Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

everytime I see NASCAR Monster Energy Premier Series, I just have to stare in wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Cygni posted:

everytime I see NASCAR Monster Energy Premier Series, I just have to stare in wonder

Jesus Christ, tell me that's the new iRacing Pro Series.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's too bad they didn't buy naming rights for all the series.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cygni posted:

Woulda been better as NASCAR Monster Cup Series

Oh well

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Norns posted:

Woulda been better as NASCAR Monster Cup Series

Oh well

Presented by DUDE BRO

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Team_Penske/status/807233787147014144

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This looks interesting and might be worth a goonwatch at some point whenever video comes out:

https://twitter.com/Kenny_Wallace/status/808030317902757891

CactusWeasle posted:

Presented by DUDE BRO

Appearances of long skater bro hair, flat-billed hats, and FOX Racing gear on fans become more common across the circuit. They then leave when they watch races and see no ramps or pyrotechnics.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
what the rest of the country calls a modified is, in fact, a travesty upon mankind and also really, really bad

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Obviously the fix is to turn the back of cars into a ramp

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

"We need a number for our new car!"

*google image searches "nascar number," throws in blender*

https://twitter.com/JTGRacing/status/808434282855337984

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

"We need a number for our new car!"

*google image searches "nascar number," throws in blender*

https://twitter.com/JTGRacing/status/808434282855337984

What the gently caress, pick 59, YOU MORONS YOU RAN 59 IN THE BUSCH SERIES AND IT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR NUMBER.

e- That "3" doesn't even look right. Go get 59 from Leavine and give them a holiday gift basket for it or something right now.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 13, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's the Earnhardt 3 and the JTG 7 (from 47) and the 3 is shorter than the 7 and I hate it Chris deserves better

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's the Earnhardt 3 and the JTG 7 (from 47) and the 3 is shorter than the 7 and I hate it Chris deserves better

I wondered if it was intentionally the Dale "3". The variably-sized numbers look like something out of ARCA where a low-budget team adds a second car and has to awkwardly get a second number on a backup car from the primary team.

37 wouldn't have been awful if I weren't such a car number nerd and aware of the team having 59 and it essentially being right...there. Should've offered Leavine a sampler of all the companies on the 47's products.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm driving the 37x car

(the x means experimental, also it's duct tape)

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

what the rest of the country calls a modified is, in fact, a travesty upon mankind and also really, really bad

E: Gotta find some good supermod videos for Cytube.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 14, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
in my head canon that's the Reed's Salvia car

also good luck finding a decent supermod race, 99% are home movies and the other 1% is the 15 minutes of the Copper World Classic that's been on Youtube for a decade

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
everyone is upset that DiBennedetto is in the 32 next year and I'm over here like "how the gently caress does he even have a ride"

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

in my head canon that's the Reed's Salvia car

also good luck finding a decent supermod race, 99% are home movies and the other 1% is the 15 minutes of the Copper World Classic that's been on Youtube for a decade

Gopros make for good videos.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the quality is fine, it's just the single angle shots, hard edits and lack of play by play of any kind make them kind of a bear to watch for more than 5 minutes

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

David Ragan goes back to Front Row to join Landon Cassill.

The Woods get a Charter off lease from GoFAS Racing, which reveals to me that the only benefit of the Charters to smaller teams is that they can pawn them to bigger teams for additional revenue, which is ironic because that's what the Charter was meant to do for them.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Dirt Modifieds are pretty good, actually.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

Dirt Modifieds are pretty good, actually.

big block, sprint car derived ones are

chopped up late models are garbage tier racing and IMCA is a poo poo organization

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

chopped up late models are garbage tier racing and IMCA is a poo poo organization

I'm the guy complaining about the wrong kind of modifieds racing in December.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
man I'd hate that garbage in July

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Modifieds are Cool and Good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

RPM down to one car. What's the count on new vs. closed teams this offseason?

I get:
In: 37, 77
Out: 7, 15, 16, 44, 46

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

VikingSkull posted:

When your only other choice is not watching racing, they're fine.

