Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Haha, so I listen to BBC Business Daily on my morning commute (talk radio keeps me awake easier than music) and a regular feature there is angry editorials from one Lucy Kelloway. Today the older woman railed against the youth culture in the Silicon Valley market/Tech Sector. She talked about fifty somethings buying hoodies and boning up on super heroes to try to get jobs. Without a trace of irony, she complained that Boomers should be getting all the jobs since they're the ones with all the money already. She was absolutely aghast over a second hand story she told of one unnamed company regularly holding something supposedly called "Hack Nights" that she basically described as group think tank sessions, only with pizza, beer, and loud music, which for some reason was supposed to be horrifying as a concept. The whole piece felt like a digital equivalent to the Simpsons "Old Man Yells At Cloud" gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Found this in the OSHA thread. The Dude is here to protect us from the Terrible Secret of Space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfVEsf2M82I

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Boomers feeling they're entitled to something?

Well I never! :eyepop:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Xen Tricks posted:

Boomers feeling they're entitled to something?

Well I never! :eyepop:

And then claiming that they earned it and younger people just need to work harder dagnabbit.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Zephyrine posted:

Putin calls Donald Trump 'a clever man' who will learn

Please tell me Republicans don't consider it a good thing when Russia approves of your president candidate.
Haven't a bunch of Republicans been saying for years that we need a "strong leader" like Putin in charge of America?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Seven years ago, I friended a musician's personal page because they didn't have a fan page. Now I've learned they're a flat earther.

Choice cuts from the replies. Cliff Hanger, Cara Larm, and Bill Dabear are the same person because I don't know how to use social fixer.

And of course, the "just asking questions" defense.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Strontium posted:

Seven years ago, I friended a musician's personal page because they didn't have a fan page. Now I've learned they're a flat earther.

Choice cuts from the replies. Cliff Hanger, Cara Larm, and Bill Dabear are the same person because I don't know how to use social fixer.

And of course, the "just asking questions" defense.

Don't believe everything you see! Except youtube videos. They're legit.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
My mind still refuses to see flat earthers as anything but trolls.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

My mind still refuses to see flat earthers as anything but trolls.

They are. It's low effort trolling by denying science with absurd counterlogic, and it gets the kind of infuriating reaction these dipshits crave.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Lottery of Babylon posted:

If Gravity were true, and Darwinism true - both of which are taught as true to children, then we would evolve as pancake people.

Ken M is no IOSM, you just reminded me of this:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Fall down from what? Yggdrasil?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

BigglesSWE posted:

Fall down from what? Yggdrasil?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHC1vE-zZZQ

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Youngish Corn in the Chips

Older Milk in the Cheese

Dirty Knees

Look at Deeze (Nutz brimming with Telomerase)

This is a good post.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So these youtube guys uploaded a video about terrible Kickstarter ideas. Normally, they're a lot worse, like an analog clock that doesn't tell the proper time so you get the fear of missing a deadline to make you work faster. Or a weird brush for cats that you have to hold in your mouth and move your head like you're licking it. Or dictator sunglasses.

Anyway, they just uploaded one about using drones to take selfies and what is it about selfies that drives people up the wall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9qUBBmQlc

And a funny-ish one.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Idiot posts about how happy he is people died in wildfires, loses job

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/12/alabama_man_loses_job_for_call.html

Link has his picture and he's a fedora away from fulfilling every neckbeard stereotype.

I don't think anyone from Alabama has the right to call anyone else toothless or mouth breathing.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RareAcumen posted:

So these youtube guys

I mean I guess you could call slowbeef and diabetus youtube guys nowadays :v: (They're goons, slowbeef was mod of Let's Play for ages)

Their Kickstarter non starter series is very appropriate for this thread though, a whole lotta idiots on a social platform in that.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

I mean I guess you could call slowbeef and diabetus youtube guys nowadays
I don't watch video LPs, but I feel like there are "people who put videos on YouTube" and then there are YouTube Guys, if you know what I mean.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

I mean I guess you could call slowbeef and diabetus youtube guys nowadays :v: (They're goons, slowbeef was mod of Let's Play for ages)

Their Kickstarter non starter series is very appropriate for this thread though, a whole lotta idiots on a social platform in that.

I assume better of people here than to be caught slumming it in Let's Play. :v:

You're right about that second one though. It's a shame their Dahir Insaat videos got taken down.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh man they did? Those were amazing. :smith:

I dunno, I figured slowbeef was one of the more well known goons but I guess that's only true when you're a video-game nerd :v:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

You shouldn't. We're all garbage down here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

If I'm not horribly wrong like usual, I think Dahir Insaat got them taken down themselves. So it's not like they decided to axe quality content out of the blue.

Anyway, sorry to bring video games in here, I like when people bring up how imgur's being a tirefire in here though. I've totally given up on looking at anything on there, finally. It's a shame I didn't burn out on that quicker though.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

I dunno, I figured slowbeef was one of the more well known goons but I guess that's only true when you're a video-game nerd :v:

Well god bless the internet because someone managed to save and re-upload them to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/0B8ENGke08-ClaDVZZnFRTHZXWkk?usp=sharing

Out of the thousands of videos they've done, Dahir Insaat still manage to be some of the funniest things I've ever seen

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:toot:

Yeah it's just such loving crazy and poorly thought out ideas, it's great.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

So these youtube guys uploaded a video about terrible Kickstarter ideas. Normally, they're a lot worse, like an analog clock that doesn't tell the proper time so you get the fear of missing a deadline to make you work faster. Or a weird brush for cats that you have to hold in your mouth and move your head like you're licking it. Or dictator sunglasses.

