Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Stickarts posted:

JDM is muchos ugly without the designer stubble.

MODS???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I liked that everyone just stood around and listened as Spencer laid out his betrayal plans to Negan. The rest of the community obviously werent to fussed about offing Ricky.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

That image people wanted to see from the preview of spike zombie.

I'm pretty sure the shots of everyone looking at each other was a callback to the opening of this season, with everyone's face shown before Negan picks who to kill.

I love that Rick kept an empty holster this whole time. I also like that they swerved from Gabriel doing his "bible verse while executing you" tired Battle Priest shtick that happens in so much media (and last season, I think it was - this show feels like it's been running forever). He actually had some cool characterization this episode even if Negan is 100% right about him being "creepy as poo poo". I tried to play a drinking game whenever Negan leans and was doing pretty good until Spencer started distracting him from playing pool.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 12, 2016

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Episode highlights were Michonne explaining how plot armor works to Rick and the last 20 minutes where everyone stood around smiling at each other in slow motion as low rent Hans Zimmer swelled in the background.

I rate this episode four out of five Dexters.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wonder how Jesus felt about Daryl bashing in Fat Joseph's head.

Kinda weird that Fat Joseph had Rick's revolver.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
No mention of how loving dumb Aaron's beatdown was? It takes 2 seconds to explain what happened but we need a scene of Rick realizing the deal isn't going to work so all Aaron can muster is "Blub uhhhh bugg" before getting his rear end kicked. And, again, if Nega's people are really that psycho and short-tempered, how has no one snapped and killed Negan during one of his insult comic sets?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
This was terrible and absolutely nothing happened other than the first ten minutes of the season and the last twenty.

That said, how much time passed in Walking Dead time? Like a week or so?

Enderzero posted:

No mention of how loving dumb Aaron's beatdown was? It takes 2 seconds to explain what happened but we need a scene of Rick realizing the deal isn't going to work so all Aaron can muster is "Blub uhhhh bugg" before getting his rear end kicked. And, again, if Nega's people are really that psycho and short-tempered, how has no one snapped and killed Negan during one of his insult comic sets?

They could have just had them beating Aaron up for no reason, there didn't even need to be a note or whatever. It would have made more sense.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enderzero posted:

The dude literally said "it's not about the note"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This show really is the worst at conveying passage of time.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
episode was a good the walking dead episode sorry if you can't enjoy things

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Negan is MGS Raiden with that bat. The next season finale he'll charge the group while they shoot at him and he'll just deflect and bounce all the bullets back at them while helming about nanomachines.

Actually Negan just bulked up a lot after the fall

AgentJotun posted:

I liked that everyone just stood around and listened as Spencer laid out his betrayal plans to Negan. The rest of the community obviously werent to fussed about offing Ricky.

It'd be hilarious if that's partly why he offed him. "You stupid motherfucker, standing in front of the entire town announcing your coup?"

ozmunkeh posted:

Episode highlights were Michonne explaining how plot armor works to Rick and the last 20 minutes where everyone stood around smiling at each other in slow motion as low rent Hans Zimmer swelled in the background.

I rate this episode four out of five Dexters.

I should look up some more creepy too-long smile internet memes because I really want to gif that scene with more awkward smiling.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Guy Goodbody posted:

The dude literally said "it's not about the note"

IT'S OBVIOUS, IS IT? or whatever the dude said

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

At least the comic book people actually work on their material, unlike gurm the absolute fucker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

His real problem is that he writes all his novels on this:

quote:

The bestselling author writes all of his fantasy novels on an ancient word processor that many of us may be too young to remember: WordStar 4.0, running on the operating system MS-DOS.

-

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Why yes, I most certainly do enjoy observing romantic interludes without the consent of the involved parties.

If the implication was what I thought it was with Rosita and "Yeah, you literally can't think of a single thing to say about me because I'm worthless as gently caress" Sasha, Eugene will be even more disappointed he's not in Alexandria.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 12, 2016

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Oh good, a whole season of what everyone knew was going to happen anyway. Also I guess I was wrong they killed off minor characters.

