Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

My ID is B4D03B7A Incidentally (and obnoxiously), that's case-sensitive.

Also since I looked at your card — hahaha they called the highest difficulty "Incident!"

e. There we go, Normal & higher have definite, noticeable, "gently caress you we're ignoring that tap"lag. And the medium quality setting changes absolutely nothing so far as I can see

Wow, look at you with your 100,000 score. Well, I might be able to do better if I picked my optimal idols, I've had plenty of outfits for the ones I'm not using.

I noticed I was missing some notes yesterday actually but I put it down to me experimenting with playing with my thumbs, maybe it is the game then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

Wow, look at you with your 100,000 score. Well, I might be able to do better if I picked my optimal idols, I've had plenty of outfits for the ones I'm not using.

I noticed I was missing some notes yesterday actually but I put it down to me experimenting with playing with my thumbs, maybe it is the game then.

I'm pretty sure at least some of my misses were the game, they've become noticeably fewer since I stuck it in 2d/low.

As for that 100000, a) maybe fever time helped, but it's pretty much 99% "Hey~ I figured out what the guest thing does and yes there are people with idols with monstrously high appeal. Like, 50k appeal."

So yes, what that does is replace your rightmost idol with someone else's. Hence the hilariously high score. On my own, I can manage like, 20? 23?

I could've sworn I saw an article about a senior citizen idol group in like, the NY Times a month ago. Something similar I guess? Well, good to know Kawashima won't have to go back to being a newscaster after she turns 35~
rude

Look, more wake up girls!

http://twitter.com/wakeupgirls_PR/status/807904916068929536

I guess more girls are waking up?

bonus fumibomb
http://twitter.com/yuu_0_7_2_9/status/807895637739962368

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

As for that 100000, a) maybe fever time helped, but it's pretty much 99% "Hey~ I figured out what the guest thing does and yes there are people with idols with monstrously high appeal. Like, 50k appeal."

So yes, what that does is replace your rightmost idol with someone else's. Hence the hilariously high score. On my own, I can manage like, 20? 23?

Ah, right, of course. I used that once and it wasn't particularly amazing and it just made me feel like I was missing out on levelling my own idols so I stopped. I guess there wasn't an especially good one around at the time.

I didn't even watch WUG the first time around, but it sounds like it'll be a little while yet so I still have time.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I watched four episodes then got distracted or something, so it's still on my list, waiting for me to finish something else first. Plus side, it seems there are subs for all the movies now? Maybe if they're not really movie-length…

I swear it didn't look like that PV, though…

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Makiiiiiiiii

"I'm in my pajamas, don't stare so much. It's embarrassing."

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

so many presents

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

must be time for the monthly 'feed hundreds of Ns into someone decent' ~

:v: all i can think of with that maki now is that 'just accidentally modeling' pictures from years back

https://twitter.com/tsukimako/status/807943571697348613

…suddenly I'm glad they didn't show takap trying to scout any of those kids~
Also that it seems they mostly graduate into the agency from some sort of idol school, according to some of those commus.
#yikes

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

…suddenly I'm glad they didn't show takap trying to scout any of those kids~
Also that it seems they mostly graduate into the agency from some sort of idol school, according to some of those commus.
#yikes

cg is p hosed up

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Was there a WUG simulwatch?

I'm still needing to watch the other two movies with my group.

New series, only Miyu and Nanami look decent so far, imo. But I'll still give it a chance.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats the red text and arrow up that are always on the idol management and live tabs mean

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

asuka seems cool there should be a christmas asuka so I can pull one

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats the red text and arrow up that are always on the idol management and live tabs mean

idol tab: greater chance of "great success" leveling, skill ups
live tab: either greater chance of trainer tickets or money. If it starts with マ it's the money one, because I forget exactly how they phrase it.

Asuka is great and all, but an Asuka christmas would be sitting on a roof listening to the radio or something. Kinda eh.

Also it's fox-o-clock.

https://twitter.com/gum_53/status/807974360065536000

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Zenostein posted:

I think it's the same system as Uzuki and the anime. They go to some idol training school and if they have enough talent they're scouted by a producer.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i pulled two kiraris in a row... what kind of sick joke

the most f'ed up thing about cg is how the girls have time to do all this training and work and still go to school like 6 days a week

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I think Haruka's commute to the office was like 2 hrs one way iirc, so yeah.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

she had a breakdown at the end though so at least that fit

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I hope we can all agree we live in a world in which Asuka is at least great.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

asuka is cool, also i got a haru yuuki and she seems like a cool delinquent who needs a voice

the new event is live but seems complicated hopefully the database site will have an explanation by the time i get up

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Super No Vacancy posted:

asuka is cool, also i got a haru yuuki and she seems like a cool delinquent who needs a voice

the new event is live but seems complicated hopefully the database site will have an explanation by the time i get up

It's actually very simple and casual, it's basically score match with arbitrary rankings. Technically, you're teaming up with 4 other people to play a song together, and the only way to fail the song is the unlikely chance everyone fails. You set up "teams" beforehand that the game will choose from for the appropriate song (or let the game autobuild it for you), and one idol from that "team" will be used. I say "team" but it's basically a team of 5 leaders the game randomly chooses from, so ideally you put the optimal leader in each slot (sing, dance, overall, visual, life), and hopefully that idol will make the biggest contribution to the team, therefore giving you the most points. Scoring is very arbitrary though, so you never have a clear idea on why someone did better than you despite you being the only person who FC'd the song, other than SSRs almost always beat SRs contribution-wise. I wouldn't worry too much about it, and you can't get trolled by people putting Overload leaders anymore so just party away.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Zettace posted:

I think it's the same system as Uzuki and the anime. They go to some idol training school and if they have enough talent they're scouted by a producer.

