Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

MrLogan posted:

Frank Gore is making the HoF, you son of a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Odell Beckham is the Kanye West of Wide Receivers

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Does that make the net Jay-Z

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Even weirder is the Panthers leading the league in sacks

...of worthless meat?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

blue squares posted:

Odell Beckham is the Kanye West of Wide Receivers

Does that make The Catch "Father Stretch My Hands Pt 1"?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

I wish someone like Julio Jones or Larry Fitzgerald or Steve Smith had made "the catch" instead of OBJ

Brent Grimes and Gronk had better catches that same week, but aren't a NYC team, so they got ignored.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MrLogan posted:

Brent Grimes and Gronk had better catches that same week, but aren't a NYC team, so they got ignored.

Yo bring me some dumplings from China while you're digging that hole

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MrLogan posted:

Link to your incorrect opinions please

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

indeed, the perennially ignored rob gronkowski of the much forgotten New England Patriots

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Just dropping in to say that Harry Douglas is a piece of poo poo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

Even weirder is the Panthers leading the league in sacks

That is weird, for some reason I thought they were having a down year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Just dropping in to say that Harry Douglas is a piece of poo poo

Talib is worse.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Talib is worse.

True

---------------

I don't recall Gronk making that great of a catch the week when Odell made that one.

I mean, if he did, it wasn't even on the highlight reel: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000432991/Week-12-Lions-vs-Patriots-highlights

Gronk's absolute absurdity tends to be more after the catch anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaVUCg2W_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoNTSmxP7E

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 12, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

mcmagic posted:

Talib is worse.

Which doesn't make it suddenly okay for Douglas to do poo poo like that, last I checked. :colbert: I don't care who's worse over the course of a season, I care that what happened was loving disgusting.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Strobe posted:

Which doesn't make it suddenly okay for Douglas to do poo poo like that, last I checked. :colbert: I don't care who's worse over the course of a season, I care that what happened was loving disgusting.

Harry Douglas was like a model citizen choirboy when he was in Atlanta. Just look at what Mularkey and EXOTIC SMASHMOUTH have done to him :(

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://youtu.be/wtM7y8wEcG4

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Got the week wrong, but these were better catches:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000424952/Wk-10-Can-t-Miss-Play-A-grimy-interception

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000421868/Wk-9-Can-t-Miss-Play-Gronk-s-one-handed-grab

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sorry, the rest of the world disagrees with you and thinks you're a dummy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

Link to your incorrect opinions please

Nah, he's right tho. The only reason that catch got the attention it did was because it happened on SNF in Giants vs Cowboys. AJ Green makes insane catches all the time and no one gives a poo poo

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Antonio brown is the best receiver in the league. This is canon

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
right now I'm enjoying some pulled chicken and wild rice soup while reading Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback article

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Those are both extraordinary catches, but they look possible. What I think is so striking about the Odell catch is it really looks like it should have been physically impossible for the ball to actually stay in his hand.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

Nah, he's right tho. The only reason that catch got the attention it did was because it happened on SNF in Giants vs Cowboys. AJ Green makes insane catches all the time and no one gives a poo poo

The catch got everything overhyped because it was the Giants in Primetime against the Cowboys, but I think the anger over the hype it caused has caused people to forget that it was a really loving great catch.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap3000000433606/Beckham-catches-worldwide-attention

Gronk's is good but not quite in the same league. Grimes catch is real good, possibly the same league, but I think it's not as good for several very important distinctions

-OBJ made the catch with only 3 fingers, 2 fingers less than either of the other two
-OBJ's catch was longer downfield than both
-Unlike Gronk, OBJ actually caught a touchdown
-OBJ didn't need two hands to corral it in like Grimes did, he held on with a single hand, as he hit the ground.

And the most important distinction of all that both of you seem to be forgetting, Beckham made that catch while recovering from being blatantly interfered with. It was the best catch of the season and it caused stupid levels of hype, but it was still the best. Everytime I watch the replay in real time it doesn't make sense because it doesn't look possible, nobody thought he actually caught it at first.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Are dudes seriously going to argue that amazing catch is not amazing like we ain't got eyes to have seen it and dicks to have gotten rock hard when we did.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are dudes seriously going to argue that amazing catch is not amazing like we ain't got eyes to have seen it and dicks to have gotten rock hard when we did.

