Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Which snail goo? I got one a few months ago and havent had luck with it, but mine also exploded during shipping (amazon refunded it) so maybe it got.... contaminated or something who knows I may have just bought a crappy brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I was thinking 'that is a really off-putting brand name,' and searched for it on amazon. I would not have guessed that people spend money on actual snail slime so they can rub it on their face.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

ANUSTART posted:

Which snail goo? I got one a few months ago and havent had luck with it, but mine also exploded during shipping (amazon refunded it) so maybe it got.... contaminated or something who knows I may have just bought a crappy brand.

The cosrx 92% stuff. It could also explode just from pressure changes in transport is my guess. It is mostly water.

sleppy posted:

I was thinking 'that is a really off-putting brand name,' and searched for it on amazon. I would not have guessed that people spend money on actual snail slime so they can rub it on their face.

I'm gonna be honest, half the appeal for me is thoughts of little snail farms. Apparently the brand I bought just turns the lights out and comes back to pick up the goo in the morning, which is super cute. As opposed to doing anything mean to them.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

sleppy posted:

wait what

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Actual snail trails, trailed by actual snails.

(I got the 92% reviewed here)

There's a lot of bs that goes around in skincare but as a moisturizer it's pretty legit stuff.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

There is a good chance I will spend part of the afternoon tomorrow looking for clinical studies of snail slime.

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015

I'm a very confused cowboy lost yankee. Boulet Boots and Glock 19, tried to make it blurry for y'all.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

ANUSTART posted:

She uses this one, Mizon Snail Repair Cream. Contrary to the name it's not for repairing snails. It's 92% as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

chicagobutters posted:

I'm a very confused cowboy lost yankee. Boulet Boots and Glock 19, tried to make it blurry for y'all.

I'm a pinko commie city boy but there is something about cowboy boots that I really like. I've never owned a pair out of fear that I'm going to look like Ted Mosbey.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I recently have been turning a tiny room in my house into a room just for playing video games so I bought the following posters and a lamp for an ilumi bulb to make the dorkiest poo poo ever

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

I'm a pinko commie city boy but there is something about cowboy boots that I really like. I've never owned a pair out of fear that I'm going to look like Ted Mosbey.

I thought the same thing at first but did it anyway. I get compliments all the time and was not anticipating that whatsoever. The first week wearing these flat out sucked because the leather was stiff, but going on the third week the leather has molded to my feet and I love wearing them. If you have the cash and want something different buy a good pair and they'll last a lifetime. These Boulet's cost just shy of $200.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

chicagobutters posted:

I thought the same thing at first but did it anyway. I get compliments all the time and was not anticipating that whatsoever. The first week wearing these flat out sucked because the leather was stiff, but going on the third week the leather has molded to my feet and I love wearing them. If you have the cash and want something different buy a good pair and they'll last a lifetime. These Boulet's cost just shy of $200.

I have to wear thin but rigid insoles. Would that be an issue?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh, I bought a throwing axe and that Die Hard activity book for a friend and another batch of gifts for my girlfriend.
When you don't buy anything for your biological family, you get to spoil everyone else!

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Thanks, I was at the Mizon one before I bought the one that broke.

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

I have to wear thin but rigid insoles. Would that be an issue?

I don't see why not. I've read people throw in Superfeet in theirs but haven't found the need to do so. If you're serious I'd go to a place that sells boots and try them out with your insoles, or email the company if you find a pair you like and ask. Western/Cowboy boots fit weird at first as there is some slipping in the heel which goes away once they are broken in, but it's like that for any leather boot really so keep that in mind.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Inzombiac posted:

Get some Chelsea boots, it's a similar feel but the lower/slimmer shaft will look better in your slim jeans.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Coffee And Pie posted:

Get some Chelsea boots, it's a similar feel but the lower/slimmer shaft will look better in your slim jeans.

Should I go pick them up in my Miata?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA89RWCnE1c

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Coffee And Pie posted:

The only good reason I heard for spending money on chelsea boots was this fat santa claus looking dude saying it was easier for him to not have to bend over to lace his boots. They're about as ugly as those clarks desert boots goons fawn over.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

chicagobutters posted:

So am I the only one who read "Boulet boots" and immediately heard Lady Marmalade playing in their head?

BOULET BOOTS COUCHEZ AVEC MOI CE SOIR

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chicagobutters posted:

Raylan Givens cosplay?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Zahi posted:

The only good reason I heard for spending money on chelsea boots was this fat santa claus looking dude saying it was easier for him to not have to bend over to lace his boots. They're about as ugly as those clarks desert boots goons fawn over.

I feel like we disagree here, though I feel like desert boots are getting a bit played out

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

At nearly 70, my Mom's getting into Discworld, which makes Christmas shopping easier than usual:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Hatchet multitool thing for a work secret santa, looks kinda cool for $20 CAD.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

poop dood posted:

So am I the only one who read "Boulet boots" and immediately heard Lady Marmalade playing in their head?

Boulet boots, ah-ha! Take it now or leave it

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

budgieinspector posted:

At nearly 70, my Mom's getting into Discworld, which makes Christmas shopping easier than usual:

It breaks my heart to see you get ugly covers

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Are you judging that book based on that?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

No, they're just shite covers.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Aramek posted:

Clever!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

prom candy posted:

Hatchet multitool thing for a work secret santa, looks kinda cool for $20 CAD.

That will never get used because it's impossible to put a decent amount of force on a flimsy tool like that. Someone got me similar years ago, they're poo poo.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

PCOS Bill posted:

That will never get used because it's impossible to put a decent amount of force on a flimsy tool like that. Someone got me similar years ago, they're poo poo.

I...you...you're...right.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

PCOS Bill posted:

I get gifted that sort of thing all the time because I like tools. If it were 3 times as big it might be a cool camping tool, but I can't even hammer small nails into a stud without just getting out my adult hammer.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I got a pair of cowboy boots when I was like 20 and wore them to the point of needing to have a new sole put on them. They were lovely leather but were perfect for winter in a city full of potholes. I got a far nicer pair of Tony Llamas a few years ago but once I discovered skinny jeans I never wear them anymore.

Also I bought a laptop, or I think I did. It's been like 36h and Dell has yet to charge my card.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Skinny jeans and a.... Dell?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I don't think skinny jeans would look very flattering on Adele.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

I don't think skinny jeans would look very flattering on Adele.

Jncos would be skinny jeans on Adele.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hoho!

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Aramek posted:

It's actually a matter of judging the cover by the book. Those books deserve the crazy fantasy mural artwork, not the dumb font/primary colours/one picture cover.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

Skinny jeans and a.... Dell?

Pants are best slim cut and stretchy, and I wanted a laptop with a discreet video card. Pickings were very slim in the latter category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

mfcrocker posted:

It breaks my heart to see you get ugly covers

no broccoli please posted:

It's actually a matter of judging the cover by the book. Those books deserve the crazy fantasy mural artwork, not the dumb font/primary colours/one picture cover.

I know I'm in the minority, but I honestly hate the Josh Kirby covers. Not saying that the "minimalist" covers are outstanding works of art, but they leave some room for curiosity ("Why the hell does Santa have tusks on this book?"). The Kirby covers are just so busy and so genre-centric that people who might otherwise like the books, I've found, pass them by on the shelf because they look like little D&D manuals.