Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

How did we miss this? http://gameranx.com/updates/id/65872/article/star-citizens-squadron-42-to-appear-in-reality-show-2/

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus posted:

Gh0u1 recognized the exchange when I posted it in the Discord chat. He stood by it and told everyone how much he didn't care.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hail the Stimperor.

(from the arts & crafts section) I love this. I love how adoringly they're looking up at him

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Never stop being smug.

Have u signed up to be a trailblazer yet

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

we didn't

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Star Citizen and Squadron are going to be split up. This is the official claim by developers. You are going to pay extra money for Squadron 42. Its price is going to $45 on the game’s website.

New class of spaceships has been introduced. It is iltra fast 300 Series. Their most strikin gcharacteristic is awesome style. This fact has stumulated fans of the game to donate more money on crowd funding websites to see more fantastic machines.

By the way, Squadron as well as the whole Star Citizen series has broken all the crowd funding records. This game has already gathered 14 million dollars and it is not going to stop according to the latest introduction of new spaceships.

What is more, Squadron 42 promises a unique single player mode. It is interesting that you will be able to use your own imagination to create war ships and their elements. After that you can introduce them to the on-line mode.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

We were trying to forget :barf:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
According to the latest news, the release date of Squadron 42 Episode one is the end of 2016. It will come along with the whole saga and will give a few more interesting features. Estimated release date of Squadron 42 is the end of November. However, developers say that possible delays may occur which will urge them to present the game in the mid December. Anyway, Squadron 42 release date is 2016. So you can start preparing yourself for another space journey.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
A while back, OatmealRaisin did this pretty bitchin' LP of Spec Ops: The Line

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Even though Squadron 42 trailer does not reveal proper information on its characters, we still are promised to have the opportunity to create your own protagonist with unique traits and features. Some sources however promise that we can see Admiral Bishop, Mark Hamli, John Rhys Davies and Gillian Anderson among others.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Star Citizen Squadron 42 promises to be as tough and exciting as the whole game. To begin with, it is going to be a sandbox with numerous opportunities. You can create your own character, your own vehicles as well as your own weapons. Use of CryEngine means that we are going to see exceptionally beautiful scenery along with good physics. So traveling through space is supposed to be a thrilling experience. This game focuses more on battles with those aliens that want war. Nevertheless you still can develop diplomatic relations with peaceful races. The main advantage is that you have an opportunity to play it with access to the Internet and share your achievements later with the rest of the world.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Daztek posted:

we didn't

Have we got a link to the show?

FOUND IT! http://myxtv.com/shows/videos/cast-me-ep2

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Mark Hamli

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Daztek posted:

we didn't

Actually this is a different article , it pulls apart all of Sandis little acting gigs using the company offices

The comment at the bottom was good, a shill with a link to another sketchy 'news article' on sq42

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Madcosby posted:

Star Citizen Squadron 42 promises to be as tough and exciting as the whole game. To begin with, it is going to be a sandbox with numerous opportunities. You can create your own character, your own vehicles as well as your own weapons. Use of CryEngine means that we are going to see exceptionally beautiful scenery along with good physics. So traveling through space is supposed to be a thrilling experience. This game focuses more on battles with those aliens that want war. Nevertheless you still can develop diplomatic relations with peaceful races. The main advantage is that you have an opportunity to play it with access to the Internet and share your achievements later with the rest of the world.

It's like someone put the actual text through a translator a few times and then dumped it on the page

Very strange

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sappo569 posted:

Actually this is a different article , it pulls apart all of Sandis little acting gigs using the company offices

The comment at the bottom was good, a shill with a link to another sketchy 'news article' on sq42

That's pretty funny. Only two comments. One right after the article was published, and then one randomly linking to that weird paid news piece months later. I guess November 2 is when CIG hired that promotion company.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm not playing nice. I'm telling them exactly what to expect. Perhaps if they had done the same we wouldn't be in this situation.

Hope it works out for you man, I had to do a fair bit of pushing to get it sorted, including threatening with legal action etc. In the end they refunded everything, including gifts received.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Has the thread talked about the part where crytek employees aren't getting paid again?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

nawledgelambo posted:

How are animations still being worked on for sitting down?

