Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
This thread took a real dive in quality a page or two ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
As a reminder, people need to do citadel.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
We still need someone to do like 1/5 of a contribution on logs or maybe rations so we can have all upkeep covered.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

fishmech posted:

We still need someone to do like 1/5 of a contribution on logs or maybe rations so we can have all upkeep covered.

I'll help out tomorrow.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i havent played this since runescape classic, and i think it will stay that way. good bye.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

furthermore, runescape classic was the better game. thank you.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Google Butt posted:

furthermore, runescape classic was the better game. thank you.

come to classic server 2 in the next 10 minutes if u want an rear end kickin

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

O.o

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
hey fishmech, you remember a few years ago when ho chi mivko was clan leader, and he kept kicking you for no reason?

well I had a key back then, and I got in on the action

I regret it all, you are a swell dude

is there some clanchat on osrs that the few of us that play it congregate on? I just rolled up an account to remember The Good Ol' Days and would like to drunkenly ramble at goons while I click rocks

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

hey fishmech, you remember a few years ago when ho chi mivko was clan leader, and he kept kicking you for no reason?

well I had a key back then, and I got in on the action

I regret it all, you are a swell dude

is there some clanchat on osrs that the few of us that play it congregate on? I just rolled up an account to remember The Good Ol' Days and would like to drunkenly ramble at goons while I click rocks

M ivko was such an idiot. Bring back Flex, made goonscape flourish.

Is there any way to get Flex, V E L I X and Pizzalady playing again?!

FunnyFatGuy
Jan 15, 2008
New to clue scrolls, solved this one once wouldn't open, relogged, resolved it still not working. What am I doing wrong?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

FunnyFatGuy posted:

New to clue scrolls, solved this one once wouldn't open, relogged, resolved it still not working. What am I doing wrong?

Wait until daily reset / mondays update. They reshuffle clue boxes, so you should get the troll puzzle again but with another, hopefully working, configuration.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Premier pricing is up again on Monday so I'll... probably start playing again.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Is it worth bothering with The Arc?

allta
Mar 28, 2011

LemonyTang posted:

Is it worth bothering with The Arc?

If you have 90+ in a few skills <particularly mining, div, woodcutting, farming, or fishing being the most desirable> it's a fantastic update and definitely worth doing. You can get by with just 1 of the skills needed in arc and be just fine things will just take you a little bit longer than they would otherwise.

Also if you have 96 slayer you can do a miniquest that unlocks Arhat's which are both great invention exp but also have a 1 in 2k chance of dropping a 40m spear*

Basically if you have 1 decently high skill and are looking for pretty good and AFK experiance with it Arc is the place to be, some of the stuff has the best exp rates in the game. Some of the unlockables are also pretty decent as well.

*some easy assembly required

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
It got a series of nice little mini-quests that aren't overly long or complicated in my opinion and it's one of the first environments built for NXT, so looks really nice.
I enjoyed spending a bit of time to finding and claiming my own island that I really liked the look of with useful resources.
It has some nice collection systems if you are into that stuff too.

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
any goons playing on oldschool servers? I have been enjoying it a lot the past few weeks. Trying to work my way up to bond.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

No.Mercy posted:

any goons playing on oldschool servers? I have been enjoying it a lot the past few weeks. Trying to work my way up to bond.

Currently grinding Woodcutting and Firemaking. It's a hoot.

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Currently grinding Woodcutting and Firemaking. It's a hoot.

The grind is love, the grind is life brother. Add Mercykiller to your friends, I just got his cooking to 68 so I can make pizzas without any burn chance! I'm also working on a str/ranged pure for some f2p pking, I have never ever been good at that in my life so I want to give it an honest try.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

I play oldschool but haven't logged in for a few weeks since I got cleaned staking. rip 300m

Have a 102 main with ~1700 total and one 99 (fletch lol, dart lyfe babyyyy)

also have a low hp obby maul str pure where I only train str by fishing so no hp levels. 30hp, 60str, 90fish.

and me and a few friends share a maxed staking account for when we wanna go throw our banks at the duel arena (and inevitably lose, then quit). Best staking climb we've had was a 10m to 150m climb where we went all in every stake. poo poo is intense!
and account sharing is allowed now, fyi.

but what I reaaaaaaaaaaally want to do is make a hardcore ironman and rush nmz so I can breeze through the game with my super high cmb while never dying. I think it would be fun, but a looooooot of drudgery and grinding. ironman poo poo takes like 5x longer than normal accounts, and I just cant justify doing that poo poo.

