Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
True version:

Cowboys : seahawks
Giants: Seahawks
Washington: Seahawks
Lions: Seahawks
Falcons: Seahawks
Buccaneers: Seahwawks
Seahawks: road game

AFC = garbage

[/quote]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Gus Bradley still has a job.

:lol:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Idk how many of you guys play Madden but this year's edition features the Rams in a playoff game (I think they were 11-5) where you get a basic handle for the controls. It was baffling in all respects, and it looks even more hilarious in hindsight

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

No Butt Stuff posted:

You all know he'll be out of the game one year and then he'll get a coordinator job, and then he'll coach some dumpster fire team. 49ers, maybe.

2014 Pac 12 coach
2015 mustachioed buffoon
2016 Pac 12 coach
2017 ...

Plays out

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

True version:

Cowboys : seahawks
Giants: Seahawks
Washington: Seahawks
Lions: Seahawks
Falcons: Seahawks
Buccaneers: Seahwawks
Seahawks: road game

AFC = garbage

loving adorable

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

BitterAvatar posted:

loving adorable

Oh yeah no totally all of those unbalanced teams with good offenses and weak defenses are super-afraid of a team that just got publicly shithoused on Sunday by a team that has struggled to field healthy cornerbacks all season

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Seahawks have had five games this year where they scored 10 points or less.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

big money big clit posted:

WATCH OUT, NFC

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Oh yeah no totally all of those unbalanced teams with good offenses and weak defenses are super-afraid of a team that just got publicly shithoused on Sunday by a team that has struggled to field healthy cornerbacks all season

After a massive blowout the winning team often takes a loss the next week. They ruined the Panthers in Seattle and didn't show up to Green Bay the next week. It happens. I'm not too worried about it, but I do love that losing to Aaron Rodgers has become a joke now. The Packers won't make the playoffs and a loss in Lambeau is becoming a joke around here. I'm happy with it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Oh, they beat the Panthers you say? Well how many teams this year get to say THAT?!

Oh, word, that many? Wow, that's a lot.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kalli posted:

I mean considering how coaches work in general, making them work absurd days seems fine to me, but... why the gently caress would you pay them nothing? There's no salary cap, offer higher pay so you can get the other aspie weirdos who don't have families that can support them too.

knowing bill, to make sure he only gets people who are so loving dedicated they'll work for that little just for a shot

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Chichevache posted:

After a massive blowout the winning team often takes a loss the next week. They ruined the Panthers in Seattle and didn't show up to Green Bay the next week. It happens. I'm not too worried about it, but I do love that losing to Aaron Rodgers has become a joke now. The Packers won't make the playoffs and a loss in Lambeau is becoming a joke around here. I'm happy with it.

What the gently caress are you talking about you insufferable child lmao

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Kalli posted:

Barnwell wrote about which likely team in the playoffs is the worst matchup for them:

Texans: Chiefs

I guess it's a moot point because realistically any playoff team is a terrible matchup for the Texans, but it's still funny to me that Barnwell chose the Chiefs, which were the only decent team the Texans beat all year, and not someone like the Patriots, who completely shut the team down with their 3rd string QB.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

big money big clit posted:

That's not actually true

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks had their first off day in 4 years, no big deal

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Never quite understood why people complain about Packers fans being the worst on this forum yet at least we can admit when our team is garbage and not make up awful excuses and sound like unrepentant cornballs!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Seahawks had their first off day in 4 years, no big deal

So you'd say they were "on" when they played Tampa?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Bad Moon posted:

That's not actually true

It's 4, stretch the goalpost to 13 points or less and it becomes 5. No bueno.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Never quite understood why people complain about Packers fans being the worst on this forum yet at least we can admit when our team is garbage and not make up awful excuses and sound like unrepentant cornballs!

If you're biting on LWB on the eve of TYOOL 2017 then whooo boy.

whypick1 posted:

It's 4, stretch the goalpost to 13 points or less and it becomes 5. No bueno.

I didn't choose the benchmarch. If you're gonna say the Seahawks have been real bad offensively at times this year than yes that is true, but you should at least fulfill the criteria you put out yourself.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bad Moon posted:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Bad Moon posted:

I guess the same goes for Chichevache???

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bad Moon posted:

That's not actually true

Apologies, I meant to say 12 points or less. Much better!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
chiche is a treasure

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

What the gently caress are you talking about you insufferable child lmao

I thought you knew more about football than that. A few years ago this was common knowledge on the forum.

https://statsontapp.com/2014/09/25/the-week-following-a-40-point-blowout-game-in-the-nfl/amp/

quote:

Last Thursday the Atlanta Falcons defeated division foes the Tampa Bay Bucs 56-14. Since the beginning of the Super Bowl era in 1966, there have been 113 games played where the final point differential in the game was 40 points or more; that’s an average of about 2.3 games per season.

