Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cake Attack posted:

if they mods started banning for bad opinion I'd the be only poster left in this forum
But you own a Vita product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Ryoji posted:

Just started playing Shiren the Wanderer. This game is awesome.
There is just so much stuff!

finally! another player. If you get in trouble you have your senior here to rescue you. you wont be able to really request a rescue till you clear the tower of mystery though. the main game this time is essentially a tutorial for the new mechanics and the meat of the game is in the extra dungeons.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Koei Tecmo America posted new Atelier information first for a change.

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/806862453350858752

They're also under 25% for the LE at NISA (only way to have physical in NA)
http://store.nisamerica.com/atelier-shallie-plus-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sea-limited-edition

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
Beware of downloading the patch for Steins;Gate 0. I've seen mixed reports about it, but I had three endings complete when I installed it and it corrupted my save file. :argh:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how is it BTW i havent started it because of ffxv

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
I thought SG0 was merely OK. I don't think anything can measure up to the first one, though, so maybe my bar was set way too high?

The patch fixes some minor graphical glitches and text issues, but I played the whole game without the patch installed and the problems didn't really bug me. It does corrupt saves, though, so install the patch before you start OR realize that you're going to have to auto-skip through stuff you've already seen if you end up having to start over.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

finally! another player. If you get in trouble you have your senior here to rescue you. you wont be able to really request a rescue till you clear the tower of mystery though. the main game this time is essentially a tutorial for the new mechanics and the meat of the game is in the extra dungeons.

I managed to get the three dice with my third try, but the night mode of the dungeon after the hermit was quite challenging I died on level 9.
Thanks for offering to rescue my character.

Any good ideas for the new item pots? I am not sure I understand that feature for 100%.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Ryoji posted:

I managed to get the three dice with my third try, but the night mode of the dungeon after the hermit was quite challenging I died on level 9.
Thanks for offering to rescue my character.

Any good ideas for the new item pots? I am not sure I understand that feature for 100%.

The pots are how you get unique abilities you might not find or how you mix abilities from other items so like a bracelet normally only does 1 thing

Me? I put like 5 or 6 Growth Bracelets in the pots (you can also put weapons and armor in the pot) I made a growth bracelet that shows me all the enemies on the map and lets me walk on water for example.

I made a stength bracelet for an example I managed to get exp for every act and the long distance throw

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Third and probably final trailer for SaGa: Scarlet Grace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJkCuhppB6I

Tell me when the soundtrack comes out, god drat.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Can someone tell me what album I'd want to buy in order to an OST for Ar no Surge? I'm buying at CDJapan (and'd like to order from them, since I have some reward points left), but I can't find a full OST, only fragmented ones or concert recordings.

The Gentlemieu
Jan 1, 2013
Soiled Meat

Szurumbur posted:

Can someone tell me what album I'd want to buy in order to an OST for Ar no Surge? I'm buying at CDJapan (and'd like to order from them, since I have some reward points left), but I can't find a full OST, only fragmented ones or concert recordings.

As far as I know they don't sell the full blown version. You'll want to get the 3 disk Ost which includes the standard battle and ambient tracks and then the two separate vocal track discs for the special music. The concert tracks are all fantastic. Also, iirc, the Ar no Surge Concerto actually performs them so the concert version and game version only differ in quality.

Ar_nosurge_Concert_AKA_TENTOKI
Ar_nosurge_Concert_AO_TOKIKAGURA
Ar_nosurge_Umareizuru_Hoshi_e_Inoru_Uta_Original_Soundtrack

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
You want any and all Gust concerts albums, anyway. The Ar tonelico listening experience isn't complete without the Hymmnos concerts.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'm going to buy the Ar Nosurge concert album, but some of the non-Hymnos music is very nice, too. Thanks for the help!

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

No clue about Europe but you can redeem Shantae: Half-Genie Hero backer codes now in America :toot:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How does one transfer a game clear data from Trails of Cold Steel 1 to 2? I'd need step by step directions because I'm dumb..

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It should just prompt you whenever you go to start a new CS2 game.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Going through Atelier Sophie, combat reminds me of Xenosaga Ep3's combat system. I find this a good thing.

Sophie's a good girl.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
Due to all this praise I am tempted to get a copy of Trails of Cold Steel (in Germany) before they are all sold out... (Good thing the vita is not regionlocked)
But soon my N3DS will arrive with some games... I should not buy games in advance, I usually end up not really playing them.

