Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

fullroundaction posted:

So next half season is the 3 communities skirmishing with the Saviors until the finale when something significant might happen.

4 if you include the all women group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The boots are a lesbian-by-the-bay from Taras episode, calling it

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

4 if you include the all women group.

AKA the only group with assault weapons.

Looking at how Negan is treating the group compared to say, killing all the men, he seems to be having trouble finding a balance between guy who they will fight back against and guy who is too big a oval office not to rebel against.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Orange Red Bull posted:

I didnt catch what Michonne and her hostage went and looked at it where she said: We are Negan, was that their compound??

It was a compound, maybe not THE compound. I didn't think it looked like what we've seen so far, but who knows.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zebulon posted:

Seriously, who the gently caress is the boot dude? Why should we care?

Its the third brother of the drug cartel's gunmen, back for revenge and further cross over with breaking bad.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I, uh, I kinda hate all the fan submissions on talking dead, so far.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I want this guy on the couch, if only to freak out the other 2 people on it.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
I loved the scene where everyone reunites at the Hilltop and stands around smiling like for several minutes. It was hilariously overdone and completely clashed with the tone of the rest of the episode

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

bobjr posted:

I want this guy on the couch, if only to freak out the other 2 people on it.

The dude with the poorly applied horror makeup?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Bored posted:

The dude with the poorly applied horror makeup?

Yeah, especially since it sounds like he would do nothing but promote himself and his youtube channel.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Caper posted:

I loved the scene where everyone reunites at the Hilltop and stands around smiling like for several minutes. It was hilariously overdone and completely clashed with the tone of the rest of the episode

It reminded me a lot of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I'm watching Fear the Walking Dead now because I'm a tool, and to prepare myself for the inevitable crossover when ratings dip.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Caper posted:

It did because nothing happened that made it worth it. Like you guys tried for a week to work with them before betraying them.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

bobjr posted:

Yeah, especially since it sounds like he would do nothing but promote himself and his youtube channel.

Good point. You've talked me over to your side.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist
The look that Rick gave Carl when he found out about his field trip was loving hilarious. It totally ruined the tone of the scene, but it was worth it.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pookerbug posted:

The look that Rick gave Carl when he found out about his field trip was loving hilarious. It totally ruined the tone of the scene, but it was worth it.

The way the actor plays Rick sometimes it seems like Rick is having a hard time understanding what is going on.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK, so they can have all the characters in one episode.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I hope that Rick acting like a doormat and now wanting to mutiny has a direct correlation to the pacing of this season.

That spike zombie at the end of the trailer was so :darksouls:, we need more of that poo poo.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Shneak posted:

I hope that Rick acting like a doormat and now wanting to mutiny has a direct correlation to the pacing of this season.
Unfortunately due to the nature of the series, it *is* the entire season. Carl grew a pair in response to Negan - to replace Rick losing his to Negan - now Rick has to man the gently caress up and get it together (but he still wimps out at the critical moment next season - which leads to more problems down the line.)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
One thousand one hundred and forty one posts.

Rick finally found his loving testicles. Good. Good.

Lets kill some loving saviors. Let's loving roll.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
You know what I might have learned from a million movies with people holding someone driving a car hostage? Tie their neck to the headrest with some stripped speaker wire or some poo poo and then make sure you have your own seatbelt on - in the back seat. Keep your gun holstered and just jab a broken antenna or rusty shank made out of a big bolt or piece or wire or something - nothing sharp enough you might slice your hand up if you get caught in a wreck.

Tuck and cover because when their head bounces off the windshield and then into the back seat, it could really smart

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

coyo7e posted:

You know what I might have learned from a million movies with people holding someone driving a car hostage? Tie their neck to the headrest with some stripped speaker wire or some poo poo and then make sure you have your own seatbelt on - in the back seat. Keep your gun holstered and just jab a broken antenna or rusty shank made out of a big bolt or piece or wire or something - nothing sharp enough you might slice your hand up if you get caught in a wreck.

Tuck and cover because when their head bounces off the windshield and then into the back seat, it could really smart

You've put some real thought into this.

Well then...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So, can you actually glance at a spent casing and tell the difference between a professionally made bullet and a home made one?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Lycus posted:

So, can you actually glance at a spent casing and tell the difference between a professionally made bullet and a home made one?

I am of the assumption that due to the world, everyone has seen more than enough ammo to spot some ghetto poo poo.

It would have helped if they made it noticeably ghetto or if Negan had a reason to be so suspicious of a bullet.

They are bound to find more guns.

Steve Shultz
Jul 6, 2007
The ELIJAH LIST, spamming your inbox for the lord.
All of the Eugene jokes made this the best episode. I can only hope the saviors make awesome jokes with him as well or this show will go downhill fast.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Aww come on now, eating pomegrenate seeds in a loving graveyard? Could it be any more hamfisted about Carol trying to stay in the netherworld and out of real conflict for either good or bad? Also a bit of Springtime vibe as well because that's the whole point of that story - regrowth

Lycus posted:

Yes, because the casing was re-used and the clamp-marks were probably as shoddy as the powder charge because Eugene was too loving stupid to conduct any kind of testing before just chucnking some mortle-and-pestle crap made out of whatever Rosita had to hand. It was gauranteed to be a shoddy bullet in the way the forced it, and it may or may not have been intentionally shoddy by Eugene. My brother and his friends reload a lot of their ammo, and I've used it - you can notice clamp marks, the brass gets thinner, the primer charge won't look factory-standard, etc

Either way him being captured by Negan is moving things forward to a serious conflict by like -at least 10 episodes from what I'd expected.

