Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Party Plane Jones posted:

personally would wait for it to drop in price as POE dropped like a rock to around ~10 within 3/4 months of release.

Huh? It took nearly a year for PoE to be even 50% off almost anywhere and I don't think it's gone below -70% to date, not even that deep on GOG.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Kanfy posted:

Huh? It took nearly a year for PoE to be even 50% off almost anywhere and I don't think it's gone below -70% to date, not even that deep on GOG.

That's more accurate. Jones is exaggerating quite a bit. Frankly, PoE shouldn't be discounted that deeply as it's fantastic value for money at a fairly modest discount.

Play time means a lot to me... I've never understood people who pay $60 or more for a CoD game, which aren't very good anyway, finish the single-player campaign in 8-10 hours and then never touch it again. Even if you trade it in for $30 credit, it's still not a great deal.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kanfy posted:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=pillarsofeternityheroedition
Dropped under half price within 2 months; was nearly that ahead of release on Nuuvem.

Granted, these are legitimate resellers; keysites dropped much more quickly; a month after release they dropped below the $20 mark; by fall it was sub $10.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 11, 2016

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

More free keys - please reply if you claim them so I can update the post:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut.
LPPME2461F7232771A

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.
H5KE6AF40412117D60

Neverwinter Nights Diamond.
57938-762F2-1D758-A977B

All gone! Enjoy!

Dreamerdeceiver52 fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 14, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I wonder - are the Interplay bundles a deliberate attempt to take advantage of any fear, uncertainty and doubt that may be surrounding Interplay's putting all of its IPs up for sale? GOG's done it before when the Atari auction was on. I'm not even mad if so - it's a drat sight better than pretending to close up forever.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BiggerJ posted:

I wonder - are the Interplay bundles a deliberate attempt to take advantage of any fear, uncertainty and doubt that may be surrounding Interplay's putting all of its IPs up for sale? GOG's done it before when the Atari auction was on. I'm not even mad if so - it's a drat sight better than pretending to close up forever.

When Interplay was losing the license for Fallout fully to Bethesda they did a final 'gently caress you' of having Fallouts 1/2/Tactics for free on GoG for something like two weeks. After they lost, all early Fallouts got removed from digital distribution until they could be scrubbed and reuploaded by Bethesda (the reason why I know this is because the Fallout 1 HD fix fan patch was stolen by Interplay and uploaded to the Steam version of Fallout; the guy who developed it barred any Steam version of Fallout when he found out). It took a while for Fallout to get back on Steam but even longer to get back on GoG; over a year I think.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Dreamerdeceiver52 posted:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut.
LPPME2461F7232771A

Always wanted to try this one. Thanks :tipshat:

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

That's more accurate. Jones is exaggerating quite a bit. Frankly, PoE shouldn't be discounted that deeply as it's fantastic value for money at a fairly modest discount.

Play time means a lot to me... I've never understood people who pay $60 or more for a CoD game, which aren't very good anyway, finish the single-player campaign in 8-10 hours and then never touch it again. Even if you trade it in for $30 credit, it's still not a great deal.

Most CoD players get more playtime out of the multiplayer than you could ever get out of pillars.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=pillarsofeternityheroedition
Dropped under half price within 2 months; was nearly that ahead of release on Nuuvem.

Granted, these are legitimate resellers; keysites dropped much more quickly; a month after release they dropped below the $20 mark; by fall it was sub $10.

Are you looking at some different graph than I am? Disregarding Nuuvem which is a special case, there's no such drop.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > GOG.com - Pillars Price Drop Analysis!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kanfy posted:

Are you looking at some different graph than I am? Disregarding Nuuvem which is a special case, there's no such drop.

Either you didn't select all the retailers (there are a shitton of them) or you got screwed by the USD->EUR exchange rate. Apparently I forgot the game dropped at the end of March so it took 76 days to go below 50% price, not two months.

tl;dr I was wrong on the $10 (from legitimate resellers anyways) in 3/4 months but the price did drop really quickly on it.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 11, 2016

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

A friend wants a total of ~9$ worth of games from GOG, and I'm looking to see what I can get to fill up the XP so I get Dragonfall as well. Any suggestions? I have fond memories of HoMM4, and I feel I never properly played The Settlers IV, but a) I have no idea how good/bad they actually are, I remember Settlers having some huge bugs and b) my wishlist is pretty sparse so half the games are stuff I'm vaguely interested in (rather than really want).

Any thoughts or suggestions? I have Planescape Torment, and Arcanum is in my wishlist so that's another candidate too.

gently caress it, I got Divine Divinity.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 11, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Good Old Graphs

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
RPG fans are so weird and I say that as one of them

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I'm just going to play Skyrim Special Edition until this all blows over. Pillars is next.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Is anyone playing the Divinity: Original Sin: 2: 2 Divine 2 Sin alpha/beta thing that's on gog?
I have the key as I was a KS backer, haven't had the chance to try it yet. Any specific questions you have about it?

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

When Interplay was losing the license for Fallout fully to Bethesda they did a final 'gently caress you' of having Fallouts 1/2/Tactics for free on GoG for something like two weeks. After they lost, all early Fallouts got removed from digital distribution until they could be scrubbed and reuploaded by Bethesda (the reason why I know this is because the Fallout 1 HD fix fan patch was stolen by Interplay and uploaded to the Steam version of Fallout; the guy who developed it barred any Steam version of Fallout when he found out). It took a while for Fallout to get back on Steam but even longer to get back on GoG; over a year I think.