Anyway, they just uploaded one about using drones to take selfies and what is it about selfies that drives people up the wall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9qUBBmQlc

And a funny-ish one.

PYF > Idiots On Social Media: Selfies Are For Faggots

And i'm sure CPCGamer has loads of friends. TONS OF FRIENDS, YOU GUYS.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

RareAcumen posted:

It's something loved by teenage/young adult women.

See also: The public at large's opinion of Twilight, 50 Shades of Gray, and Every Boy Band Ever

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Plom Bar posted:

See also: The public at large's opinion of Twilight, 50 Shades of Gray, and Every Boy Band Ever

A lot of people on Facebook were frothing at the jowls like rabid dogs when Pokemon Go was released. It was insane.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

JUSTIN BIEBER :bahgawd:

^^ as though this person would ever recognize him or anything he sings

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

50 Shades isn't a young people thing.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

50 Shades isn't a young people thing.

That mustve been rough, finding your mom's copy of it :(

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

That mustve been rough, finding your mom's copy of it :(

Society creates the crime; the criminal commits it. When did it ever become okay to intercept the cycle of life? And if it is a mother's choice to become a mother, explain why she even needs the reproductive cells from a male to regenerate life? Rights only exist for those who are civilized...civilization was only created as a means to control the natural ways of the human race. How free can you really be when you subject yourself to the rights of society. What is real and what was created to appear real? Is the irony of our freedom in a civilization only a distraction from reality. In reality decisions are made, actions are taken, and new life is created and the cycle continues...but society has constructed a choice to take control of life...Is that possible? Is it really a woman's choice? A woman is a part of the life cycle she was created by her parents who were created and so on, into a society that controls and regulates the people to conduct themselves in a way that suits the behavior of civilization. This civilization is based on the natural science that people are more likely than not to group think which creates pressure to perform normally. The pressure influences the decisions to be made by an individual. The individual has been given rights to their freedom, yet there are consequences to certain action when free decisions or actions impose on another individuals freedom, yet, the decision and action chosen by an individual to extinguish a life that has been created is a loophole to impose death upon an individual because that individual is thriving inside another with no control. Just like the individual carrying the new life is thriving in society with no real control, yet society only recognizes the consequences created by individuals who can function with understanding. Yet women understand there is something alive inside of them when they are pregnant? Hypocritical society vs realistic nature. Never changing nature up against a forever changing society. Just take the time to know what's real and what is not. At the end of the day the individual has to answer to themselves when they are alone with their thoughts. That is natural.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Plom Bar posted:

Twilight was reviled because it's a poorly written book that creates an unhealthy image of "romance" for young people, not because some teenyboppers like it. HTH.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Yawgmoth posted:

Twilight was reviled because it's a poorly written book that creates an unhealthy image of "romance" for young people, not because some teenyboppers like it. HTH.

as in, yes there are and were legitimate criticisms based on the "romance", but there are plenty of other things that are also terrible that don't become iconic memetic hatred-targets across all of pop culture, and the things that do reach "everyone hates them loudly all the time" status are often -- not coincidentally -- specifically things that girls and women like

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

RareAcumen posted:

You're right about that second one though. It's a shame their Dahir Insaat videos got taken down.
The Liquid Gravity video was loving great but it's down now. I wonder what happened.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can the furry fandom go one day without someone being exceptionally dumb?

https://twitter.com/DanzaDragon/status/808409126011359232

Apparently not. Dumb dude is apparently a brony, and trying to pull the good ol puppetmaster defense.

https://twitter.com/wryote/status/808398857277083649

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm incredibly mad about furries, but it's not 2007 anymore and nobody gives a poo poo which only makes me angry that I'm angry about it because I shouldn't be, which causes this incredibly growing hate spiral.

Also I almost made it through that LOB post. That's some organic word salad there.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I never got peoples obsession with furries. Not the part about being one but the hunt for them. I have a "Live and let live" approach to life so as long as no one is getting hurt then I don't really care either way. No kink shaming and all that.

I once made a joke about being a furry in a gaming community and people would bring that joke up a year and a half later as if it was a smoking gun to a murder I had committed.

I also frequented a warhammer 40k forum and some artist made a furry space marine. People lost their minds. They started calling for legal actions from games workshop. That some form of ethical boundary had been violated. That the astartes belongs to GW and you can't just make bastardized fan fiction that violates the original concept.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Aramek posted:

I'm incredibly mad about furries, but it's not 2007 anymore and nobody gives a poo poo which only makes me angry that I'm angry about it because I shouldn't be, which causes this incredibly growing hate spiral.

pony physician heal thyself

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because people are...Idiots, on Social Media? :iamafag:

It came up on my twitter feed, I follow artists. So that's where this all came from.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Plom Bar posted:

Both Twilight and 50 shades romanticize abusive relationships, so bad examples. But yes, if it's loved by younger women the world will naturally hate and mock it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Zephyrine posted:

I never got peoples obsession with furries. Not the part about being one but the hunt for them. I have a "Live and let live" approach to life so as long as no one is getting hurt then I don't really care either way. No kink shaming and all that.

I once made a joke about being a furry in a gaming community and people would bring that joke up a year and a half later as if it was a smoking gun to a murder I had committed.

I also frequented a warhammer 40k forum and some artist made a furry space marine. People lost their minds. They started calling for legal actions from games workshop. That some form of ethical boundary had been violated. That the astartes belongs to GW and you can't just make bastardized fan fiction that violates the original concept.

Taking characters from a children's show and sexualizing them then shoehorning it into every aspect of life is loving weird and creepy. Yeah live and let live but keep your fetish out of my face.