Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Origami Dali posted:

Why does anyone call that shitlord Wizard? Is that a thing? Did he name himself that, because of course he did?

he catches all the jokes in the movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Origami Dali posted:

Why does anyone call that shitlord Wizard? Is that a thing? Did he name himself that, because of course he did?

He has the powers to make all the women within his vicinity disappear.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

There's an episode of community where the gang gets together to watch bad movies and crack jokes. Pierce being an insecure tryhard gets really upset no one likes his jokes and is enraged they come so natural to everyone else. He then pre-watches the movie and hires writers to write him good jokes. On the night of the movie they decide to watch something else and he flips out. Josh reminds me Chevy Chase really really trying to hard to "win" at movie quips.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Wait a minute. Is Max Landis the same Max Landis who wrote this Mickey Mouse comic about being middle aged? http://www.sassquach.com/journal/2013/11/4/boys-night.html

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

HIJK posted:

Wait a minute. Is Max Landis the same Max Landis who wrote this Mickey Mouse comic about being middle aged? http://www.sassquach.com/journal/2013/11/4/boys-night.html

that would explain the haircut

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

HIJK posted:

Ah the classic "what if funny cartoon man was actually depressed and gross looking."

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Josh watches the movies beforehand so he can be the first to notice stuff during the filming, he's a pathetic tryhard

There was an episode where he made a joke about something that hadn't even happened onscreen yet and Jay was all "what?"

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
the worst thing about 2016 was the high number of botw episodes containing josh. high number in this case being any number above zero.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I never liked Josh just on his attitude alone long before juicy shaqmeat.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Capntastic posted:

There was an episode where he made a joke about something that hadn't even happened onscreen yet and Jay was all "what?"

You do realize they would have just edited the footage to show that right. Its not in loving real time.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Josh can be good if the entire rest of the gang piles on him and makes fun of him relentlessly like they did in the shaqmeat episode

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
I sat with Wizard at the next-to-last B-Fest. Dude was a chill roommate for 24 hours.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Has anybody said Josh "The Jizzard" yet?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

revdrkevind posted:

I sat with Wizard at the next-to-last B-Fest. Dude was a chill roommate for 24 hours.

How did you handle the smell?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Nutsngum posted:

You do realize they would have just edited the footage to show that right. Its not in loving real time.

They didn't though

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

Wait the internet isn't in real time?

What kind of time is it in then mr smarty pants? Pacific time?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Capntastic posted:

They didn't though

Prove it.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

eSporks posted:

Prove it.

There he is, the Wizard fan, get him

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

a bone to pick posted:

How did you handle the smell?

Of B-Fest in general? That's a tough one. So many loving assholes munching Cool Ranch Doritos and leaving used supreme pizza boxes under their chairs for 24h. Jesus Christ it gets bad.

Wizard though was fine.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Josh is fine.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Old Story posted:

Josh is fine.

Classic Gilchrest

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Baronjutter posted:

There's an episode of community where the gang gets together to watch bad movies and crack jokes. Pierce being an insecure tryhard gets really upset no one likes his jokes and is enraged they come so natural to everyone else. He then pre-watches the movie and hires writers to write him good jokes. On the night of the movie they decide to watch something else and he flips out. Josh reminds me Chevy Chase really really trying to hard to "win" at movie quips.

we had the argument in the last thread about Josh pre-watching the movies

I think to save time I'll recap, since the common attitude is that it's perfectly reasonable that 8 different justifications are more plausible than "He watches the movies in advance."

"He could be pointing out continuity errors before they happen due to editing! Editing could be showing the jokes out of order from the footage!"
"He admitted he saw Space Mutiny before they watched it, so this somehow explains a half dozen other instances of clairvoyant lovely joke making"
"Him sitting and inserting a laugh break into his jokes like a lovely scripted comedian is just the way he spontaneously tells jokes somehow"
"Joking about minor details literally nobody else never notices just means he pays more attention! That's why he has to laboriously explain his jokes, it isn't at all that he prepared material over things he thought was funny beforehand and that nobody else thought was funny or noticed"
"There isn't a specific disclaimer they don't watch the movies! Jay even saw Hard Ticket to Hawaii and Terror in Beverly Hills!"

