time to draft a replacement? He'll be drat near 30 by the time he starts again and the fins will be basement dwellers in a trash division for the next 5 years.

When Tannehill doesn't have a historically bad OL, he is above average and arguably very good or however you want to parse the semantics. Point is, you can win with Tannehill as long as you have at least a mediocre offensive line.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Waroduce posted:

I'd imagine Gase will be on the look out for a QB he can draft for the future in the next few years. As much punishment as Tannehill has taken it is amazing that he hasn't missed a start. But a blown knee is going to be rough to come back from.

On the other hand I expect Tannebaum to poo poo the bed in the draft or overpay for a position we don't need in free agency.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It all depends on how bad the injury is. ACL injuries can vary widely in terms of recovery time.

Gase will stick with Tannehill if the recovery time makes it possible. Bottom line is they went 7-1, Tannehill had a 101.9 QB rating during this stretch and was playing better than he's ever played in his career. Gase won't walk away from that.

And hey, all it took was no longer playing behind Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner and no longer playing for a coach who actively tries to replace you and won't even let you check out of a play :thumbsup:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ACL injuries are nothing.

Unless you're a fatass like kelvin.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Can't wait to read all the lovely Ciara takes tomorrow, guys

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

This is the full Pacman video btw: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18258266

Sure sounds like Pryor was talking poo poo out there for some reason. A SUBURBS kid from PITTSBURGH

Another guy from Pittsburgh trolled Pacman Jones into acting a fool? Well, I never

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm stunned PFZ somehow thinks this year has done anything but prove how absolutely wrong he is lol

I thought it was impossible for you to be any dumber than you were posting about basketball but nope here we are again with the dumbest mother fucker in the forums continuing to pretend he has the faintest clue as to what he's talking about

This is the way the insane quarterback hating poster works. Back in his slightly less irritating iteration Parmesan Basil blamed Alex Smith--and Alex Smith alone--for the Chiefs playoff loss to the Colts. In that game Jamaal Charles went down very early in the first quarter, his back up who isn't even that good (although we didn't realize it yet) went down later in the game. Despite that the Chiefs built a 28 point lead on a 30/46, 378 yard day by Smith, with 4 TDs and no INTs. Throwing to a not quite dead Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery, Junior Hemingway, Dexter McCluster and AJ Jenkins. Those 0 interceptions must have blown the lead in Parm's mind.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is they will flat out refuse to give the slightest credit to a player they dislike for whatever reason.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

shirts and skins posted:

Can't wait to read all the lovely Ciara takes tomorrow, guys

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

This is the way the insane quarterback hating poster works. Back in his slightly less irritating iteration Parmesan Basil blamed Alex Smith--and Alex Smith alone--for the Chiefs playoff loss to the Colts. In that game Jamaal Charles went down very early in the first quarter, his back up who isn't even that good (although we didn't realize it yet) went down later in the game. Despite that the Chiefs built a 28 point lead on a 30/46, 378 yard day by Smith, with 4 TDs and no INTs. Throwing to a not quite dead Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery, Junior Hemingway, Dexter McCluster and AJ Jenkins. Those 0 interceptions must have blown the lead in Parm's mind.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is they will flat out refuse to give the slightest credit to a player they dislike for whatever reason.

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around it beyond sheer stubbornness. Everyone thinks Ajayi is the reason Miami is winning games. In reality the Dolphins' offense has been carried by Tannehill since the week 8 bye.

https://twitter.com/omarsmistakes/status/808157360195829764

Don't get me wrong, Ajayi is really good (a ton of those yards are after contact), but Tannehill and the passing game have been more directly responsible for wins, especially since Pouncey went out.

Moore will need to play better than he's ever played in his career or Miami won't win another game.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Feels like the 2010 Packers, complete with a stupid number of injuries. Hopefully we can catch up to Detroit before Week 17 and make that the winner-take-all game.

Amazing that Russell Wilson hadn't lost by 10+ points except to us. And glad we made that number a little bigger. Hoping that our injuries aren't too bad, looked like Cook busted a rib on that one, Cobb/Rodgers/Matthews look like they'll just put duct tape on them for next week.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Passer rating is a hollow indicator. Split those stats in 6 and you get an acceptable rate of performance, nothing worth writing home about

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
The Cowboys' playcalling on offense was loving garbage. Our defense played their best game of the season and got nothing to show for it. *sigh*

At least the Seahawks lost, so it's mostly a wash.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Cowboys haven't lost yet...

Sucks if Cook broke a rib. He was really coming on as a weapon.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That is the worst 9-4 team in NFL history.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the 1999 jaguars went 0-3 against the titans and 15-0 against everyone else

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Giants actually closed out another close game. Thank god

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Giants have a superbowl defense even without JPP.

They also have the worst OL in the NFL and only one receiver who can get open, but that D will keep them in any game.

Ereck Flowers is the worst player in the league and the sooner Will Beatty takes over, the sooner the Giants actually have a chance at making a real run.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/SeanYuille/status/808167630951550976

Do I dare to dream? :ohdear:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Iodised QQ posted:

Giants have a superbowl defense even without JPP.

They also have the worst OL in the NFL and only one receiver who can get open, but that D will keep them in any game.

Ereck Flowers is the worst player in the league and the sooner Will Beatty takes over, the sooner the Giants actually have a chance at making a real run.

No they don't. They are a mediocre team that just happens to match up well vs the Cowboys. The steelers blew them off the field last week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am going to be the loudest, angriest Bucs fan next week. #SiegeTheDay

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

mcmagic posted:

No they don't. They are a mediocre team that just happens to match up well vs the Cowboys. The steelers blew them off the field last week.

Look man I'm sorry that your future is in the hands of Bryce Petty and the Hack but please don't take out your frustration on innocent old me and my good and cool team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

mcmagic posted:

That is the worst 9-4 team in NFL history.

You could make the argument that they aren't even the worst 9-4 team this season.

• Locked thread