I do kinda get why people don't gently caress with Negan. Because even if you've given up and don't care about your life and try and attack, Negan doesn't kill you in retaliation. He might beat the poo poo outta you, then make you watch while his crew kills your friend(s).

But how many seasons of "rick and his crew face a challenge, they have their own adventures, they overcome the challenge."

I kinda wish they would just wait until one night, pack up all their poo poo and people in to all their cars and trucks, light alexandria on fire and just drive west until they get to the prairies and make a compound on a small hill where they can see for miles. Lots of farm land and livestock out that way.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Mismatched boot person was Shane, hid under a dumpster.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

Karol is the John Matrix of this world.

I would absolutely accept a finale of Carol with a SAW just endlessly walking room to room mowing down wave after wave

After a sweet arming-up sequence, of course.

Some day Negan will burn down her house, and set her on this path..

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I do kinda get why people don't gently caress with Negan.

Because they see his plot armor.

The woman who got shot could have dropped rat poison in his lemonade.

Astroman posted:

The best thing about these last few episodes it's it's a race as to see which stupid plan is the stupidest. You have:

--Rosita's One Bullet

--Commando Carl

--Michonne's Car Jacking

- If only she had, like, made MORE bullets she could have fired twice and killed him! It's almost as if one bullet was a dumb idea since people survive being shot all the time!
- Would have worked if plot armor didn't make the trigger impossible to pull..
- I love how the woman riding with her was so utterly suicidal she just casually and (sounding almost bored) told her how to kill her quietly

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 12, 2016

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
loved the last 30 seconds of them all making goofy faces for the cameras

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Oh good, a whole season of what everyone knew was going to happen anyway. Also I guess I was wrong they killed off minor characters.

It wouldn't even be that bad if it was predictable as long as it made sense. But Rick's people didn't listen, people he didn't really care that much about died because of it, now Rick wants to fight? What the gently caress? If anything, Rick should be yelling at his own crew.

He really should be thanking Negan and meaning it this time for bringing his stupid son back unharmed.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wonder how Jesus felt about Daryl bashing in Fat Joseph's head.

Kinda weird that Fat Joseph had Rick's revolver.

"Ha ha that Daryl, bashing in my men's head! I LIKE HIM! Let's find him and continue trying to break him with no repercussions for his escape whatsoever!"

From what I've seen of Negan so far I'm surprised he didn't give them a promotion for murdering all his people in the first place.

some guy on the bus posted:

It wouldn't even be that bad if it was predictable as long as it made sense. But Rick's people didn't listen, people he didn't really care that much about died because of it, now Rick wants to fight? What the gently caress? If anything, Rick should be yelling at his own crew.

He really should be thanking Negan and meaning it this time for bringing his stupid son back unharmed.

Yep. "You should be thanking me, Rick!" and this time I had to go "Yeah, he has a point."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Negan still talks too much.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This show really is the worst at conveying passage of time.

From everything I can tell the whole Negan arc has lasted literally less than two weeks.

ED: Not joking, the way events took place I seriously think this is like Day 12 or something. Not only has all this happened but Hilltop wants to elect Maggie for President. I almost wish she'd run as political satire instead of seriously; her only talking point is "Remember when I crushed that car? I will keep on crushing cars, for you, with my unique talent to operate farm equipment!" It could be her version of GW repeating 'terror' over and over.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 12, 2016

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
We're halfway into the new season, and the new leader of one of the main communities (and not something that could only maybe sorta come back like the all girl camp), a black guy with a loving pet tiger, has only showed up for one episode.

dafuq

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shitenshi posted:

We're halfway into the new season, and the new leader of one of the main communities (and not something that could only maybe sorta come back like the all girl camp), a black guy with a loving pet tiger, has only showed up for one episode.

dafuq

But how else would they have dedicated a full episode to Daryl being sad?

I think they wanted to put him through hell but like I said before, other than the murders that started the whole thing, I think like 7 days of living in a cell with lovely food and bad music is probably less terrible than some frat hazings

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

They had to have a Tara episode for the 2 people in the world that remembered that Tara existed.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

From everything I can tell the whole Negan arc has lasted literally less than two weeks.

