Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cat Face Joe posted:

didn't have any yesterday and didn't realize it. haveing extra today

yeah those days where there's no beans are p weird!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Captain Foo posted:

yeah those days where there's no beans are p weird!

this weather's got me all hosed up man

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Going back for some fresh beans

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AAB posted:

Going back for some fresh beans

same, gotta get that 2nd pot drained

Cat Face Joe posted:

this weather's got me all hosed up man

u will overcome

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
had a spro yesterday afternoon and stayed up relatively late reading because of it

gonna roast today

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

having coffee

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
coffee having

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
second mug poured

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Thinking of getting a cute little one-cup moka pot for work use

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
only one cup, though? that's not the kind of high-achieving attitude we're looking for here...

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
that's.. fair. more beans reqd

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

I've never had espresso before 2 days ago, but I bought an espresso machine and compared to the aeropress juice I'm used to it seems to be less poop inducing but at the same time much more :sludgepal: so I guess what I'm saying is I have mixed feelings about espresso.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Colonel Taint posted:

I've never had espresso before 2 days ago, but I bought an espresso machine and compared to the aeropress juice I'm used to it seems to be less poop inducing but at the same time much more :sludgepal: so I guess what I'm saying is I have mixed feelings about espresso.

watching a pro barista prepare a spro for me really helped my technique, and let me know what to expect regarding taste, presentation, and volume

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:raise:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

spro:espresso::za:pizza

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Foo posted:

spro:espresso::za:pizza

so it's a vile linguistic monstrosity. understood

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

prefect posted:

so it's a vile linguistic monstrosity. understood

we're not talking about you're posts tho

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
whats a good espresso machine that doesnt cost a bajillion dollars and also does milk for a cafe au lait?

also whats a good regular coffee maker w/ a timer? how bad is my mr coffee + maxwell house? do i have the taste of donald trump?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PuTTY riot posted:

whats a good espresso machine that doesnt cost a bajillion dollars and also does milk for a cafe au lait?

also whats a good regular coffee maker w/ a timer? how bad is my mr coffee + maxwell house? do i have the taste of donald trump?

mr coffee is probably fine but you can do a lot better on the bean front to easily and quickly improve you are coffee drinking experience

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PuTTY riot posted:

the wirecutter/sweethome says hamilton beach

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

mr coffee is probably fine
nah these don't get the water nearly hot enough and rely mostly on heating the coffee in the carafe after it's made

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
anyone ever make turkish coffee at home? i do it right on my gas stove's smallest burner and it's p great.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

nah these don't get the water nearly hot enough and rely mostly on heating the coffee in the carafe after it's made

Oh

well :rip:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

that was a japanese toilet, you idiot

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

that was a japanese toilet, you idiot

chuckled irl

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

anyone ever make turkish coffee at home? i do it right on my gas stove's smallest burner and it's p great.

what is your technique?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
drinkin' beans - put a little salt in the ol grounds today

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mad Wack posted:

drinkin' beans - put a little salt in the ol grounds today

this is actually a thing?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Podima posted:

some people put salt and eggshells in the coffee grounds

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

thinkin about those beans

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

prefect posted:

some people put salt and eggshells in the coffee grounds

hosed up if true

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cat Face Joe posted:

hosed up if true

http://coffeefaq.com/site/node/51

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

hosed up

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I read the same book and when I came across the paragraph about the coffee I went back and read it three times to make sure I wasn't reading it incorrectly. I even got my husband to read it to make sure we understood the same thing. I was interested because I love coffee but hesitant to try it because...well...it just sounds so weird. I googled egg coffee and found out that it is sometimes referred to as Norwegian Egg Coffee and is popular in the midwest and with Lutherans. So, I thought, what the heck, I will try it, if it is terrible I will pour it out. I followed a recipe that I found online and to my utter astonishment discoverd that it is wonderful. I normally drink my coffee with sugar and cream to tame the bitterness, but I can drink this coffee black. It is smooth and delicious.

There is an episode of I Love Lucy where Lucy breaks an egg into a coffee pot before brewing laughing "my grandma was Swedish". :) Since then I've always wanted to try it.

this is way more interesting than it should be

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

timeless beans, think the depressed beardo 2nd from the left is thinking about his aeropress?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Podima posted:

a pinch of salt bails out garbage-tier coffee a lot better than loading it up w/ milk + sugar

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

yeah i have alton brown to thank for teaching me that one but it works great try it with lovely office coffee

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mad Wack posted:

yeah i have alton brown to thank for teaching me that one but it works great try it with lovely office coffee

i have good office coffee :smuggo:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
my lovely office coffee comes in sealed packets, unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'