Oh hey

Nutsngum posted:

All of this has happened before and it will happen again. Just give Josh a few hours to prepare lovely unfunny jokes nobody else will get about it before it happens.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
josh is my spirit animal

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I think to save time I'll recap, since the common attitude is that it's perfectly reasonable that 8 different justifications are more plausible than "He watches the movies in advance."

"He could be pointing out continuity errors before they happen due to editing! Editing could be showing the jokes out of order from the footage!"
"He admitted he saw Space Mutiny before they watched it, so this somehow explains a half dozen other instances of clairvoyant lovely joke making"
"Him sitting and inserting a laugh break into his jokes like a lovely scripted comedian is just the way he spontaneously tells jokes somehow"
"Joking about minor details literally nobody else never notices just means he pays more attention! That's why he has to laboriously explain his jokes, it isn't at all that he prepared material over things he thought was funny beforehand and that nobody else thought was funny or noticed"
"There isn't a specific disclaimer they don't watch the movies! Jay even saw Hard Ticket to Hawaii and Terror in Beverly Hills!"

Oh hey

All of this has happened before and it will happen again. Just give Josh a few hours to prepare lovely unfunny jokes nobody else will get about it before it happens.

Josh has never felt the romantic touch of another human being

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Thought we'd see the end of content droughts once they'd shat out Space Cop. It's been like six months since the last video. Are these fucks spending time with their families?

I want my free entertainment

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Red Letter Media end credits

Everyone gets jobs as toll booth operators

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Berious posted:

Thought we'd see the end of content droughts once they'd shat out Space Cop. It's been like six months since the last video. Are these fucks spending time with their families?

You could always watch Pre-Rec streams but it makes you like Rich a lot less and Jack a lot more.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

They made a HitB a week ago...

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Oh hey

counterpoints: I have never even seen Josh do those things & Josh is bad for other reasons so who gives a poo poo, also you are a sperg.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
only point that matters: josh isn't funny.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Josh had one good scripted joke and it was in the Exorcist 2 BOTW where they're in the credits and he does the snl announcer voice "starring Richard Burton... Muuuuusical guest Ned Beatty"

So out of like 30 hours of screentime he's had one very good scripted joke versus literally everything national treasure Rich Evans says or does is loving amazing.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Josh made a Nipsey Russell reference in the BotW episode with The Jar which I thought was ok, it was funnier seeing him without a beard though because he looks like a 6'5 balding manbaby.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Schweinhund posted:

counterpoints: I have never even seen Josh do those things & Josh is bad for other reasons so who gives a poo poo, also you are a sperg.

if by sperg you mean i pay more attention to the things i watch than you do then okay, i'll take that.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Fat Shat Sings posted:

if by sperg you mean i pay more attention to the things i watch than you do then okay, i'll take that.

Just like Josh!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

a bone to pick posted:

They made a HitB a week ago...

Non-BOTW content doesn't count.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

BOTW is the one thing I don't bother watching.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

BOTW is the one thing I don't bother watching.

Oh what the gently caress, I just thought this was a NotaZaar thing only. Or FedEx Mercury whatever his name is, the one with no joy.

Why are you not watching their best show?

Soral
May 30, 2009

jim ("the other canadian") should be on more often just to read the film titles off the wheel, which is when he is at his most powerful

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Soral posted:

jim ("the other canadian") should be on more often just to read the film titles off the wheel, which is when he is at his most powerful

If he can stay awake long enough, he always looks like he's one beer away form passing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

a bone to pick posted:

If he can stay awake long enough, he always looks like he's one beer away form passing out.

He's high as balls :pcgaming:

• Locked thread