Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Why? Because lol, that's why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
:lol: at the Iraqi insurgent gf thing in the heroin thread
"My gf has been unresponsive for 24 hours, TCC, what should I do?"
FYAD: "contact emergency medical services!!"
"Shut up trolls! I bet the EMT and cops wouldn't even know what ' joose ' is! Please someone give me some actual advice. Should I make sure she keeps drinking water? I'd rather not have to spend any money or get in trouble for this."
FYAD: "please contact emergency medical services this could potentially be serious!"
"Yeah whatever trolls. Turns out she's probably okay. You guys don't even know the Wikipedia definition of 'coma'"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

shes gonna die while that idiot retard is busy shooting water at her lips from his super soaker instead of taking her to a hospital

Punkin Spunkin has a new favorite as of 22:51 on Dec 12, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Don't forget that in-between his posts asking tcc for advice with his neard-dead girlfriend he was regularly posting in the football threads of the games he was watching.

Also when the EMTs were eventually called by the SA mods he lied to them about both the drugs his gf took and how long she was unconscious.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, for a while I would hang out in the goon video chatroom (I don't even know where it's moved to now) and he would for a while too. Dude had issues. Like, every single thing you mentioned he'd have to be an expert at. Like he was this rare comic book collector, ex-pro skateboarder, ex-international DJ who banged all these hot chicks, but was under house arrest at his parents for the whole shovel thing.

are you talking about goontube?

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
paramedics are basically irl concern trolls

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Punkin Spunkin posted:

:lol: at the Iraqi insurgent gf thing in the heroin thread
"My gf has been unresponsive for 24 hours, TCC, what should I do?"
FYAD: "contact emergency medical services!!"
"Shut up trolls! I bet the EMT and cops wouldn't even know what ' joose ' is! Please someone give me some actual advice. Should I make sure she keeps drinking water? I'd rather not have to spend any money or get in trouble for this."
FYAD: "please contact emergency medical services this could potentially be serious!"
"Yeah whatever trolls. Turns out she's probably okay. You guys don't even know the Wikipedia definition of 'coma'"

Link?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
FYAD begins mocking/trying to save an life
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3374804&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post385965007

Actual thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3170941&pagenumber=61#lastpost

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

RFC2324 posted:

are you talking about goontube?

Nah, there was also a TinyChat goonroom. But if I've heard right, some other place is where those goons congregate now. I'm still friends with a handful on fb.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

It really baffles me that FYAD are the ones who keep coming into these stories and saving lives that everyone else is mocking or enabling, when the forum as a whole sees them as irredeemable trolls and useless assholes(or something like that, I don't really GET FYAD).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sometimes the best way to be contrary and gently caress with people is do the right thing.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

Sometimes the best way to be contrary and gently caress with people is do the right thing.

Or maybe they're fundamentally decent people who care and want to help

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

I've been licking heroin a lot (get it from my friend) and it works well. But when the pieces go under your tongue and get stuck, how do you get them out? It tastes really bad, like putting rocks in your mouth (rocks from the ground, long story, and I don't do that any more.)

The taste takes an hour to go away, can I put chips or something else to clear it out? Chip taste and mint taste are my top 2 preferences.
:pwn:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

It really baffles me that FYAD are the ones who keep coming into these stories and saving lives that everyone else is mocking or enabling, when the forum as a whole sees them as irredeemable trolls and useless assholes(or something like that, I don't really GET FYAD).
if FYAD in 2016 are the brave few who say Hitler was good, it follows that FYAD in the 1930s were the brave few who said Hitler was actually bad. Think about it...

edit: did anyone ever find out if sunburnt_aphid actually died

Lunchmeat Larry has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Dec 13, 2016

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

gently caress, You All're Dudes!

My minor contribution to the thread:
the punishment sagas of smallbart :regd13: and krusty

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

That's not a mutually exclusive explanation.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

a whole buncha crows posted:

he still not released pt.3 i sense a conspiracy

holy loving poo poo fluo are you still alive???????

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
goon witnesses a rape and keeps on walking by

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3628878

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Best FYAD Joke "I tried to call the police but I mistook my throbbing erection for my phone and accidentally masturbated to the rape instead"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wooow at the dude trying the classic "roll with the punches" in a thread about how terrible he is for letting rape happen
I'm not sure I can think of a worst more out of nowhere rolling with the punches sitch
"How could you let this happen? You allowed a woman to be raped because you were a coward and sociopath."
"I feel really bad about it. What was I supposed to do though? It was a random."
"You are a terrible human being."
"Hah-hah nice one retards this is the funniest thread I've ever been involved with."

Uhh :eyepop:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sometime around 2006/2007, maybe, there was a thread where the OP pretended to be an alien visiting earth and answered people's questions. I remember that it was written in a pretty high-minded hard-SF way, explaining things like "how do you travel between star systems in a biological lifetime" by talking about how his race had learned to convert a consciousness to a quantum pattern and then that is beamed to another location and reconstructed in a suitable biological shell.

