Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mill Village posted:

I like how Scorch does this force lightning thing with his flames and just incinerates the pilot.

Incidentally, this is the right way to play Scorch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I figured out why I am so utterly poo poo at shooting at this game besides playing it on PS4. COD has incredibly generous lock-on when you ADS and the maps have very defined sight lines and are primarily horizontal, whereas this game is all about predictable angles which constantly shift and move. I don't know if I can hack it. I'm getting destroyed in Pilots v Pilots with only 2 kills the whole map. It's frustrating. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this poo poo.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Captain Internet posted:

I figured out why I am so utterly poo poo at shooting at this game besides playing it on PS4. COD has incredibly generous lock-on when you ADS and the maps have very defined sight lines and are primarily horizontal, whereas this game is all about predictable angles which constantly shift and move. I don't know if I can hack it. I'm getting destroyed in Pilots v Pilots with only 2 kills the whole map. It's frustrating. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this poo poo.

I can almost guarantee that I am older than you and I can hack it! Switch your controls to bumper jumper (pilot only) and give it some time.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Captain Internet posted:

Does PVP have titan meter? Could you get that until you get enough for a smart pistol?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I would buy a Titan execution where they rip off a hatch, squat over it and poo poo oil into it.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

I would probably not buy a pilot execution where you steal the pin out of someone's grenade.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
If you're learning the game then Pilot v Pilot is the wrong mode. It's full of the highest skill guys who don't like Titan fights because they are too slow and "unfair".

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Captain Internet posted:

Stop trying to play it like COD and start moving. You don't have to ADS if you don't want to. It can help you for long distance shots but that's about it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pilot vs. Pilot is also more hectic than Attrition, due to there being even more pilots per side than usual.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Been getting a lot of pubs shooting at my Ion with their regular guns. KEEP IT COMIN

LASER FIGHT

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Northstar has a tether that keeps people in place for the duration of the windup.

Shoot the tether.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

You have the best gifs Wazzit :allears:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
On console does Ion's shoulder laser get aim assist? If so I'm jelly as gently caress.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Ever since someone in here pointed out that you can vortex Legion's gun back under its shield, I get super loving hyped up whenever I know there's a Legion on the other team because I know, that even if I don't contribute anything else all match, somebody is going to be eating poo poo.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Wazzit is the reason I play Ion a lot now. I love that titan almost as much as I love his gifs.

Also, I am thankful for 2 things. First that he is a goon, second that he plays on console. Just imagine that skill with the precision of a mouse.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Knifegrab posted:

On console does Ion's shoulder laser get aim assist? If so I'm jelly as gently caress.

Not 100% sure but I don't think so, as I manage to miss with it because I am bad at video games.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RichterIX posted:

Ever since someone in here pointed out that you can vortex Legion's gun back under its shield, I get super loving hyped up whenever I know there's a Legion on the other team because I know, that even if I don't contribute anything else all match, somebody is going to be eating poo poo.

They deserve it if they're stupid enough to keep shooting.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Wang posted:

You have the best gifs Wazzit :allears:

Replace "films" with "gifs" and "Martin Scorcese" with "Wazzit."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVeGmfcHkS4

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

SpazmasterX posted:

They deserve it if they're stupid enough to keep shooting.

Where do you aim to achieve this? Just at their feet or what?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you're learning the game then Pilot v Pilot is the wrong mode. It's full of the highest skill guys who don't like Titan fights because they are too slow and "unfair".

Not to mention it's 8v8 so it's hectic as hell. I really hate this game in 8v8 in any mode. The maps don't seem big enough for it so you end up with dumb spawns and getting shot in the back instantly a lot.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Vlex posted:

Where do you aim to achieve this? Just at their feet or what?

It doesn't always work, but generally if they are aiming at the weak spot on your Titan it leaves a gap between the shield and the ground. It also builds your core crazy fast, so after you reflect a bunch of bullets at them you can Optic Blast them for good measure.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

RichterIX posted:

It doesn't always work, but generally if they are aiming at the weak spot on your Titan it leaves a gap between the shield and the ground. It also builds your core crazy fast, so after you reflect a bunch of bullets at them you can Optic Blast them for good measure.

