Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

HORMELCHILI posted:

my friend gave me a 6 iv ditto and i beat the game so im going to begin BREEDING im going to start by making a perfect Oranguru because that thing is sick for double battles

I've heard good things about him—excellent choice. Muk also has a similar ability in "Power of Alchemy" but lacks the cool Instruct move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Even better than that ability he has one that just protects your other pokemon from damage in a double, plus he has crazy special defense and hp so you can basically use him with any glass cannon to kick rear end

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

HORMELCHILI posted:

Even better than that ability he has one that just protects your other pokemon from damage in a double, plus he has crazy special defense and hp so you can basically use him with any glass cannon to kick rear end

Sadly Telepathy only affects moves done by YOUR teammates, which is not so good now that triple battles are gone ):

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

awww. i guess it seemed too good to be true but still good for poo poo like surf and earthquake

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i miss triple battles

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

that ivy guy posted:

I've heard good things about him—excellent choice. Muk also has a similar ability in "Power of Alchemy" but lacks the cool Instruct move

Let muk get Levitate and he has no weaknesses >:]

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

i miss triple battles

They're gone? That sucks

Soral
May 30, 2009

i ended up with two 6iv HA modest eevees so if anyone wants it let me know

Soral
May 30, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

They're gone? That sucks

6 pokemon on screen at once would completely destroy the nintendo 3ds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

4 pokemon on screen at once would completely destroy the nintendo 3ds

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

caught a minior in a beast ball, got a new project i think..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

got my kings rock ad got type null in a the hotspring. its just a mtter of time now until i get that sweet 100% and get to find out what game freak guy gives me this gen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also I beat the battle royale Master Rank and all you get is a new dance

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
nearly at the point where all i have to get are the sun legendaries and some other mons from trade. rotom plays dramatic music if i ask it to evaluate my dex

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

got my kings rock ad got type null in a the hotspring. its just a mtter of time now until i get that sweet 100% and get to find out what game freak guy gives me this gen

Isnt it always the shiny charm

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What item do I need to keep my torracat from becoming over the top. I want my pokemon to remain catlike and not turn into Jack Slate.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What item do I need to keep my torracat from becoming over the top. I want my pokemon to remain catlike and not turn into Jack Slate.

everstone prevents evolution, you get it from the captain illima refight at his house iirc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ppl arfe saying theres "another elite 4" in the game, several superbosses you can rechallenge postgame. i only know about the gamefreak dude, who else is there?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Isnt it always the shiny charm

Ive only ever completed the dex in Gen I and Gen III and for both of those I think it was just a jpg of a diploma that said Congratulations

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

boy are my arms tired posted:

everstone prevents evolution, you get it from the captain illima refight at his house iirc

thank you

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
you can just press b....

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Ive only ever completed the dex in Gen I and Gen III and for both of those I think it was just a jpg of a diploma that said Congratulations

Oh in that vein idk. Glad to help you get there anyway

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

3DS is now in shop for a few days while it gets a broken hinge repaired, so no Moon for a few days

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Lets speculate how were gonna be able to get hidden ability starters

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Its possible we'll need to toss some sort of Poke Ball in order to capture them.

Soral
May 30, 2009

hidden ability starters appear in pokemon x/y's friend safari

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When they add in Pokebank support is there gonna be a national dex added as well? Any chances there's some new features patched in with that?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

In Training posted:

When they add in Pokebank support is there gonna be a national dex added as well? Any chances there's some new features patched in with that?

no idea but i'd assume so, i think they posted about "expanding pokebank's functionality" a year ago or so

Ristolaz posted:

mystery gift giveaway / event giveaway via festival plaza

Soral
May 30, 2009

i've heard rumours that the starter pikachu from pokemon yellow becomes the hat wearing pikachu that was teased when you transfer it over to the new games

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

All i want is squirtle with the sunglasses

I heard you arent going to be able to use pokemon from other games in ranked battles? Does anyone know?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

HORMELCHILI posted:

All i want is squirtle with the sunglasses

I heard you arent going to be able to use pokemon from other games in ranked battles? Does anyone know?

correct, vgc ladder is alolan dex only / alolan caught (the little plus symbol on the stat screen) for the entire next year

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Whos a good doubles partner for Garchomp. Probably someone who can frag fairy types

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Oh in that vein idk. Glad to help you get there anyway

Rotom plays a cool song and talks about how he can't believe it and then you get a stamp in your Trainer Passport with the box legendary on it from Game Freak Man and he gives u the shiny charm

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

Whos a good doubles partner for Garchomp. Probably someone who can frag fairy types

give garchomp poison jab

Soral
May 30, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral
May 30, 2009

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Karen#Pok.C3.A9mon_Gold.2C_Silver.2C_and_Crystal_2

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Other than the shiny charm you get stamps for each regional and Alola 'dex competion, which replace the cool diplomas that I have lined up in my room in Y version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

one of the NPCs in Sun told me that eventually you have to discard your favourites and use the best Pokemon as agreed by the experts

• Locked thread