Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dareon posted:

I need to vent a little about this guy in my group. Maybe I need advice, maybe I'll come to an appropriate conclusion on my own, but here goes anyway.

He's a decent guy, he's just a huge spotlight hog, and our DMs seem to encourage that. In a previous campaign, he didn't need to worry about death like the entire rest of the campaign world did because when his character died the first time, it was revealed she was actually a member of an ancient race that automatically reincarnated every time they died. Cue her dying in every single fight after that. Probably not by choice, but still. And she was the daughter of one of the BBEGs.

In another campaign, his character was in a lesbian relationship with at least one other PC, which bore mentioning at least twice a session. It was never explicit, no on-screen scissoring. Just the occasional grope or passionate kiss, but it still slightly creeped me out. I'm not a prude by any sense of the word, I just don't feel like the gaming table is a place to bring your fetishes. I have some bizarre ones, and my entire gaming group knows them because we've been together since we were teenagers and I had a penchant for trying to shock/gross out my friends as a teen, but when we're playing, they're not even thought about. Even if the situation is directly relevant to them, which has come up a few times.

In yet another campaign, in fact the very one we are playing in TYOOL 2016, if the scene isn't about his character, he'll make it about her by either being unnecessarily hostile (Doesn't matter what's happening, she got in a shouting match with an old scholar and nearly drew down on a police officer) or hitting on a nearby woman. Which includes the entirety of the party because by a stroke of luck we're all crossplaying. I'm concerned that the DM is encouraging this behavior because she strongly resembles a woman the aforementioned old scholar knew, has mysterious backstory bullshit woooh going on between her and the location we currently find ourselves at, and a mysterious cloaked figure woooh is following the party to keep an eye on someone, I don't know quite who, I can only be 80% sure it's not my character. I actually breathed a sigh of relief when her mysterious backstory bullshit woooh caused her to bow out of an upcoming scene because thank god, we might actually manage to progress the plot significantly this session.

A previous problem I've had with him, which has fortunately not surfaced yet, is a penchant for just blowing off a session to hang out with friends. Which, fair enough, I'd pick real-life fun over hanging out in front of a computer screen most of the time, but loving tell someone, right? This culminated in five of us sitting around getting angrier and angrier for three hours waiting on him, then him actively avoiding me when I tried to call him out on his bullshit. He's been a little late for sessions occasionally these days, but always told us beforehand, I think that problem's sorted itself out.

Also he's a boring DM and I've pledged to not play in any game he runs, but that's not relevant at the moment.

I fully intend to talk to him about it, but I don't want to come off as petty or trying to hog the spotlight myself. I've offered multiple times to let my sideplot bullshit happen off-screen, but the DM insists on playing it out fully. And working main plot into it, so it's not just me on open mic night. The DM is actually really good, and good about who initially gets the spotlight before Fuckstick McGee steals it, and perhaps once we're past this location the bullshit will ease, but Schrodinger's Stalker has me uneasy.

I don't know. I might actually be petty or wanting more spotlight time myself. I'm certainly exaggerating the issues I'm having at least a little. I just have a feeling that the way he's acting and being treated is unfair to the rest of the party, but I don't know what would be fair.

I think this is one of those "No gaming is better than bad gaming" moments, but, you're probably better off waiting for smarter people than me to chime in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

the_steve posted:

I think this is one of those "No gaming is better than bad gaming" moments, but, you're probably better off waiting for smarter people than me to chime in.
Right now it's one of those "Talk things out like adults" situations, which seems to be the plan. If that fails then yeah.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Dareon posted:

I need to vent a little about this guy in my group. Maybe I need advice, maybe I'll come to an appropriate conclusion on my own, but here goes anyway.

He's a decent guy, he's just a huge spotlight hog, and our DMs seem to encourage that. In a previous campaign, he didn't need to worry about death like the entire rest of the campaign world did because when his character died the first time, it was revealed she was actually a member of an ancient race that automatically reincarnated every time they died. Cue her dying in every single fight after that. Probably not by choice, but still. And she was the daughter of one of the BBEGs.

In another campaign, his character was in a lesbian relationship with at least one other PC, which bore mentioning at least twice a session. It was never explicit, no on-screen scissoring. Just the occasional grope or passionate kiss, but it still slightly creeped me out. I'm not a prude by any sense of the word, I just don't feel like the gaming table is a place to bring your fetishes. I have some bizarre ones, and my entire gaming group knows them because we've been together since we were teenagers and I had a penchant for trying to shock/gross out my friends as a teen, but when we're playing, they're not even thought about. Even if the situation is directly relevant to them, which has come up a few times.