but I really want to :(

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

I play oldschool but haven't logged in for a few weeks since I got cleaned staking. rip 300m

Have a 102 main with ~1700 total and one 99 (fletch lol, dart lyfe babyyyy)

also have a low hp obby maul str pure where I only train str by fishing so no hp levels. 30hp, 60str, 90fish.

and me and a few friends share a maxed staking account for when we wanna go throw our banks at the duel arena (and inevitably lose, then quit). Best staking climb we've had was a 10m to 150m climb where we went all in every stake. poo poo is intense!
and account sharing is allowed now, fyi.

but what I reaaaaaaaaaaally want to do is make a hardcore ironman and rush nmz so I can breeze through the game with my super high cmb while never dying. I think it would be fun, but a looooooot of drudgery and grinding. ironman poo poo takes like 5x longer than normal accounts, and I just cant justify doing that poo poo.

but I really want to :(

No way dude I just did the security dungeon and they told me to log out when I'm not in the room just so my friends don't help me with a quest even. lul

Mursupitsku
Sep 12, 2011
I've also been tempted to do a HC ironman for oldschool. Last time I played I just botted to get to pk or flipped at the ge and I think playing an ironman could really breathe some fresh air into the game for me. But then I think how much of a pain doing anything would be and it's holding me back. Maybe I'll go for it atleast for the easy early levels and see where it goes from there.

Some youtuber mentioned an efficient questing guide for new ironmans. Anyone know where to find such thing?

allta
Mar 28, 2011
BTS December released today, Including a new quest with the highest pre-requisite quests to date and Christmas and then...nothing? As excited as I am for the new quest even with the winter weekends it seems kinda like a sparse month honestly...

Behind the Scenes | December 2016
We have all sorts of Christmas cheer planned for you this month, but the main piece of content is far from festive. Two and a half years since the world shook and the Sixth Age began...get ready for Sliske's Endgame.

Sliske's Endgame
The story so far has been riveting. Sliske - after killing Guthix and shaking up all the gods by promising the Stone of Jas to the victor of his cruel game - is preparing for the final showdown. In this epic finale, you'll see all the gods and battle winners come face to face once again as their scores are compared – Vorago, Armadyl, Saradomin, Seren...and a few surprise guests all wait to see who's come out on top.
With many different outcomes depending on your choices, parts of the quest will be replayable, allowing you to experience the full story. Finally, we'll find out Sliske's motives and discover the real puppet master behind the scenes.
The ending is quite something, a fitting conclusion for this year's major storyline. The world will never be the same again.
Rewards are suitably - well - rewarding for a story of this magnitude. There's plenty of new off-hand and jewellery items that help enhance your non-combat skilling, plus an XP orientated set bonus when they are all worn together. For the lore fans this quest is positively dripping with story – just read EVERYTHING you find. Oh, and there's a very healthy, god-sized chunk of XP, too.
This really is a fantastic storyline – starting from Missing, Presumed Death and the action in the Empyrean Citadel, we've helped organise heists in Dishonour among Thieves, been reunited with dead allies in Nomad's Elegy, tried to free the Barrows Brothers in Kindred Spirits and - only last month - revisited Freneskae to thwart plans to create a new universe in Children of Mah.
Each part of this amazing quest chain is required to engage in Sliske's Endgame – it's a superb journey featuring some of the most popular quests of all time, and we hope you enjoy this momentous conclusion.

Christmas
Once you've caught your breath after Sliske's rollercoaster ride, why not chill out and bask in the Christmas spirit? We have a full calendar of event for you - just check out the Christmas tab on the community interface. We've got:
A specially themed, 15-year anniversary Christmas event in which you can take a nostalgic trip to many of your favourite Christmas events from previous years… with an interesting new twist. Expect a bunch of Christmas-themed skilling activities and cosmetic rewards when you complete it.
The Festive Aura is back, giving a bonus 50% XP, with a 50k cap, every day.
We have 6 Winter Weekends starting in December and continuing well into January, offering bonus rewards for the Arc, skilling, bossing and slayer, clue scrolls, minigames, Player-Owned Ports and Dungeoneering.
There's an Advent Calendar too, with a new prize on offer each and every day, with plenty of ways to catch up if you miss a day while you're off Christmas shopping. Keep an eye out for daily freebies like elite skilling outfit pieces and spring cleaners – they'll be on Treasure Hunter too!
And there's plenty of community orientated activities too, with Christmas challenges and winter sweepstakes and competitions too. Check us out on social media for more information.
Finally, don't forget this year's outstanding Premier Club – filled with unique rewards and membership deals.
Merry Christmas from everyone here at Jagex – whatever you play, have fun doing it.
Wooters out!
Mod Mark
Design Director - RuneScape