I'd love to read it again. Does anyone remember that?

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Sagebrush posted:

Sometime around 2006/2007, maybe, there was a thread where the OP pretended to be an alien visiting earth and answered people's questions. I remember that it was written in a pretty high-minded hard-SF way, explaining things like "how do you travel between star systems in a biological lifetime" by talking about how his race had learned to convert a consciousness to a quantum pattern and then that is beamed to another location and reconstructed in a suitable biological shell.

I remember the poster was named Mr Boone but that's it

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if FYAD in 2016 are the brave few who say Hitler was good, it follows that FYAD in the 1930s were the brave few who said Hitler was actually bad. Think about it...

AFAIK there's never been any sort of update on sunburnt_aphid.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
she is definitely dead whether its frmo an overdose or some infection from shooting tar heroin into her muscles

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sagebrush posted:

http://mrboone.kequc.com/

I don't have a direct link to the thread though.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jose posted:

she is definitely dead whether its frmo an overdose or some infection from shooting tar heroin into her muscles

while it is extremely like she is dead, she could also be in prison :shrug:

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Sagebrush posted:

unless i'm mistaking him for someone with a similar bit, i seem to remember that this guy had been doing his routine, consistently and tongue-in-cheek for decades, pretty much all over & since the dawn of the internet

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Grandmother of Five posted:

unless i'm mistaking him for someone with a similar bit, i seem to remember that this guy had been doing his routine, consistently and tongue-in-cheek for decades, pretty much all over & since the dawn of the internet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor ?

e: too recent I guess. I too seem to recall someone fmor the usenet days

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Wooow at the dude trying the classic "roll with the punches" in a thread about how terrible he is for letting rape happen
I'm not sure I can think of a worst more out of nowhere rolling with the punches sitch
"How could you let this happen? You allowed a woman to be raped because you were a coward and sociopath."
"I feel really bad about it. What was I supposed to do though? It was a random."
"You are a terrible human being."
"Hah-hah nice one retards this is the funniest thread I've ever been involved with."

Uhh :eyepop:

i just dont get it, he could have stopped posting at like any point and saved what little face he had left, but he just had to keep digging his own grave for 14 pages

on FYAD, i dont really get it but i find it amusing, but it would always amuse me a bit when GBS has it in mind they're basically Evil GBS and try to weaponize then by directing naive posters there, but FYAD knows exactly what's going on and just chills with the intended victim

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bradzilla posted:

while it is extremely like she is dead, she could also be in prison :shrug:

jose has made sure she is dead

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Caro was both dead and in prison and he came back so don't be surprised if sunburnt aphid appears again over the horizon, needle in arm

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Caro was both dead and in prison and he came back so don't be surprised if sunburnt aphid appears again over the horizon, needle in arm

needle inbetween teeth like a dog, surely

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Or even coming back as a nun who has given up such worldly things in favor of speed.

Er spreading the glory of God.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
She went to jail for a little while in that thread and mentioned several times that she "got some money" so it's entirely possible she's incarcerated, though to be honest death is probably more likely :/

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

She's dead, I have an inside source *quietly closes incognito Wikipedia tab*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If memory serves it was the guy that did the Final Fantasy VIII LP. He screwed up and posted from that account as Mr. Boone, then quickly edited it but not before a couple people noticed it. My favorite part was the people that had to prove he wasn't a real alien and refused to just have fun in the thread life everyone else.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

SciFiDownBeat posted:

She's dead, I have an inside source *quietly closes incognito Wikipedia tab*

BM: not just a poster, but also a movement

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

2016 fyad: hitler is sooo good. i love him. this much *holds up arms really far apart*

2016 gbs/lf communist style guy who did a suicide and left behind a giftcard for a gender studies class: ༼ ಠل͟ಠ

fyad 1939: the jews, handicapped and gays seem good to me.Poland is a soverign country. all things considered the treaty of versaille was generally fair

gbs wermacht guy: ༼ ಠل͟ಠ

though they belong in the funny quotes thread

quote:

FYAD: I Slaughter Thousands Of Niggers With Grenade Launchers And Bazookas.

a_GBS_Guy: I beat a kitten to death with a sock full of pennies when I was 5. I got the idea from a voice inside my head that always tells me the right thing to do in any situation, and I trust that voice completely. I once dumped a bottle of bleach in my sister's goldfish bowl, I can tell you the exact number of paper cuts it takes to kill a dog, and I fantasize about dipping a baby in a vat of acid.

FYAD: ༼ ಠل͟ಠ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Palpek posted:

http://mrboone.kequc.com/

I don't have a direct link to the thread though.

This is exactly it and a much better format to read it in anyway. :cheers:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Seriously Caro needs to update his blog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Vladimir Poutine posted:

She went to jail for a little while in that thread and mentioned several times that she "got some money" so it's entirely possible she's incarcerated, though to be honest death is probably more likely :/

She wasn't just a fully blown addict, but someone who seemed to lack any knowledge with regards to what she was doing. Gotta be dead.