In yet another campaign, in fact the very one we are playing in TYOOL 2016, if the scene isn't about his character, he'll make it about her by either being unnecessarily hostile (Doesn't matter what's happening, she got in a shouting match with an old scholar and nearly drew down on a police officer) or hitting on a nearby woman. Which includes the entirety of the party because by a stroke of luck we're all crossplaying. I'm concerned that the DM is encouraging this behavior because she strongly resembles a woman the aforementioned old scholar knew, has mysterious backstory bullshit woooh going on between her and the location we currently find ourselves at, and a mysterious cloaked figure woooh is following the party to keep an eye on someone, I don't know quite who, I can only be 80% sure it's not my character. I actually breathed a sigh of relief when her mysterious backstory bullshit woooh caused her to bow out of an upcoming scene because thank god, we might actually manage to progress the plot significantly this session.

A previous problem I've had with him, which has fortunately not surfaced yet, is a penchant for just blowing off a session to hang out with friends. Which, fair enough, I'd pick real-life fun over hanging out in front of a computer screen most of the time, but loving tell someone, right? This culminated in five of us sitting around getting angrier and angrier for three hours waiting on him, then him actively avoiding me when I tried to call him out on his bullshit. He's been a little late for sessions occasionally these days, but always told us beforehand, I think that problem's sorted itself out.

Also he's a boring DM and I've pledged to not play in any game he runs, but that's not relevant at the moment.

I fully intend to talk to him about it, but I don't want to come off as petty or trying to hog the spotlight myself. I've offered multiple times to let my sideplot bullshit happen off-screen, but the DM insists on playing it out fully. And working main plot into it, so it's not just me on open mic night. The DM is actually really good, and good about who initially gets the spotlight before Fuckstick McGee steals it, and perhaps once we're past this location the bullshit will ease, but Schrodinger's Stalker has me uneasy.

I don't know. I might actually be petty or wanting more spotlight time myself. I'm certainly exaggerating the issues I'm having at least a little. I just have a feeling that the way he's acting and being treated is unfair to the rest of the party, but I don't know what would be fair.

Sever. Not really, but kind of. It sounds like your group has already decided he's a douche and now you're just looking for a way out. I know plenty of people I could describe as "he's a nice guy, but..." and I never play with them anymore. You need to find a way out. I see a few options:

1) Talk about it like adults. This is easier said than done, because a lot of people are conflict-averse, but there way be a way to sit down with this dude in a casual way and say, "Hey, can you stop being such a loving ball hog? Also, cool it with the lipstick lesbian poo poo. We're here to roll dice and drink beer, not jerk off." Again, it's easier said than done, and this would have to come out in whatever way is appropriate to your group's personalities.

2) Use his flaking off as a way to get him out of the group. It's hard to flat-out say to someone, "You suck at this and you're the reason we can't have a good time," but that's basically the gist of your story. He needs to change (see above), or leave. But if he's chronically absent, then that gives your group a way to peel him off from the game without bluntly saying so. Just play without him. AFK his character (or if your group is even a little Munchkiny, kill the character), and just go on without him. If he gives the group poo poo about it when he shows up again, just be honest. Tell him, "we played without you because we didn't all get together to sit on our thumbs for three hours waiting for you." Saying it plainly like that might help him realize how inconsiderate his behavior is, because I'm sure at least some of this he is unaware of.

Both of these, especially the second one, requires some cooperation from your GM. Your group needs ot make it clear to the GM how much of a waste of time it is to everyone when this dude flakes out, and how frustrated everyone is with his grandstanding. The GM, as well as the player, may not realize how annoyed you are. The GM being aware of all of this is maybe more important, because they are in a stronger position to put a stop to it. As it is, they're enabling the grandstanding by making all of this guy's character Specil Snowflakes, so maybe that's too much to ask of your GM.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Splicer posted:

I hope you meant this exactly as written.
Both are technically true, but the guy was trapped under rocks and asked for a quick death.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
My eyebrow goes up at the BBEG Baby and can't actually die bits, but it sounds like the GM is otherwise good with spotlight shifting and modulation. The other guy, I dunno. He might be inexperienced, or used to constantly fighting for DM time, or just plain inconsiderate.

