Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

i still like polls, graphs, charts, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

uhh like this one

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

why are we changing from 'just shush about guns' to now being pro guns?

You are a joke.

But yeah that has been my stance from the word go, toss the ideals of the third way elites and support policies that actually help the common man. That we beed explicitly pro gun candidates throughout the party

Instead of what you generally argue, which is clinging to the authoritaian, corporatists policies of the third way and abandoning ideals that would make lives better.

Its super ironic coming from you, since werent you always saying how we needed to abandon any leftist ideal, like universal healthcare or more jobs, as being impossible? While also arguing against idelogical purity tests? (obviously just applies to yours, though, if anyone else has a differing opinion that makes you worry.)

You are becoming a parody of yourself.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Pro guns, pro pot, pro integration, pro lgbt, pro uhc, pro ubi, pro choice, pro environment

Lets make this a party of rights and prosperity for all

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

Pro guns, pro pot, pro integration, pro lgbt, pro uhc, pro ubi, pro choice, pro environment

Lets make this a party of rights and prosperity for all
*clutches pearls* b-b-but my stock portfolio...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm glad that after a month of introspection about the election the Clinton wing of the party has emerged with a clear and unifying voice about how to proceed.

Blame it on Russia and learn nothing.

Serf
May 5, 2011

all this Russia stuff is probably just psy-ops poo poo. they definitely hacked us, but the impression that they tipped the scales of the election is something they want to project in order to deepen the division between the right and the left

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Whats the new title about, i cant see or follow the link on mobile

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

Whats the new title about, i cant see or follow the link on mobile

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Hahaha

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Serf posted:

all this Russia stuff is probably just psy-ops poo poo. they definitely hacked us, but the impression that they tipped the scales of the election is something they want to project in order to deepen the division between the right and the left

thats kinda what i think, or at least, buying into the cia and hfa narrative to the extent some people are seems weirdly counterproductive in all kinds of ways

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

:laugh:

Serf
May 5, 2011

blamegame posted:

thats kinda what i think, or at least, buying into the cia and hfa narrative to the extent some people are seems weirdly counterproductive in all kinds of ways

agreed. liberals will think that the president is illegitimate, while conservatives will defend russia and grow to regard them even more as an ally. all of this benefits Putin

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serf posted:

they're (dem establishment) also remarkably adamant about not going for things that ARE relevant to national security and aren't visibly anathema to bankers, like the fact that our secretary of state prospect is likely going to send half a trillion in federal money (instead of corporate money) to russia, which is something all parts of the country can be feasibly worried about

we need these incompetent reagan motherfuckers out yesterday

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 13:55 on Dec 12, 2016

Serf
May 5, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

they're (dem establishment) also remarkably adamant about not going for things that ARE relevant to national security and aren't visibly anathema to bankers, like the fact that our secretary of state prospect is likely going to send half a trillion in federal money (instead of corporate money) to russia, which is something all parts of the country can be feasibly worried about

we need these incompetent reagan motherfuckers out yesterday

too bad they get 4-8 years to do whatever they want

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

well, out of the democratic party, at least

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Robby freakin mook!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

seeing this as an It's Always Sunny opener

HILLARY: "What kind of genius loses a billion dollars?"
TITLE CARD: "Hillary Loses A Billion Dollars"

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Serf posted:

too bad they get 4-8 years to do whatever they want

too bad?

Serf
May 5, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Robby freakin mook!

but remember he only got paid 120k lol

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

It's funny and all but it's also a lovely meme because the article doesn't say the campaign lost a billion dollars, it says she spent a billion while losing. So it just annoys the poo poo out of me because it's more NYPost poo poo posting.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
uh, how do you think trump lost a billion? like, set fire to it?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Serf posted:

but remember he only got paid 120k lol

What was Carly's golden parachute

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Those Peter Daou meltdowns don't come cheap

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

tadashi posted:

It's funny and all but it's also a lovely meme because the article doesn't say the campaign lost a billion dollars, it says she spent a billion while losing. So it just annoys the poo poo out of me because it's more NYPost poo poo posting.

republicans have all three houses and theres going to be at least one more death in the supreme court within 4 years. the democrats would have been better off running a ham sandwich

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

republicans have all three houses and theres going to be at least one more death in the supreme court within 4 years. the democrats would have been better off running a ham sandwich

I understand all these things, and can think of half a dozen candidates I liked more, it just doesn't make disingenuous bad memes any less annoying.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!

Ace of Baes posted:

You know what seems easier than trying to stop gun crime via gun control in a country with more guns than people? Stopping the majority of gun crime by providing a social safety net and providing good education and job opportunity for poor people.
sorry but i think theyd rather gut welfare, explode the prison population, and ship any opportunities for the uneducated workforce overseas

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

tadashi posted:

I understand all these things, and can think of half a dozen candidates I liked more, it just doesn't make disingenuous bad memes any less annoying.

The meme is funny and you just have to deal with it.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

sorry but i think theyd rather gut welfare, explode the prison population, and ship any opportunities for the uneducated workforce overseas

Actually, they just want to replace the workforce with automation. They really want to make everything domestically if it's sold here to save that 3% on exporting/importing costs.

Serf
May 5, 2011

tadashi posted:

Actually, they just want to replace the workforce with automation. They really want to make everything domestically if it's sold here to save that 3% on exporting/importing costs.

automation is, imo, the thing that breaks us finally. either we rise up in a revolution and get slaughtered by the drone weapons of the global capitalist elite or we get bare minimum social programs that keep us in eternal hell poverty until they can think of a better way to get rid of us

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

tadashi posted:

She lost her money in the same exact way Trump did though, it is disingenious but also appropriate beause the original claim was disingenious in the same exact way, implying that any amount of money invested in a risky pursuit is lost if that pursuit doesnt pay off and thus a mistake to have spent

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Serf posted:

There is still no real evidence of hacking. John Podesta fell for a spam scam.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Serf posted:

What confuses me is that as far as I can tell is that it is the exact same stuff they were talking about before the election - that they thought Russia had hacked everyone but only released stuff damaging to Hillary but suddenly it has blown up and become A THING even though it never gained traction the first time around.

I mean, we should be mad at Russia if they did it but the argument seems to be "They only aired Hillary's dirty laundry instead of everybody's" and therefore the election is invalid and she wins. And that doesn't make any sense.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Thoguh posted:

What confuses me is that as far as I can tell is that it is the exact same stuff they were talking about before the election - that they thought Russia had hacked everyone but only released stuff damaging to Hillary but suddenly it has blown up and become A THING even though it never gained traction the first time around.

I mean, we should be mad at Russia if they did it but the argument seems to be "They only aired Hillary's dirty laundry instead of everybody's" and therefore the election is invalid and she wins. And that doesn't make any sense.

you're talking about a time of sanity when we all believed that despite the hacking Clinton would still win. now that we're in this future, that no longer applies and people want to center this as the entire reason she lost

again, this is exactly what Russia wants

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There is still no real evidence of hacking. John Podesta fell for a spam scam.

did the CIA fall for it too

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

To be honest, I'm more worried about the next President of the United States effectively telling the CIA to go gently caress themselves than I am about whether some rando on Twitter thinks this should overturn the election.

I don't see that ending well for anyone.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
nixon told the CIA to go gently caress themselves, look it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

docbeard posted:

To be honest, I'm more worried about the next President of the United States effectively telling the CIA to go gently caress themselves than I am about whether some rando on Twitter thinks this should overturn the election.

I don't see that ending well for anyone.
except the GOP and their corporatist death cult wing of the establishment

• Locked thread