Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I was really confused for a moment because the golden hair was missing.

drat we're pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

That's not a proper Gen 1 parody, it's not nearly ugly enough.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Alacron posted:

That's not a proper Gen 1 parody, it's not nearly ugly enough.

Just for you

:3:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You're a beautiful creature and I love you.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Got any Grimer?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Get in the bag.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

IMJack posted:

Get in the bag.

I think that would be illegal.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AND THEY STAY THERE

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I think that would be illegal.

So you're saying there'd be too much legal baggage?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Winnie the Pooh and Predator too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IMJack posted:

Get in the bag.

https://twitter.com/Kamiyana1/status/806384905882046464

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://gfycat.com/AblePhonyGoshawk

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Put the drat thing in a pokeball, problem solved.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Would you like the move the payload?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

HEY! :catstare:

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I think I've held onto this for long enough. It's time to show the world.

So prefacing here: I live about an hour out from Warm Springs GA, a strange town with a history due to President Roosevelt staying there back in the day for his polio treatments. It's got a very bizarre layout for any town, and the weirdest being the courtyard area. there's murals of cartoon characters decades old, walkways built on top of the old walkways, tiny buildings that can't hold but maybe 4 people max in their space, busineses running up against other businesses, you name it. There's even a motorcycle 'museum' that has a full scale wicker motorcycle for christ's sake. Absolutely strange town.
But there's one thing that continues to to be possibly the UGLIEST thing i've ever seen.

loving nightmarishly ugly height measure. the first time I saw it, some kid with his family saw it from far away, said 'I wanna see how tall I am!' And as he got closer his face went from a smile to a blank stare, finally slowing to a stop in front of it and disappointingly muttering '...no I don't.'
That's how awful this is, that even scares children. it's like this thing they leave up probably because some old well-meaning housewife probably lovingly crafted this cthulhu monster and then died later, possibly from staring into it's multi-faceted hell eyes for too long. The town must feel obligated to keep the demon in the courtyard, like a silent totem to ward off spirits less vile than it.

But that's not why we're here.
Years ago when i took that picture, i showed it to a friend of mine from Malaysia, and they then drew something amazing/horrifying.

I UNINTENTIONALLY BROUGHT THIS INTO EXISTENCE, SO NOW YOU HAVE TO SEE IT.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Diabetes Forecast posted:

I UNINTENTIONALLY BROUGHT THIS INTO EXISTENCE, SO NOW YOU HAVE TO SEE IT.

:cenobite: love me father

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ah jeeze

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Well, okay then.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Cue dozens of people from imgur and / or tumblr calling you mean things and wailing for reminding them (for the umpteenth time) of what happened in an anime, as if it were their personal 9/11 or something.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
No idea what you guys are talking about with that image.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the pose dragon balls do when they merge. So I can guess that this girl merges with a dog and it is sad, somehow. Last time I asked people why an image was sad and someone told me no, I can't, I absolutely can't ruin the most tearful and meaningful anime moment ever for you, you simply must experience it yourself. And it was full metal alchemist 2 so I did absolutely no such thing and figured this out from context.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Full Metal Alchemist, some creepy dude takes his daughter and her dog and more or less murderfuses them together into a chimera.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Internet Kraken posted:

The girl and dog get fused into a gross furrysona. This is supposed to be very emotional because shonen anime is a Serious Artform.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Said dude also did something similar with his wife years back. He felt justified into doing the same thing with his daughter because his research wasn't producing results and the higher ups were planning on cutting his funding.

Of course the protags find out and the higher ups hurriedly hide him from the public outcry. The dude comes back later on in the story..changed.

Trap sprung, I know.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
Amalgamated Girldog is the new Aerith Dies.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Ramos posted:

Full Metal Alchemist, some creepy dude takes his daughter and her dog and more or less murderfuses them together into a chimera.
And then they get exploded by another villain and the heroes get to look at the big dog-kid shaped smear left on a wall. :lol:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Full metal alchemist is great! Said 'plot twist ' happens within the first five episodes, anyway. It's a good emotional moment that kicks off some of the darker elements of the series, but nothing more. People are often weird about anime.

I feel like I've asked this before, but anyone have some good/terrible FMA or Cowboy Bebop fanart?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It isn't even the saddest part in FMA, it's just a notable part.

Saddest part goes to hughes dying

I never actually watched the whole series tho so as far as I know there may very well be worse in there somewhere :shrug:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

iggy and jibanyan..why?? who did this who would do such a terrible thing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

iggy and jibanyan..why?? who did this who would do such a terrible thing

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Eela6 posted:

I feel like I've asked this before, but anyone have some good/terrible FMA or Cowboy Bebop fanart?

Plenty of great Cowboy Bebop stuff if you're willing shift through metric tons of Faye Valentine pin ups.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Eela6 posted:

People are often weird about anime.
It's hard to tell who's being weirder at times, the fans or the haters. Haters stumbling over themselves to be the most disinterested/disgusted, or fans for being too enthusiastic or embarrassed by the thing they like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

:same:

• Locked thread