Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I want it to be the Sentry, because it'd undoubtedly be the result of Stan/his ghostwriter not remembering or not caring what "Ronan looks for a sentry" means in context and got his info from a quick google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Would a ten-story tall Robert Reynolds also be acceptable?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm honestly hoping he's looking for Rob, but for a hilariously stupid reason besides killing him.

Alternatively, behold the Jonah Sentry!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I see what happened here. Someone told them to make Ronan as Kirby as possible and the artist just drastically misunderstood.

I skimmed through this post at first, not getting it. Then I went back and was in Game mode, and now I can't stop laughing thanks a lot.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Pretty sure we'll get a Fantastic Four cameo out of this.

Ben Grimm will show up, beat the crap out of Ronan and Intergalactic Sentry 0013 or whatever, then tell Peter "Eh my Aunt Petunia could have handled him" then fly off in his kitchen sink Fantasticar section, but not until he gooses MJ.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Reed and Sue just pull up in a car with the kids in the back and tell Ronan to calm the gently caress down and have a snickersHostess fruit pie.

Then he hops in the back, they all leave, and Spider-man wakes up a winner again.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Johnny calm down and have a hostess. You turn all accusey when you're hungry...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*laughtrack*

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

"Now hand me my billifold, there's a late tariff I have to pay."

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Haha, exactly, that's so rich coming from him.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That poo poo-eating grin lol

Also holy poo poo is this arc just begging to be photoshopped or what? Every day I look at a panel and think that, if I were a funnier man, I could put something into those text balloons that would just kill it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Says the man with his t-shirt tucked into his jeans.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Manatee Cannon posted:

the sentry is lame

He was pretty cool before Bendis utterly wrecked him as a character beyond any and all rehabilitation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah his old personality of lovely OC please don't steal was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope to God Peter just faked out being KOed because he'll be damned if this roadtrip with MJ is gonna take any longer than necessary, and they'll just head off on their merry way after putting in a call to the FF to deal with this.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

I'd be fine if, after this strip, Ronan is never shown again and Peter and MJ just keep driving down the road.

"Well, that was weird...time to hit the ol' dusty trail."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I just hope they move on to the next diner where some other villain who's WAY out of Spidey's weight class is waiting. And that Peter keeps being a passive aggressive dick when MJ checks up on him.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, that's about normal for him

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

SilverSupernova posted:

I just hope they move on to the next diner where some other villain who's WAY out of Spidey's weight class is waiting. And that Peter keeps being a passive aggressive dick when MJ checks up on him.

Next Time: The High Evolutionary gets gas and drives off without paying!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

thanos will fly in on his helicopter and pop one of the tires on the spider-mobile when they aren't looking

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Living Tribunal is demanding to see the manager at a McDonalds while Pete and MJ are behind him in the drive-thru.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ego the Living Planet has double parked over a handicapped space and the parking spot Peter tried to get.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The Shi'ar royal court booked every room in the only motel for 200 miles.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Finally got my 5.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

best thread about best comic

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"What in Doom's name is a mocha whip? Doom just demands a regular coffee!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bruceski posted:

"What in Doom's name is a mocha whip? Doom just demands a regular coffee!"

Wait till Doom finds out there is no "regular" size, it comes in Large, Super-Large or Jumbo Extra. :doom:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Jerusalem posted:

Wait till Doom finds out there is no "regular" size, it comes in Large, Super-Large or Jumbo Extra. :doom:

Only the Jumbo Extra is worthy of Doom! :doom:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
THIS SIZE IS NOW CALLED "DOOM", PUNY BARISTA

ANY FOOLS WHO DARE ORDER AN INFERIOR SIZE SHALL BE IMPRISONED IN THE DEEPEST VAULTS OF LATVERIA! THE WORD OF DOOM IS LAW! :doom:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

THIS SIZE IS NOW CALLED "DOOM", PUNY BARISTA

ANY FOOLS WHO DARE ORDER AN INFERIOR SIZE SHALL BE IMPRISONED IN THE DEEPEST VAULTS OF LATVERIA! THE WORD OF DOOM IS LAW! :doom:

New Yorker: ...got anything bigger than this? :mad:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

New Yorker: ...got anything bigger than this? :mad:

That is the limited edition "Doctor Doom" size. Which only Doom himself may partake in.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SilverSupernova posted:

Ego the Living Planet has double parked over a handicapped space and the parking spot Peter tried to get.

Considering the change happening to Ego in GotGv.2, this is actually quite feasible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jogging intensifies

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I can't believe Ronan ripped Wall-E's head and spine off to argue about directions.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

So I guess Pete missed the part where Ronan was yelling about finding the Sentry.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ikasuhito posted:

So I guess Pete missed the part where Ronan was yelling about finding the Sentry.

He was literally unconscious for that part, yes. And only that part.

That old Parker luck!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ronan will power walk his way to his goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope Peter goes and shakes awake Sarge and starts screaming,"BUT WHAT!?! BUT WHAT!?!" at him.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 14, 2016

• Locked thread