An addition to this is the Interplay version has the original videos and I think the Bethesda version has edited opening videos (to remove Interplay).
But more notably the Interplay version on GOG has all the extras and the Bethesda version has is the manual.

vs

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins posted:

I have the key as I was a KS backer, haven't had the chance to try it yet. Any specific questions you have about it?

Just wondering if it's stable and plays well yet and worth picking up or if I should hold off I guess. I'm curious as to what all is going to be improved on over one and such but I can get around to reading marketing material for that I guess.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Just wondering if it's stable and plays well yet and worth picking up or if I should hold off I guess. I'm curious as to what all is going to be improved on over one and such but I can get around to reading marketing material for that I guess.
There's a thread for 2, which may have some answers for you in terms of how it runs. From the sounds of it, the "story" aspects are better, at least.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Eulisker posted:

Most CoD players get more playtime out of the multiplayer than you could ever get out of pillars.

Good point; as a guy who disdains multiplayer, I didn't really consider that. Thinking about CoD games online makes me miss when TF2 was good and not just a quirky hat-collection simulator.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins posted:

There's a thread for 2, which may have some answers for you in terms of how it runs. From the sounds of it, the "story" aspects are better, at least.

:doh: I didn't even consider that it would have it's own thread

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JustJeff88 posted:

Good point; as a guy who disdains multiplayer, I didn't really consider that. Thinking about CoD games online makes me miss when TF2 was good and not just a quirky hat-collection simulator.

Play the newer, more fun, TF2 instead; Titanfall 2 :v:.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I've been wondering - are there any individuals - business owners, corporate higher-ups and individual rights-holders - blocking re-released of old games in cold-dead-hands type situations?

It took a while for Fallout to get back on Steam but even longer to get back on GoG; over a year I think.

I wonder if Bethesda was deliberately creating scarcity and/or retailiating, both because of GOG's stunt. Hell, probably.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BiggerJ posted:

I've been wondering - are there any individuals - business owners, corporate higher-ups and individual rights-holders - blocking re-released of old games in cold-dead-hands type situations?

NOLF didn't get a rerelease because neither of the corporations who might own the IP were willing to pay someone to dig through their legal archives to figure out who was actually the rights holder.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

NOLF didn't get a rerelease because neither of the corporations who might own the IP were willing to pay someone to dig through their legal archives to figure out who was actually the rights holder.

Slightly depressing read here: http://kotaku.com/the-sad-story-behind-a-dead-pc-game-that-cant-come-back-1688358811

No company involved knows if they own the IP, can't be arsed to check, is not interested in any sort of deal that would re-release NOLF and figure out the IP situation, sent lawyer letters instead.

Oh potential free money? Nah gently caress off, we're busy with our CoDs etc.

orcane fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 12, 2016

juan the owl
Oct 26, 2007

THERE'S A MONSTER AT THE END OF THIS POST!!

Dreamerdeceiver52 posted:

Neverwinter Nights Diamond.
57938-762F2-1D758-A977B

I grabbed Neverwinter Nights. Thanks a ton, been wanting to try this one!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

The same is the case with MECC - the company that bought its properties doesn't know where the relevant documents are.

I wonder - if there were a Kickstarter to find any such missing documents - with the disclaimer that if the search fails all costs will be permanently sunk, thus, no refunds - would any of us pledge to it?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
As no one else in my other groups has responded I'll put this here.

I have a game code for Stasis which in my opinion is a quite good point-and-click horror adventure game. I got it from xp from the GOG winter sale but I already own it. I will put the code in spoilers here and would the person who claims it please respond so that I can edit it out. Please only claim it if you intend to play it, thank you.

e: Code has been claimed

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 13, 2016

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

fast cars loose anus posted:

As no one else in my other groups has responded I'll put this here.

I have a game code for Stasis which in my opinion is a quite good point-and-click horror adventure game. I got it from xp from the GOG winter sale but I already own it. I will put the code in spoilers here and would the person who claims it please respond so that I can edit it out. Please only claim it if you intend to play it, thank you.

I claimed this and I'm looking forward to playing it. I love point-and-click games, thanks!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Magnus Praeda posted:

I claimed this and I'm looking forward to playing it. I love point-and-click games, thanks!

Good, I'm glad :) It's very good in my opinion.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Codes for NWN Diamond and Shadow Warrior Classic Redux still available for any interested parties.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Thanks for the Shadow Warrior with modern conveniences, JustJeff!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

Thanks for the Shadow Warrior with modern conveniences, JustJeff!

You're welcome. Still a key for NWN Diamond up for grabs.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Four more Disneys! With launch discounts!

Indy Last Crusade
Tron 2.0
Armed and Dangerous
Stunt Island

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

more like tron two point owns

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Please buy Tron 2.0, it's Monolith's best game.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Whoah I spent hours on Stunt Island back in the day, although I doubt it will hold up well now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

While it is nice that they're still releasing Lucasarts stuff they should really have done Infernal Machine before Last Crusade.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

Please buy Tron 2.0, it's Monolith's best game.

Isn't Tron 2.0 also one of those watershed titles people have been practically sacrificing goats for in the hope it would turn up on GoG ever since the website started?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Yeah, but the Steam release quelled that hankering some.