Hm, maybe that's it and I'm just getting confused by Kaoru calling you sensei. I'm pretty sure I got the idea from her commu or like, one of Chie's; I'm pretty sure it stood out by merit of not being you running into someone in the park or out on the street like most of them.

Allarion posted:

It's actually very simple and casual, it's basically score match with arbitrary rankings. Technically, you're teaming up with 4 other people to play a song together, and the only way to fail the song is the unlikely chance everyone fails. You set up "teams" beforehand that the game will choose from for the appropriate song (or let the game autobuild it for you), and one idol from that "team" will be used. I say "team" but it's basically a team of 5 leaders the game randomly chooses from, so ideally you put the optimal leader in each slot (sing, dance, overall, visual, life), and hopefully that idol will make the biggest contribution to the team, therefore giving you the most points. Scoring is very arbitrary though, so you never have a clear idea on why someone did better than you despite you being the only person who FC'd the song, other than SSRs almost always beat SRs contribution-wise. I wouldn't worry too much about it, and you can't get trolled by people putting Overload leaders anymore so just party away.

Wait, you actually can fail? Wow

You can still get trolled by someone putting a random off-suit combo bonus (or whatever) in the healer slot. Then the game will helpfully pick your worst song.

Anyway the most complicated bit of the event is setting up your teams and your terribly important stickers.

Super No Vacancy posted:

she had a breakdown at the end though so at least that fit

wrong sort of breakdown, though. The worst she did time-wise was falling asleep in a math textbook or something. Besides, she only had like a year left — the big question is how amimami managed anything. maybe they each did half.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, I assume it's possible to fail. Just unlikely that all 5 players fail though I feel.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Is it? I can't specifically remember it happening, but 4/5 happens often enough… I kinda doubt it would care, beyond "everyone gets half points."

Also I just had a playthrough of Naked Romance (Cute). All SSRs, mine is the only cute one, the rest are cool.
Like, that has to be intentional, right? What the hell kind of odds make that just a coincidence?

There were even two Fumikas.

This is like the guy playing on master and his idol was eve. I don't even remember if it was idolized, or just a normal-rear end eve.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also I got the order wrong. It's Visual, Vocal, Overall, Dance, and Life. Got used to visual being the 3rd stat but whatever's. Also your leader ability only applies to yourself if you're wondering. The other idol's leader abilities don't affect you, though you can still activate their skills for score/healing. The life leader has a bunch of additional buffs going into it in order to balance it against all the other leaders, but I wouldn't worry about the details too much.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Also I just had a playthrough of Naked Romance (Cute). All SSRs, mine is the only cute one, the rest are cool.
Like, that has to be intentional, right? What the hell kind of odds make that just a coincidence?

There were even two Fumikas.

I see SSR Fumika (including my own) a lot in Live Party, probably because she has very high Dance.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

I see SSR Fumika (including my own) a lot in Live Party, probably because she has very high Dance.

Yeah, she's my third highest too; and I do understand that the auto selection prioritizes SSRs over type (that's probably more likely than simply prioritizing raw numbers), but this is some coincidence…

Incidentally, I got second, after full combo vocal fumi

I'm sure that makes sense somehow

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The auto selection takes the leader bonus into account too, hence why it'll usually go for the 90 percent up specific stat leaders for slots.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so i should just do the auto-fill right

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I still haven't figured out how LLSIF changed the auto-fill mechanics after the Aqours update and the choices it has for "best score"/"best heal" etc are atrocious. It tends to just fill the best score up with random Rs, so I guess it's only looking for skills and ignores the stats completely.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

so i should just do the auto-fill right

You might as well, generally, unless you want to avoid using an Overload or something.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Pro click for Jojo

https://youtu.be/zRwXBSd9evw

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Makiiiiiiiii

"I'm in my pajamas, don't stare so much. It's embarrassing."

hhnnnnnngggggg I'm so jealous

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey whoa these other people have way more outfits than me!!

kind of a neat gimmick i sppose

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how come i keep getting event candies and rare idol drops every time. are those real drops or temporary or something

edit now it gave me the SR setsuna as a random drop what the

how do i get more outfits

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 12, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

how come i keep getting event candies and rare idol drops every time. are those real drops or temporary or something

edit now it gave me the SR setsuna as a random drop what the

how do i get more outfits

The drops are part of the event, or at least, some of them are.

Outfits are SSR exclusive, though can you pick between the blue and the red one for everyone else.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ive gotten two of the SR setsunas just from getting 5th on pro tracks i like this event

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whozat

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Sickly gyaru Karen. Also member of Traid Primus.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Very good Karen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got a natalia this event is drowning me in rares i'm a normie pauper no more

that does not look like triad prime karen oh well