Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

god damnit I wish I would get champion shards so I can scrap them for blue essence and finally get my mastery 6 crafted for kayle. The essence requirements for those are stupid and unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

just buy those 1700 ip thing from the store, blue essence comes out of it all the time when you combine them into a mystery champion. or i think you can disenchant the champ too? i dont remember. the point is those exist so you can get on demand blue essence.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
support's fun because unlike dota i have an item that increases my passive gold generation and lets me play whack a mole minigames while playing support poppy to get even more money and piss off idiot adcs that think i'm stealing their cs

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Both of those are better than getting only ward skins in the boxes.

I built Redemption on mid Lux, thoughts?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
quinn with 68 lethality is a good way to have some fun!!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Edit whoops

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

stump collector posted:

if you find yourself placed far below your mmr i highly recommend assassin sion. an important thing to remember is that his ultimate has 300/600/900 base damage if you get a decent ult off

andichu your stream is super laggy

weird, i've only ever had one person (he's in singapore) have a problem and it looks ok on my end; without being too nosy are you in the us?

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 13, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it doesnt take a champion shard to upgrade your mastery level

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

it doesnt take a champion shard to upgrade your mastery level

It takes either a champ shard or blue essence from 5 to 6 and 6 to 7, you can buy random champ shards in the store tho and just disenchant them for blue essence so you aren't actually gated by boxes it just takes ip for some dumb reason.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ArbitraryC posted:

It takes either a champ shard or blue essence from 5 to 6 and 6 to 7, you can buy random champ shards in the store tho and just disenchant them for blue essence so you aren't actually gated by boxes it just takes ip for some dumb reason.

i feel like ive read that somewhere recently, but it would be impossible to figure out where

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Ivern just sucks in general, he's boring to play and frustrating to play against, someone please delete him from the game, Bio I know you still lurk and can backdoor Riot's servers, go full The Matrix on that poo poo

You sound extremely mad about objectively the happiest champion in the Legal Legends.

Saying he's not fun to play is just baffling

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ivern tips:

• you can make Daisy dance while backing
  • you can still control her with alt-click too
  • the ultimate BM is getting a kill with her as you go back
  • he's the best
  • yall some haters

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I wish I could control the Maiden with alt+click...

stump collector
May 28, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

weird, i've only ever had one person (he's in singapore) have a problem and it looks ok on my end; without being too nosy are you in the us?

yep

and my connection is gigabit fiber

still laggy ~1-2 hours later for me

maybe google is throttling hitbox because they're in bed with amazon :tinfoil:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Nazzadan posted:

I wish I could control the Maiden with alt+click...

please uninstall for playing yorick, he hard counters my gimmick top morg and this upsets me.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

stump collector posted:

yep

and my connection is gigabit fiber

still laggy ~1-2 hours later for me

maybe google is throttling hitbox because they're in bed with amazon :tinfoil:

thats weird, i had someone else look and didn't have any trouble,

Nazzadan posted:

But he's the only toplaner I like!

this bad and u should feel bad

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 13, 2016

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

ArbitraryC posted:

please uninstall for playing yorick, he hard counters my gimmick top morg and this upsets me.

But he's the only toplaner I like!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
new yorick is way better than old yorick

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

henkman posted:

new yorick is way better than old yorick

New Yorrick is bad and boring. Old Yorrick was good and boring but less boring.

He went from being a goofy hunchback with a shovel to I AM THE UNDERTAKER LOOK HOW GRIMDARK I AM. I AM SO GRIM AND I AM SO DARK. DARK DARK DARK DARK DARK.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
And speaking of boxes let me buy keys with IP or something because I still have 10 boxes from last season and they're so incredibly stingy with keys I hate it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

old yorick was arguably the most boring champion in the entire game. he was just "the pet class" except also really old and very badly designed

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

curiousCat posted:

Awful; a Lux with no burst is useless

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Work Friend Keven posted:

Here is the support problem:

1. It's your job to be extremely weak via not taking any money or experience
2. It actually doesn't feel good to be weak
3. On top of being weak and stupid, it's your job to walk into unwarded space and be killed, since you're the ward bitch.
4. If, by some weird happenstance you aren't weak, and can have fun, Annie will be nerfed again

supports are actually the strongest in that you get to decide who lives and dies on your team.

