Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Paladinus posted:

What are you, French?

Nobody outside the UK pronounces it BURnerd. Maeve pronounces it BURnerd because she's posh AF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I think Clementine is the prettiest robot :3:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

:same:

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

I want the snake tattoo robot to choke me to death while Ted rides me cowboy

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
if the RLM crew were all robots which one would you rape?

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Still jay

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrY-iXi5o3o

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FrensaGeran posted:

Also I hate to get greedy but where is my BOTW? I've got a bowl packed and ready to go.

Rumor is Nintendo pushed it back to July.

Osric
Sep 25, 2012

Yug posted:

I've always liked these guys but the chemistry seems really awkward whenever Mike is around. The rest of them don't seem to act as naturally on BOTW when it's just them without Mike. Is it just because Mike's the boss or what? Always seemed strange to me.
I find the chemistry more awkward in Half in the Bag when it's just Mike and Jay. Every time Mike disagrees with Jay Jay immediately backpedals like he's gonna get a beating. I don't get it, they must surely realise that disagreement and debate can be more entertaining and interesting for the audience than trying to agree on everything.

I get the feeling that at some point in the distant past Mike established himself as king of their little group of movie nerds and that dynamic has persisted into their videos.

Osric fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 12, 2016

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Mike is George Lucas, he surrounds himself with yes men

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Schweinhund posted:

Mike is George Lucas, he surrounds himself with yes men

Don't act like you wouldn't say yes to Mike.

Osric
Sep 25, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Don't act like you wouldn't say yes to Mike.
2002 era thin-voice-of-a-child-Mike or 2016 era fat-alcoholic-manly-voiced-Mike?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

FrensaGeran posted:

Also I hate to get greedy but where is my BOTW? I've got a bowl packed and ready to go.

Its still being cleared by big wigs at Disney.

naem
May 29, 2011

I think the guys have established characters for each other and play off it and it's fun. I like fun

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

I think the guys have established characters for each other and play off it and it's fun. I like fun

Mike's established character is that he's an alcoholic and I can relate to that.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Osric posted:

2002 era thin-voice-of-a-child-Mike or 2016 era fat-alcoholic-manly-voiced-Mike?

Yes.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Osric posted:

superbottles mike

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'd let mike neglect me for his work and drinking.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Osric posted:

I get the feeling that at some point in the distant past Mike established himself as king of their little group of movie nerds and that dynamic has persisted into their videos.

Mike and Jay used to hate each other so this checks out.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Osric posted:

I find the chemistry more awkward in Half in the Bag when it's just Mike and Jay. Every time Mike disagrees with Jay Jay immediately backpedals like he's gonna get a beating. I don't get it, they must surely realise that disagreement and debate can be more entertaining and interesting for the audience than trying to agree on everything.

*.gif of guy who kinda looks like Mike punching out guy who vaguely resembles Jay*

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Mike is a cautionary tale on the dangers of alcoholism and Rich is a cautionary tale on the dangers of sobriety.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
is mike an alcoholic because jessie dumped him

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Osric posted:

If you think about it more as Jay being Mike's kid brother you get a better idea of the dynamic. He used to be the babyface, who turned into a neckbeard when he hit puberty, and he only got reassignment surgery and became Susan recently. (S)He's still figuring out how to be hot. It's like when the pudgy nerd girl in middle school suddenly turns smoking hot and all the nerds are trying to latch on before she realizes she's risen a social strata above them.

Wizard has his own gig so he doesn't give a poo poo and it shows. Rich is like the father figure he's gotta keep the kids busy with their soap box racer or who knows what trouble they'll get into. Aidsmoby is the only real yes man, because Mike is his boss and his side career in standup is a joke.