I think both of them need to be reached out to. Not at game, not the first time at least, calling them out during session would probably just make things awkward and insincere.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
My first impulse would be to talk to him and the GM, telling him that he needs to stop forcibly hogging the spotlight and the GM needs to not just let him upstage everyone all the time. It sounds like he's got a bad case of I'm The Main Character Syndrome, but hopefully not a terminal case. If he keeps it up, that's when you give a final warning (if you're interested; I wouldn't be) and/or say "look, it's either him or me, and I'm a team player who shows up on time."

In other news, I have a ridiculously gimmicky encounter planned that I desperately want to talk about but all my players read this thread. :saddowns:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I say talk to the person, and maybe bring in the GM.

Part of the problem with OOC conflicts in RPG groups is that everyone lets stuff escalate to the point where you need to arrange an intervention to bring up your problems. If somebody does something you don't like, say after game, "hey man, you're fun, I liked this thing you did, but X and Y make me uncomfortable." Or send an email. You won't solve the problem without buy-in from the player so unless everyone would just rather be rid of him in either case (which is valid) it's better to try something casual before you make a huge deal out of it. Some people can be surprisingly mellow about that kind of thing - "oh I didn't know it bothered you, sorry" is not an uncommon response. And if they aren't mellow that kind of seals the deal for you.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Dareon posted:

Tell us your weird fetishes

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Tell us your weird fetishes
Okay, good, I'm not the only one who had that as their first thought.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

To be fair, given that the example of weird fetish we have is "playing a lesbian relationship with no on-camera sex," there may not really be much weird to share.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

To be fair, given that the example of weird fetish we have is "playing a lesbian relationship with no on-camera sex," there may not really be much weird to share.

I have a fetish for my wife's vagina.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Nobody batted an eye at the manipulative bdsmy lesbian teen vampire relationship from my Monsterhearts story. Maybe it's just a context thing.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Nobody batted an eye at the manipulative bdsmy lesbian teen vampire relationship from my Monsterhearts story. Maybe it's just a context thing.

I mean, I don't care, but Dareon and his group seemed to have an issue with sexuality in their game. I got the impression it was less about the lesbianism specifically, and more about "hey can we not make this weird we're trying to game, here."

Part of it is context, too. That kind of stuff can go over alright in the right kinds of games, with the right established tone. But springing that kind of stuff on players that aren't wanting or expecting it is a little weird, regardless of the vagina-to-dick ratio of the characters involved.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I want to know your strange fetish please

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I really don't.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Railing Kill posted:

I have a fetish for my wife's vagina.
Wow, that's a huge coincidence. I too have a fetish for your wife's vagina! :downsrim:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I honestly don't read your monsterhearts stories.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Railing Kill posted:

I mean, I don't care, but Dareon and his group seemed to have an issue with sexuality in their game. I got the impression it was less about the lesbianism specifically, and more about "hey can we not make this weird we're trying to game, here."

Part of it is context, too. That kind of stuff can go over alright in the right kinds of games, with the right established tone. But springing that kind of stuff on players that aren't wanting or expecting it is a little weird, regardless of the vagina-to-dick ratio of the characters involved.

This is the reaction I'd have. I tend to be very much against any kind of sexual roleplaying in tabletop even with my fiancee, simply because I find it kind of awkward to do and uncomfortable to do in front of other people. I can't say how I'd feel having someone IC hitting on me. I'm not against relationships between characters, but I think any roleplaying like that needs to be kept firmly off-screen. Unless you really want to watch two sweaty nerds verbally going at it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tunicate posted:

I honestly don't read your monsterhearts stories.
It's OK, people not reading his stories is his fetish.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I want to know everyone's weird fetishes because I have a fetish for other people's fetishes.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

some loving LIAR posted:

Dig, if you will, the picture:

Is there supposed to be a picture? I can't see anything. Is this some obvious reference everybody knows that just slipped past me? Is taunting people with pretend knowledge your fetish?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Gunshow comics is always appropriate.

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

John Lee posted:

Is there supposed to be a picture? I can't see anything. Is this some obvious reference everybody knows that just slipped past me? Is taunting people with pretend knowledge your fetish?

its a Prince reference my dude

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I think spotlight hogging needs to be addressed quickly whenever it comes up. If you wait until everyone's sick of it, there's the risk that the other players have already gotten used to disengaging from the game; and if it's mid campaign there's every chance the hog's PC has all the plot hooks. There's also some chance that the hog is a better RPer; they've gotten more practice, after all.