Some time in my life I want to see BBMs live though.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Hopped back into iRacing after a year and 2nd race in went against an old truck winner, Donny Lia in the old K&N car at Michigan. He snookered me in the start but closed in and beat him.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BMB5150 posted:

Hopped back into iRacing after a year and 2nd race in went against an old truck winner, Donny Lia in the old K&N car at Michigan. He snookered me in the start but closed in and beat him.

niiiiice

two time Whelen title winner, 4 straight RoC wins, you done good

e- I will likely be back in iRacing when dirt hits

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

niiiiice

What WOULD be the ultimate dirt tracks to put in IRacing btw?

I'm intrigued by this possibility.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

niiiiice

Followed that up in 3rd race back in iRacing after a year hiatus and effortlessly beat everyone at Michigan. Passed 3 on the start, someone dropped out in the race and ran through my car and no 4x luckily, and just scared 1st and 2nd by intimidating and pestering them. Drove off with just driving at 80%

Then went into Trucks at Talladega, got a lucky dog in 9th on a gwc, got to fifth, and netcode broke and crashed the top 5 including me. :v:

iRacing.exe

FuzzySkinner posted:

What WOULD be the ultimate dirt tracks to put in IRacing btw?

I'm intrigued by this possibility.

Eldora (which is coming), Knoxville, William's Grove to name a few.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pretty sure Williams Grove is on the list of confirmed tracks as well.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

njsykora posted:

Pretty sure Williams Grove is on the list of confirmed tracks as well.

it is

Eldora (confirmed)
The Grove (confirmed)
Knoxville
Dirt Track @ Lowe's
Volusia
maybe a dirt and paved version of Oswego

BMB5150 posted:

Followed that up in 3rd race back in iRacing after a year hiatus and effortlessly beat everyone at Michigan. Passed 3 on the start, someone dropped out in the race and ran through my car and no 4x luckily, and just scared 1st and 2nd by intimidating and pestering them. Drove off with just driving at 80%

Then went into Trucks at Talladega, got a lucky dog in 9th on a gwc, got to fifth, and netcode broke and crashed the top 5 including me. :v:

iRacing.exe

I almost never go for wins, and I never qualify. I start in the back and shoot for top 10's. If I'm there at the end, then I drop the hammer.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

it is

Eldora (confirmed)
The Grove (confirmed)
Knoxville
Dirt Track @ Lowe's
Volusia

I almost never go for wins, and I never qualify. I start in the back and shoot for top 10's. If I'm there at the end, then I drop the hammer.

Someone sugguested making the "All-Star" race be a race at the dirt track in Charlotte on NASCAR Radio.

Chocolate Myers threw a fit over it for some reason.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

it is

Eldora (confirmed)
The Grove (confirmed)
Knoxville
Dirt Track @ Lowe's
Volusia

I did exactly that. Well I qualified but I moved back to let them kill each other. Just happened only 5 guys were left to fight for the win and we all wrecked. I literally didn't hit the brakes til I was sideways going into the inside wall with the guy I was tandeming.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

They should add Slinger :colbert:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BMB5150 posted:

I did exactly that. Well I qualified but I moved back to let them kill each other. Just happened only 5 guys were left to fight for the win and we all wrecked. I literally didn't hit the brakes til I was sideways going into the inside wall with the guy I was tandeming.

what class are you?

I think I still have my A oval license and IIRC I'm either D or C on road courses

e- kinda want to start a new account and run roughshod over the street stock guys

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Class B 2.5 on ovals and class C about 2.3 on road courses. I want to get better on ovals and just working on trucks and K&N and some one offs in Indycars and Xfinity at plate tracks

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
yeah I pretty much stuck to Indy and Trucks, unless I could find a mod or sprint race

sprints are hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Stupid thing I noticed via the google machine.

In "TALLADEGA NIGHTS" there's a 1969 Chevelle driven by Ricky Bobby's dad. One stupid thing I noticed is that...the paint scheme is based on an old Smokey Yunick car.

Really I'm looking for an excuse to get Viking to go off about Smokey Yunick,. (Please do so.)

(Did you know one of his cars is very proudly displayed in the IMS Museum right now? :unsmith:)

• Locked thread