Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Huh, so apparently if you don't romance anyone in ME1, the Virmire survivor appears during ME2's intro. The scene was pretty clearly written, voice acted and animated with the idea that you'll be interacting with your love interest, so that was a bit of an awkward moment between my manshep and Kaidan.

Actually, Kaidan being alive in the first place is a bit jarring.

edit: Also, manshep has the best/worst facial expressions. He looks normal most of the time, but then he smiles and everything goes horribly wrong.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Doc Morbid posted:

edit: Also, manshep has the best/worst facial expressions. He looks normal most of the time, but then he smiles and everything goes horribly wrong.

I have no idea what you are talking about everything looks normal :shepface:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I think that emoticon is based on a face made by femshep at one point.

fake edit: this one

Lots of folks are complaining about the facial animation in the latest ME: Andromeda footage, but at least it's not this.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Faces are, in general, horrifying in ME. Like, all of them.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Doc Morbid posted:

I think that emoticon is based on a face made by femshep at one point.

fake edit: this one

Lots of folks are complaining about the facial animation in the latest ME: Andromeda footage, but at least it's not this.

there were two images in the olde me2 thread op that were pretty shep

the most :shepface: moment is when you give chakwas the ice brandy tho imho

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

it's definitely more than just Shepard who makes weird faces, that's why we have :liara:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I forgot how bizarrely blatant the EVIL AURA was in ME2 if you went renegade. it's like Bioware got drunk and thought they were making KOTOR again.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Quite frankly, any Femshep (All 18% of them) that didn't romance Garrus is doing humanity a disservice.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I know this isn't the Andromeda thread

But they show off CHARGE in the Andromeda gameplay trailer

I'm gonna charge the gently caress outta things.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Sindai posted:

I forgot how bizarrely blatant the EVIL AURA was in ME2 if you went renegade. it's like Bioware got drunk and thought they were making KOTOR again.

You can really mess with the evil aura with the save editor in ME3 but there are limits to how much the glow will show up.

That said you can make your glowing scars chartreuse if you really wanted to. It has basically zero sanity checking.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Sindai posted:

Evil in Jade Empire was even worse since you could just enslave the bad guy's henchman and then enslave the people who thought it was wrong to do that.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

It's not evil, it's Way of the Closed Fist! Totally different, we swear! :shepface:

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

MA-Horus posted:

It was a charge OFF OF A JETPACK JUMP. I'm so happy

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

Someone will need to create a new flowchart.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

GoneRampant posted:

Quite frankly, any Femshep (All 18% of them) that didn't romance Garrus is doing humanity a disservice.
Half the point in playing Bioware games is for gay sex. Come back when it's maleshep. :colbert:

Doc Morbid posted:

It's not evil, it's Way of the Closed Fist! Totally different, we swear! :shepface:
The Way the Closed Fist connects with their jaw.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients
Whatever you're in the mood for

Malah
May 18, 2015

Straight vodka it is! :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe some carbonated liquid sugar with a long list of artificial chemicals and substances. Oh and some banged grains to go with it.

Malah posted:

Straight vodka it is! :allears:
Straight from the bottle? :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I choose winter tea. (Cooked rakija with lots of caramelized sugar. Looks a bit like tea when it's in a cup. :v: )

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Poil posted:

I dunno, sounds like a "3rd dream sequence" thing instead

grack
Jan 10, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

Next Update's Ingredients
Whatever you're in the mood for

Mmmm

Skittlebrau

Malah
May 18, 2015

Poil posted:

There's a New Amsterdam display in my liquor store taller than me, and I was compelled.

How better to celebrate my survival anniversary than shaving some time off my remaining life span?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Vodka, you're feeling stronger
Vodka, no more feeling bad
Vodka, your eyes are shining
Vodka, you are the real man

Vodka, wipes away your tears
Vodka, removes your fears
Vodka, everyone is gorgeous
Vodka, yeah vodka

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sidequest cleanup, aisle 6

The Drink
That's up to you

The Drinking Game
There is a video, drink while it's playing

The Episode
Just checking in with a few people and turning in some sidequests. Along the way Shep plays matchmaker to an unlikely couple. We help Liara haxx0r some more poo poo and get her secretary fired with extreme prejudice. At least she doesn't have to pay unemployment.

Think I'll do LotSB next to break up some of the loyalty missions we've been doing. It's a fairly long DLC so expect it to take 2-3 updates. Who do y'all wanna take along to the first part?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Garrus and Grunt.

Bro squad.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

MA-Horus posted:

Garrus and Grunt.

Bro squad.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Bartriarch. :allears:

MA-Horus posted:

Garrus and Grunt.

Bro squad.

Nah. Hunting the Shadow Broker with Liara sounds like a good time for a girls' night out.

Tali and Kasumi

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I don't think I've ever done LotSB during the main story. I tend to leave the DLC in general to be done after the main mission is over, aside from Kasumi and Zaeed of course.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Take the original squad: Garrus and Tali

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Doc Morbid posted:

I don't think I've ever done LotSB during the main story. I tend to leave the DLC in general to be done after the main mission is over, aside from Kasumi and Zaeed of course.
There is a slight change to dialogue if you do it prior to finishing the main story. I usually do LotSB prior to the final mission and save Overlord and Arrival until afterwards, but that's just personal preference (also I like taking a future squadmate on Overlord).

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

IMO you should take Tali and Kasumi Thanks for doing this one in a timely manner, I'm looking forward to seeing it :)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

SgtSteel91 posted:

This, they want to go see their old friend kick some biotic rear end.

And yeah, I prefer doing Overlord after the paragon ending, lends some finality and justification to the whole thing.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What happens if you tell Liara to kill one of the other agents? Can you tell her to kill all of them? Does she get killed and you fail?

SgtSteel91 posted:

+1 glass for this.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Liara has plot armor more durable than the Normandy's, you can only possibly kill her at the end of 3, and then only under very specific circumstances that require you going out of your way. I'll see if I can find a video of loving up somewhere.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

wouldn't it be easy without the extended cut? You just take her on the last mission and she and whoever is your third dies in the charge to the...beacon thing

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Aces High posted:

wouldn't it be easy without the extended cut? You just take her on the last mission and she and whoever is your third dies in the charge to the...beacon thing
That's only if you have low EMS. Of course, pre-Extended Cut most of your party members may as well be dead regardless of your EMS because you don't see much of them after that point. :v:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Aces High posted:

I've tried to block it out, but I think pre-EC there's just the beam and you don't explicitly know what happened to your teammates. Then they show up at the end so... :shrug:

e: that was one of the complaints about the original and the Normandy landing to pick them up was added in EC

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Per voting we'll take Garrus and Tali to part 1. They're tied in votes so I'll flip a coin to see who gets to go in the car. Who goes part 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Garrus. Always. In everything. Obviously! :v:

• Locked thread