You would assume that a team that wins a 40-point blowout is on a roll and that they will continue their winning ways the following week after the blowout win. Conversely, you would think that a team that suffers a 40-point blowout loss would take another tumble the following week. That has not been the case, especially in the last couple of years. In fact, of the six blowout games played in 2012 and 2013, the team that won the blowout was only 3-3 in games the next week, while the teams that suffered the blowout loss won four and lost two in those six games the following week.

Here’s a look at the last six blowout games in the NFL (from the 2012 and 2013 seasons) and how well each team did the following week.

October 7, 2012: San Francisco 45, Buffalo 3. The 49ers lost the following week 26-3; the Bills won 19-16 the following week.

December 9, 2012: Seattle 58, Arizona 0. The Seahawks won 50-17 the following week; the Cardinals won 38-10 the following week.

December 16, 2012: New Orleans 41, Tampa Bay 0. The Saints won 34-31 the following week; the Bucs lost 28-13 the following week.

December 23, 2012: Green Bay 55, Tennessee 7. The Packers lost 37-34 the following week; the Titans won 38-20 the following week.

October 27, 2013: Cincinnati 49, New York Jets 9. The Bengals lost 22-20 the following week; the Jets won 26-20 the following week.

December 22, 2013: Philadelphia 54, Chicago 11. The Eagles won 24-22 the following week; the Bears lost 33-28 the following week.

So how will the Falcons and Bucs do in this weekend’s games? Based on their past history of playing in 40-point blowout games, Atlanta, who play the Minnesota Vikings, should win. The Falcons are 3-1 in games the week after a 40-point blowout win. Tampa Bay, who plays at Pittsburgh, are 2-3 in games the week following a 40-point blowout loss. A Bucs victory may not be in the cards.

Note: If we go back to blowout games played in the NFL since 2009, there were 15 40-point blowout games from 2009-13. The teams that won those blowout games were 10-5 the week following their blowout win; the teams that lost those blowout games were 7-8 the week following their 40-point blowout loss.

Every team that has played this year has an embarrassing loss except for the Cowboys. Does that mean the entire NFL is garbage now and only Dallas is even average?

This is why Packers fans are the worst: you blew the Seahawks right out of your stadium and yet you're saltier about your win than we are about our loss. I'm so glad you're not even making the playoffs. 2016 was a good year after all.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I guess the same goes for Chichevache???

I'm sorry you're not up to date with familiar trends in the NFL. That doesn't mean I'm trolling. Hawks lost to the Packers who were absolutely the better team yesterday. I hope you can read my words through that haze of red you seem to be seeing. :glomp:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
We're actually very happy, we gave up on the season weeks ago!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

We're actually very happy, we gave up on the season weeks ago!

You're quitting on the best quarterback in the league. That's unfortunate.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Chichevache posted:

I'm sorry you're not up to date with familiar trends in the NFL. That doesn't mean I'm trolling. Hawks lost to the Packers who were absolutely the better team yesterday. I hope you can read my words through that haze of red you seem to be seeing. :glomp:

My comments were more towards your ridiculous assertion that the Lions are going to make the playoffs lol

Holy poo poo I can't believe I'm arguing that the Packers have a good shot of making the playoffs.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

You're quitting on the best quarterback in the league. That's unfortunate.

wait did they trade for Brady?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The Seahawks didn't play badly because they had a post blowout hangover, they played badly because they've been poo poo on the road all year. Their offense is inconsistent and often completely dysfunctional and the defense is predicated on a few great players propping everyone up and now one of those players is out for the year.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 12, 2016

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Chichevache posted:

Hahahahaha this is quintessential "I'm not mad it's actually funny to me. I'm laughing actually"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

wait did they trade for Joe Flacco?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

My comments were more towards your ridiculous assertion that the Lions are going to make the playoffs lol

They're the #2 seed in the NFC in week 15. If they don't make it then who does?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
To be fair, the Packers corners have been getting better (and healthier) over the past few weeks and Morgan Burnett is having probably his best season ever. Also we have this guy Dean Lowry who is like, a pretty okay edge rusher actually???

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Always trust the lions to blow it.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Chichevache posted:

Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Giants, Packers (not in that order) would be my pick right now unless Rodgers is worse and Stafford is better, injury wise.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chichevache posted:

Hahahaha what the gently caress are you talking about? Even the article you posted says that the teams that won their 40-point blowouts were 10-5 in the following contests from 2009-2013, which is a 67% win percentage. Hell even in the listed games, right there in your post, the Seahawks won a 40-point blowout, then won another the following week

like you didn't even come up with something that supports your point

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The Packers loving own

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

nerve posted:

The Packers loving own

Damarious Randall's pick yesterday was insanely good, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

nerve posted:

The Packers loving own

I would like to be in your weird parallel reality where Hillary Clinton is president elect and my dick is enormous

• Locked thread