:thejoke:

boner confessor posted:

is mike an alcoholic because jessie dumped him

No he's an alcoholic because he's already achieved the thing he'll be known for after he dies, a long-winded rant of a Star Wars movie. The thing that pays all his bills and funds his company was a total unintentional fluke. Meanwhile the lovely movies that he pours his heart and soul into are dog turds so all he can do is make podcasts and write checks until he dies.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Oh no, I get drunk and watch movies with friends for a living. What a nightmare.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
reasons to not drink:

a)

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Zzulu posted:

reasons to not drink:

a)

Hangovers am I right? Oof, moving a little slow today hehehehe

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

revdrkevind posted:

If you think about it more as Jay being Mike's kid brother you get a better idea of the dynamic. He used to be the babyface, who turned into a neckbeard when he hit puberty, and he only got reassignment surgery and became Susan recently. (S)He's still figuring out how to be hot. It's like when the pudgy nerd girl in middle school suddenly turns smoking hot and all the nerds are trying to latch on before she realizes she's risen a social strata above them.

Wizard has his own gig so he doesn't give a poo poo and it shows. Rich is like the father figure he's gotta keep the kids busy with their soap box racer or who knows what trouble they'll get into. Aidsmoby is the only real yes man, because Mike is his boss and his side career in standup is a joke.

:thejoke:

No he's an alcoholic because he's already achieved the thing he'll be known for after he dies, a long-winded rant of a Star Wars movie. The thing that pays all his bills and funds his company was a total unintentional fluke. Meanwhile the lovely movies that he pours his heart and soul into are dog turds so all he can do is make podcasts and write checks until he dies.

revdrkevind laying down the hard truth. Made me cry.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

Light Gun Man posted:

Oh no, I get drunk and watch movies with friends for a living. What a nightmare.

That's what Rich is doing.

Mike probably still wishes he'd get mentioned in a sentence alongside De Palma. And not a sentence like, Brian De Palma was a really great director but Mike Stoklasa is a drunk rear end in a top hat.

So what I'm trying to say is, Gay for Jay. All the Way. I miss his vlogs. Was really hoping to see what he had to say about the new (insert topical reference).

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Osric posted:

Because he is weak minded

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

1. Rich Evans
2. Mike
3. Jay
4. Macaulay Culkin
5. Max Landis
6. "The Wizard"
7. The Canadians
8. Jack

Forgotten: Jessie

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think if you told Mike he should desire to be a great director he would laugh at you.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

reignofevil posted:

I think if you told Mike he should desire to be a great director he would laugh at you.

Should? Oh God no. He shouldn't.

Mike: "I'd just like to be remembered for making movies."

Interviewer: "You made Care Boars."

Mike: (stares into the middle distance)

1. Rich Evans
2. Jay
3. Wizard
4. Tiny Canadian
5. Anyone else who's ever been a guest
6. Most of Jack's opinions
7. RLM's feature length films

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jessie would probably be in my top 4, hard to say if she's better than Jack or not. Josh is definitely near the bottom.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

revdrkevind posted:

Should? Oh God no. He shouldn't.

Mike: "I'd just like to be remembered for making movies."

Interviewer: "You made Care Boars."

Mike: (stares into the middle distance)

1. Rich Evans
2. Jay
3. Wizard
4. Tiny Canadian
5. Anyone else who's ever been a guest
6. Most of Jack's opinions
7. RLM's feature length films

Wizard #3?
Hey everybody look at this jackass with terrible opinions!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Jack rules, Josh drools, thanks for reading

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

revdrkevind posted:

Wizard has his own gig so he doesn't give a poo poo and it shows.

Josh watches the movies beforehand so he can be the first to notice stuff during the filming, he's a pathetic tryhard

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Why does anyone call that shitlord Wizard? Is that a thing? Did he name himself that, because of course he did?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

Josh watches the movies beforehand so he can be the first to notice stuff during the filming, he's a pathetic tryhard

Completely unsurprising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

Why does anyone call that shitlord Wizard? Is that a thing? Did he name himself that, because of course he did?

He calls himself that.

• Locked thread