Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Manatee Cannon posted:

the worst dumb pun name would be HELLo kitty

emphasis on hell because it's fire/dark, see

hell no kitty would be pretty excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

About how long should I wait on GTS listings before relisting my pokemon?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Yukari posted:

About how long should I wait on GTS listings before relisting my pokemon?

Ideally a few hours, but that's obviously a pain to babysit so like try to relist it 1-2 times day I guess.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Ultra Beasts ignore the modifier of any non-Beast balls, so a poké ball should work exactly as well as, say an ultra or heavy ball. It's just bad luck on your end. Beast balls get a 5x multiplier.

what the

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Yeah, all non-Beast balls have a .6x modifier to catch.

Which is still better than the Beast Ball's .1x modifier on non-Ultra Beasts.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ive wasted so much money :mad:

oh also that one guys posting the walk animations on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Sq4bP3-P0

CGH
Mar 31, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Any Pokeball that isn't a Beast Ball has its Catch multiplier reduced to 0.6x if used on an Ultra Beast.

Thanks for the info. My limited searches didn't tell me anything, but I figured there was some hidden math going on. Though it turns out that my luck was still extremely poor for a while.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I would literally pay my money dollars to Nintendo if this was just added as DLC. Not a lot, mind you, but I'd do it.

Following Pokemon is just too cool, and it's exciting to see what they can do with the flexibility of utilizing 3D models.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TWIST FIST posted:

ive wasted so much money :mad:

oh also that one guys posting the walk animations on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Sq4bP3-P0

Hoothoot has both feet visible when it flies after you.

what the gently caress gamefreak????

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Note Block posted:

I still have 9 HA Eevee and 7 non-HA Eevee, Bold, in Love balls, with Covet, Wish, Yawn, and Charm egg moves, and 5IVs (imperfect Attack) for all your Sylveon needs. They are just sitting around, waiting for good homes!

I would like one, if you still have some left. Sylveon is the cutest and a cute pink ball is perfect for it.

I'll be available to trade later today and most of the week.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just got wonder traded a Snow Warning Vulpix in a Moon Ball that has Freeze-Dry and Moonblast.

That's good right

Yes. Breed some and give one to me. I need all the Fashion Balls!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 12, 2016

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I've started to dip my toes into the Battle Tree, and got to a 40+ streak. Figured it's time to really make sure I'm going with the strategy that's most likely to take me to 100, and I'm not entirely sure what my team should be. Until now I've just done more or less random combinations of my 6 fully-trained (IV/EV/nature/item) mons, but could someone with experience of higher tiers of Battle Tree tell me which 3 of these I should be going with?

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Clear Body
Jolly
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Hammer Arm
Earthquake

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Shield Dust
Timid
252SpA/252Spe/4SpD
Bug Buzz
Moonblast
Psychic
Quiver Dance

Palossand @ Weakness Policy
Water Compaction
Bold
252HP/252Def/4SpA
Shadow Ball
Earth Power
Shore Up
Amnesia

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Regenerator
Calm
252HP/252Def/4Spe
Scald
Recover
Haze
Toxic

Minior @ White Herb
Shields Down
Naive
252Atk/148SpA/108Spe
Shell Smash
Power Gem
Acrobatics
Earthquake

Drampa @ Leftovers
Berserk
Bold
252HP/252Def/4SpA
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Calm Mind
Roost

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 12, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Hoothoot has both feet visible when it flies after you.

Footfoot

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda amazed at how much the Ultra Dimension looks like Xen from half-life. Was Gordon Freeman killing pokemon all that time?

Also, Nihilego == Nihilant?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
This is the first time I play the Battle Tree equivalent and I managed to unlock Super Singles in one go. Got to round 10 with Buzzwole, Starmie and Magnezone.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Beast Boost
196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Leech Life
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Sturdy
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Starmie @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam
- Surf

I got stomped by Sina's Drampa and Mandibuzz. I use Substitute/Focus Punch on Buzzwole and Drampa's slowness wouldn't let me set up for Focus Punch because he'd destroy the sub with one Hurricane. Mandibuzz would just confuse my dudes and Roost back from Magnezone's Thunderbolts.