Edit:
New question:
Will there be a problem with the transfer a game clear data, when I bought the US Version of CS1 and will continue with the English PAl Version of CS2?

Ryoji fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 10, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ryoji posted:

Will there be a problem with the transfer a game clear data, when I bought the US Version of CS1 and will continue with the English PAl Version of CS2?

As already mentioned before in the thread, the saves aren't compatible. You'd need a CS1 and 2 being on the same region to transfer the save file.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

As already mentioned before in the thread, the saves aren't compatible. You'd need a CS1 and 2 being on the same region to transfer the save file.

oh duh, my bad. Sorry.
Thanks for your answer.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Really Pants posted:

It should just prompt you whenever you go to start a new CS2 game.

Thank you. I was worried about talk about Cross Save and this is the first game for me that I had a save file transfer over to a new game.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Speaking of CS2, I just cracked and laughed for nearly a minute with Jusis going "just think of me as Towa" while tagging along shopping.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sophie may be a good girl but I don't like her book

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the memos in demon gaze have been pretty awful, but i finally found someone with their head on straight

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://twitter.com/jecom_online/status/808131609287241728

Neat new gripcase intended to improve remote play. One day I'll have a handheld Vita again so.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the memos in demon gaze have been pretty awful, but i finally found someone with their head on straight

That's very tame compared to the Japanese ones, a tradition continued in the second game. Though the guy who would just write "Gaogaigar" all over the place seemed to have given up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

uiruki posted:

That's very tame compared to the Japanese ones, a tradition continued in the second game. Though the guy who would just write "Gaogaigar" all over the place seemed to have given up.

Ah, Clawshrimpy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ImpAtom posted:

Ah, Clawshrimpy.

:pusheen:

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
While we're talking about something that I had to Google to understand, is anyone picking up SaGa this week? I'm probably going to give it a miss as it's a game without Vita TV compatibility going into the Christmas season but I'd love to hear what people think about it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It's art style and game engine are terrible, but it's a legit SaGa game through and through.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
hey fellow teens

I just got a vita so what are the hot vita or vita/ps4 sclusies??

Ive had a vita tv so i have danganronpa 2 and ultra despair girls, lost dimension, vlr and ztd, muramasa and freedom wars. Yes ive played persona 4

The only things on my list so far is gravity rush and maybe persona dancetime.

I dont want to play the bad tity games like criminal girls or that one where you jerk off the vita to strip ladies

I am cool with importing as long as the game isnt heavily dependant on foreign language knowing

Thank you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AfroGunsou posted:

hey fellow teens

Ive had a vita tv so i have danganronpa 2 and ultra despair girls, lost dimension, vlr and ztd, muramasa and freedom wars. Yes ive played persona 4

I dont want to play the bad tity games like criminal girls or that one where you jerk off the vita to strip ladies

I am cool with importing as long as the game isnt heavily dependant on foreign language knowing

Thank you

Soul Sacrifice Delta, Gundam Breaker 3

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MrLonghair posted:

https://twitter.com/jecom_online/status/808131609287241728

Neat new gripcase intended to improve remote play. One day I'll have a handheld Vita again so.

[/timg]
[/quote]

That is awesome, is there anywhere to buy it yet?

E: ugh only for the 2000. What is the best trigger grip that includes at least L2/R2 for the 1000? I'm basically only interested in avoiding the back panel for remote play and moonlight

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 12, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AfroGunsou posted:

hey fellow teens

Thank you

I see a lack of Atelier and Neptunia in that list.

Also if you're talking Persona 4 on PS2, the game was changed significantly for golden and is worth at least one playthrough.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

AfroGunsou posted:

hey fellow teens

Thank you

Hot Shots Golf, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Steins Gate

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AfroGunsou posted:

hey fellow teens

Thank you

it's on ps3 as well, but trails of cold steel 1 and 2 are very good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys: Oath in Felghana, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Ys Seven, Ys VIII (import). Ys Origin comes out in a few weeks.

In Training fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 12, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is ys vi even on psp

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

is ys vi even on psp

Yes, though it's a pretty lovely port. I don't think there's a digital version anyway though so you couldn't play it on Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Odin Sphere (the remaster is way better than the PS2 version), Dragon quest Builders, World of final fantasy and Digimon Cyber Sleuth are all good