VendaGoat posted:

You've put some real thought into this.

Well then...
I dunno man, I consume a lot of pseudo-realistic action media but for real, if someone ever held me hostage in my car they'd better basically tie my throat to the neckwrest with a piece of very thin and strong stuff because we're all going to have an amazing cliff-dive-explosion-death scene if nothing else :laugh:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 12, 2016

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
So my take on this mid season finale is that Rick and Co. were so inspired to celebrate Negan's heroic actions of taking Eugene off their hands that they felt it was time to celebrate and get the whole gang back together.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I have no idea why everyone was so upset about Spencer dying. He was an unhelpful little poo poo who was sheltered his entire life and picked fights whenever he could. Negan did everyone a favor, really. Inventory lady I can believe being missed, since she actually contributed and actually laid a hand on Negan, which no one but Daryl was able to do, but Rosita really wasting a bullet on Spencer being killed for trying to usurp power was dumb.

Also, loving understatement of the year with regards to Carol being the most capable fighter "in the room". She's pretty much the "break glass in case of emergency" character of the whole series at this point.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
At least it's now confirmed that Negan indeed has magic anti-assassination powers and that's why he's still in charge.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Vanderdeath posted:

I hope Boot Guy is Junkie Depp from Fear the Walking Dead. He's basically one of the very few good things about that show.

I hope not because it would mean that Frank Dillane was dumb enough to sign another contract with AMC.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Orange Red Bull posted:

oh poo poo rick finally got his balls back
You could say... they were inside him all along.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I so want to splice in Herman Cane and several other awkward stare-smiles with that end montage of EVERY.. SINGLE.. CHARACTER.. giving an awkward smile.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love how the people of Hilltop are so incompetent the first person that knows how to operate a tractor is their new first pick for president.. even though she came from a different colony and is only staying for medical treatment.

ApeHawk posted:

Also, loving understatement of the year with regards to Carol being the most capable fighter "in the room". She's pretty much the "break glass in case of emergency" character of the whole series at this point.

You know what gently caress quality, gently caress the plot, gently caress everything

If the finale of this season was Carol sighing, walking her way down to Negan's compound, and then destroying the entire thing and razing it to the ground entirely solo for 40 minutes, I would be completely satisfied with this season.

Tenzarin posted:

Rick regained his +3 revolver.

Rick's Revolver
+90% Crit Headshot Chance
+1 to Leadership
+1 to Charisma

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 12, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh one last thing.. it seems like they are trying to setup Sasha and Rosita as a couple now.

However, I laughed so loving hard when it was supposed to be a reveal, because she's reading off all of why he friends are capable and Gabriel goes 'And Sasha?' and she's just silent. They meant it for drama, but it ended up being a comedy 'Yep, most worthless character' moment and left me thinking, "Yeah, I can't think of anything either."

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

I'm watching Fear the Walking Dead now because I'm a tool, and to prepare myself for the inevitable crossover when ratings dip.

Abandon all hope, ye who watches Fear the Walking Dead

You will find none

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Whoever called the Breaking Bad ending for Eugene was brilliant.

Todd and his gang remains creepier and slimier than anything Negan has to offer

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 12, 2016

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Abandon all hope, ye who watches Fear the Walking Dead

You will find none

I actually like that show. It's bad but it's my favorite kind of bad and I kind of like all the dumb family drama surrounding the main characters while the world collapses around them and they accidentally murder like 70% of the people they encounter (and another 15% are purposely murdered).

I just feel kind of bad for the actors because from what I've heard, they only get a month or so to film an entire season while the main TWD cast gets like 6 months. Or maybe it's one month for half a season. Either way, they get a fraction of the time as the main show gets to film the same amount of content.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is a bad show, but I enjoyed this episode more than any others this season.

The spaghetti line was hilarious.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
What is Negan's problem? Why does he kill people that pose no threat to him and let the ones who try to kill him keep living? How is this a good idea?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

JDM is muchos ugly without the designer stubble.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

What is Negan's problem? Why does he kill people that pose no threat to him and let the ones who try to kill him keep living? How is this a good idea?

*leans back and smiles*

Whoa. You are a bad rear end. Still asking these kinds of questions after I bashed your friends' faces in...I like you.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
It's cool that they made a good character out of the priest, i think he just unceremoniously died or something in the comics if there even was a priest. Also really nice to see The Wire actors get well paid work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Negan is MGS Raiden with that bat. The next season finale he'll charge the group while they shoot at him and he'll just deflect and bounce all the bullets back at them while helming about nanomachines.