The effect of any of these is that if the hog does quieten down, the whole table goes dead, and everything is static until the former hog speaks up again - which restores the former status quo and leaves the other players feeling their complaint has been invalidated. What's nasty is that all this can happen even if the hog is perfectly nice about it and fully intends to share once they are corrected.

That said, if your hog is sidetracking scenes in order to get in, this overcorrection issue might be less of a problem. The "face hog" (i.e., the hog plays party face in the main plot) is the worst case for it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Honestly I don't know if anyone else has a problem with him. The three campaigns I mentioned have been about a decade apart, each with a different DM. I will talk with everybody, though.

As for my fetishes, they are many, varied, and mostly physically improbable. That's all you're getting out of me, I'm trying to distance myself from that behavior and I don't know y'all well enough. At least buy me dinner first.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

hyphz posted:

I think spotlight hogging needs to be addressed quickly whenever it comes up.

Yeah, whenever my hog gets out on the table it's very important to address the situation immediately, or else it gets antsy and nobody wants that on a Sunday afternoon.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Dareon posted:

Honestly I don't know if anyone else has a problem with him. The three campaigns I mentioned have been about a decade apart, each with a different DM. I will talk with everybody, though.

As for my fetishes, they are many, varied, and mostly physically improbable. That's all you're getting out of me, I'm trying to distance myself from that behavior and I don't know y'all well enough. At least buy me dinner first.

please tell me more about your vore fetish :]

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smash it Smash hit posted:

please tell me more about your vore fetish :]

Are you buying him dinner or are you the dinner?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

I started up a 7th Sea campaign a few weeks ago. I'm using a rewrite of old first edition that our group has been using for years. The game is set in Aegeus, a fictional analogue to Greece and the Balkans, which was bizarrely missing from first ed 7th Sea. (I added it in my rewrite, and there is sort of a version of it in the new second ed that we're not using, but I digress). It's a political plot, set in a fictitious version of Sarajevo. I run games really loose in terms of plot. I establish plot threads, but how they resolve doesn't matter much to me. I let the chips fall where they may, depending on what players do. We have a good group of payers that are good about knowing how to explore plots, and how to do things that benefit compelling stories. I set up a political plot involving an assassination attempt and some political violence in the aftermath. Here's what I expected, and geared the encounter to do as the path of least resistance:

:eng101: The players would likely stop the assassin.

:eng101: The players would get involved investigating the shadowy conspiracy that led up to the assassination attempt.

:eng101: The players would get embroiled, in some way or another, in the viper's den of political violence between the city's factions.

By the end of game one, here is what happened:

:eng99: The players succeeded in preventing the assassination of an Eisen (German) duchess, but in doing so got her uncle, an Iron Prince (Hainzl) assassinated instead.

:eng99: The players did so by using enough sorcery to accidentally implicate other nations that were not actually responsible for the assassination. Aegean nationalists were to blame, but now the authorities think it may be a Montaigne (French) power play, or the Vodacce (Italy).

:eng99: The players reacted so dramatically and their rolls and actions in combat were so over-the-top that they may have started a race war between the Fidheli (Gypsies) of the city, and an ultra-right wing nativist group. Basically, they trounced the nativists so badly that they will probably retaliate more quickly and more violently than they would have otherwise. And the PCs kind of put the Fidheli in front of that freight train by roping them into helping with the scuffle.

Looks like I am going from running a renaissance political game to a game about World War I going off 250 years too early. Oops! :shrug:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

chitoryu12 posted:

Are you buying him dinner or are you the dinner?

:eyepop: aye yai yai!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Railing Kill posted:

Looks like I am going from running a renaissance political game to a game about World War I going off 250 years too early. Oops! :shrug:
Sounds about right. Best laid plans, and all. I'm actually a little worried that all the poo poo I've been planning during my game's hiatus is going to be rapidly rendered useless somehow, in some fashion I can't even fathom.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

Sounds about right. Best laid plans, and all. I'm actually a little worried that all the poo poo I've been planning during my game's hiatus is going to be rapidly rendered useless somehow, in some fashion I can't even fathom.

Yeah. Over the years, I've taken more and more to doing prep work to make interesting NPCs rather than for plots. I just kind of get the ball rolling, and let the players do their thing. That way, I can find a way to plug in my NPCs wherever they are interesting or challenging. Right now, for example, I have a cast of characters for a game about city-scale political machinations, but now the plot has shifted to averting a world war in the wake of this international incident. So all of these guys and gals have new roles to play, and it's going to get weird. Fun, hopefully, but weird.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I have a weird fetish.