I will probably get Hammer Arm on Buzzwole just so I have a fighting move I can use without setting up a sub but I don't know what else to do to improve my team.

I also have a Minior and Turtonator being EV trained right now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The "judge" feature you unlock for the PC is IVs, right? The other day I got a garchomp via wonder trade. I thought that was lucky alone, but it turns out that it has perfect IVs (or at least 3 perfect IVs and 3 hyper trained ones)

Also I missed that it was shiny. :stare:

Is there a way to check EVs? I'm pretty sure I maxed out EVs via pelego but I'm not certain because the guy didn't make any special comments when I did the last session for what should have been the remaining 4 EVs

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Oxyclean posted:

The "judge" feature you unlock for the PC is IVs, right? The other day I got a garchomp via wonder trade. I thought that was lucky alone, but it turns out that it has perfect IVs (or at least 3 perfect IVs and 3 hyper trained ones)

Is there a way to check EVs? I'm pretty sure I maxed out EVs via pelego but I'm not certain because the guy didn't make any special comments when I did the last session for what should have been the remaining 4 EVs

Go to the summary screen and press Y for EV spread

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oxyclean posted:

Judge is IVs, yes. Press Y on a Pokemon's normal stat summary screen to see an EV graph - maxed stats sparkle, and if the EV cap has been hit it'll be blue instead of yellow.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

When you open the summary page, press Y and you'll get a yellow overlay over the stats that shows the EVs.

Also drat, you got pretty lucky. If it's hyper trained that suggests that it's not even hacked.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

Judge is IVs, yes. Press Y on a Pokemon's normal stat summary screen to see an EV graph - maxed stats sparkle, and if the EV cap has been hit it'll be blue instead of yellow.

Okay, weird, the EV spread is yellow to suggest it''s not capped - 2 stats are sparkling and I did 1 session for a third stat - shouldn't that be full EVs? Like a full EV train should be 63 + 63 + 1 because 1 session is 4 EVs, right?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Okay, weird, the EV spread is yellow to suggest it''s not capped - 2 stats are sparkling and I did 1 session for a third stat - shouldn't that be full EVs? Like a full EV train should be 63 + 63 + 1 because 1 session is 4 EVs, right?

Yeah I'm not sure what AlphaKretin is saying, because I've got a bunch of fully EV trained mons and they all have the yellow EV spread field.

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama
I made a team, can I get some feedback? It's just for 6v6 between friends on Showdown using stuff currently available. Don't really follow Smogon OU/meta stuff, generally I just make gimmick teams that people hate playing against. So here's a Baton Pass one!

http://pastebin.com/raw/RbsXs0PQ

The plan:
Open with Extreme Evoboost on Eevee, Baton Pass to one of the sweepers (hopefully Sylveon, who can then Baton Pass again if they switch in something that Sylveon cannot handle).

Alternative: Open with Ninetales-A and use Aurora Veil for added safety, get some attacks off then switch into Eevee and use Extreme Evoboost.

Sylveon's Hyper Voice won't be available until Pokebank so that's why it has Shadow Ball instead for now.

The only one on here I am not sure about is Toxapex. Thinking about replacing with either bulky Vaporeon for more Baton Pass shenanigans or Mimikyu for the free Swords Dance/switch-in because of Disguise.

Anyway, any thoughts/ideas/critique would be dope.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Have you considered putting a Shell Smasher on there? I'll be honest, that's the first thing I would do with an Evoboost Baton Pass Eevee.

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Have you considered putting a Shell Smasher on there? I'll be honest, that's the first thing I would do with an Evoboost Baton Pass Eevee.

That could work! Minior or maybe Skill Link Cloyster would be great I think. I guess one of them could replace Toxapex (who I think is the weakest member of that team, even with Baton Pass boosting it).

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

tyblazitar posted:

When you open the summary page, press Y and you'll get a yellow overlay over the stats that shows the EVs.

Also drat, you got pretty lucky. If it's hyper trained that suggests that it's not even hacked.

