Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

I like how he assumed they made the bullet instead of just finding it on a run.

It's almost like he read the script or something.

Hey. Hey Negan. What is that in the background there. Is that the script?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Why were the zombies just chilling in the puddle?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Gortarius posted:

Why were the zombies just chilling in the puddle?

Muscle memory. In life, those people liked to chill in puddles.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Why does Negan have a bandage on his arm? I don't remember what happened there

He burned himself making the spaghetti and homely chick that got shot in the head patched him up. Carl took two of his men, so Negan took two as well.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Caros posted:

It's almost like he read the script or something.

Hey. Hey Negan. What is that in the background there. Is that the script?

Best possible TV crossover: It turns out this is actually Westworld: Walking Dead World and Negan is a guest on his 20th play through

Explains everything about him immediately

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I can't figure out why Negan didn't at least take Rosita captive. He took Daryl captive. He had Carl for a little while, at least. You can argue that Carl is a special case anyway.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

I can't figure out why Negan didn't at least take Rosita captive. He took Daryl captive. He had Carl for a little while, at least.

He doesn't know Darryl left. As far as he knows, he still has his hostage and now a bonus hostage/bullet maker.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

He doesn't know Darryl left. As far as he knows, he still has his hostage and now a bonus hostage/bullet maker.

My favorite thing about all this is "Oh my God we can never beat Negan's compound, there's so many of them! And a zombie wall!"

... everyone proceeds to just walk in and out of the gate, which was only guarded by one fat guy who got lost. Seriously these people are so stupid if they could crew up some homemade C4 they could kill all of them with like 4 people.

I really want a wasteland show where people are far more clever. Ever see a home made bowling ball mortar, for example?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, take her captive for trying to kill him. Daryl's escape is irrelevant.

Blazing Ownager posted:

My favorite thing about all this is "Oh my God we can never beat Negan's compound, there's so many of them! And a zombie wall!"

... everyone proceeds to just walk in and out of the gate, which was only guarded by one fat guy who got lost. Seriously these people are so stupid if they could crew up some homemade C4 they could kill all of them with like 4 people.

I really want a wasteland show where people are far more clever. Ever see a home made bowling ball mortar, for example?

I guess I'm gonna go ahead and assume Jesus took out the rest of the guards off-screen.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 12, 2016

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Blazing Ownager posted:

Best possible TV crossover: It turns out this is actually Westworld: Walking Dead World and Negan is a guest on his 20th play through

Explains everything about him immediately

I like that. Walkers are defective and damaged hosts.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Okay how much time do they possibly think they have to get ready? Darryl is gone and there's a dead fat guy with his head missing at the compound. I know they're stupid but the saviours would be able to figure out where Darryl was at pretty quick I would think

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

I can't figure out why Negan didn't at least take Rosita captive.

I think episode rather definitively proved if had been, say, Tara AND Rosita, or hell let's crazy and say 3 or 4 other people in the crowd had handguns Negan and every one of his bodyguards would have been dead fifty times over and he has no backup plan in the TV show and that the only reason she had a single bullet made was for plot reasons from the get go. Hell it's only stupid plot reasons that they don't have stashed handguns already.

I mean it was obvious it was either: Going to be used to save Eugene or something, or fall into Negan's hands. It was way too ridiculous.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Okay how much time do they possibly think they have to get ready? Darryl is gone and there's a dead fat guy with his head missing at the compound. I know they're stupid but the saviours would be able to figure out where Darryl was at pretty quick I would think

The second half of s07 is 24-style, each episode is one hour of TWD world's time. :suicide:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

"Daryl's a badass for killing Fat Joseph. So I'm gonna let this one go."

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So who wants to bet when the war starts nobody modifiers their advertising friendly vehicles to be like Mad Max battle tanks, despite the fact that would totally be the smartest loving thing both sides could be doing, the middle east has shown you can tankify anything with like 0 resources aside from steel and spot welders.

I mean look at the vehicle the Saviors chucked into the compound. The ones they are driving should be like that, too.

