Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

Don't you run into the problem where because one side of the comic is thicker than the other the stack starts to tilt and then you have to start a new stack?

I'll take a picture of what's going on when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

Marville
Youngblood
New Teen Titans Anti-Drug PSA

I probably have the first year of Youngblood in my dad's attic somewhere. Most of early Image, in fact. All that poo poo was bagged and boarded too.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

If you just make sure the stack is up against the empty pizza boxes it's fine.

If you leave the crusts in the box you get a better weight by stack ratio on the pizza boxes

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

If you just make sure the stack is up against the empty pizza boxes it's fine.

I think I saw an episode of Hoarders that gave me some good ideas.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

CapnAndy posted:

Don't you run into the problem where because one side of the comic is thicker than the other the stack starts to tilt and then you have to start a new stack?
Well obviously you have to flip them around every 20 books or so to even it out.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

UPS didn't mess up shipping this week, so I got last week and this week's comics today.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
If you're fans of Tiny Titans, that creative team is doing Little Archie next year. I'll be happy if they draw even a little bit from the old adventures where Little Archie frequently went up against an evil time travelling doctor (named Doctor Doom!) who travels with his companion in a booth.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

All who know fear street will burn at the touch of the Man Thing!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Steve Gerber spinning in his grave.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Lurdiak posted:

Steve Gerber spinning in his grave.

To be fair, considering Ol' Steve's general temperament I'd be amazed if he didn't start spinning at the moment of his death and hasn't stopped since.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I hope to be buried in some kind of centrifuge personally

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I want Kanye West to write a comic.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Roth posted:

I want Kanye West to write a comic.

He wrote the introduction to the hardcover release of Final Incal. He also may not have read Final Incal, or any of The Incal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been going through every single thing I own since our fire and I found this folded up in a box of comic shirts I no longer wear. I went through a hilarious phase where I only wore oversized clothes so this XL shirt I've owned for like 19 years still doesn't fit me!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I used to have the T-shirt, but it ran small, so I eventually put on too much weight for the large to fit comfortably. :(

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

RandallODim posted:

He also may not have read Final Incal, or any of The Incal.

He's pretty much living it though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://spacetwinks.itch.io/the-problems-with-comics

Here's an essay somebody wrote about the comics industry and sales. Don't worry about the price, you can just set it for free if you'd like.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

How's it going duders.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've been sick the last few days with particularly agonizing pain today. But, on the plus side, no more fever, and it's surprisingly easy to rattle through media when you're laid up sick and can't concentrate enough to give a gently caress. I watched a bit of The Walking Dead yesterday and my conclusion was that it was emotionally manipulative grimdark bullshit, but Daryl is cool and good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

How's it going duders.

We thought you were dead

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He got three events into his Bendis Avengers read and just woke from the coma.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rhyno posted:

We thought you were dead
He was just in support cast limbo.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Embarrassingly I've had to watch a bunch of TV and I also fell back into the mobile puzzle game I've quit twice before.

Teenage Fansub posted:

He got three events into his Bendis Avengers read and just woke from the coma.

Heh, I'm barely keeping up with my current pulls.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Embarrassingly I've had to watch a bunch of TV and I also fell back into the mobile puzzle game I've quit twice before.
Hit me, I need something else now that I'm nearly done with Sailor Moon Drops and Deus Ex GO.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Puzzle and Dragons. Beware, it's a FtP game but it's actually really super hella good. I've been playing it off-and-on for three years now, it's really insanely deep and fun.

Has the worst onboarding ever though.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Oh, god no, I tried the Mario one and it was my second worst 3DS purchase. Thanks, though.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I took today off because I had a spare holiday day and those don't roll over into next year but now I'm paranoid that I didn't book the day off properly and have just skipped work.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Puzzle and Dragons. Beware, it's a FtP game but it's actually really super hella good. I've been playing it off-and-on for three years now, it's really insanely deep and fun.

Has the worst onboarding ever though.

Oh man. P&D is your phone crack? That game is pretty good.

Marvel Future Fight is my phone crack.
It is a surprisingly good FtP game with looks of content and you do lots of grinding which i love. The deva for the game are pretty good about giving out free stuff. I spend $4 a month on it, but think of it as an mmo subscription. 😬

Been trying DC Legends the last two months. The game is not good. It has all of the worst qualities of FtP games. Only reason I'm still grinding away at it is that it takes 5 minutes to play every few hours.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I just got sucked into Star Trek Timelines, but I'm already feeling remorse for the couple of quid I've thrown at it, so it'll probably be off my tablet by New Year.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Starsnostars posted:

I took today off because I had a spare holiday day and those don't roll over into next year but now I'm paranoid that I didn't book the day off properly and have just skipped work.

Living the dream. Go on some Ferris Bueller shenanigan.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have a question about the show Smallville that spun off from a conversation in the Touching Panels thread: Apparently, Tom Welling is a huge douche. Not that I want to dispute that, but apparently he did not want to wear the costume for the shows run. I always though that the no costume thing was some sort of mandate by the CW or something. Then again, the last seasons had the damned JSA appear in costume.

So was it a mandate or were they just working around an actor? I am guessing it is something in the middle, where they started off with a 'no costume' rule, decided to relax it at some point, but Welling did not play.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The show creators and original showrunners had a "No tights, no flight" rule. It was them, not the network.

But they didn't stick around for the whole run, and for the finale the current showrunners wanted Clark in the suit. Welling wouldn't do it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, he refused to wear the suit in the finale where he becomes Superman. He was such an rear end about it that they had to use a body double for the scene when he flies up to the plane window and a CGI cape when he's floating in space. The S shield in the final shot was reportedly held on with double sided tape.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Come play shadow wars, we need more active players in goonamancers. This week is going to suck because I moved us into a higher level vs league so we won't get another 12k payout of currency at the end of it, but next week will be better. Plus, even without that payout, the game is very liberal with handing out free currency. Really fun gem match game.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

The show creators and original showrunners had a "No tights, no flight" rule. It was them, not the network.

But they didn't stick around for the whole run, and for the finale the current showrunners wanted Clark in the suit. Welling wouldn't do it.

And even that was broken as he flew when he was under the influence of red kryptonite

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

And even that was broken as he flew when he was under the influence of red kryptonite

Did he fly under Red K? He flew when Jor-El rewrote him into Kal-El. And he floated that one time in the first season I think.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I mean it makes sense for the initial season 1 pitch of "Superman while he was still figuring things out and not a full fledged superhero yet" to not have the tights or flying yet, but it got really, really stupid when the show was 7 seasons in and he was graduated from high school, living on his own in Metropolis and fighting world threatening forces and teaming up with other DC heroes and yet still refused to be Superman.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The first few seasons of Smallville were pretty good, I have fond memories of that era.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's because most of those episodes had Lex in them, aka the only good thing about that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

That's because most of those episodes had Lex in them, aka the only good thing about that show.

You forgot Lionel!

• Locked thread