Star Citizen for consoles confirmed. :smug:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Wait I meant:

Consoles confirmed for Star Citizen. :smug:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

My parents are jews, I'm divided between calling them for Hanukkah and denouncing their insidious international jew schemes. What do you advise?

You should call them. Life's too short to spend it hating people just because of superficial reasons. However I think you should try to convince them to be less insidious

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

No

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Wait are you telling me Chris doesn't know about the Mythical Man-Month? (adding manpower to a software project makes it later)

spacetoaster posted:

Have we got a link to the show?

FOUND IT! http://myxtv.com/shows/videos/cast-me-ep2
Not strong enough :negative:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/808228782435954688

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

I think it's because Chris Roberts has been out of the game industry for so long he hasn't got a loving clue and won't admit it to anyone. That's why all the experienced staff have left or are leaving, the ones that remain are at least collecting a monthly wage which is at least a plus over working for Crytek.

I just can't quite understand how the Lovecraftian horrors are happening. It seems like that's something that would require deliberate effort rather than something that could happen by accident. The game crashing because the player climbed into a vehicle I kinda understand, the player character morphing into something from Dead Space... I don't understand game development. :(

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/808330735702736896

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Chunjee posted:

If it were up to me and I actually wanted to deliver a game: fire all but the absolute essential artists down to a team of 2-8 max, and focus on finding or making something that demonstrates an ability to support at least 100 players reliably in a single star system, scrapping StarEngine entirely if necessary. Alternatively, let go of all artists and just use programmer art till game systems work together in a proven manner, and then worry about fidelity.

As far as I can tell; as long as CryEngine/StarEngine is in play, nothing resembling the original promise can be delivered. It seems wholly unsuited for anything beyond a single player fps or 16-32 player multiplayer (1 zone).
Counter argument: list of games that use a version of CryEngine includes at least one MMO.

Speaking out of my rear end as I don't have standing in gamedev specifically; can someone with real-world experience explain how they might go about salvaging this? Assuming that is even possible.

Fun aside, Piranha games is creating Mechwarrior 5 in the unreal engine, while MWO is in cryengine. Given the heartache and delays they've dealt with in MWO development because of the engine, I think they are building a bridge for MWO to move to an engine which isn't dog poo.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 12, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i kind of admire lethality's never give up, never surrender attitude

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I could put him in the Alamo and he'd kill the enitre Mexican army if I told him I had star citizen the complete game buried in the fort. (Chris would give him permission to play it so no NDA breakage)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Krycek posted:

If cig were smart, which we know they're not, they would have made SM in a vanilla build of cryengine and ran it in a separate executable so that the gameplay would be at least halfway decent for an fps. We all know they are doing this for show and have no intention of merging the SM codebase into that of SC proper. Should have just made a literal cryengine mod with your imported assets.

Wasn't this what they sort of did with Illfonic? Of course they dumb so it was handled in the most incompetent manner possible but somewhere surely they must have that standalone FPS build in a better state than the current 2.6 nonsense.

Edit: sorry didn't realise I wasn't reading the latest page and replied to your post 10'pages later.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

You keep making your hands dirty by diving them in the brown sea, only to snatch these pearls for us. For that i salute you commando o9.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it is unhealthy to brag about salvaging thousands of dollars from a colossal wreck

at the same time, it is also unhealthy to eat cheesecake for breakfast

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

alf_pogs posted:

i kind of admire lethality's never give up, never surrender attitude

Maybe he just really really loves metaphorically dying on hills.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Maybe he just really really loves metaphorically dying on hills.

well yeah this is the internet

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sappo569 posted:

It's like someone put the actual text through a translator a few times and then dumped it on the page

Very strange

Those Star Citizen 'articles' that have been popping up are likely algorithmically generated. It's amusing that redditors keep posting them like they matter in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

nawledgelambo posted:

How are animations still being worked on for sitting down?

Not animations, but animation. This is the one true 'getting in and out of chairs' animation that is going to be copy/pasted for maximum fidelity.