ED: Not joking, the way events took place I seriously think this is like Day 12 or something. Not only has all this happened but Hilltop wants to elect Maggie for President. I almost wish she'd run as political satire instead of seriously; her only talking point is "Remember when I crushed that car? I will keep on crushing cars, for you, with my unique talent to operate farm equipment!" It could be her version of GW repeating 'terror' over and over.

https://www.facebook.com/HuffingtonPost/videos/10153317557236130/

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I kinda wish they would just wait until one night, pack up all their poo poo and people in to all their cars and trucks, light alexandria on fire and just drive west until they get to the prairies and make a compound on a small hill where they can see for miles

Nebraska!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Oh one last thing.. it seems like they are trying to setup Sasha and Rosita as a couple now.

However, I laughed so loving hard when it was supposed to be a reveal, because she's reading off all of why he friends are capable and Gabriel goes 'And Sasha?' and she's just silent. They meant it for drama, but it ended up being a comedy 'Yep, most worthless character' moment and left me thinking, "Yeah, I can't think of anything either."

Think you might have misread that scene a little. Gabriel was asking why it had to be Rosita to do the killing and Rosita says it's because everyone that cared about her is dead. Gabriel is pointing out that Sasha is in the same boat since she lost her brother and two boyfriends and Sasha isn't moping around planning suicide by bat.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I know "suspension of disbelief" and all that, but Rosita was, what, 6-7 feet from Negan, drew and aimed over about 3 seconds, and somehow managed to hit the 3" wide baseball bat instead of any part of Negan?

Meanwhile Negan's girl turns, draws and shoots the provisioner woman through the head when she's standing a good 15-20 feet away, on an elevated porch, in the space of a second, practically over her shoulder.

Why couldn't they at least show Rosita's bullet hitting Lucille? The bat didn't even look damaged for gently caress's sake.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The impact from the bullet should have made Lucille whip back and hit Negan in the face, giving someone an opportunity for a "don't hit yourself" joke.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I just realized this scene meant that Negan was the kind of nut who when after being shot at, would actually raise his baseball bat to block a bullet instead of ducking and getting the gently caress out of dodge, like any other normal person.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Negan has the same plot armor as the protagonists

it is the most dangerous power a villain can have

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Someone should attack Negan with a bat that's a couple ounces heavier than his so they can have a lightsaber battle

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I like how Negan instantly knew that Rosita only had one bullet.

I like how Tara did an "I'm Spartacus" and it had no impact whatsoever.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The impact from the bullet should have made Lucille whip back and hit Negan in the face, giving someone an opportunity for a "don't hit yourself" joke.

It was literally the first bullet Eugene ever made. It was a lovely bullet that couldn't even do serious damage to a piece of wood.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Mismatched boot person was Shane, hid under a dumpster.

Do you even watch the show? It clearly was the person feeding rats to the zombies at the prison.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

And yea, Rosita could have spent maybe another oh I don't know 30 minutes scrounging and told Eugene "make me three bullets" instead and maybe she could have shot a couple pool balls or maybe the cue stick.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Shitenshi posted:

I just realized this scene meant that Negan was the kind of nut who when after being shot at, would actually raise his baseball bat to block a bullet instead of ducking and getting the gently caress out of dodge, like any other normal person.

I also realized that instead of Negan treating Lucille like a real person being a joke and something he just does to gently caress with people, Negan is actually like Mr Garrison and Mr Hat.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

some guy on the bus posted:

I also realized that instead of Negan treating Lucille like a real person being a joke and something he just does to gently caress with people, Negan is actually like Mr Garrison and Mr Hat.

Given a lot of people seem to think Negan was a teacher, that's my new head canon.

Actually picturing all of Negan's lines in Mr. Garrison's voice is hilarious.

Lycus posted:

I like how Negan instantly knew that Rosita only had one bullet.

I like how he assumed they made the bullet instead of just finding it on a run.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Negan was a gym teacher in the comics or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Why does Negan have a bandage on his arm? I don't remember what happened there