Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Mesothelioma is more of a concern for white working class people than those who are not white working class people. Food deserts are more of a concern for the urban poor, who are predominantly PoC. Their concerns simply are not identical because they interact with capital in different geographies, industries, and cultural histories.
the minute details and the paymasters screwing them may not be mostly identical but you can reach both of them with the same message, ie opening up jobs and factories that require similar skills (despite the New Deal being race-exclusionary, associated policies upwardly moved a lot of minorities because there were lots of new jobs invested in production and infrastructure with government capital), a better safety net, raised minimum and average wage, etcdballs

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the US government deliberately leaked information that made Hillary lose the election?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

deathbysnusnu posted:

Wonder which subset of working class voted overwhelmingly for the guy who will make drat sure they don't have a living wage? Meanwhile the PoC working class managed to vote for someone who won't make it their life's mission to grind them to dust economically and dehumanize them based off their race.

PoC working class hardly voted at all. As one of my students here in Detroit said "Why don't they give us anybody who cares about us?"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Nastier Nate posted:

In 2012 republicans thought they needed a candidate who would appeal to hispanics and other minorities, instead they got a candidate that kicked off his campaign making GBS threads on Mexican's and won the white house.

In 2024 the democrat will be a BLM activist and run on a platform of "kill whitey!" and get 350 EVs.

Finally, extremism I can get behind.

Kill Whitey 2024!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

PoC working class hardly voted at all. As one of my students here in Detroit said "Why don't they give us anybody who cares about us?"

The answer to that question is "you don't vote often enough to be catered to and relied upon by politicians to win."

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Why would the Obama administration orchestrate a false flag to put Trump into power, then claim Russia was behind the attacks to take him out of power? What the hell kind of plan is that?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Overture posted:

This makes it even more fun:
Does Donnie sound stupider in text or with audio? I mean, it's stupid either way but it's a tough call. I'm leaning towards stupider in text.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Acutally, the working class in general didn't vote. Detroit and Clay County Kentucky both had like 30% voter turnout. Probably because both candidates were super lovely. (One more than the other but she did a lovely job of communicating that to them.)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

In 2012 republicans thought they needed a candidate who would appeal to hispanics and other minorities, instead they got a candidate that kicked off his campaign making GBS threads on Mexican's and won the white house.

In 2024 the democrat will be a BLM activist and run on a platform of "kill whitey!" and get 350 EVs.

sure he says "kill whitey" now but can we trust him to keep his campaign promises???

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Mr. Jive posted:

Why would the Obama administration orchestrate a false flag to put Trump into power, then claim Russia was behind the attacks to take him out of power? What the hell kind of plan is that?

The kind that Trump supporters will believe unquestionably until the end of time.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I really hope this galvanizes both sides and they stop putting up empty suit motherfuckers and run some firebrands who get out there and yell and scream and get people excited about poo poo again

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

not surprising coming from carter page

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Covok posted:

The answer to that question is "you don't vote often enough to be catered to and relied upon by politicians to win."
most of the time it isn't even their fault though, what with the VRA being gutted associated with cutting DMV office hours to conveniently being the only hours most people have shifts, and even if they can bypass all that trouble they have no history of a candidate that gave an actual gently caress about them because they were born after the reagan years

you're really looking at the wrong side of the cause-effect chain here

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Covok posted:

this argument seems to be that by voting for candidates who dont care about you you send the message that they should run candidates who care about you

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

most of the time it isn't even their fault though, what with the VRA being gutted associated with cutting DMV office hours to conveniently being the only hours most people have shifts, and even if they can bypass all that trouble they have no history of a candidate that gave an actual gently caress about them because they were born after the reagan years

you're really looking at the wrong side of the cause-effect chain here

And these voting access issues are only going to get worse for them with a Republican controlled everything.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

a small uptick in voter turnout in Detroit and Flint would have handed the state to Hillary but she was really really dumb. People can get angry at the poor people if they want but it's not going to win you any elections.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Augus posted:

the US government deliberately leaked information that made Hillary lose the election?

which sounds worse or worse?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Nichael posted:

sure he says "kill whitey" now but can we trust him to keep his campaign promises???

I don't want to hurt whitey...they're good people.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Also, who else likes to see bears playing hockey, we should have bears playing hockey and someone get me a barrel of pickles

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Nastier Nate posted:

like this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsD59byZkl0

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

what a fraud!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

death is certain

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

~spin~

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

The Nastier Nate posted:

You assume.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

UFCW hell yeah

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

some of them

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

The Nastier Nate posted:

[citation needed]

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Deflecting by saying the hacking is a false flag by democrats is literally longform "no you're the puppet"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

[citation needed]
just because they ain't so loud don't mean they don't exist

when i used to live in an armpit of california a redneck who married a mexican woman would drive our dying elementary school to awesome field trips and crush apples and then on the side tell us how malt liquor was made

Covok
May 27, 2013

That DICK! posted:

Deflecting by saying the hacking is a false flag by democrats is literally longform "no you're the puppet"

And it will work.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Covok posted:

And it will work.

Yeah, it makes no sense for the DNC to hack itself and claim Russia did it, but nothing makes sense anymore so why not just try?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

No Russia, no Russia, you're the Russia

Covok
May 27, 2013

CortezFantastic posted:

Yeah, it makes no sense for the DNC to hack itself and claim Russia did it, but nothing makes sense anymore so why not just try?

Trump supporters believe any anti-Dem, pro-Russia, pro-Trump news at face value. It doesn't even have to be believable. The news can say Trump wished hard enough and poop now tastes like chocolate and Trump supporters will glady talk about how nice their poop tastes and how often they eat their own.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
gently caress's sake if you have 17 intelligence agencies willing to frame someone for treason, you can probably suppress your political opponents in a way that doesn't involve them gaining control of all branches of government

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Jive posted:

And then they investigate their own attack and now they have to have hearings about Obamas own attack apparently.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

CortezFantastic posted:

the DNC put the speeches and internal emails out there so hackers wouldn't go digging deeper and discover pizza gate.

unfortunately for them the proud patriots of The_Donald aren't easily stopped :getin:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Do we know that the Clinton campaign wasn't a false flag to lull Democrats into thinking we'd put up Clinton for nomination???

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you get owned by the fsb you are not suited to rule

• Locked thread