Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Me neither, but I can confidently say that I never want to meet them in a dark alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Another Allison who wants to be king of the cosmos

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

Me neither, but I can confidently say that I never want to meet them in a dark alley.

who do you want to meet in a dark alley

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

ThaumPenguin posted:

mr. rogers

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Substitute Mr. Mcfeely and this actually happened. I think I still have his autograph somewhere.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I dunno, I think I'd be somewhat unsettled about meeting something donning the appearance of a man I know to be dead.

In an alley.

In the dark.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You get met in a dark alley by Mr. Rogers, Mr. Hooper, and Bob Ross.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how terrified are you?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ThaumPenguin posted:

I dunno, I think I'd be somewhat unsettled about meeting something donning the appearance of a man I know to be dead.

In an alley.

In the dark.
this is the form that was deemed to be most comforting to you

(head slowly twists around 180 degrees, tilts backwards and crabwalks at you)

won't you be our neighbor

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

In an alley.

In the dark.

you know mr. rogers to be dead?
did you see a body??
were you there at the time???

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

you know mr. rogers to be dead?
did you see a body??
were you there at the time???

Yes, absolutely.

For a given value of "there", anyway.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

Another Allison who wants to be king of the cosmos

that allison would be improved by being more a furious idiot tbh

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Reach Clevin through violence.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ThaumPenguin posted:

Purveyors of certain kinds of good that aren't the good kind

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Oxxidation posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

oh poo poo

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Poison Mushroom posted:

You get met in a dark alley by Mr. Rogers, Mr. Hooper, and Bob Ross.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how terrified are you?

1 because it means it's the rapture and I'm getting the express ticket to hang out w/ the chanting nerds around god's throne

Oxxidation posted:

becomes an ardent pacifist

Calef
Aug 21, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

The sanctioned action is to sever

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Oxxidation posted:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Why did you Ruin my thread??????

Oxxidation posted:

Well gently caress.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I want to appreciate this hilarious looking tangent but I have no idea what is going on.

I think I'm doing it right.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I like SFP *and* Unsounded *and* KSBD.

What do I win?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

you win a "horrible mutant" card, you horrible mutant

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

What do I win?

nothing

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mile'ionaha posted:

What do I win?

Having a regular, varied supply of comics you enjoy. :)

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Having a regular, varied supply of comics you enjoy. :)

Yay!

Also, I like being a horrible feminist mutant. It's pretty rad.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Royalty is a continuous Cleving motion

Edit:

Goddamnit, Oxx's is so much better

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 12, 2016

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Benson Cunningham posted:

I would really be cool with Zaid never becoming an important character. He sucks from what we've seen so far, and he would ruin this all girl, rat queens style posse we get to follow around.

He's had less than ten sentences throughout the comic, basically more an object than a person at this point. Saying that he sucks enough that you don't want the guy that's the False/Original Heir, whose retrieval is Allison's sole stated objective, to have any role in the plot; that's kind of hilarious when you compare him to the dozens of legitimately terrible, awful people, literal rapists and slavers and mass murderers, that the audience have been introduced to and want to see more of.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mile'ionaha posted:

Yay!

Also, I like being a horrible feminist mutant. It's pretty rad.

It is good that you are pro-feminism but the time spent reading SFP could be better spent on almost anything else. It is a very poorly written comic that asked some very interesting questions once upon a time, but then realized that telling a story might require them to actually take a position on those questions and poo poo what if we're wrong I dunno.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hiveminded posted:

that's kind of hilarious when you compare him to the dozens of legitimately terrible, awful people, literal rapists and slavers and mass murderers, that the audience have been introduced to and want to see more of.
i would read a whole comic about the giant demon baby

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hiveminded posted:

He's had less than ten sentences throughout the comic, basically more an object than a person at this point. Saying that he sucks enough that you don't want the guy that's the False/Original Heir, whose retrieval is Allison's sole stated objective, to have any role in the plot; that's kind of hilarious when you compare him to the dozens of legitimately terrible, awful people, literal rapists and slavers and mass murderers, that the audience have been introduced to and want to see more of.

yeah but he's awkward at sex and therefore goons are primed to see themselves in him, natural hate object.

Avshalom posted:

i would read a whole comic about the giant demon baby

same

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
just crawling around, looking pissed, destroying poo poo

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yo can people talking about sfp gently caress off and talk about sfp in its thread?
otherwise im going to throw a childish as gently caress fit and close the thread fo a couple of hours.

inshallah,

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Avshalom posted:

just crawling around, looking pissed, destroying poo poo

still got that bird dude clutched in one hand the whole time, hammering him around like a plastic rattle

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Hiveminded posted:

Your ill thought out stance compels a diatribe, but I will limit myself.