Tortuga posted:

Yeah but it would have taken Eugene 3 or 4 episodes to make that many bullets

Touche

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think episode rather definitively proved if had been, say, Tara AND Rosita, or hell let's crazy and say 3 or 4 other people in the crowd had handguns Negan and every one of his bodyguards would have been dead fifty times over

Yeah but it would have taken Eugene 3 or 4 episodes to make that many bullets

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
*hears about mass shooting* can't believe someone made this guy all those bullets.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I hope Rick is the one who makes a plan on how to dunk on ol' Negan.

Okay guys, here's the plan: There is a puddle full of zombies back where me and that stock gay guy were at. What we are gonna do is we are going to make ourselves some makeshift knives and then make some flutes with them. We are going to make all those puddle zombies follow the flute music all the way to Negan place and then he'll really be in trouble. Heh... He won't know what hit him.

So where does he live? Anyone know? Oh, what's that? You left a 20 meter trail of ketchup on the road to mark the way? Good thinking. Let's go and find that ketchup.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This is good now we get to stare at this boot until next year

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

So, uh, why did Jesus want to leave that trail anyway? If he goes from their hideout back to Hilltop, he knows where it's at, unless he has goldfish memory. The trail just warns the Saviors that someone's trying to find the hideout.

Does Alexandria being completely hidden from Hilltop, the Kingdom and the Saviors for a year or whatever make sense in the comic?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 12, 2016

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

This is good now we get to stare at this boot until next year

Nice extension cord accoutrement this person's got there.

So probably that lady that helped Tara out, right? That's my guess.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't want to one of the typical stupid TWD thread questions, but is it implied Michonne executed the red-headed savior and dumped the car?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't want to one of the typical stupid TWD thread questions, but is it implied Michonne executed the red-headed savior and dumped the car?

They muffled gun shot is in the show, at a distance.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yes. As for why, I don't know, despite rewinding twice to figure out what was going on in that scene. Why did she execute her, and why was the read head seemingly at peace with it? Was the suggestion to hide the car so that Negan doesn't figure out who killed the redhead? I kept up with Westworld no problem, but characters on this show do things that don't make any immediate sense to the viewers all the time. Like, just recently, Spencer walking into the woods to find the bow, Michonne's overall plan and what motivated it, what Morgan was doing at Carol's. Some of these may be explained by the long gaps in between servicing certain stories, but others just seems to be really unclear writing.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Enderzero posted:

Yes. As for why, I don't know, despite rewinding twice to figure out what was going on in that scene. Why did she execute her, and why was the read head seemingly at peace with it? Was the suggestion to hide the car so that Negan doesn't figure out who killed the redhead? I kept up with Westworld no problem, but characters on this show do things that don't make any immediate sense to the viewers all the time. Like, just recently, Spencer walking into the woods to find the bow, Michonne's overall plan and what motivated it, what Morgan was doing at Carol's. Some of these may be explained by the long gaps in between servicing certain stories, but others just seems to be really unclear writing.

I just figured she didn't like being a Savior. "There's always more" and all that. She was fine with dying if it meant not going back. She was even willing to make it easier for Michonne to not get caught.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If she was in the process of leaving the Saviors ("Why were you alone?"), why would Michonne want to kill her? She could defect to Alexandria and provide valuable intel.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Murphys Law posted:

I just figured she didn't like being a Savior. "There's always more" and all that. She was fine with dying if it meant not going back. She was even willing to make it easier for Michonne to not get caught.

That's kind of what I figured but there's a whole host of options from there. The world is treated like there's a radioactive zone outside of the communities we've seen - just run away, you have a drat car. Or try to take Negan out if you really don't care what happens to yourself. So many confusing things in service of keeping the big bad alive to keep the notion of an overall plot alive.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Lycus posted:

If she was in the process of leaving the Saviors ("Why were you alone?"), why would Michonne want to kill her? She could defect to Alexandria and provide valuable intel.

She didn't tell Michonne that she was running away though. She really didn't tell Michonne much of anything other than "there's a silencer in the glove compartment." Michonne realized she wasn't going to get anything important out of that woman so she just off'd her. Why she didn't tell Michonne that she was running away is still a mystery (if that's even the case).

Maybe she just thought "well nothing else anyone does in this show makes any loving sense, why should I?"

