Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Gynecolojustice posted:

There's no real good reason to hate Beckham, the diva/net/trash talk stuff makes him even better. Quiet, keep-your-head-down athletes don't entertain anyone

Yeah nobody likes watching Julio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dermatitis Thomas

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The ODB catch was amazing but I feel like every other Giants game I see he makes a similar catch way out of bounds and I'm treated to several dozen replays of an incomplete catch.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

X post

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/808365904048357376

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Frog Princess posted:

Yeah nobody likes watching Julio.

If he got ejected from a few games I'd tune into every Falcons game.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

BrownThunder posted:

Please don't argue football with Mr "Frank Gore is absolutely making the Hall of Fame" Logan

I Can't Believe I Had To Quote This Again

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I could hear an argument for only top 10 WR. i'd disagree with it, but I could almost buy it, thanks to things Chir has mentioned like he's the main target of a bad offense so he gets inflated attempts or whatever, and that he's on the low end of the top 5, but top 20? Suggesting that he's not even a top 10? I don't understand how someone can possibly argue he's not top 10. He's put up numbers in top 5-top 10 since he started his first game. He's set records for how fast he's gotten to yardage totals and touchdown totals.

fsif posted:

The ODB catch was amazing but I feel like every other Giants game I see he makes a similar catch way out of bounds and I'm treated to several dozen replays of an incomplete catch.

by-product of the hype. Honestly I hate it too. I don't need to see his warmup catches anymore, I know he's good at it. It's started to happen less and less now thanks to him no longer being a new player and more an established presence, but it's still happening too often.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 12, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

yo dogg i've seen this story play out before

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

TheChirurgeon posted:

Febreeze diggin deep for biblical burns here

The only reason I even get that joke is because someone (I think it was Mel) make the same style joke last year. Hard to believe I'm learning about biblical stories from TFF, but here we are.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Febreeze posted:

by-product of the hype. Honestly I hate it too. I don't need to see his warmup catches anymore, I know he's good at it. It's started to happen less and less now thanks to him no longer being a new player and more an established presence, but it's still happening too often.

Besides, the rediculous warmup catch highlight really begins and ends here tbh

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Any news on the Melvin Gordon injury?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mike Evans would beat up obj worse than that dumbass net. He's big and cool and my friend

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Just dropping in to say that Harry Douglas is a piece of poo poo

LOL, no he isn't.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He is literally currently in the top 5 for the two most important metrics receivers are measured by

Targets and being bitchmade?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MrLogan posted:

Okay dummy, lets dance. Since literally everyone in this thread is disagreeing with your assessment, even McMagic, who hates the Giants more than any non-NFCE team rival in this forum, lets see who you think is better.

You say top 20, which implies you think he's not top 10 or top 5. So name the players he's worse than. All of them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

Which doesn't make it suddenly okay for Douglas to do poo poo like that, last I checked. :colbert: I don't care who's worse over the course of a season, I care that what happened was loving disgusting.

Here is the play in question. You can see the cut block in the top right of the screen before the runner goes down.

https://youtu.be/skHo9L_VgEg?t=2m10s

Douglas is squaring up on Harris and uses a cut block to take him out of the play. Douglas wasn't looking towards the play, he was looking at his assignment.

Harry Douglas is a loving choir boy; there's no way he'd ever try to hurt someone, he was just covering his assignment on a designed run-play. Cut blocking is legal, to my knowledge. So unless I'm wrong, or you just think any player using a cut block is a dirty piece of poo poo... then you've really got no standing here.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 12, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Cut blocks generally are understandable if the WR has to block someone much much larger than them, and even then they are dangerous as hell. Cut blocking someone your own size is extra lovely, Douglas could have blocked him the old fashioned way

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gynecolojustice posted:

Cut blocks generally are understandable if the WR has to block someone much much larger than them, and even then they are dangerous as hell. Cut blocking someone your own size is extra lovely, Douglas could have blocked him the old fashioned way

Then point your finger at the OC or Mularky himself. The only way Harry does that poo poo is if he's being told to do it.

Aqib Talib, of all people, calling Harry Douglas a dirty player is just the funniest poo poo I've read all year.

edit:

memba this?

Aqib Talib is a notorious piece of poo poo.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 12, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Harry Douglas dove at Harris knees with his helmet because he is too lazy or unskilled in reaching out with his hands to block like you are taught. Again, that sorta is understandable if its Danny Woodhead trying to block Khalil Mack or something, but Harris is a small dude. It's possible that Harry Douglas is a good guy who just decided to do a dirty thing because he felt it was the only way, he's not an evil person, but best-case he is lazy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gynecolojustice posted:

Harry Douglas dove at Harris knees with his helmet because he is too lazy or unskilled in reaching out with his hands to block like you are taught. Again, that sorta is understandable if its Danny Woodhead trying to block Khalil Mack or something, but Harris is a small dude. It's possible that Harry Douglas is a good guy who just decided to do a dirty thing because he felt it was the only way, he's not an evil person, but best-case he is lazy

He's not good, that's true.