To be fair, 3 perfect IVs is pretty believeable ona legit shiny considering that the two best ways to get them are chaining and breeding.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shiny777 posted:

You're missing...Goldeen and Scyther off my list, it looks like? Any others I didn't notice? I'll be mostly around for a while longer tonight, and available pretty much all day tomorrow, and I'll at least do so breeding for those two once my Tree streak ends.
That sounds right? My computer exploded last night so I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me, but that sounds right. Gotta reinstall Windows before I can do anything other than workpost :v:

I'll be around in like eight hours ish, and from then through the night.

Oxyclean posted:

If it doesn't say "Hyper Trained", then it wasn't hyper trained. Also, it's 99% hacked or at least duped, but enjoy it anyway :shobon:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Do hyper trained IVs pass down? Could you get a 6IV Ditto that way?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Do hyper trained IVs pass down? Could you get a 6IV Ditto that way?
They don't pass down - it doesn't change the actual IV, just makes it "behave like" 31 for stat purposes. Also doesn't change Hidden Power type.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well, I totally completed my Pokedex even though the bank is coming out next month because I was bored and had nothing else to play. Do I get a gold star or something?

I can't wait till the QR code rental team thing so I can actually do the battle tree because goddamn it's brutal.

Having access to my 6IV Dittos from the last game would also be nice.

Man... I really wish you could transfer items...

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Oxyclean posted:

1 session is only 4EV per if you have that island on the pelago maxed out. that might be your problem?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Yeah I'm not sure what AlphaKretin is saying, because I've got a bunch of fully EV trained mons and they all have the yellow EV spread field.

I ran it through an extra SpD training and it gained 2 and the spread is blue now. I'm guessing you just need every last EV even if they wont add any stats.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

nerdz posted:

I'm kinda amazed at how much the Ultra Dimension looks like Xen from half-life. Was Gordon Freeman killing pokemon all that time?

Also, Nihilego == Nihilant?

I just wish I'd had the foresight to hatch something in Ultra Space for the novelty. Oh well, when I inevitably pick up Sun I'll sort that.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

If you do 63+63+1 you'll be 2 evs shy of full.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, I totally completed my Pokedex even though the bank is coming out next month because I was bored and had nothing else to play. Do I get a gold star or something?

I can't wait till the QR code rental team thing so I can actually do the battle tree because goddamn it's brutal.

Having access to my 6IV Dittos from the last game would also be nice.

Man... I really wish you could transfer items...

If it's completed go to the GameFreak building and chat with one of the dudes there to get your Shiny Charm, that's your gold star.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Woop, more WT luck - got a A-Vulpix with hidden ability and Moonblast bred on, in a beast ball. OT isn't the guy who WT'd it to me so I wonder if he didn't realize it was good?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Have they explained how QR rentals are going to work? Will anyone just be able to "export" their team? If so, that seems like a great way to bootstrap people into VGC if they can't use PKHex and don't want to waste their lives breeding

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'm about to start catching me some Ultra Beasts, I have my desired natures set as such:

Nihilego: Timid or Calm
Pheromosa: Naive / Rash (already have Naughty, Timid, Modest, Jolly)
Xurkitree: Modest / Timid
Celesteela: Sassy, Careful, Adamant, or Brave (already have Naughty, Impish, Modest, Bold)
Guzzlord: ???

As you can see I'm having a tough time on deciding between natures for Nihilego and on the preferred natures for Celesteela and Guzzlord. I plan to just catch doubles of the most desired natures for Pheromosa and I'll trade em for Jolly Buzzlewole and Adamant Kartana.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Why in the hell would people hack 100 shiny Dittos with Destiny Knots that have seemingly random, mediocre IVs

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

wizard on a water slide posted:

Why in the hell would people hack 100 shiny Dittos with Destiny Knots that have seemingly random, mediocre IVs

Trolling.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I mean "troll successful" if the troll was that I get a shiny Ditto and a free Destiny Knot for a random Goldeen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Woop, more WT luck - got a A-Vulpix with hidden ability and Moonblast bred on, in a beast ball. OT isn't the guy who WT'd it to me so I wonder if he didn't realize it was good?

It might not have the nature or ivs they wanted or they were looking for a shiny