I use amped vortex a lot so this is good news.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I do love Ion but Northstar is good and fun and idk why I didn't play him earlier. I really want to like scorch but I'm just so bad with him :(

Funkameleon posted:

I play at off peak hours because of work and I've really grown to loathe attrition, the only playlist with people playing. I don't think I've ever really had a close game, and I feel like comebacks are the hardest to make in it.

Eh, quite the opposite for me imo. You really need to group up--not sure how anyone plays otherwise. Even just having a small group of 3 helps a lot. Granted there are attrition games that are just stomps I feel a lot of them end with the scores pretty close. There are some epic comebacks often as well. Hell, last night we ended up coming back and winning a game 475-474

But yeah group up

Captain Internet posted:

I figured out why I am so utterly poo poo at shooting at this game besides playing it on PS4.

Ya why are you playing pilot vs pilot? Mess around with the aiming sensitivities (both ads and not) and switch to bumper jumper if you haven't already.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Ion is cool and good. He's my favorite general use Titan and the second I made it to gen 2 with, scorch being the first. The whole kit is useful, even if the primary is a bit weak. Wazzit, are you a PSBro or Xboner? I'd love to see lasers with another Ion enthusiast.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone know if double xp still going

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Anyone know if double xp still going

Pretty sure it was supposed to stop at 10 or 11 am Central.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Any incredibly cool goons want to team up with me on the PS4?

Send me a friend inv and message say your a goon. PSN: Lord_Snow56.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It's not

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Ion is cool and good. He's my favorite general use Titan and the second I made it to gen 2 with, scorch being the first. The whole kit is useful, even if the primary is a bit weak. Wazzit, are you a PSBro or Xboner? I'd love to see lasers with another Ion enthusiast.

I'm mainly on Xbox but I also have it on PS4 because I have no self control. Add me, Wazzit on both consoles.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
I'm absolutely in love with this game. So much so that I bought it again on ps4 despite already owning it on the PC. I don't think I've been this obsessed about a first person shooter since team fortress or tribes.

I'm pretty terrible though. Is there an on screen indicator where the AI grunts are for farming? Or do I just need to memorize where the lanes are?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Athanatos posted:

Northstar has a tether that keeps people in place for the duration of the windup.

Using it you will never lose a Bounty Hunt game.

last night i discovered that northstar's tether can also apparently tether pilots, when (i assume this was the sequence of events) i got into a close range fight with northstar while on low health, activated nuclear eject in an attempt to make her retreat back into allies, after i started activating nuke she dropped a tether under me, and then my pilot just got pulled right the gently caress back down into my own nuclear ejection. i honestly couldnt even be mad at that, it was loving hilarious

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

lostleaf posted:

I'm absolutely in love with this game. So much so that I bought it again on ps4 despite already owning it on the PC. I don't think I've been this obsessed about a first person shooter since team fortress or tribes.

I'm pretty terrible though. Is there an on screen indicator where the AI grunts are for farming? Or do I just need to memorize where the lanes are?

So the minimap will show the position and direction of gunfire. The small dots are on the minimap are grunts, spectres, or stalkers. Big dots are other pilots.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Where my Ion's at. I got a couple of BWW codes I could share for the nose art (doesn't work with prime Titan :saddowns:)

If you play tone in any capacity keep scrollin'

If no one took those BWW codes I'd take one. Warning: I do play as Tone some.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

soggybagel posted:

Warning: I do play as Tone some.

Mods?

Check your PMs. Also I think the BWW codes expire Thursday

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

So the minimap will show the position and direction of gunfire. The small dots are on the minimap are grunts, spectres, or stalkers. Big dots are other pilots.

Is it possible to adjust the size of the minimap? Or at least the scale?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Mods?

Check your PMs. Also I think the BWW codes expire Thursday

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Also since there is a 7-11 next to my place I decided to download the app and buy some doritos to get that COOL avatar for Xbox....but they never sent me the email. Did anyone else never get their Titanfall 2 7-11 promo codes?

God I'm pathetic.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

it's not dota

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

lostleaf posted:

Is it possible to adjust the size of the minimap? Or at least the scale?

Not that I'm aware of.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
Somebody finally made me want to learn how to use holopilot effectively

http://imgur.com/a/NGN8Q?sf51283987=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
What's the optimal ION setup?