We're talking about Harry Douglas here, not DJ Swearinger. He's never done anything someone could label him "dirty" for, and this poo poo with Harris' knee was just an accident that's being blown out of proportion because the only angle people are getting is one that makes it look like it happened after the play was dead.

Aqib is definitely justified in calling him a sorry ball player, though. He was never that good and now he's just plain bad.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Speaking of dirty: Cliff Avril punched TJ Lang in the dick and balls

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Like, if Douglas had just reached out and grabbed Harris chestplate with his hands and pushed backward he would have kept him out of the play and done his job. Instead now he has to worry about getting his rear end shot in Atlanta by Talib and his mom

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think Harry has to worry about getting shot by Talib unless Harry's sucking Talib's dick.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

and this poo poo with Harris' knee was just an accident that's being blown out of proportion
Say what you will about Talib but that was far from a loving accident and Harris is lucky he wasn't knocked out for the season. I know Douglas used to be a part of your beloved Falcons but come on.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Time posted:

Antonio brown is the best receiver in the league. This is canon

He's still leading the league in catches despite all of the extra attention he's receiving from opposing defenses, that's without a viable #2 receiver to help lessen the double and triple coverage (looking at you, Ravens) on every play. The Colts and Redskins have been the only teams this year dumb enough to leave him 1v1, and consequently got burnt for multiple TDs for their arrogance

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are dudes seriously going to argue that amazing catch is not amazing like we ain't got eyes to have seen it and dicks to have gotten rock hard when we did.

Testify

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

OperaMouse posted:

Any news on the Melvin Gordon injury?

Hip injury, getting an MRI today.

Getting stuck on 999 yards for the season is so Chargers

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

cam newton is garbage

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He's still leading the league in catches despite all of the extra attention he's receiving from opposing defenses, that's without a viable #2 receiver to help lessen the double and triple coverage (looking at you, Ravens) on every play. The Colts and Redskins have been the only teams this year dumb enough to leave him 1v1, and consequently got burnt for multiple TDs for their arrogance

Testify

It's cool that Pittsburgh has the best player at both RB and WR. It's less cool that they are 8-5 and Ben has looked real bad a lot this year

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MrLogan posted:

he's not a good WR he just gets a lot of targets because he is open a lot and also frequently makes important catches under pressure but that doesn't mean he is good because *farts self to death, like just straight up to death by his own farts*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Like, we accuse posters of being bitchmade a lot but mother fucker you are bitch handcrafted by the finest bitch artisans in a loving bitch workshop in the alps

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

thanks mel.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
2014 Giants target leaders:

Odell Beckham (130)
Rueben Randle (127)
Larry Donnell (92)
Preston Parker (56)
Victor Cruz (41)

2015 Giants target leaders:

Odell Beckham (158)
Rueben Randle (90)
Shane Vereen (81)
Will Tye (62)
Dwayne Harris (57)

why does eli manning throw it to odell beckham so much? it is a mystery that no one will ever solve

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Time posted:

It's cool that Pittsburgh has the best player at both RB and WR. It's less cool that they are 8-5 and Ben has looked real bad a lot this year

I'm just happy the season didn't go off the rails, and that the team has rallied at the right time. More wins would be great, of course, but I'll take a team redemption story over a dominant record. Sure is a luxury to have Bell step up in a (lol) down year for Ben and AB

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Aqib Talib is a dirty piece of poo poo: True.
Aqib Talib is not a very good player: False.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ODB is only good because he's thrown the ball too often. Now a great Wide receiver is Mike Evans, who...

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i am angry someone was wrong about football

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I just want to point out that the Lions drafted Eric Ebron literally two picks before ODB and as much as I like Ebron I'm still mad at Martin Mayhew, especially in the wake of Megatron's retirement.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

2014 Giants target leaders:

Odell Beckham (130)
Rueben Randle (127)
Larry Donnell (92)
Preston Parker (56)
Victor Cruz (41)

2015 Giants target leaders:

Odell Beckham (158)
Rueben Randle (90)
Shane Vereen (81)
Will Tye (62)
Dwayne Harris (57)

why does eli manning throw it to odell beckham so much? it is a mystery that no one will ever solve

Well, he is unstoppable

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

i am angry someone was wrong about football

same!

lets be friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Wide Receivers currently better than ODB:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

Watkins may end up better if he ever gets on a team with a QB and/or that throws the ball.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

he's not a good WR he just gets a lot of targets because he is open a lot and also frequently makes important catches under pressure but that doesn't mean he is good because *farts self to death, like just straight up to death by his own farts*

Or he gets a lot of targets because the offense has no running games, plays from behind a lot, and no other WRs worth a drat. See: 2013 Pierre Garcon.

• Locked thread