When I'm asked to roll d10's, I prefer the percentile dice over the single digit ones.

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

CobiWann posted:

I have a weird fetish.

When I'm asked to roll d10's, I prefer the percentile dice over the single digit ones.

My DM makes me roll percentile on pretty much everything I do.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

Mevil is now permanently mental, taking levels of Alienist and buttchugging terran brandy to wash away his thoughts.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

CobiWann posted:

The trailing zero makes it look bigger.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Railing Kill posted:

Yeah. Over the years, I've taken more and more to doing prep work to make interesting NPCs rather than for plots. I just kind of get the ball rolling, and let the players do their thing.
Yeah that's pretty much what I do, but then

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Mevil is now permanently mental, taking levels of Alienist and buttchugging terran brandy to wash away his thoughts.
A player of mine, ladies and gents. And suddenly plugging in said NPCs gets more and/or less challenging.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
Speaking of best laid plans, my session of Spellbound Kingdoms on Saturday was meant to be a sideplot session because we had a player missing. It was the big annual grand tournament of Rithaign, full of jousting, duelling, athletics competitions, horseracing and gambling. The session was meant to be like 50% saltybets gambling because none of the PCs were actually taking part in the duelling tournament and 50% Olympics Simulator 2016. A bit of a diversion from the kinds of things we normally do, a slightly more lighthearted session after a few absolutely depressing ones and no massive plot twists that our missing player would miss. The athletics tournaments went fine, but I hosed up how many competitors there were supposed to be in the duelling tournament - I had 12, so that meant there were an odd number for the quarter finals. 'No problem' I thought, 'I'll just add a stereotypical Mystery Knight to make up the numbers' and explained that meanwhile the plot of A Knight's Tale had been happening in the background and now the Mystery Knight was in the quarter finals. Mystery Knight made it to the semis, took their helmet off when they were eliminated to receive their runner up prize and:

Player: So is it literally Heath Ledger?
Me: No, no, it's... *thinking quickly* a 15 year old girl, surprise twist!
Player: I use Keen Eye on her, to determine her class levels.
Me: *thinking quickly* okay she's a 15 year old girl surprise Mystery Knight who's been reenacting A Knight's Tale in the background, clearly she is a Chosen One!

Five minutes later the party have whisked the new Chosen One and her entourage away and have recruited them into their resistance organisation, and are now chasing up what her destiny is supposed to be so they can help. My missing player is playing a Chosen One and they can't wait to show the new girl what she'll look like in 12 levels time, and give the PC Chosen One a new destiny-buddy.

I have made an error.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Doodmons posted:

Speaking of best laid plans, my session of Spellbound Kingdoms on Saturday was meant to be a sideplot session because we had a player missing. It was the big annual grand tournament of Rithaign, full of jousting, duelling, athletics competitions, horseracing and gambling. The session was meant to be like 50% saltybets gambling because none of the PCs were actually taking part in the duelling tournament and 50% Olympics Simulator 2016. A bit of a diversion from the kinds of things we normally do, a slightly more lighthearted session after a few absolutely depressing ones and no massive plot twists that our missing player would miss. The athletics tournaments went fine, but I hosed up how many competitors there were supposed to be in the duelling tournament - I had 12, so that meant there were an odd number for the quarter finals. 'No problem' I thought, 'I'll just add a stereotypical Mystery Knight to make up the numbers' and explained that meanwhile the plot of A Knight's Tale had been happening in the background and now the Mystery Knight was in the quarter finals. Mystery Knight made it to the semis, took their helmet off when they were eliminated to receive their runner up prize and:

Player: So is it literally Heath Ledger?
Me: No, no, it's... *thinking quickly* a 15 year old girl, surprise twist!
Player: I use Keen Eye on her, to determine her class levels.
Me: *thinking quickly* okay she's a 15 year old girl surprise Mystery Knight who's been reenacting A Knight's Tale in the background, clearly she is a Chosen One!

Five minutes later the party have whisked the new Chosen One and her entourage away and have recruited them into their resistance organisation, and are now chasing up what her destiny is supposed to be so they can help. My missing player is playing a Chosen One and they can't wait to show the new girl what she'll look like in 12 levels time, and give the PC Chosen One a new destiny-buddy.

I have made an error.

Sounds like a pretty great error to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Doodmons posted:

I have made an error.

I think you misspelled "good decisions" here.