Nah, they just bitter because Odell got hyped into the stratosphere because of it and now they desperately want Beckham to actually be poo poo because he's a diva so they grab any possible argument they can to drag him down because they can't just admit he's real good.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 12, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Diva receivers own tho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Febreeze posted:

Nah, they just bitter because Odell got hyped into the stratosphere because of it and now they desperately want Beckham to actually be poo poo because he's a diva so they grab any possible argument they can to drag him down because they can't just admit he's real good

What if I just think the thing with the kicking net was stupid as hell

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Landry is a massive rear end in a top hat too so I'm starting to think lsu just breeds it

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

What if I just think the thing with the kicking net was stupid as hell

I mean, that had nothing to do with his ability as a player. I'm not arguing he's not a diva. He totally is. Honestly it might be part of what makes him good.

You can hate Beckham all you want there are plenty of reasons to, but trying to argue the catch wasn't actually great or that he's not that good is just loving stupid.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
There's no real good reason to hate Beckham, the diva/net/trash talk stuff makes him even better. Quiet, keep-your-head-down athletes don't entertain anyone

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Landry is a massive rear end in a top hat too so I'm starting to think lsu just breeds it

You'd be forever angry too if you wasted your college years playing wide receiver at LSU under such offensive luminaries as Greg Studrawa and Cam Cameron.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It was a great catch, but people saying ODB is a Top 5 WR because he made it are retarded. He's a top 20 WR in the league.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Top 20 wtf are you even talking about

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

I mean, that had nothing to do with his ability as a player. I'm not arguing he's not a diva. He totally is. Honestly it might be part of what makes him good.

You can hate Beckham all you want there are plenty of reasons to, but trying to argue the catch wasn't actually great or that he's not that good is just loving stupid.

It was a great catch, it just wasn't THE GREATEST CATCH OF ALL TIME

honestly, Tyree's catch was probably better for sheer hilarity alone

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MrLogan posted:

It was a great catch, but people saying ODB is a Top 5 WR because he made it are retarded. He's a top 20 WR in the league.

Uhhhhh he's easily top 5

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MrLogan posted:

No one here is saying he's a top 5 WR because he made it

they're saying he's a top 5 WR because he is one and anyone who actually watches him play knows that he's more than just the one catch.

I'm starting to be convinced you are Lot's Wife with the amount of salt you're throwing

TheChirurgeon posted:

It was a great catch, it just wasn't THE GREATEST CATCH OF ALL TIME
honestly, Tyree's catch was probably better for sheer hilarity alone

Tyree's catch was better simply because it happened in the SB. Beckham's might have an argument as the best regular season catch, but it will never have the lore of some of the best catches of all time simply because it was a 2nd quarter touchdown in a losing effort in like week 9.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 12, 2016

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

No one here is saying he's a top 5 WR because he made it

they're saying he's a top 5 WR because he is one and anyone who actually watches him play knows that he's more than just the one catch.

I'm starting to be convinced you are Lot's Wife with the amount of salt you're throwing

Febreeze diggin deep for biblical burns here

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MrLogan posted:

He is literally currently in the top 5 for the two most important metrics receivers are measured by

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gynecolojustice posted:

There's no real good reason to hate Beckham, the diva/net/trash talk stuff makes him even better. Quiet, keep-your-head-down athletes don't entertain anyone

and thusly, josh norman is the best player in the nfl because he stole the nuclear codes to odell's brain and just mashes on those bad boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
here's the top sixteen by yardage
Julio, Hilton, brown, Beckham, Evans, Cooper, green, sanders , Britt, demaryius Thomas, Landry, kelce, jordy, Greg Olsen, tyrell Williams, davante Adams

that's a lot of garbage real high

nuk is 40, dez 45, alshon 48, Cobb 49

• Locked thread