You can also directly poo poo on the annoying enemy Rengar/Yasuo/Riven main that keeps diving your ADC/Midlaner every single fight and see them rage in all chat. anything that removes agency from the enemy makes me happy

good supports also have the game sense and map awareness to not ward when it would get them killed unconditionally.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

curiousCat posted:

Both of those are better than getting only ward skins in the boxes.

bad idea. you get absolutely no AP out of it when there are a bunch of different AP + Mana items you could get instead.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

How Rude posted:

good supports also have the game sense and map awareness to not ward when it would get them killed unconditionally.
I think this is at least a smidgen unfair, if your team is just losing and getting pushed back into oblivion sometimes the only way to turn things around is if you go on a risky wardpath so that maybe you can spot the enemies making a positional mistake and capitalize on it. If you ward only when it is 100% safe to do so then you're neglecting a lot of opportunities to either press an advantage for your team or fight back when you're behind.

also your 1/5/1 jungler will bitch to no end about your lack of wards if you play it safe.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I've acquired an on-site hatred of all Riven/Yasuo players, and even ones of the enemy team I assume are assholes even if they're silent. So I take special joy in exhausting them when they try to do their 1vX burst bullshit

I've had toplaners (hi verv) get REALLY mad that the support exhaust them on cooldown. But they're often the only ones that get in exhaust range of Janna. Get hosed top lane islanders

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

ArbitraryC posted:

I think this is at least a smidgen unfair, if your team is just losing and getting pushed back into oblivion sometimes the only way to turn things around is if you go on a risky wardpath so that maybe you can spot the enemies making a positional mistake and capitalize on it. If you ward only when it is 100% safe to do so then you're neglecting a lot of opportunities to either press an advantage for your team or fight back when you're behind.

also your 1/5/1 jungler will bitch to no end about your lack of wards if you play it safe.

you strike a balance. take the riskier paths if you can but you rarely have to be in a situation where it is 100% suicidal to even attempt to ward like keven's joke post was stating

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

henkman posted:

And speaking of boxes let me buy keys with IP or something because I still have 10 boxes from last season and they're so incredibly stingy with keys I hate it

play more aram. I get a keyshard every other game it feels like.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

kingcobweb posted:

I've acquired an on-site hatred of all Riven/Yasuo players

You and literally everyone else that plays this game that isn't a Riven/Yasuo main.

Also old Yorick was fun but bad, new Yorick is fun and good.

Old Yorick just had a stigma about him because every patch he would somehow break the game or break an item, and because he was permanently off the free-week rotation

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if its not safe to ward you have to set up a safe line of scrimmage of vision. if it's too dangerous to ward you just have to cede control of that part of the map. because it's too dangerous to be there.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

TheAnomaly posted:

play more aram. I get a keyshard every other game it feels like.

Every time you get a keyshard the chance of you getting another goes down until you get about 3 completed keys then they become basically nonexistant. It then resets at the start of the month. Since I got a crate essentially on cooldown that leaves me with like an extra crate a month I won't have the keys to open

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

How Rude posted:

bad idea. you get absolutely no AP out of it when there are a bunch of different AP + Mana items you could get instead.

Agreed. I wouldn't recommend Redemption even on support Lux, because her primary reason for being in the game is still dealing damage. I think Grail is fine as a replacement for Morello if you want to pump more power into your shield at the cost of some damage, but you still gotta be building AP in every slot or you're going to be more-or-less useless by the time late midgame/endgame rolls around.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I ban Yasou every single game and have never regretted it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Continue to ban Yasuo until he is deleted from the game, hth

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

if its not safe to ward you have to set up a safe line of scrimmage of vision. if it's too dangerous to ward you just have to cede control of that part of the map. because it's too dangerous to be there.

I dunno how else to phrase my post other than "sometimes it's important for supports to take risks to get advantages in games", sure if you are guaranteed to get ganked in your own jungle you shouldn't ward there but at that point the game is already over. I think the importance of getting wards where your opponents would normally feel safe is one of those neglected things that would make people enjoy the role more if they understood.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

How Rude posted:

you strike a balance. take the riskier paths if you can but you rarely have to be in a situation where it is 100% suicidal to even attempt to ward like keven's joke post was stating

For sure I agree, you're a good supp and I respect your opinions that's just sorta why I felt it was necessary to clarify the situation. I'm only plat so not super good or bad but in general I feel like some of my most important plays as a supp have been using what little info we have to get some vision around an important objective or flank path that ends up turning things around, imo it's important as a supp to understand that sometimes you need to take risks in vision control if you don't wanna just sit behind your frontlines while your team slowly loses. You shouldn't wander into the enemy jungle and die alone but you also shouldn't just throw your hands up when your mid/jung doesn't want to invest in wards.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Since we're on the subject of supports: some dude did nothing but Fill for the entirety of season 6 and posted individual graphs of each patch. Here's the combined pie chart for every patch:

People really, really do not like playing support in this game.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
lol camille is one of the worst champion designs i've ever seen (not the kit, the art/model/idea)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'd expect that jungle is about as popular as mid s7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Vermain posted:

Since we're on the subject of supports: some dude did nothing but Fill for the entirety of season 6 and posted individual graphs of each patch. Here's the combined pie chart for every patch:

People really, really do not like playing support in this game.

haha yup. i go back and forth btw fill and non-support selections (get the support/fill talisman, then do a lane game) and 90% support seems about right for fill.

then, in a non-negligible number of my lane games, whoever rolled support starts chat lobby with "**** autofill."

• Locked thread