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Enderzero posted:

That's kind of what I figured but there's a whole host of options from there. The world is treated like there's a radioactive zone outside of the communities we've seen - just run away, you have a drat car. Or try to take Negan out if you really don't care what happens to yourself. So many confusing things in service of keeping the big bad alive to keep the notion of an overall plot alive.

Well, it's not really the kind of world you want to be out alone in for long.

As for going to another community and offering Intel, the only communities she likely knows about are the ones Negan has control of. The Saviors would find her sooner or later. And she knows what Negan has on hand to throw against them.

And I'd imagine letting Michonne kill her was more of a sour of the moment thing and she didn't get up that pmorning thinking today is the day.

Also, the last four people who tried to leave are either dead or back with Negan again.

Murphys Law fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 12, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Acacia REI posted:

She didn't tell Michonne that she was running away though.

I guess. But Michonne was clearly suspicious that that was the case, since she started questioning her that way. Not following that up with an offer to trade intel for refuge doesn't make sense to me.

Murphys Law posted:

As for going to another community and offering Intel, the only communities she likely knows about are the ones Negan has control of. The Saviors would find her sooner or later. And she knows what Negan has on hand to throw against them.

I understand why the redhead wouldn't come up with it, but why wouldn't pro-rebellion Michonne push an offer.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 12, 2016

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Lycus posted:

I guess. But Michonne was clearly suspicious that that was the case, since she started questioning her that way. Not following that up with an offer to trade intel for refuge doesn't make sense to me.

I understand why the redhead wouldn't come up with it, but why wouldn't pro-rebellion Michonne push an offer.

Oh, well I don't know. Maybe she just saw Negan's numbers and didn't see the point.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Okay but why did Michonne think that Negan lived in the middle of the road like wtf there's not even a toilet

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The impact from the bullet should have made Lucille whip back and hit Negan in the face, giving someone an opportunity for a "don't hit yourself" joke.

"Catches BULLETS, with his BAT? Negan please!"

Gortarius posted:

So where does he live? Anyone know? Oh, what's that? You left a 20 meter trail of ketchup on the road to mark the way? Good thinking. Let's go and find that ketchup.

Well to be fair, Jesus found his way back to Hilltop, so he clearly sussed out where he was in the end.

Astroman fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 13, 2016

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Okay but why did Michonne think that Negan lived in the middle of the road like wtf there's not even a toilet

He traded with a buddy of his. They took the house, he took the R.V.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

coyo7e posted:

My brother and his friends reload a lot of their ammo, and I've used it - you can notice clamp marks, the brass gets thinner, the primer charge won't look factory-standard, etc

Does your brother or his friends have mullets, y/n?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Stickarts posted:

JDM is muchos ugly without the designer stubble.

He looks goddamn emaciated.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

nooneofconsequence posted:

He looks goddamn emaciated.

Explains why he's hated fat people all season.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

Todd and his gang remains creepier and slimier than anything Negan has to offer

Opie, dead-eyed piece of poo poo beats cocky wise cracking rear end in a top hat any day.

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

What is Negan's problem? Why does he kill people that pose no threat to him and let the ones who try to kill him keep living? How is this a good idea?

The only explanation I've found that keeps the series watchable is that Negan wants to die. He has ran out the thrill of women and murder, he desperately wants to see someone have the guts and capability to kill him.

This is all the Governor's fault because he was awesome and died before the creator was ready so Negan is kept stupidly safe to not make the same mistake, the key difference being the Governor wasn't stupid enough to be a total oval office.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Blazing Ownager posted:

Given a lot of people seem to think Negan was a teacher, that's my new head canon.
IIRC, he was a coach. He mentions it at some point talking to either Rick or Carl but I couldn't tell you which episode or which issue it was, or if it even showed up in the show at all, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Enderzero posted:

That's what I've been saying ever since this plot arc started, just makes no drat sense. There's zero reason for Rick to not just load up a car with supplies, take Judith, Carl, and Michonne with him, and drive the gently caress away at night. They've already traveled from Georgia up to Virginia, so we know road travel is possible for significant distances. Just go back south, or even head out west.

Sure, Negan might follow, but if they left at night, Negan wouldn't know until his next visit to Alexandria. And even then has no idea which direction, or how far they've gone. It'd be impossible to ever find them.