1. If you think you can't get strong characterization from minimal screen time, I have no clue what to tell you. Length on camera means only little compared to theming, narration, style, tone, and story telling.

2. The rapists, slavers, and mass murders (speaking generally) are not protagonists. Only one of them is, and that's Cio, whose identity and self in relation to being a murderer/slaver is her primary driving force. The rest are the antagonists, and are fascinating besides the fact that they murder, enslave, and rape- none of which has any relation to Zaid.

3. I'm fine with him having a role in the plot as frozen man statue- being a mcguffin is perfect for him.

4. I'm not the rest of the audience so I guess I won't speak for them? But those demiurges, thorn knights, and super mercenaries are all more interesting and neato than Zaid already, and it's fun to see them get exploded and fight. Zaid already exists as a character, and to date, his character is boring and lame. Yes, you can 180 him, but I just haven't been made to give a poo poo about him by the story thus far.

You can just say, "I like Zaid and want to see more of him." You can have a different opinion about something nonfactual instead of doing a poo poo job trying (and failing) to tell someone else they are wrong.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So when Cio uses the scissors to fix Allison's hair do you think they'll still be magical?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

1. If you think you can't get strong characterization from minimal screen time, I have no clue what to tell you. Length on camera means only little compared to theming, narration, style, tone, and story telling.

2. The rapists, slavers, and mass murders (speaking generally) are not protagonists. Only one of them is, and that's Cio, whose identity and self in relation to being a murderer/slaver is her primary driving force. The rest are the antagonists, and are fascinating besides the fact that they murder, enslave, and rape- none of which has any relation to Zaid.

3. I'm fine with him having a role in the plot as frozen man statue- being a mcguffin is perfect for him.

4. I'm not the rest of the audience so I guess I won't speak for them? But those demiurges, thorn knights, and super mercenaries are all more interesting and neato than Zaid already, and it's fun to see them get exploded and fight. Zaid already exists as a character, and to date, his character is boring and lame. Yes, you can 180 him, but I just haven't been made to give a poo poo about him by the story thus far.

You can just say, "I like Zaid and want to see more of him." You can have a different opinion about something nonfactual instead of doing a poo poo job trying (and failing) to tell someone else they are wrong.

Lol you can't handle a character who's objectively one of the more interesting ones

The creepy frat dude's reaction to a vast universe of magic kung fu demons will be cool to read.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 12, 2016

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

By this metric, Zaid is one of the most interesting characters in the comic, next to Allison herself.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Zaid is (or was) a normal human guy from Earth-Boring whose only interaction with anyone or anything in the comic was an awkward pre-sex scene that lasted about three pages. Then we see him swept off by murder angels, mid-shout and arm stretching out to Allison from the grasp of his captor like some kind of Disney damsel-in-distress, and then nothing -- literally his only relation to the story is as an object, despite the very introduction of the comic being a traumatic separation between two people that are literally screaming and grasping for each other in the midst of their descent into a nightmare-world punctuated by a horde of spiky monsters astride other monsters. And then, suddenly, we should care nothing about one of these two, when the separation and abduction are the very catalyst for the entire rest of the comic? If Zaid was a woman and Allison was a dude, would it be acceptable or appropriate at all to the themes of the comic and our sensibilities as an audience for Zaida to be a "macguffin" that gets no characterisation or agency?

It's hypocrisy and premature judgment. I have literally no opinions of Zaid, and I don't understand how anyone in the audience can have any substantial opinion of him when he's done and said virtually nothing, but that doesn't change the fact that the plot itself revolves around what both he and Allison are, and their separation. Allison's infinitely "better characterised" racial-diversity-poster sorority sisters called him "kind of a creep", though, so I guess we as an audience need to trust that Zaid is a rapist with no redeeming features, and also that he's a boring character that should stay a boring character (despite already being established as perhaps the most important character to the plot after Allison herself), and also that he's kind of just a plain twenty-something vaguely-white male which is just ewww.

e: Also, "Your ill thought out stance compels a diatribe"? Seriously?

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
There really isn't much to say about Zaid at this point but he's going to be a character so suck it up.

Who What Now posted:

So when Cio uses the scissors to fix Allison's hair do you think they'll still be magical?

Yeah but just red stringy magic, not the white glowy kind.