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
They expressly mention that there will be a 15 year christmas anniversary event, but I understand if you missed it amongst all the other christmas stuff. It is kind of odd that there is only 1 non-christmas update, but I guess since it's an epic finale quest that's okay?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

They expressly mention that there will be a 15 year christmas anniversary event, but I understand if you missed it amongst all the other christmas stuff. It is kind of odd that there is only 1 non-christmas update, but I guess since it's an epic finale quest that's okay?

They usually take a break between christmas and new years. Maybe the event is a 2 parter, since it's appearently 15 years of event locations?

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Psychedelicatessen posted:

They usually take a break between christmas and new years. Maybe the event is a 2 parter, since it's appearently 15 years of event locations?

From what I've read on the RSOF they are releasing the Christmas update in 2 parts, part 1 on Monday, quest is due for release on the 11th and then Christmas even likely the 18th. Also one of the J mods alluded to January being a pretty big month but I guess we'll see that when we get to it.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i come to share the glory of snow http://imgur.com/Rb59jrM nature altar looks cool would recommend going there to fap or something, just spend a few mins there checking it out

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
loving NEOBDRAGON

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

It came from GBS (thanks Putty)

Putty posted:

While trying to look up the song lyrics to my favorite youtube music video (Big Smoke's Order) I came across this Reddit Excel document which apparently has over 1000 confessions from Runescapers similar to our Anon Confession Thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m6bI37s_KNik9M88F_VhtuQngzxnMXDXsOTLZVj3moA/edit#gid=0

Most of them deal with the actual game and I have no idea what they mean but some have general confessions which are pretty dank I will post the ones I find. Yes, most of them are men pretending to be girls.

Lots of bad at pvm, paying mils for nudes and middle school scamming

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Lots of bad at pvm, paying mils for nudes and middle school scamming

Is pretending to be a woman for multiple years that common of a thing? Christ no wonder every pubie just assumes I'm a dude...

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

allta posted:

Is pretending to be a woman for multiple years that common of a thing? Christ no wonder every pubie just assumes I'm a dude...

I think it's only the case in rs07 these days, but years ago it was not uncommon for people to get scammed by gfs who turned out to be bfs.
Of course, back then everybody thought that your avatar was the same as your real self, and I got creeped on by a weird dude after finishing Recruitment Drive in 08.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

allta posted:

People just assume you're a dude everywhere unless you explicitly make it clear, for reasons that could probably be explained by sociology and psychology or something that I couldn't begin to really think of right now. I've also seen goons on the forum refer to women as men even when they've made it clear they're not because the idea that everyone is a man online is the view they're so entrenched and tunnel visioned into that all they see is a sausage fest.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Please no sausage shaming in the thread.

e:

I think it's only the case in rs07 these days, but years ago it was not uncommon for people to get scammed by gfs who turned out to be bfs.

This is 100% true and pretty much died down when ways to get skill levels improved. Or at least I heard of less instances. Anecdotal and whatnot.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 9, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

People just assume you're a dude everywhere unless you explicitly make it clear, for reasons that could probably be explained by sociology and psychology or something that I couldn't begin to really think of right now. I've also seen goons on the forum refer to women as men even when they've made it clear they're not because the idea that everyone is a man online is the view they're so entrenched and tunnel visioned into that all they see is a sausage fest.

Kari help I'm thinking about playing again

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

How Rude posted:

Kari help I'm thinking about playing again

I can see how what she has posted would entice anyone to want to play again. It was truly heartfelt, very convincing and most importantly free of puns.

But you still probably shouldn't.

e:
vvv :munch: vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 11, 2016

Neobdragon
Jun 30, 2013

Swicky posted:

loving NEOBDRAGON

loving swicky

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
We really need people to do logs, cloth and rations.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Hey, I found my old runescape account from 2013 again!

Didn't really want to grind all the way again but I'd kind of assumed that it'd been deleted when we went from Runescape 2 to 3. Gonna see if I can change my name and then I might think about applying again. :toot:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
We still need someone to do like another 1000 units of cloth to meet citadel upkeep, before tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I can take care of that today, already finished off logs last night.